Person of Interest

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2011 Unknown

Gislef

Person of Interest Fan Reviews (265)

• disappointed

this series start as a action thriller but now its only a lesbian love drama... story stuck in same place , same scenes... its only the first seson it was great after the two women become main characters its start to bore.. really really borring... could have done better... RIPerson of interest
  • Mind Blown

After recently binge watching this show I must say I am very impressed. I love this show and amazing characters make up for having a subpar plot. In my eyes all the seasons are pretty equal, a lot of people are saying Season 4 was bad in comparison, but I enjoyed it. The "numbers" were more interesting and the situations were more complex, the Brotherhood gang was a great force against Elias, and as someone mentioned If-Then-Else was probably the best episode out of the 90 episodes. I give it a 9 for two reasons. First, season 4 got away from going into the past of each character and learning about them. Specifically Root, she becomes a prominent character, but we don't know much about her besides why she is fascinated with the machine. There is still a lot more to Harold and Shaw that could of helped also. Second, the idea of AI vs. AI is a bit confusing. Just in the sense of how the co-exist with one another if they're same thing? What makes Samaratin so much more powerful than the Machine? You know like somehow defining the difference between the machines. Overall, great series, sucks it got bad ratings for season 4 and that it may soon be cancelling. The actors are amazing and the writers need to just make it more compelling again.
  • This person has lost interest

unstable troll -1 ( and laughing)

stupid fanboys -0 ( and crying in their cereal)
  • Hey Billyray

I find it equal parts funny, fascinating, and sad that you take all of this as some sort of "personal victory" for you. Every regular visitor to this site knows about the unstable rants you've been posting here since Carter got killed off.

What you don't seem to realize is that as mentally and emotionally stable people, the rest of us don't revolve our lives around the TV shows that we like. When a show that we like ends, we either find another show to watch, or simply do something else with that hour of our lives.

Like most here, I look forward to watching what should be an awesome final season, and after that we will move on with the rest of our lives. I know "moving on" and having a life outside of television are strange and foreign concepts for you, but if you ever become capable of it, you'll be a much happier person!!!
  • A copy of "Angel" Season finale

3.5
    Do you remember how finished the last episode of Angel? It seemed to me a copy of the same idea. Too bad this fourth season. I did not understand anything of what happened. Sorry for a bad english...
  • shocking!!!

This episode was surprising for me i would love there to be more than 4 season i would like it to continue for at least season 5,6,7,and 8 PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Is this intentional?

Quoted from MIT tech:

"To make the Machine work as well as Fink imagines, HP needs to create memristor memory chips and a new kind of operating system designed to use a single, giant store of
  • A great loss

I cannot believe I am saying this as I have loved this show through the first three seasons and thought it was the best thing on television: I will stop watching it.

This season was not good except a few exceptions, If-Then-Else was even one of the best episodes of all seasons. I had hoped it would remain the same quality again but unfortunately it was not to be. The reason is mainly the negative and depressing tone it has taken on and the lack of humour. Mr Reese seems to have become a side character where he should be centre stage. Root turned our better than I expected and was even the only good thing about the last half of season 4. Samaritan and Greer are not interesting, same as Control. They should have pulled a sack over all three instead of just the one.

I already had my doubt after season 3's cliffhanger as I could not see it going anywhere interesting and I was proven correct. I see even less where they will be going in Season 5.

So I wish the show well but I will not be watching it any further.
  • Root is the root cause of POI's down turn.

The Root character Is ridiculous! She was a good villain but she sucks as a good guy. Also how does she go from being a hacker to a trained killer. She has become the tough guy on the show. John it the hero, everyone else are sidekicks. They need to get back the shows base story. Kill Root and Samaritan off and get Shaw back.
  • Comparing Last to earlier Seasons.

I guess the fascination of my POI was about the characters. You see, while we were learning about the machine and the story on earlier seasons, we were also learning about the characters. Both were intertwined. The introduction of Root, her past, why she wanted to reach machine. Now those characters are mostly settled, there seems to be no exploring. I believe the writers are struggling too. There were some nice stories this season but they really can not go near season 2 at all. Every show eventually reaches a point that the premise is largely lost and the story is so large the cost is FOCUS.
  • Are the machines actually warring?

This season of POI has been a real disappointment. This "war" between the AI's has been a joke. Computers functioning on the level of the Machine and Samaritan would have resolved the conflict in days. If not faster, these things function on the microsecond level, minutes are forever for these things.

One important point that is completely glossed over is the Machine is IN Samaritan. So once the two realized they could not co-exist the Machine should have reset the spin rates on drives, voltage regulators, temperature controls on controls and literally cooked Samaritan. This would have happened so fast by the time any human realized what was going on and thought WTF it would have been over.

Conversely Samaritan has access to massive resources and would have done a brute force search and found and eliminated the Machine.

So this entire season was a colossal waste of time and exercise in plot convenience nothing more. So when this season finishes and if there is no resolution between the AI's conflict I am done with this show.

Sadly this show has the potential to last several more seasons but only if they move on and start advancing the story again. As it stands now it stagnant and beginning to die a slow painful death due to lack of story advancement.

My advice fire the writers and get some who understand how fast AI's would function and resolve the war and move on with new stories. The Machine helping society is way more interesting than this war. Especially when the war is more a phoney war...

Anyhow that is my thoughts on the matter. Cheers
  • the machine has been letting me down

This show has been one of my favorite shows in recent memory. However, this season hasnt been that stellar. Now, while ill admit that im still upset that sarah shahi hasnt been around, they have been faltering. Its my hope that theyre going to put the warring machines back into play soon.
  • Season 4 Bad scheduling

Who decides the gaps between the episodes this season ? It really hurts the show's story telling. I wonder the reason behind this.
  • My Favourite Show Currently Airing

Person Of Interest is the closet you'll get to a fully fledged Batman series on TV that isn't a prequel. Reese, Shaw, Root, Carter, Fusco, Finch, are all wonderful characters and the stories just get more complex as the show goes on, eventually becoming a fully serialized masterpiece by Season 3. The villains/anti-heroes are some of the best on TV - Elias, Greer, and the show can even make you sympathize with them when it needs to (Scarface).

Excellent stuff, and the soundtrack (songs like Nina Simone's Sinnerman, Fever Ray's If I Had a Heart, Johnny Cash's Hurt, Portishead's Roads and Radiohead's Exit Music For A Film) is so, so good. Must watch.
  • listen up people

The actor that plays Shaw had a baby so they needed a way to have her gone for a while. Go read about it before getting all mad about it. She says she might be taking 2 years off because she has twins. It sucks for the show but it happens good luck to her. I do like her in the cast and hope she does come back.
  • Where is Miss Shaw?

Miss Shaw was one of the best characters, if not the best, on the show. She disappeared and needs to return.
  • stand still

the show isn't going anywhere and kinda getting repetitive, im starting to get bored. more elias + machine + Samaritan less dominic.
  • Shaw not dead

Until I see her cold dead body on a porceline slab in the morgue or a bullet in her head would do she better be back. HEAR me writers. Best agent ever. Keeps Root in check too. Get a room already. Look up from your tablets and phones people. The average person in Toronto is filmed or photographed 400 times or more. The bases for the show isn't far from our daily reality.
  • Re: Roots Name

Her actual character's name is Samantha Groves
  • EPISODE: Blunt (Aired 2/24/2015)

This series has become very confusing. With the good machine battling the bad machine, it is hare to keep up with the initial theme of the series. With Shat out of the scene and the crew hiding under ground, the good still get done, but the evil is still there. It is time for the war to end. Time to return to the roots of this series. Lets remove the confusion and get back to fixing the broke people.
  • Best show ever

I just dont know how these guys r doing it but from the season 3 i loved dis show like anythin and enjoyed every single episode and now if this show keeps on goin like dis then dis will be definately in my list of all time gr8 list
  • Roots name

What is the name of the Root?
  • poi is

best tv show i love it

damn to much
  • POI is awesome

many ppl r asking me why i am watching and following POI, i always tell them because it is awesome!!!
  • my husband asked why I like watching person of interest! i said to him DUH! it's a awesome show that U can't fall asleep to until the end! lol

WAS AWESOME I CANT WAIT TO WATCH THE NEXT EP. QUILTY!!
  • Some people don't know what good is...

@kikkapi, sorry you have no idea what good television is. Please go watch Revenge, or something.
  • excellent but....

everything excellent, but the root character is a little forced, extremly forced her "love" to Shaw, ridiculous
  • It is excellent compared to other shows

But of course not really realistic.

In that sense for example @kikkapi has very wrong expectations - about any TV show or movie.

Following the (in majority) correct arguments, @kikkapi cannot watch any TV show or movie - except for documentaries.

Good fiction (science and others) is characterized by the definition of a "strange" precondition, events and rules for the fictional "universe" of the story (even if it is seemingly playing in our well-known world) and then by following this through consequently and - based on the predefined logic - logically.

And all of this is happening here most of the time.

By the way @kikkapi, Reese for example touches his earpiece to reopen his talking communication line or simply to call somebody on the speed dial list. This is similar to the button of wired earphones and of Bluetooth earpieces.

Of course, some things are just funny impossible or out of any realistic way. I, as an informatics/computer science and information theory person can also only cringe when . Harold makes a rare technical statement about programming, algorithms and so forth. That is, I think, also the reason that it is a rare event. They do not seem to have any real informatics scientist as advisor.

Also related to Snowden's "leaks' (which I always said were no surprises for us professionals anywhere in the world - we knew it all along, we also said it, mentioned it in posts like these here, but obviously people thought that I/we were crazy geeks) this show makes some uncomfortable connections to our real-real world. And that also contributes to making it so interesting.

For us geeks - such an artificial intelligence, that can really border on life and independent thoughts is a life-long dream. So is mine.

But rest assured - so far there is no single machine that can process all the information flow that is out there. Not to mention in real-time.

Yes, they can record it all (but that busts every storage facility and data warehouse structure and dimension available in a rather short period of time - so, long term storage of everything in one system is also still impossible, so they need to be very selective what to actually archive), and the machines help them by identifying key words, phrases or names/addresses. But that's about it.

In times where whole airplanes can still disappear without a trace, or where we discover the crashed planes only by good old physical searching conducted by people (computers obviously don't help much), we are still far, far, far, far away from such a scenario as in this TV show.

Not to mention military statements like "we can see, whenever somebody lights a cigarette down there". Yes, hahahaha, they might indeed, but they obviously don't get the information, who this "somebody" is.

So, it all remains relative. In still in the hands of humans.
  • As usual, the writers surprised me

The focus on Control was a great direction to take for this episode. It needed not to be about the Shaw aftermath. A few things I would change, but overall I really enjoyed the new twist.

A far more intelligent show than some of the reviews here would suggest.
  • Seriously?!

Seriously?!

Are people really this dumb? 'An action thriller with substance', 'Realistic', 'fresh', 'Something the people who wrote these reviews watching the same program as me?

I've just watched the first 4 episodes. For anyone with even a smattering of intellect, this is no more than throwaway entertainment, and not even 'decent' throwaway stuff at that.

'Fresh', 'New'? In exactly what way? Just a thinly disguised vigilante plot.

'Realistic'? Ha! This is not fantasy, sci-fi nor remotely futuristic. It is explicitly set in present time by their 9/11 reference. However, the technology used and events that occur are far from realistic. In fact the goings on and constantly serendipitous occurrences in each episode are outright ridiculous. For example:

- All the bad guys keep GPS active on their phones for convenient instant tracking, and none of them think to buy anonymous pay as you go mobiles. - Back door into NSA systems without their knowing? Yeah right - Can listen through any cellphone's microphone, and of course conversations can be heard perfectly even if the phone is in someone's handbag, inside pocket or located in a noisy nightclub.

There is coincidence after coincidence too. Typical example Reese enters bad guy's house. His cell rings immediately: 'FINCH: did you get to that house yet?' God! It's just so contrived. You might forgive one such lucky occurrence per episode, but not this many.

Apart from the 2 main characters, the acting is poor. No better than low rate bit part actors. The terrible script doesn't help matters either.

Let me illustrate how bad it is. This happens in the first 20 mins of so of episode 4:

-Doctor gives paramedic arriving at the ER directions to a department. think these guys will know the hospital well enough already! -Finch switches the doctors pager. WHY?!!! He can apparently track a grain of sand in the dessert, but now he has to switch a pager to track it? -Reese constantly touches his invisible ear piece when talking. Why? Does he talk through his ear?!-Nightclub CCTV camera shot tracks the bad guy before Finch is even aware of him. -Reese steals bad guys wallet by magic -Reese knocks guy out with one punch. They guy has no bruising whatsoever. -Reese is instantly knocked out by being hit on the shoulder with a gun! -Reese take 3 FULL FORCE punches to the face. Broken nose, knocked out teeth, black eyes, blood everywhere? Of course not - just a tiny cut under his eye!

... the list goes on. It's just once silly thing after another.

This is just dumbed-down entertainment for the masses. The format doesn't help. In 45 minutes they have to introduce the episode's characters, establish why they have been chosen, work out how to resolve the situation and do the resolving. This makes it all too rushed and means it will never be anything more than shallow.

I can't argue against people liking this and rating it 8,6 out of10, it is somewhat subjective after all, but to call it original, realistic, and something of substance? These people probably enjoy this along with z-list celebrity reality TV.