Person of Interest

Prisoner's Dilemma

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jan 10, 2013 on CBS

• Kudos for the small details

Amazing episode, simply thrilling!

Have to say I really appreciate the funny bits in what is otherwise a very serious episode, though the funniest part for me was definitely Finch gearing up to break into a prison :)

Very few shows can pull off multiple continuing story threads, weave them together and still have a thoroughly coherent narrative. This episode has definitely succeeded there - Elias, FBI, rogue CIA, the shadowy government group, even that idiot that was Bear's previous owner, all combined together and necessary for the development of the episode and the continuing of all the stories.

One more thing I wanted to say is that I also very much appreciate the effort they put into making the Bosnia storyline as believable as possible. Most TV shows choose one of us small countries from across the Atlantic, stick in a few names that sound vaguely from that region, and then mess every other little detail up. I hate that, simply hate it. So, naturally, when I saw the article in Serbian, I paused to read through it, and it's definitely written by someone who knows the language well, with no grammatical mistakes. As a Serbian speaker myself, it's beyond frustrating to find these little tidbits, pause the episode to inspect it, only to discover everything written in Russian, which, while also a Slavic language, has very little in common with Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian trio. So, kudos to the makers for that.