Person of Interest

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Person of Interest Fan Reviews (193)

• The Crossing...

It seems writers for great series like person of interest or even Dexter feel the need to give their show "depth" by killing off characters that you get attached to over several seasons. Where is it written that this is a good thing? What's the bloody point, it does not serve any constructive purpose.

From the beginning, Person of Interest felt like a show that I could watch to have fun, and where the good guys would always win, even if they got beat up quite a bit. It does not spice things up, it just makes me sad, and I'm more than a bit frustrated at how they managed to turn all that fun upside down.

Really, killing off a key character at the end of the episode on a stray bullet, and within just a few seconds? The writers tried too hard to bring us something unexpected - instead they botched up the whole series.

I won't be buying any more of this, I am fed up with this artificial brainf***.
  • HE'S A REPUBLICAN WHO SUPORTS SANTORUM!

I just learned that Caviezel donated money to the 2006 campaign to re-elect U.S. Senator Rick Santorum. As much as I like Person of Interest I will never be able to see this show again knowing that the main actor is such a stupid and insane person.

Whoever agrees with me spread the word and, please, stop watching this maniac!
  • Stupid Writers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why just why please explain to me what good this does for the show?

I think many people will hate this and many people will stop watch the show because of this!

I just do not understand why when you can go all different directions with the show.

Really not necessary to kill of Carter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Used to be my favorite show - This season is a mess. - OK, I changed my mind

November 12th show was great. I will continue to watch. Carter rocks!

This season they have apparently become bored with simply writing a good show. Shaw is OK but they really don't know what to do with her or how to write for her. They only have that "she wants to shoot someone" deal. I don't like that Carter has been busted to patrolman. What, exactly is Root there for? Then there is this new secret organization that is there to protect people's privacy. Now they are taking three episodes to kill off Fusco. I have no interest in seeing him cry while being tortured. Sorry, but I'll tune in again after Thanksgiving.

This thing is all over the place and out of control. Too many characters with no direction.
  • Freaky Root

B4 last night, I enjoyed POI. Last night after freaky Root was reintroduced - I lost interest. Her role's too demonic & creepy. I liked POI when it was helping people. Root contradicts that so I'll no longer watch it.
  • Observations

Yeah, I would just like to offer my observations with regard to Caviezel's character: he has absolutely NO PERSONALITY. This guy makes Dirty Harry look animated by comparison. I can hardly understand what the guy says half of the time. The software designer is a dweeb of the worst kind. Can't stand this show. If you guys like it, that's your damn business. At least Law and Order: SVU has some humor to balance out the more serious stuff.
  • Totally boring.

What's this supposed to be - a procedural, or a superhero thing? A single super-trained action hero is always at the right place, has infallible phone-snooping tech at hand, manipulates court evidence just like that, fights a roomful of people and wins (shoots some six people in the leg without one of them getting a shot off? Seriously??

Another thing - he lets off a grenade in a car (flash-bang? Smoke?) and that makes the car jump up under the right rear axle and turn over?? Come on, guys, that's just sooo lame.

Plus, it takes itself far too seriously. No humor whatsoever.

Fail.

• Lady Killer

As for the show additions: Love Root. Still think Shaw needs to bring it down a notch.

Are we only allowed one review per episode? I couldn't find a way to add a new one; just to "edit" this one.

Anyway. I totally agree with the review by Chancho. Show is going all over the place and getting away from what made it so successful to begin with. Hate when they change directions like that. Same thing happened with Dark Angel. It was successful at first; they changed direction. And the show ended up crappy and canceled. Stick with a good thing people!
  • Disappointed this Season

I agree with those that think it's gone a little haywire this liked the weekly different HR stuff and the new mean, big bad women, is too much.

Carter was the only female actor the show needed, except for those in the weekly shows. The smart alecky women on there don't add anything to the show.
  • Something is missing....

I have been looking forward to seeing a new POI for weeks and this episode was very flat indeed. I hope the writers start bringing the magic back into this show. I agree with the other reviewer - things were not clear and if this is an indicator of what expect in the future, then yes the show has lost its bearings. But I hope they will clear this up and bring back the wow to the show.
  • Person of Interest has been White Washed

4.5
    What a disappointment to find one of our favorite characters killed off in the last episode. We really enjoyed watching the show over the years and Detective Carter has been one of our favorites. There are less and less African-American role models on tv. Detective Carter was a strong, intelligent, attractive black woman with a great career. Which is why its so disappointing to find CBS killing off a great role model. Thinking about it, one by one, blacks have disappeared from this show. Perhaps its an indication that this one's not for us.
  • What Happened to Ms Carter?

I am so disappointed that police officer Ms Carter was killed. She gave the show more personality! A little more character. I can't remember off the top of my head what her rank was; but I miss her.
  • Sorry I didn't start watching from the start

Not your regular show it really makes you think and has more curves then a playboy bunny!

Will now make it a must see show

My IPad lowers the rating when l hit post review.

It's a 10
  • Making Big Brother look cool.

The film 'Minority Report' gave me the willies, and quite frankly so does 'Person of Interest'. Sometimes I swear I can hear George Orwell crying out from the grave, or perhaps laughing his ass off and saying "I told you so!". The thought of some super geek using a super computer to figure out who's about to do something nasty and then siccing a governmenttrained bully boy on him just creeps me out. The thing is, if you use a computer, a cell phone, a credit card or any one of a number of the high tech gadgets that none of us can seem to live without now that we've gotten so used to them, goverment alphabet agencies without number are already doing this to everybody to a certain extent, and the faceless people involved aren't alwaysas altruistic as the protagonists of 'Person of Interest'.Brrr....

• am i really the only one...

... who is bothered by the fact that whenever the guy talks to his earpiece, not a single person arround him seems to notice? i mean, seriously, that is a major buzzkill for me. do the producers really think we are all stupid and blind? for example, in s2e3 he is standing in a kitchen, a woman eats 2 meters away from him at a table, and she cant freakin hear him?

apart from idea for a show. but they should concentrate more on the 'machine'. like they did in the ending of season 1.
  • Such Potential!

Wow... what potential... but what is is the machine thing? Good God, give us a little more, bit by bit each episode...tell us what the machine is! I need more, instead, you ignore the elephant in the room, the machine... Do we care what it is... you fricking bet... You have a lot going for you, the relationships are strong, our confidence in Jim Caviezel is great, his relationship with Taraji is cool... you got the characters, don't blow it by trying to make it so cool, you can't bring us along with you... good luck... I'll keep tracking...
  • promising but please make it morebelievable??? psh psh the social security numbers

so this is written after seeing the pilot, and yes i have an issue with those SS#s not that i wanna steal and identity but im sure they could do better than the repetitive or filled with zeros numbers on the "list"

SO far the show its giving me what i wanted.. something different .. as always fox brings those type of shows that arent ur classic cop shows...

this actually reminds me of human target, but of course that show was way better than this one like 4times.. and we only got to see 2 seasons... so i wouldnt doubt only seeing 1 off this.

anyways ill stick around this for being different.

• The Crossing

I usually love the show. I watch TV to escape the bad things in life. On TV good guys WIN! They don't get killed. If I wanted true life I'd watch the news or 60 minutes all day. Keep it simple. Good guys win. I'd love to watch 'the following' show but the good guys NEVER win. Writers just have it backwards on that one.

Score for show is when I pretend Carter didn't get killed.
  • season 3 is ok

this is one of my fav shows, i love reese. however, shaw is a bit annoying and overly done. i get the tough girl thing, but we get the point. chill out. ugh, i can barely watch it anymore without being annoyed. i do love root though, she is super interesting. carter is getting more awesome.
  • Nice Match

The combination of a genius and an operative worker is amazing!
  • good show

The stars saving one person at a time . We need a whole bunch of him.
  • The machine gave my number

Words can barely express the disappointment I felt when Carter was killed off of the show. I thoroughly enjoyed it up until that point, and even mustered up enough to watch the next two episodes, though with not as much enthusiasm as before. What I find most distressing is the fact that a lot of people found the subtle hint at a possible romance between Carter and Reese ridiculous. Why? Most good relationships are founded in deep friendship and one can easily begin to fall for someone you both admire and have a great deal in common with, especially the longer you deal with that person. I thought the possibility had good promise and would have been interesting to watch unfold, even if they never crossed that bridge. I hope the show continues to thrive but at the end of the day, I suppose the whole Skynet idea will be brought to the surface. #Terminator
  • Question about this episode

Ok I have missed a lot of episodes, but who is the missing team mate that Mr. Reese was referring to in the end? Ms Carter?
  • Who dies Tonight??? .... Not Fusco ... but the dog!!!

i'm trying to think outside the box on this one ...

Last episode, when FInch noted that things were about to get very active, Mr. Reese suggested to Finch that he get Bear a ballistic vest for a guard dog.

This is foreshadowing.
  • You work for me now, son.

Carter was absolutely the BEST thing about this episode. I do hope they keep it up.

I'm still not interested in Shaw one bit, but at least her presence wasn't so assaulting this time around...

The number of the week was good and Reese was awesome. I think Finch letting Shaw know that it's basically okay to ignore instructions could lead to bigger problems later on because she's so unstable. Loved seeing Root show up, especially if she's going to get payback for Shaw shooting her. Missed Fusco.

Overall, I'll be showing up for the core 4 (Carter/Reese/Fusco/Finch) and to see Root's storyline reach its conclusion... I can't wait to see how Carter takes down HR.
  • somehow this works

Totally ridiculous concept, brilliantly executed. Acting and settings are terrific.
  • best show ever

this is the best show that i ever seen it

i found here the biggest forum for shows fans :
  • Interesting, so far

Quite an interesting it doesn't start getting too predictable over time...
  • It had to happen *SPOILERS*

Awesome episode, this show has been great fun to watch from the very start. The last episode was a little weak in places, i would have liked a lot more history on Finch seeing as how it was orientated around him. Anyways this episode brought back the flashbacks and it worked well however sort of gave the game away about the ending. Also it was very obvious as soon as Carter & Reese got nabbed by FBI guy that he was going to have to die. It was the only way out for the two of them. All the flash backs to the woman & the missions were trying to tie in with his interrogation stories but in fact they were only setting up her return. SO although they were great to watch they sort of ruined the suprise a little. Saying all that though that side of the show was still superb I enjoyed it immensely. Now this show dabbles with the lighter side of things which are a welcome break usually however I felt this time it went over board and actually detracted from the episode. What the hell was Fusco stuff all about? Was it purely there to give that model her big acting break? Personally I could have done without any of that... or more depth & explanation. The way it was portrayed just felt cheesey not funny. Anyway I've focused on the negatives so apologies for that, the too & fro in the interegation scenes was great, tense, heart felt at times & kept you guessing what was going to happen next. I'm very interested to see whether Elias will be trying to turn Reese into an asset on the sly lol. Bring on the rest of the series, could do without the wait though :P
  • til death

Hello, I would like to know the title of the song that plays at the end of this episode. A woman sings.

Thank you.