Person of Interest

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2011 Returning September 23, 2014

Gislef

Person of Interest Fan Reviews page 3 of 7

• Why destroy a perfect system??

Just recently I finished watching the second seasons finale. I am as stunned as I was a year ago while the first season ended. This is the perfect show: Story-wise (so compley, my jaw is still down), camera/filmmaking wise, actor/actress wise.... rarely you stumble upon an episode that is "just OK". in fact, I cannot remember any.

Now, four times this season our perfect team got some help from the beautiful Sarah Shahi. I just found out that she was promoted to the main cast for season 3.

My God, please don't make her an equal to Reese. She ofcourse is a fighter, but when you put her next to our favourite knee-shooter, the whole concept will crumble.

We had our power women: Carter and Zoe.

The Brain: Finch.

The Gun: Reese

And all the marvelous other characters.

Why put another main character into the equation. I don't get it.

Is this for ratings? Oh, yes, we need a stunning, young woman.

Just the other day I read a comment of another fan, who had said that he/she is getting sick of those beautiful, young women who can kick ass men twice their size.

I totally agree.

Please don't get me wrong: I like those in NCIS, Hawaii-Five 0 ...

But we had Carter and Zoe and the crazy bitch Root.

Isn't that enough?

Please don't destroy this wonderful system we had there.

But, since there are no known facts about her part in season three... maybe I am getting ahead of myself.
  • Amzing show

This is one unique show. Never seen anything like it. And its great. Muchael Emerson and Jim Caveasel make a great team, and the typical mystque from Abrams is all there. Lets hope this show does not end up like Lost, seen season 1 so far, and have lots of questions, lets hope we get answers, unlike Lost.
  • gr8 show

Harold you do a gr8 job like the style mr. Reese you are the best man out their
  • i'll be Watching!!!!

Can't wait for Season 3

Great cast that works well together, and writers!!!

• totally true....

this show is totally real, few months ago we found out there is a program dedicated to spy on people, it is like this show predicted what is going to happen, every episode better than the last one and I really can't wait for the new season........
  • somehow this works

Totally ridiculous concept, brilliantly executed. Acting and settings are terrific.
  • The best ,and Caviesel ,great he can do any thing and with that good locks ... GREAT SHOW.

Is the only with some type of violence i see and even my kid is allow because is so smart and is not violence for ratings is history you follow the show to now what is the end,and is like the best shows like from the the writer thank you,thank the Mr Caviesel you can do ,Jesus and this great man or dance you are great and many,many,years of this show please.
  • Edgy, Clever, well written, this show keeps getting better and better with every episode!

I am so glad that this show has been renewed. I hope that this story continues for a long time! With every episode I watch the story gets deeper and deeper, with more clever twists and turns to keep me on the edge of my seat!! Bravo!!! Bravo!! =)
  • Best Show!!!

DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT ROOT WAS marked YELLOW from very beginning?????? AWESOME SHOW!!!!!!!!!
  • Superb

Possibly the best show ever made apart from Game of Thrones, it's close. i can't decide.
  • AMAZING, AMAZING & AMAZING

OMG this show is just AMAZING. I love it. It's so gripping. I can't wait till the next season. On tender hooks already.
  • Cool Show

Got late in the game in watching this show, in fact, the first season was watched on DVD and I'm early in the second season.

It's a solid show. It is well cast and it is quite gripping. At this point in time as I'm watching it, our heroes have encountered many antagonists.

Anyways, this show is a keeper. I hope it will spawn many more seasons.

Sure you wonder about some of the tech, like the cloning of phones for example, but hey, every show must have its gimmicks.
  • Person of Interest

Harold is good hacker and his software is perfect by scenarios.. So .John always uses usb-sticker for download information from PC.. why????

• New Face, new dynamics?

Supposedly Sarah Shahi will be "up-graded" to regular status as of Season 3--CBS et al liked her that much. Hope she remains edgy and keeps the boys on their toes!

• excellent

this show has had me captivated from the start its exciting and mysterious at the same time always a twist and turn in story to catch you off when you think you sussed the plot .. i have high hopes this will continue for many seasons to come
  • Creepy Heroes

I love the show, I love the 2 main characters - John Reese and Harold Finch are a bunch of creepy heroes have you ever seen them smile ?
  • Extremely interesting!

The premise of the show it's very unique, the plots are very creative, the characters... There are no words to describe the characters, let's just say that the people who created them and the ones portraying them on the show are brilliant. Amazing. Also, Jim is perfect for the part.
  • I love this show when it's on

I love the writing, the acting, and everything about the show iteself. I hate the fact that I can't count on this show being on every week. More often than not, there is a 1, 2, or even 3 week break before the next show and I really do not like that. I don't like the fact that all the networks just put their shows on hiatus whenever they like. It used to be appointment TV and now it's get it when you can TV.
  • Shaw come back!

I want shaw to join the team full time!!!
  • Outstanding and creative

Person of Interest has to be my favorite TV show, living in the UK we only get a fine selection of the crime dramas that are available in the US and Person of Interest is the only one worth watching. The acting is smart and compelling, the show delivers strong performances and the cast is utilized perfectly to provide a balanced and compelling series of emotions.

From the first and second episodes I was completely hooked on the show. Emerson and Cavizel deliver amazing and in depth performances that strike up a balance of serious conversation and light hearted humor, the most attractive feature of the show is the cast and how Emerson and Cavizel play the roles. Reese and Finch are amazing in depth characters and the show avoids the typical bromance between two male leads (the typical shit that is designed to attract a high 18-49 audience). The relationship between the two is dynamic and layered and the audience can connect with the relationships between the cast as you get a sense that Reese and Finch care for each other on a professional level. Taraji P Henson and Kevin Chapman deliver great performances too.

The storyline is both unique and compelling and unlike anything else on TV, the plot of a machine to stop crime seemed farfetched however the plot is told in a realistic way and the show is one of the most exciting to watch.

The stories are well written by a team of great writers and the end is never predictable. The CIA backstory and Finch's past are drip fed episode by episode providing just enough information to feel satisfied but wanting to know more. For such a complex plot the writers have managed to find a perfect way to deliver the information in a way that makes sense.

The level of action is pleasing without being OTT and the stunts are amazing, Elias is a very compelling and cold villain as is Root, both villains are outstanding. This show is amazing and the only thing I look forward to. In a time where the best shows have gone on for too long and new shows are often weak and the same this is a gem that stands a cut above the rest.

Wishes for Season 3:

1. Move Person of Interest next to the Big Bang Theory or after NCIS to maximize ratings (it really deserves it)

2. Keep up the level of action

3. Keep the same writers

• Finally!!!

This is SUCH a cool show!! Finally a show that is engaging and thoughtful! Even my hubby got into it! It's a show for the hard working man and the housewife! I would recommend watching the first 5 shows in Season 1, you will be hooked! A couple of actresses on this show are also on 'The Following', another awesome show!
  • astounding!

truly one of the best series i have watched! the story, the actors and ofc the tech .. no words really.

Gripping and addictive show with great action, drama & suspense. Each episode keeps you on edge and something you never expected happens. just amazing!

Hope this show will really go on not like Last Resort which appears to have gotten canceled as soon as the first season is done.
  • An intelligent thriller

Person Of Interest is no cookie-cutter crime drama, it is an interesting show about how 2 people with dark pasts can best utilize their skills to prevent crimes.

James Caviezel portrays John Reese who once served in the military doing covert operations joins forces with an enigmatic computer expert who goes by the name Harold Finch, portrayed by Michael Emerson. And together, they use Finch's secret system called "The Machine" to determine who needs their help.

Also in the cast are Taraji Henson as NYPD Det. Carter, who became their reluctant partner despite her suspicions of both Reese & Finch, as well as Kevin Chapman who is also an NYPD detecttive, Lionel Fusco who sometimes himself acts suspicious.

This happens to be the best show CBS has on their network. I for one am a huge fan & it would be a crime for this show not to continue.
  • A very fun and smart crime drama.

The general premise is fairly simple: a computer genius builds a machine for the government that primarily uses surveillance to predict future attacks, but when the government chooses to ignore smaller-scale ordinary crimes and focus only on larger-scale terrorist attacks, the genius decides to enlist the help of a former U.S. Army Special Forces soldier and CIA field officer and together, the two try to prevent as many of the ordinary yet violent crimes that the machine predicts. Michael Emerson plays the genius, Jim Caviezel portrays the badass.

Person of Interest is very much similar to a police procedural, mostly due to the case-of-the-week format. As someone who used to enjoy shows like Law & Order and C.S.I. but currently cant stand to watch these types of procedurals, I'm even more appreciative of what Person of Interest has been able to do. It has taken the rather boring case-of-the-week format and made it as thrilling and entertaining as the best dramas on TV. The two main characters (portrayed by Caviezel and Emerson) are fantastic, and are even more great when sharing the screen together. Most of the cases that the two take on are very well written, usually filled with fun action, surprising twists, and great recurring or guest actors.

This show is a must-watch.
  • am i really the only one...

... who is bothered by the fact that whenever the guy talks to his earpiece, not a single person arround him seems to notice? i mean, seriously, that is a major buzzkill for me. do the producers really think we are all stupid and blind? for example, in s2e3 he is standing in a kitchen, a woman eats 2 meters away from him at a table, and she cant freakin hear him?

apart from idea for a show. but they should concentrate more on the 'machine'. like they did in the ending of season 1.
  • Observations

Yeah, I would just like to offer my observations with regard to Caviezel's character: he has absolutely NO PERSONALITY. This guy makes Dirty Harry look animated by comparison. I can hardly understand what the guy says half of the time. The software designer is a dweeb of the worst kind. Can't stand this show. If you guys like it, that's your damn business. At least Law and Order: SVU has some humor to balance out the more serious stuff.
  • Arguably the Most Gripping, Original, and Multifarious Series on Television...

In today's era of prominent technological reliance and perpetual choices for one to quell his or her boredom, there is only one television series which I never miss on its regularly-scheduled broadcast time, and that is Person of Interest. As a college kid with a part-time job and a semi-active social life, it sometimes feels as if there isn't enough time to manage the miscellaneous tasks of a single day, and yet, I can always find enough opportunities to watch, discuss, and/or recommend Person of Interest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, there is the increasingly-popular decision of DVR'ing a personal favorite show and watching it at another time; there are also the alternatives of waiting for DVDs/Blu-ray to be released, or streaming shows online, but I rapidly found myself adhering to a weekly "tradition" of Person of Interest after watching the pilot, wherein the latest episode would actually dictate every other activity or obligation to which I've associated myself.

For starters, there is the general premise of the series, which in itself, is highly meritorious given the predictable and disappointingly-mundane quality of its competition, even across the broader spectrum of networks on television. While the "police procedural" type of series has practically been bludgeoned to death over the years with cliched story-lines, one-dimensional characters and run-of-the-mill narratives, POI substantially deviates from the pack by establishing an unparalleled system of addressing - and handling - issues pertaining to crime, trust, achievement and one's own purpose in life.

I won't even bother listing Jonathan Nolan's admirable accomplishments as a way of boosting Person of Interest's merits, because the series does a phenomenal job of standing on its own - with two strongly-rooted legs. There are numerous positive attributes to Person of Interest, all of which complement each other: the acting proficiency, the chemistry between distinctive personalities, the relatable characteristics of its players, and not the least of which, the thematic significance of every new development.

The cast of Person of Interest is fresh, robust, and ripe with flair. From the heartbroken, stoical, and aggressive John Reese, to the meticulous, intellectual, and atoning Harold Finch, the primary duo never misses a beat. Individually, however, each man consistently supplements the other to tremendous effect, unsurprisingly influencing everyone else on set, simultaneously. Throughout many decades of riveting television, there have been remarkable pairings such as Abbott & Costello, Mulder & Scully, Flintstone & Rubble, and Seinfeld & Costanza. Well, I'd say it's about time to make some room for the newest lovable twosome: Reese and Finch.

So, the government possesses an extraordinary piece of technology capable of observing ordinary humans in their everyday lives, bestowed upon it by a quirky and lonesome brilliance named Harold Finch. Because of an unshakable, amalgamated sensation of guilt and responsibility, Mr. Finch feels the need to expiate for consequential negligence over the years. Although, being ever-so physically helpless on his own, Mr. Finch enlists the contribution of an ex-CIA agent (Mr. Reese) with an anguishing past, the latter currently wasting away through life as he searches (albeit, indirectly) for an objective to pursue.

Being a man of comparative life-experiences, Mr. Finch decides to constitute a mutual (yet, friendly) relationship with Mr. Reese, and provide him with the occasion to philosophically and literally redeem himself, resulting in the two mordant and mysterious mortals forging an efficient alliance which quickly develops into an imperative bond for the greater good of society.

Joining the momentous adventures of Mr. Reese and Mr. Finch (in one way or another) are the tenacious and sympathetic Detective Carter, and the comical - yet amiable - Detective Fusco. When a future, yet unknown violent incident is in the works, Reese, Finch and their authoritative allies hastily function as a well-oiled machine (no pun intended) to thwart the efforts of a relentless perpetrator - or shield the imperiled innocent men and women whose lives are placed into jeopardy by said culprits.

That's correct, ladies and gentlemen: these altruistic folks attempt to preclude boundless dangerous events from occurring in the first place, instead of spending an hour's worth of television trying to catch the offender(s) responsible for whatever corpse appears. Rounding out the captivating cast of characters include (recurring) nefarious mob bosses, dubious government agents, an unrelenting and minacious hacker, and a reckless - but steadfast - vengeful former CIA agent.

To summarize the excellence of this treasure, Person of Interest is an astonishing concoction of suspense, wit, intrigue, action and humor, clutching the viewer and never letting go; only reaffirming the grasp even mightier than previously. Grade-A performances from the actors and interminable twists during each and every ounce of growth solidifies this spectacle into a near-masterpiece.

Ever think you're being watched?
  • Best episode so far.

Season 2 Episode 16. Best one so far of a brilliant series. I really love the pace of this show and the characters. Michael Emerson is just pure class, his role as Harold is a fantastic continuation from his sublime performance as Ben Linus. Have never paid too much attention before to Mr. Caviezel, but he is superb as Reese. They both have amazing screen presence in this show and play off each other beautifully. I can't say a bad word about the supporting cast, everyone has their place. Can't wait to see how some of the sub plots unfold. Love playing "spot the Lost cast" :) 10 out of 10
  • POI Nation?

After last night's episode, which may be my favorite of them all, I have the distinct impression that they may be setting up for a CSI-like empire/nation. POI Green Bay, maybe? Reese and Finch were invisible in the first half of the show except for Reese's apparent death. Carter and Fusco had minimal roles. A female Reese? The whole thing was riveting and ripe for speculation for the future. I'm staying tuned...
  • non bisogna solo ascoltare...

ma oltre ai dialoghi avete mai seguito i movimenti dei loro corpi, gli sguardi che dicono piu' che le parole?

e' uno spettacolo solo a guardarli!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7