Person of Interest

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Person of Interest Fan Reviews (224)

• Observations

Yeah, I would just like to offer my observations with regard to Caviezel's character: he has absolutely NO PERSONALITY. This guy makes Dirty Harry look animated by comparison. I can hardly understand what the guy says half of the time. The software designer is a dweeb of the worst kind. Can't stand this show. If you guys like it, that's your damn business. At least Law and Order: SVU has some humor to balance out the more serious stuff.
  • Totally boring.

What's this supposed to be - a procedural, or a superhero thing? A single super-trained action hero is always at the right place, has infallible phone-snooping tech at hand, manipulates court evidence just like that, fights a roomful of people and wins (shoots some six people in the leg without one of them getting a shot off? Seriously??

Another thing - he lets off a grenade in a car (flash-bang? Smoke?) and that makes the car jump up under the right rear axle and turn over?? Come on, guys, that's just sooo lame.

Plus, it takes itself far too seriously. No humor whatsoever.

Fail.

• I thought this would be the best new show this season but it was one of the worst i watched the 2 episodes and im so bored and im going to give it a 3rd episode if it sucks i wont watch it again.

I had high expectations and from what ive seen from Abrams and Nolan i thought it would be so much better because they all have done great work all these year Nolan in writing batman and dark knight with his bro and Abram in one of the best series Lost. Person of interestdoesn'thave a goodstory lineit has action but without a good story it is boring wedon'thave a mainstory lineyet no mainvillainand until now each episode has him going to save someone so idon'tknow where r they going with this but im gonna give it some more time to see if it gets better or not but im not gonna watch it live i will just dvr it and watch it when i dont have anything to do because it iscompetingwith the best new drama scifi which is the secret circle.

• Making Big Brother look cool.

The film 'Minority Report' gave me the willies, and quite frankly so does 'Person of Interest'. Sometimes I swear I can hear George Orwell crying out from the grave, or perhaps laughing his ass off and saying "I told you so!". The thought of some super geek using a super computer to figure out who's about to do something nasty and then siccing a governmenttrained bully boy on him just creeps me out. The thing is, if you use a computer, a cell phone, a credit card or any one of a number of the high tech gadgets that none of us can seem to live without now that we've gotten so used to them, goverment alphabet agencies without number are already doing this to everybody to a certain extent, and the faceless people involved aren't alwaysas altruistic as the protagonists of 'Person of Interest'.Brrr....

• HE'S A REPUBLICAN WHO SUPORTS SANTORUM!

I just learned that Caviezel donated money to the 2006 campaign to re-elect U.S. Senator Rick Santorum. As much as I like Person of Interest I will never be able to see this show again knowing that the main actor is such a stupid and insane person.

Whoever agrees with me spread the word and, please, stop watching this maniac!
  • The Crossing...

It seems writers for great series like person of interest or even Dexter feel the need to give their show "depth" by killing off characters that you get attached to over several seasons. Where is it written that this is a good thing? What's the bloody point, it does not serve any constructive purpose.

From the beginning, Person of Interest felt like a show that I could watch to have fun, and where the good guys would always win, even if they got beat up quite a bit. It does not spice things up, it just makes me sad, and I'm more than a bit frustrated at how they managed to turn all that fun upside down.

Really, killing off a key character at the end of the episode on a stray bullet, and within just a few seconds? The writers tried too hard to bring us something unexpected - instead they botched up the whole series.

I won't be buying any more of this, I am fed up with this artificial brainf***.
  • Person of Interest has been White Washed

4.5
    What a disappointment to find one of our favorite characters killed off in the last episode. We really enjoyed watching the show over the years and Detective Carter has been one of our favorites. There are less and less African-American role models on tv. Detective Carter was a strong, intelligent, attractive black woman with a great career. Which is why its so disappointing to find CBS killing off a great role model. Thinking about it, one by one, blacks have disappeared from this show. Perhaps its an indication that this one's not for us.
  • re-runs

I don't know how to create a new review so I'm overwriting this one. I totally agree with Saikopi. Root is in charge now and I DON"T LIKE It. She started out fun and quirky and is now annoying and taking over the whole show. I like Harold and John. And Shaw has grown on me. So she and Root have reversed positions to my liking. Like Shaw now; do not like Root. (Nothing personal to the And I really like Lionel. He has some really great lines. They need to use him more as well. And John has been delegated to muscle. He is too smart for that (not to mention easy on the eyes so I want more of
  • end root

hate root. loved the show until root was added. it has turned this this show into something almost like supernatural and there are enough of those. of course liked it better with carter. i have stopped watching. hopefully the root character will end and i will definitely watch again
  • Paranoia Runs Deep

Let me tell you what AMAZES me about this show. The main character played Jesus Christ in the most powerful film ever made. NOW he is appearing in a show that makes you lose your faith in the redemption and peace of Jesus Christ and INSTEAD sends out the message "Be afraid. Be very afraid." But the truth is- if you put your trust in Jesus Christ then nothing can touch you. Not even all the cameras and interrogators in the world...Jim Caviezel must have forgotten THAT.
  • Freaky Root

B4 last night, I enjoyed POI. Last night after freaky Root was reintroduced - I lost interest. Her role's too demonic & creepy. I liked POI when it was helping people. Root contradicts that so I'll no longer watch it.
  • I have tried, really, but not without Carter!!

After 3 or 4 episodes after Taraji Henson left PoI I stopped watching show.

• Shaw ruined the show.

2.5
    Shaw is the reason I stopped watching. the addition of this flat( pun intended) comic book character ruined everything else. It has turned into a jiggle show. You may as well watch Charmed. Telling the story of the machine could have been so interesting, but NO. They had to ruin everything by having these two Buffy the vampire Slayers do everything, and Jim follow them around like a puppy dog. As a woman, i find these kind of characters offensive. the show is obviously looking for a young male demographic. Well, fine. Its a different show now, and the old fans best go elsewherewhich they are doing if the ratings are anything to go by.
  • Lost Interest

This show was really fun when it was a new case each episode. Now its just a high tech soap opera.

Not for me anymore...
  • COULD IT HAVE BEEN WORSE?

This show started off with interesting, well-written episodes, but this season has been pretty much a bust, and the last few episodes -- including the season finale -- were just awful. I don't know if the original writing team has moved on to greener pastures, but the Samaritan episodes and the concluding mock trial were just over-the-top lame. If that's the way this show is going, and it actually is picked up for another season, I likely won't watch it. They need to get back to the concept that made the show interesting in the first place and scrap all the hokey plot lines that have dominated this year's episodes.
  • Used to be my favorite show - This season is a mess. - OK, I changed my mind

November 12th show was great. I will continue to watch. Carter rocks!

This season they have apparently become bored with simply writing a good show. Shaw is OK but they really don't know what to do with her or how to write for her. They only have that "she wants to shoot someone" deal. I don't like that Carter has been busted to patrolman. What, exactly is Root there for? Then there is this new secret organization that is there to protect people's privacy. Now they are taking three episodes to kill off Fusco. I have no interest in seeing him cry while being tortured. Sorry, but I'll tune in again after Thanksgiving.

This thing is all over the place and out of control. Too many characters with no direction.
  • am i really the only one...

... who is bothered by the fact that whenever the guy talks to his earpiece, not a single person arround him seems to notice? i mean, seriously, that is a major buzzkill for me. do the producers really think we are all stupid and blind? for example, in s2e3 he is standing in a kitchen, a woman eats 2 meters away from him at a table, and she cant freakin hear him?

apart from idea for a show. but they should concentrate more on the 'machine'. like they did in the ending of season 1.
  • promising but please make it morebelievable??? psh psh the social security numbers

so this is written after seeing the pilot, and yes i have an issue with those SS#s not that i wanna steal and identity but im sure they could do better than the repetitive or filled with zeros numbers on the "list"

SO far the show its giving me what i wanted.. something different .. as always fox brings those type of shows that arent ur classic cop shows...

this actually reminds me of human target, but of course that show was way better than this one like 4times.. and we only got to see 2 seasons... so i wouldnt doubt only seeing 1 off this.

anyways ill stick around this for being different.

• Stupid Writers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why just why please explain to me what good this does for the show?

I think many people will hate this and many people will stop watch the show because of this!

I just do not understand why when you can go all different directions with the show.

Really not necessary to kill of Carter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This Used to Be My Favorite Show!!

In the beginning it was the show we waited for all week. It has just gotten dumber and dumber. Who wants to see so much of those 2 women!! Jim Caviezel/John (spelling)must be bored to death with his part. I am trying to find something else to watch now.
  • This person has lost interest

now they are adding ANOTHER character? oh that's tight the required blonde. so no longer interested in this show.
  • root rot

How come this Root person has became the whatnot main character of this show? One who dictates every outcome. Hating it, (yeah yeah hater gonna hate) but yes i'm hating how this shows turned out. Get rid of the "conspiracy controversy trying to be like 'Lost'" and grow some balls on Harold how he deserves. Get original writes back ,look first episodes that made this show how it is supposed to be. This direction the show's been taking is been less and less entertaining. Back to the shows basics or cancel this pile of wannabeedgy it has became.
  • Filming.

Seriously does it have to be so dark. ? Cant hardly see what is going on.
  • DVD follower of Person of Interest.................

behind you live viewers. The Crossing was so full of impossible situations I grew weary. The morgue is surrounded - and then it wasn't. A miracle !! Several that way. The end of the episode smoothed out so quickly from total mayhem - ridiculous. No way Fusco comes back from multiple broken fingers for such a heroic response, Yes, its TV - but give me a break and leave a fragment of believability somewhere. Carter dead - tells me the new romance could not work. I'll stop.....
  • killing Carte are you crazy

you are crazy, if they are contemplating killing Carter, it's crazy, it's like we're killing the show kidney. Have to do something if not this show comes in chopped then I am telling you.
  • Root not a fan

They should have killed off that Root character last season when they had the chance....
  • Disappointed this Season

I agree with those that think it's gone a little haywire this liked the weekly different HR stuff and the new mean, big bad women, is too much.

Carter was the only female actor the show needed, except for those in the weekly shows. The smart alecky women on there don't add anything to the show.
  • Such Potential!

Wow... what potential... but what is is the machine thing? Good God, give us a little more, bit by bit each episode...tell us what the machine is! I need more, instead, you ignore the elephant in the room, the machine... Do we care what it is... you fricking bet... You have a lot going for you, the relationships are strong, our confidence in Jim Caviezel is great, his relationship with Taraji is cool... you got the characters, don't blow it by trying to make it so cool, you can't bring us along with you... good luck... I'll keep tracking...
  • Not quite there

I'm a huge POI fan but this particular episode I thought was less well written than many... the possible romance between Shaw and the thief guy was laboured and Root's inquiries and interest a bit heavy handed... there were also a couple of continuity problems... and not enough Reese.

Still enjoyable enough and moved the plot forward.... but not as slick and entertaining as usual. One of POI best qualities is it's 'smarts' and this episode may have been dropped on it's head while being penned ;-)
  • What Happened to Ms Carter?

I am so disappointed that police officer Ms Carter was killed. She gave the show more personality! A little more character. I can't remember off the top of my head what her rank was; but I miss her.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8