Person of Interest

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2011 Unknown

Gislef

Person of Interest Fan Reviews (265)

• Can't watch this anymore!

I used to love watching this show with my husband on the weekends. This last one with the weird lesbian scenes just totally blew the whole show for me. It didn't fit in with the story line or the development of who Shaw was in past shows. Computers do not calculate or guess who will be romantically involved. This show is NOT about romance. I find it sickening that the writers thought they had to put something in to pacify the gay agenda. I am so disappointed. Another show bites the dust in my opinion. Thumbs down!
  • Lost Interest

This show was really fun when it was a new case each episode. Now its just a high tech soap opera.

Not for me anymore...
  • This Used to Be My Favorite Show!!

In the beginning it was the show we waited for all week. It has just gotten dumber and dumber. Who wants to see so much of those 2 women!! Jim Caviezel/John (spelling)must be bored to death with his part. I am trying to find something else to watch now.
  • COULD IT HAVE BEEN WORSE?

This show started off with interesting, well-written episodes, but this season has been pretty much a bust, and the last few episodes -- including the season finale -- were just awful. I don't know if the original writing team has moved on to greener pastures, but the Samaritan episodes and the concluding mock trial were just over-the-top lame. If that's the way this show is going, and it actually is picked up for another season, I likely won't watch it. They need to get back to the concept that made the show interesting in the first place and scrap all the hokey plot lines that have dominated this year's episodes.
  • The Crossing...

It seems writers for great series like person of interest or even Dexter feel the need to give their show "depth" by killing off characters that you get attached to over several seasons. Where is it written that this is a good thing? What's the bloody point, it does not serve any constructive purpose.

From the beginning, Person of Interest felt like a show that I could watch to have fun, and where the good guys would always win, even if they got beat up quite a bit. It does not spice things up, it just makes me sad, and I'm more than a bit frustrated at how they managed to turn all that fun upside down.

Really, killing off a key character at the end of the episode on a stray bullet, and within just a few seconds? The writers tried too hard to bring us something unexpected - instead they botched up the whole series.

I won't be buying any more of this, I am fed up with this artificial brainf***.
  • HE'S A REPUBLICAN WHO SUPORTS SANTORUM!

I just learned that Caviezel donated money to the 2006 campaign to re-elect U.S. Senator Rick Santorum. As much as I like Person of Interest I will never be able to see this show again knowing that the main actor is such a stupid and insane person.

Whoever agrees with me spread the word and, please, stop watching this maniac!
  • Terrible show

1.5
    Come on guys what happened to the writers from the first two seasons. The 1/6/2015 show was awful. I almost turned it off several times but was hoping it would get better. It didn't! It is so confusing it really makes no sense! Go back to the original premise if you want to keep viewers!
  • This person has lost interest

unstable troll -1 ( and laughing)

stupid fanboys -0 ( and crying in their cereal)
  • Seriously?!

Seriously?!

Are people really this dumb? 'An action thriller with substance', 'Realistic', 'fresh', 'Something the people who wrote these reviews watching the same program as me?

I've just watched the first 4 episodes. For anyone with even a smattering of intellect, this is no more than throwaway entertainment, and not even 'decent' throwaway stuff at that.

'Fresh', 'New'? In exactly what way? Just a thinly disguised vigilante plot.

'Realistic'? Ha! This is not fantasy, sci-fi nor remotely futuristic. It is explicitly set in present time by their 9/11 reference. However, the technology used and events that occur are far from realistic. In fact the goings on and constantly serendipitous occurrences in each episode are outright ridiculous. For example:

- All the bad guys keep GPS active on their phones for convenient instant tracking, and none of them think to buy anonymous pay as you go mobiles. - Back door into NSA systems without their knowing? Yeah right - Can listen through any cellphone's microphone, and of course conversations can be heard perfectly even if the phone is in someone's handbag, inside pocket or located in a noisy nightclub.

There is coincidence after coincidence too. Typical example Reese enters bad guy's house. His cell rings immediately: 'FINCH: did you get to that house yet?' God! It's just so contrived. You might forgive one such lucky occurrence per episode, but not this many.

Apart from the 2 main characters, the acting is poor. No better than low rate bit part actors. The terrible script doesn't help matters either.

Let me illustrate how bad it is. This happens in the first 20 mins of so of episode 4:

-Doctor gives paramedic arriving at the ER directions to a department. think these guys will know the hospital well enough already! -Finch switches the doctors pager. WHY?!!! He can apparently track a grain of sand in the dessert, but now he has to switch a pager to track it? -Reese constantly touches his invisible ear piece when talking. Why? Does he talk through his ear?!-Nightclub CCTV camera shot tracks the bad guy before Finch is even aware of him. -Reese steals bad guys wallet by magic -Reese knocks guy out with one punch. They guy has no bruising whatsoever. -Reese is instantly knocked out by being hit on the shoulder with a gun! -Reese take 3 FULL FORCE punches to the face. Broken nose, knocked out teeth, black eyes, blood everywhere? Of course not - just a tiny cut under his eye!

... the list goes on. It's just once silly thing after another.

This is just dumbed-down entertainment for the masses. The format doesn't help. In 45 minutes they have to introduce the episode's characters, establish why they have been chosen, work out how to resolve the situation and do the resolving. This makes it all too rushed and means it will never be anything more than shallow.

I can't argue against people liking this and rating it 8,6 out of10, it is somewhat subjective after all, but to call it original, realistic, and something of substance? These people probably enjoy this along with z-list celebrity reality TV.

• end root

hate root. loved the show until root was added. it has turned this this show into something almost like supernatural and there are enough of those. of course liked it better with carter. i have stopped watching. hopefully the root character will end and i will definitely watch again
  • Stupid Writers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why just why please explain to me what good this does for the show?

I think many people will hate this and many people will stop watch the show because of this!

I just do not understand why when you can go all different directions with the show.

Really not necessary to kill of Carter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Used to be my favorite show - This season is a mess. - OK, I changed my mind

November 12th show was great. I will continue to watch. Carter rocks!

This season they have apparently become bored with simply writing a good show. Shaw is OK but they really don't know what to do with her or how to write for her. They only have that "she wants to shoot someone" deal. I don't like that Carter has been busted to patrolman. What, exactly is Root there for? Then there is this new secret organization that is there to protect people's privacy. Now they are taking three episodes to kill off Fusco. I have no interest in seeing him cry while being tortured. Sorry, but I'll tune in again after Thanksgiving.

This thing is all over the place and out of control. Too many characters with no direction.
  • Freaky Root

B4 last night, I enjoyed POI. Last night after freaky Root was reintroduced - I lost interest. Her role's too demonic & creepy. I liked POI when it was helping people. Root contradicts that so I'll no longer watch it.
  • Observations

Yeah, I would just like to offer my observations with regard to Caviezel's character: he has absolutely NO PERSONALITY. This guy makes Dirty Harry look animated by comparison. I can hardly understand what the guy says half of the time. The software designer is a dweeb of the worst kind. Can't stand this show. If you guys like it, that's your damn business. At least Law and Order: SVU has some humor to balance out the more serious stuff.
  • Totally boring.

What's this supposed to be - a procedural, or a superhero thing? A single super-trained action hero is always at the right place, has infallible phone-snooping tech at hand, manipulates court evidence just like that, fights a roomful of people and wins (shoots some six people in the leg without one of them getting a shot off? Seriously??

Another thing - he lets off a grenade in a car (flash-bang? Smoke?) and that makes the car jump up under the right rear axle and turn over?? Come on, guys, that's just sooo lame.

Plus, it takes itself far too seriously. No humor whatsoever.

Fail.

• Shaw ruined the show.

2.5
    Shaw is the reason I stopped watching. the addition of this flat( pun intended) comic book character ruined everything else. It has turned into a jiggle show. You may as well watch Charmed. Telling the story of the machine could have been so interesting, but NO. They had to ruin everything by having these two Buffy the vampire Slayers do everything, and Jim follow them around like a puppy dog. As a woman, i find these kind of characters offensive. the show is obviously looking for a young male demographic. Well, fine. Its a different show now, and the old fans best go elsewherewhich they are doing if the ratings are anything to go by.
  • Root is the root cause of POI's down turn.

The Root character Is ridiculous! She was a good villain but she sucks as a good guy. Also how does she go from being a hacker to a trained killer. She has become the tough guy on the show. John it the hero, everyone else are sidekicks. They need to get back the shows base story. Kill Root and Samaritan off and get Shaw back.
  • re-runs

I don't know how to create a new review so I'm overwriting this one. I totally agree with Saikopi. Root is in charge now and I DON"T LIKE It. She started out fun and quirky and is now annoying and taking over the whole show. I like Harold and John. And Shaw has grown on me. So she and Root have reversed positions to my liking. Like Shaw now; do not like Root. (Nothing personal to the And I really like Lionel. He has some really great lines. They need to use him more as well. And John has been delegated to muscle. He is too smart for that (not to mention easy on the eyes so I want more of
  • Disappointed this Season

I agree with those that think it's gone a little haywire this liked the weekly different HR stuff and the new mean, big bad women, is too much.

Carter was the only female actor the show needed, except for those in the weekly shows. The smart alecky women on there don't add anything to the show.
  • A copy of "Angel" Season finale

3.5
    Do you remember how finished the last episode of Angel? It seemed to me a copy of the same idea. Too bad this fourth season. I did not understand anything of what happened. Sorry for a bad english...
  • disappointed

this series start as a action thriller but now its only a lesbian love drama... story stuck in same place , same scenes... its only the first seson it was great after the two women become main characters its start to bore.. really really borring... could have done better... RIPerson of interest
  • Are the machines actually warring?

This season of POI has been a real disappointment. This "war" between the AI's has been a joke. Computers functioning on the level of the Machine and Samaritan would have resolved the conflict in days. If not faster, these things function on the microsecond level, minutes are forever for these things.

One important point that is completely glossed over is the Machine is IN Samaritan. So once the two realized they could not co-exist the Machine should have reset the spin rates on drives, voltage regulators, temperature controls on controls and literally cooked Samaritan. This would have happened so fast by the time any human realized what was going on and thought WTF it would have been over.

Conversely Samaritan has access to massive resources and would have done a brute force search and found and eliminated the Machine.

So this entire season was a colossal waste of time and exercise in plot convenience nothing more. So when this season finishes and if there is no resolution between the AI's conflict I am done with this show.

Sadly this show has the potential to last several more seasons but only if they move on and start advancing the story again. As it stands now it stagnant and beginning to die a slow painful death due to lack of story advancement.

My advice fire the writers and get some who understand how fast AI's would function and resolve the war and move on with new stories. The Machine helping society is way more interesting than this war. Especially when the war is more a phoney war...

Anyhow that is my thoughts on the matter. Cheers
  • lost its way

This show is supposed to be helping those whose numbers come up. Now is this weirdness with root and how talks to the machine and samaritan, etc.

Bring it back to its original premise!
  • Something is missing....

I have been looking forward to seeing a new POI for weeks and this episode was very flat indeed. I hope the writers start bringing the magic back into this show. I agree with the other reviewer - things were not clear and if this is an indicator of what expect in the future, then yes the show has lost its bearings. But I hope they will clear this up and bring back the wow to the show.
  • Person of Interest has been White Washed

4.5
    What a disappointment to find one of our favorite characters killed off in the last episode. We really enjoyed watching the show over the years and Detective Carter has been one of our favorites. There are less and less African-American role models on tv. Detective Carter was a strong, intelligent, attractive black woman with a great career. Which is why its so disappointing to find CBS killing off a great role model. Thinking about it, one by one, blacks have disappeared from this show. Perhaps its an indication that this one's not for us.
  • Is this intentional?

Quoted from MIT tech:

"To make the Machine work as well as Fink imagines, HP needs to create memristor memory chips and a new kind of operating system designed to use a single, giant store of
  • root rot

How come this Root person has became the whatnot main character of this show? One who dictates every outcome. Hating it, (yeah yeah hater gonna hate) but yes i'm hating how this shows turned out. Get rid of the "conspiracy controversy trying to be like 'Lost'" and grow some balls on Harold how he deserves. Get original writes back ,look first episodes that made this show how it is supposed to be. This direction the show's been taking is been less and less entertaining. Back to the shows basics or cancel this pile of wannabeedgy it has became.
  • the machine has been letting me down

This show has been one of my favorite shows in recent memory. However, this season hasnt been that stellar. Now, while ill admit that im still upset that sarah shahi hasnt been around, they have been faltering. Its my hope that theyre going to put the warring machines back into play soon.
  • EPISODE: Blunt (Aired 2/24/2015)

This series has become very confusing. With the good machine battling the bad machine, it is hare to keep up with the initial theme of the series. With Shat out of the scene and the crew hiding under ground, the good still get done, but the evil is still there. It is time for the war to end. Time to return to the roots of this series. Lets remove the confusion and get back to fixing the broke people.
  • Person of Interest

You have talented writers of this program. However the counterspy organization is getting to sound like "Red John" on the mentalist. And that program is on it's last year.

Do all TV writers have a command to insert un-natural sex into programming. Why is it even needed?
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9