Person of Interest

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2011 Returning September 23, 2014

Gislef

Person of Interest Fan Reviews (212)

• Person of Interest: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Person of Interest hooks in viewers in the beginning and keeps them watching for awhile which is awesome since that seems to be the one of the biggest problems of most tvs series today. The show's dialogue is believable and doesn't mask the characters intelligence with fake or fancy words like a lot of technical tv shows like to do. Though I would say that the way the characters operate computers is unrealistic with all the beeping noises that pop up when they load up multiple windows when tapping random keys on the keyboard. Action scenes when shown are often choreographed well enough to be believable. The cinematography is just as good if not better then a good amount of tv shows out now. The music fits well with each scene these are some good examples of good synergy between music and the scene (I recommend only watching the first one if you haven't watched the show yet. Don't blame me if I spoiled anything about the major plot line of the show, you are accountable for your own actions)

(Go to youtube and type in Person Of Interest John vs Swat Unit Season 3 Episode 10)

(Go to youtube and type in Person of Interest 3x10 The Devil's Share Opening Scene )

The cast of characters are great, but as the show progresses the characters of Sarah Shahi and Amy Acker seem to have some trouble finding their place in the show as they seem to disrupt the chemistry between the characters of Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson, and Kevin Chapman. As the show progresses even further, Sarah Shahi's character seems to find some chemistry as the "hammer" of team machine, but Amy Acker's character seems to have trouble finding her role in the show. You begin to wonder where Amy Acker's character is going in regards to whether is she good or bad. This kind of character can often be good for a show, but it can be a risk if not done properly since it could often lead the viewer confused if the characters position in relation to the other characters has landed properly. In other words does the characters actual intentions seem clear or interesting to the audience? With a closer look into the roles of each actor and their abilities as actors, Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P Henson, Kevin Chapman, and Amy Acker seem to fit their roles well, but Sara Shahi's acting isn't quite there yet. I often feel like Sarah Shahi's overplaying the toughness in her character whereas with the psychotic character played by Amy Acker feels natural and the toughness from Taraji P. Henson feels natural. Personally I feel Jim Caviezel's character would have been better off without all the whispering talk, but it fits his character. Amy Acker's voice can be very annoying, but can grow on you. Michael Emerson despite playing a lot of villains throughout his career, he plays a protagonist very well which is most likely because of his characters troubling history. He has the image of a engineer and to be honest he looks like he would play a perfect evil scientist. Bear has awesome synergy with Michael Emerson's characters, lol.

DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SHOW TILL SEASON 3 EPISODE 9

Unfortunately as the show goes on Taraji P. Henson's character dies and her female bravado is left to Sarah Shahi who often struggles to find that perfect amount of strength in her character like Taraji P, Henson did in her character. With Taraji P. Henson gone I feel there is a gaping hole in the show now that needs to be filled quick for the sake of the chemistry of the cast. I believe in order to fill this hole there needs to be an added character to the cast or at least give Jim Caviezel more screen time with Kevin Chapman as that connection between team machine and the NYPD isn't as strong as it used to be which leaves Kevin Chapmans role in the future questionable in whether how significant it will be. As for the villains the characters are portrayed very well. Despite Robert John Burke's obvious appearance as a bad cop his character is placed well between the good guys and Clarke Peters who is the head of HR which is filled with bad cops. Enrico Colantoni plays his role well as his appearance does well to make viewers misinterpret him as a good guy where in fact he is a son of a mob boss.

DON"T READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED ALL OF SEASON 3

As the seasons go on more bad guys are shown and interestingly one of them appears to be a big threat way later on in the show, John Nolan, uncle of the shows writer Jonathan Nolan, plays a villain who wants to destroy the machine by overshadowing it with his own machine. John Nolan plays his villain role well enough to feel a similar feeling as Dian MicDiarmid's role as Darth Sidious in Star Wars, though I wouldn't say both actors are equal in performance since these are entirely different productions. Hopefully season 4 will fix problems and continue to intrigue its audience and reel back in those that have lost interest do to the chaotic yet very interesting third season.

• Lost Interest

This show was really fun when it was a new case each episode. Now its just a high tech soap opera.

Not for me anymore...
  • Why did they have to kill the black character?

I like the show, but stopped watching the show since that happened. I gave the show a high rating because when I watched I really liked it. But that was the past.

Reading the reviews of recent episodes and how the show has changed makes me realized I haven't been missing much anything anyway.
  • Persons of Interest

started watching this and now cant stop... all actors are amazing they all have there own personality, which makes for good tv.... cant wait for new series....
  • This person has lost interest

now they are adding ANOTHER character? oh that's tight the required blonde. so no longer interested in this show.
  • Uno dei migliori telefilm d'azione di tutti i tempi.

Questo il nuovo caplavoro di J. J. Abrams,creatore di Lost,pieno d'azione,personaggi dal carisma irresistibile e molta tensione.
  • Shaw ruined the show.

2.5
    Shaw is the reason I stopped watching. the addition of this flat( pun intended) comic book character ruined everything else. It has turned into a jiggle show. You may as well watch Charmed. Telling the story of the machine could have been so interesting, but NO. They had to ruin everything by having these two Buffy the vampire Slayers do everything, and Jim follow them around like a puppy dog. As a woman, i find these kind of characters offensive. the show is obviously looking for a young male demographic. Well, fine. Its a different show now, and the old fans best go elsewherewhich they are doing if the ratings are anything to go by.
  • This Used to Be My Favorite Show!!

In the beginning it was the show we waited for all week. It has just gotten dumber and dumber. Who wants to see so much of those 2 women!! Jim Caviezel/John (spelling)must be bored to death with his part. I am trying to find something else to watch now.
  • re-runs

I don't know how to create a new review so I'm overwriting this one. I totally agree with Saikopi. Root is in charge now and I DON"T LIKE It. She started out fun and quirky and is now annoying and taking over the whole show. I like Harold and John. And Shaw has grown on me. So she and Root have reversed positions to my liking. Like Shaw now; do not like Root. (Nothing personal to the And I really like Lionel. He has some really great lines. They need to use him more as well. And John has been delegated to muscle. He is too smart for that (not to mention easy on the eyes so I want more of
  • Best show

like this one
  • root rot

How come this Root person has became the whatnot main character of this show? One who dictates every outcome. Hating it, (yeah yeah hater gonna hate) but yes i'm hating how this shows turned out. Get rid of the "conspiracy controversy trying to be like 'Lost'" and grow some balls on Harold how he deserves. Get original writes back ,look first episodes that made this show how it is supposed to be. This direction the show's been taking is been less and less entertaining. Back to the shows basics or cancel this pile of wannabeedgy it has became.
  • one of the best shows on at the moment

a rollercoaster of a show. action, humour and clever take on conspiracy and espionage. can't wait for the next season!

. they do a great job in making you look forward to the day Greer gets his comeuppance! He's the new smoking man but much worse!
  • How could it be better but it keeps getting better !!..

This show just keeps getting better just my opinion.

I don't really understand hernyb's comments but each to there own and can have his/her own opinions.

I just think this season has been simply awesome and a must watch and then watch again in case you've missed some little piece of the story.

Anyway just my opinion It rocks.
  • COULD IT HAVE BEEN WORSE?

This show started off with interesting, well-written episodes, but this season has been pretty much a bust, and the last few episodes -- including the season finale -- were just awful. I don't know if the original writing team has moved on to greener pastures, but the Samaritan episodes and the concluding mock trial were just over-the-top lame. If that's the way this show is going, and it actually is picked up for another season, I likely won't watch it. They need to get back to the concept that made the show interesting in the first place and scrap all the hokey plot lines that have dominated this year's episodes.
  • A thinking man's 24

How do you review perfection ? How can you even begin to comment when the very air has left your lungs after having watched 3 seasons of some of the best Tv ever made ?

This show has it all, attention to detail, very dry humor, a dog that kicks ass. Shaw and Root contrast each other as brilliantly as Finch and Reese do. I wasn't a fan of Fusco's but every time he says miss cuckoo clock I can't help but burst out laughing.

This morning after having watched the finale, the world actually felt different, it felt like I was being watched...... I almost expected to see Neo walking down some dark side street wearing a t shirt that says, I am not a Samaritan..

can't wait for season 4

• A Peek into the Future

With stories so well written and thoughts so frightening, little violence is needed!
  • Trial Not well Ending was Awesome

The "trial" was not written well. It did not fully discuss what specific Constitutional Rights and Civil Rights are infracted by surveillance and recording , wire tapping, indefinite holding of prisioners, no due process etc.

On the Other last 15 minutes were nail biting, amazing, and even sad. The ending left me wondering if this was the LAST episode of the series. Samaritan with its ruthless NWO leader is now makes it clear They can no longer operate as they did. They are now an imminent threat to the Government (so how can they still work seems they have left the characters in a position to reinvent themselves. All bets are off. It also leaves it open for cancellation should ratings or salary disputes have not read the show has been 'renewed" for a 4th season. CB Swaits till end of MAY to start revealing what will return....

Episode all around was interesting and certainly had a tremendous conclusion.... if only the trial had been a bit more well researched and eloquent...
  • Beta Test a Success [for Finch and

This was POI's best episode of the season. Root has finally come around, clarified her positions, made all the right moves, while Reese and Shaw kick ass. Full of action sequences that tied together extremely well. Great direction, scripting and acting from everyone, including, as always, Lionel. Giving the audience a bone with Samaritan's obvious fallibilities was a great shot in the arm. I can't wait for the next episode! Great work all round.
  • PROMIS>Omnivore>Carnivore>PRISM/NSA>Northern Lights (Harold Finch's Machine)>Samaritan

This is the "Software Eats World" big flick in the timeline surrounding Person of Interest that has me wondering how Samaritan will work in the next two episodes. Feel free to google any of the software items in the "review title" and you'll find that these databases and internet monitoring systems have had a checkered past in the government's hands. Person of Interest is a reflection of how a database becomes a helluvalot more than a database. Mr. Reese's line "no wonder people don't trust their government" sums it up.
  • Person of Interest Review

Person of Interest is a great show and I hope there are more seasons to come. I compare this show to Burn Notice, another great show. I 100% reccomend that you watch this show!
  • Seriously, what's with the frequent breaks?

Again, why do they have so many breaks? Can the network be more frustrating? Its killing me! When its reaching its final stage of the season. Wouldn't it be better with some continuity then?

I don't live over in the states, so can someone please tell me what's going on? I've never seen a show with more frequent short breaks than Person of Interest.

Oh, and the reason for my whine is simple, I love this show!
  • Can I Have Some More Please!!

POI is by far the best program on TV, so more seasons please. Also I'd happily pay to watch a POI film if it were ever to be made. Thank you all the people involved in making POI what it is. Nuff said :)
  • The machine gave my number

Words can barely express the disappointment I felt when Carter was killed off of the show. I thoroughly enjoyed it up until that point, and even mustered up enough to watch the next two episodes, though with not as much enthusiasm as before. What I find most distressing is the fact that a lot of people found the subtle hint at a possible romance between Carter and Reese ridiculous. Why? Most good relationships are founded in deep friendship and one can easily begin to fall for someone you both admire and have a great deal in common with, especially the longer you deal with that person. I thought the possibility had good promise and would have been interesting to watch unfold, even if they never crossed that bridge. I hope the show continues to thrive but at the end of the day, I suppose the whole Skynet idea will be brought to the surface. #Terminator
  • Reese

This TV Show Must Continue at least 4-5 more seasons.
  • What Happened to Ms Carter?

I am so disappointed that police officer Ms Carter was killed. She gave the show more personality! A little more character. I can't remember off the top of my head what her rank was; but I miss her.
  • Shit's about to get overload

Dunno about others but i sense something big's about to showdown.... its been building up for quite a good number of episodes now, i think it'll be much clearer next episode. POI is of d hook!
  • Patience,its getting there ... ? Hopefully ...

A new story develops ... Kind of a shallow start,if you ask me .

Last scene felt like Batman and Robin :-)
  • Something is missing....

I have been looking forward to seeing a new POI for weeks and this episode was very flat indeed. I hope the writers start bringing the magic back into this show. I agree with the other reviewer - things were not clear and if this is an indicator of what expect in the future, then yes the show has lost its bearings. But I hope they will clear this up and bring back the wow to the show.
  • The Vanishing Reese

What's happening behind the scenes to this show? It was television's most explosive and engaging new series, and now it's tepid at best. In the latest series, we find the co-heroes [Reese and Shaw] called in to stop child kidnappers from killing a 10-year-old boy. Okay, decent set-up, except that we have had little to no connection to this kid or anyone else associated with this case, so there is zero audience investment in the outcome. Then Reese confronts a bar full of bad guys for what is shaping up to be a classic fight scene, and they cut to the end of it with all the guys on the floor. bull&*t on that. If there' no budget for a fight, do something else. Shaw pulls her gun a few times and settles another dispute, which Reese is apparently no longer capable of. The list goes on. Here's my point: The show has lost it's bearings. In the first episode of the series, there was this "bum" sitting on a train who is approached by a pack of thugs who assume he's a helpless derelict. Needless to say, things turn out very differently for them and POI was born. He was then recruited by a tech billionaire to solve crimes and together with help from inside the NYPD, they made a highly unlikely, and thus, very likable pair. Then it changed, lost it's focus, and not sits on autopilot in "run out of idea" mode. I hope this gets straightened out before POI is cancelled. I had great hope when Reese decided to rejoin the group, but in a way, he never really did.
  • Rise of the Machines:-)

I have seen seen tonnes of shows. But this is MindBlowing
CBS