Person of Interest

Provenance

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 04, 2014 on CBS

7.7
  • Not really much action in this episode

Not really much action in this episode, but the story was interesting enough, although not great. On the plus, we got to see bear for a few seconds.
  • Provenance

A good show here tonight, but a bit underwhelming. Reese returning was quick and expected, but there was no reason to delay the inevitable I suppose.
  • carter

Sarah shahi is hot but dull and blah. Big mistake killing carter....
  • So much leaping around for what?

4.5
    I'm not too worry about the ratio of Reese/Shaw/Finch/Root/Fusco... it was just that this was easily the worst POI ever!

The story didn't really fit with the overall tone of POI and the thief/gymnast (to coin a pun) was just 'lame' (and she can't act).

POI has always punched above it's weight, script-wise, sometimes mixing pathos with tongue in cheek but this time it just plain missed the mark. Sad smiley face (first time I've had to give it a below average rating).
  • Decoys and Dead Accomplices

Too much Shaw, not enough Reese/Finch interaction, though the opening of the episode was promising. Of course Finch would jump at the chance to get his hands on the Gutenberg Bible. If nothing else, this episode was pretty high on my geek list, just because of the subject matter. Also, Finch with a 3D printer? Priceless. Mustache Reese, WTF? It's a bit of a different flavor from other episodes, but I'd be disappointed by now if PoI didn't keep me on my toes. I think the story was a little too big for the episode (and Reese getting them into the building for the Bible and then suddenly being in China, seriously?), but it was an interesting watch and the ending was sweet.
  • Nice way to ease Reese back into the frey

Fun show tonight with some interesting twists and turns to it. We needed a show that wasn't deadly serious in order for Reese to slip back into the group. I cried "widdle girl tears" when Reese poured a glass of Scotch for Carter and the last shot of the show featured her glass. ~sigh~ NICE touch that the creators of the show realize the fans still mourn her loss, unlike Julian Fellowes barely mentioning the mega-death of Mathew on Downton Abby. I also thought that the Interpol man was going to be a bad guy; nice that he had a heart and helped Lin escape. I liked the show: I can suspend ANY amount of disbelief for something I love. Hey, I still believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa! LOL
  • He's Gorgeous, l Know So Hands Off.

So Kelli Lin had to steal these priceless Artifacts for this guy named Cyril, because he had kidnapped Lin's daughter Kai. But he had no intention of letting Kai go even after she stole the Bible and meanwhile Reese was on his way to Prague to rescue Kai. Love Shaw shooting Cyril in the kneecaps (when this episode started i thought Bouchard was apart of this), but at the end he let Kelli go free. Great to see the four of them working together as a team. I Enjoyed This Episode. l Suppose l Can Understand Why Some People Didn't Like It.
  • What Happened?

I consider Person of Interest to be the best show on network TV, and I'm almost always very impressed with the storyline, writing, and quality of the show in general. The Devil's Share was one of the finest hours of television ever produced, and 4C, while a laid-back episode, was still tremendously enjoyable.

With that said, this episode was horrible. The plot was contrived and cliched, and so much suspension of disbelief was required that it became a pain fairly quickly. Every few minutes, I was saying "come on" and every part of the plot has been done so many times before. From the fact that the security personnel discussed complex security features over the phone to the uneven bars in the high security building to Reese's mysteriously finding the child in China to the POI's incomprehensible escape to Reese's horrible fake mustache (seriously, what was that?), every plot progression was an eye roller.

The music was laughably over-the-top, and the accents in this episode, too, were pathetically overdone. Everything about this episode felt off. Here's hoping next week is better.