Person of Interest

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Person of Interest Fan Reviews (249)

• Shaw not dead

Until I see her cold dead body on a porceline slab in the morgue or a bullet in her head would do she better be back. HEAR me writers. Best agent ever. Keeps Root in check too. Get a room already. Look up from your tablets and phones people. The average person in Toronto is filmed or photographed 400 times or more. The bases for the show isn't far from our daily reality.
  • Re: Roots Name

Her actual character's name is Samantha Groves
  • EPISODE: Blunt (Aired 2/24/2015)

This series has become very confusing. With the good machine battling the bad machine, it is hare to keep up with the initial theme of the series. With Shat out of the scene and the crew hiding under ground, the good still get done, but the evil is still there. It is time for the war to end. Time to return to the roots of this series. Lets remove the confusion and get back to fixing the broke people.
  • Best show ever

I just dont know how these guys r doing it but from the season 3 i loved dis show like anythin and enjoyed every single episode and now if this show keeps on goin like dis then dis will be definately in my list of all time gr8 list
  • Roots name

What is the name of the Root?
  • poi is

best tv show i love it

damn to much
  • POI is awesome

many ppl r asking me why i am watching and following POI, i always tell them because it is awesome!!!
  • my husband asked why I like watching person of interest! i said to him DUH! it's a awesome show that U can't fall asleep to until the end! lol

WAS AWESOME I CANT WAIT TO WATCH THE NEXT EP. QUILTY!!
  • Some people don't know what good is...

@kikkapi, sorry you have no idea what good television is. Please go watch Revenge, or something.
  • excellent but....

everything excellent, but the root character is a little forced, extremly forced her "love" to Shaw, ridiculous
  • It is excellent compared to other shows

But of course not really realistic.

In that sense for example @kikkapi has very wrong expectations - about any TV show or movie.

Following the (in majority) correct arguments, @kikkapi cannot watch any TV show or movie - except for documentaries.

Good fiction (science and others) is characterized by the definition of a "strange" precondition, events and rules for the fictional "universe" of the story (even if it is seemingly playing in our well-known world) and then by following this through consequently and - based on the predefined logic - logically.

And all of this is happening here most of the time.

By the way @kikkapi, Reese for example touches his earpiece to reopen his talking communication line or simply to call somebody on the speed dial list. This is similar to the button of wired earphones and of Bluetooth earpieces.

Of course, some things are just funny impossible or out of any realistic way. I, as an informatics/computer science and information theory person can also only cringe when . Harold makes a rare technical statement about programming, algorithms and so forth. That is, I think, also the reason that it is a rare event. They do not seem to have any real informatics scientist as advisor.

Also related to Snowden's "leaks' (which I always said were no surprises for us professionals anywhere in the world - we knew it all along, we also said it, mentioned it in posts like these here, but obviously people thought that I/we were crazy geeks) this show makes some uncomfortable connections to our real-real world. And that also contributes to making it so interesting.

For us geeks - such an artificial intelligence, that can really border on life and independent thoughts is a life-long dream. So is mine.

But rest assured - so far there is no single machine that can process all the information flow that is out there. Not to mention in real-time.

Yes, they can record it all (but that busts every storage facility and data warehouse structure and dimension available in a rather short period of time - so, long term storage of everything in one system is also still impossible, so they need to be very selective what to actually archive), and the machines help them by identifying key words, phrases or names/addresses. But that's about it.

In times where whole airplanes can still disappear without a trace, or where we discover the crashed planes only by good old physical searching conducted by people (computers obviously don't help much), we are still far, far, far, far away from such a scenario as in this TV show.

Not to mention military statements like "we can see, whenever somebody lights a cigarette down there". Yes, hahahaha, they might indeed, but they obviously don't get the information, who this "somebody" is.

So, it all remains relative. In still in the hands of humans.
  • As usual, the writers surprised me

The focus on Control was a great direction to take for this episode. It needed not to be about the Shaw aftermath. A few things I would change, but overall I really enjoyed the new twist.

A far more intelligent show than some of the reviews here would suggest.
  • Seriously?!

Seriously?!

Are people really this dumb? 'An action thriller with substance', 'Realistic', 'fresh', 'Something the people who wrote these reviews watching the same program as me?

I've just watched the first 4 episodes. For anyone with even a smattering of intellect, this is no more than throwaway entertainment, and not even 'decent' throwaway stuff at that.

'Fresh', 'New'? In exactly what way? Just a thinly disguised vigilante plot.

'Realistic'? Ha! This is not fantasy, sci-fi nor remotely futuristic. It is explicitly set in present time by their 9/11 reference. However, the technology used and events that occur are far from realistic. In fact the goings on and constantly serendipitous occurrences in each episode are outright ridiculous. For example:

- All the bad guys keep GPS active on their phones for convenient instant tracking, and none of them think to buy anonymous pay as you go mobiles. - Back door into NSA systems without their knowing? Yeah right - Can listen through any cellphone's microphone, and of course conversations can be heard perfectly even if the phone is in someone's handbag, inside pocket or located in a noisy nightclub.

There is coincidence after coincidence too. Typical example Reese enters bad guy's house. His cell rings immediately: 'FINCH: did you get to that house yet?' God! It's just so contrived. You might forgive one such lucky occurrence per episode, but not this many.

Apart from the 2 main characters, the acting is poor. No better than low rate bit part actors. The terrible script doesn't help matters either.

Let me illustrate how bad it is. This happens in the first 20 mins of so of episode 4:

-Doctor gives paramedic arriving at the ER directions to a department. think these guys will know the hospital well enough already! -Finch switches the doctors pager. WHY?!!! He can apparently track a grain of sand in the dessert, but now he has to switch a pager to track it? -Reese constantly touches his invisible ear piece when talking. Why? Does he talk through his ear?!-Nightclub CCTV camera shot tracks the bad guy before Finch is even aware of him. -Reese steals bad guys wallet by magic -Reese knocks guy out with one punch. They guy has no bruising whatsoever. -Reese is instantly knocked out by being hit on the shoulder with a gun! -Reese take 3 FULL FORCE punches to the face. Broken nose, knocked out teeth, black eyes, blood everywhere? Of course not - just a tiny cut under his eye!

... the list goes on. It's just once silly thing after another.

This is just dumbed-down entertainment for the masses. The format doesn't help. In 45 minutes they have to introduce the episode's characters, establish why they have been chosen, work out how to resolve the situation and do the resolving. This makes it all too rushed and means it will never be anything more than shallow.

I can't argue against people liking this and rating it 8,6 out of10, it is somewhat subjective after all, but to call it original, realistic, and something of substance? These people probably enjoy this along with z-list celebrity reality TV.

• Less of a drag, more on plot.

I think this show already started to look at the big picture. They stopped focusing on single number cases just to drag the season. I think that's a good approach to intensify the actual plot.

Last episode of Shaw death and to reveal her disturbing love towards Root is a kind of masala to increase the effect. That was sweet distraction in my opinion.
  • lost its way

This show is supposed to be helping those whose numbers come up. Now is this weirdness with root and how talks to the machine and samaritan, etc.

Bring it back to its original premise!
  • Person of Interest

You have talented writers of this program. However the counterspy organization is getting to sound like "Red John" on the mentalist. And that program is on it's last year.

Do all TV writers have a command to insert un-natural sex into programming. Why is it even needed?
  • Can't watch this anymore!

I used to love watching this show with my husband on the weekends. This last one with the weird lesbian scenes just totally blew the whole show for me. It didn't fit in with the story line or the development of who Shaw was in past shows. Computers do not calculate or guess who will be romantically involved. This show is NOT about romance. I find it sickening that the writers thought they had to put something in to pacify the gay agenda. I am so disappointed. Another show bites the dust in my opinion. Thumbs down!
  • What is with this gay theme?

I don't get it, it doesn't even work into the story line, yet they seem to be pushing it for some reason. I have noticed that on a lot of TV shows lately as well, not just POI. I don't mind it so much if is applies in some way, but in this case it makes it seem like there are a bunch of 24 y'o pervert writers throwing their fantasies out for the rest of us to digest.

The latest episode with the attack on the Stock Market was kinda boring. They need to get off this whole Samaritan think and get back to the first couple seasons. The stories they came up with were great and really drew you in.
  • Awesome

This show is like the AI,its evovles in each n every sense,be it the story lines,the actors,d shows till date
  • I vail...

There are some kind of movies and series which directly affect your life and change your world ideology. POI was one of the reasons of why I chose Computer Engineering Department. Thoughts that Finch always utters whenever he talks about AI are same as mine. In my college, whenever professors make a speech about artificial intelligence and how we can embed ethics,manners and emotions in them; I always oppose them with the original words of Harold Finch and little bit my own words. I think they get a little annoyed about this :) Person of Interest is much more than a serie. It is the future. And thanks to Nolan, Michael and other cast, I will focus on artifical intelligence in my career! I hope we'll meet someday great people!

Greetings from Turkey, Istanbul Technical University.

• I may have reviewed this show before but...

I recommend that anyone who hasn't watched this and is considering it to give it a go. Person of Interest in its entirety starts out with that face punching, gut kicking, ex-blackops kind of action you like to see in the movies with the added subtext of helping the little guy and a peppering of skilled acting. After a few seasons, they kind of let up on the action and you're starting to question whether or not Mr. Cavazel might be getting too old to kick some righteous ass (ie. he walks into a bar and guys fly out the window, you don't see how, you just hear the grunts and breaks), but then the show evolves with a new story and fresh ideas so while I feel it hit a lull with a lack of action, it makes up for it by pushing the characters and the story forward. I only hope they continue to find a way to keep the story fresh as I've grown attached to the characters and look forward to one day seeing John Reese roundhouse kick someone in the head.
  • Terrible show

1.5
    Come on guys what happened to the writers from the first two seasons. The 1/6/2015 show was awful. I almost turned it off several times but was hoping it would get better. It didn't! It is so confusing it really makes no sense! Go back to the original premise if you want to keep viewers!
  • Not Liking Samaritan

Milan is right. It's becoming the "Red John" .The show is in a nose dive (Ratings wise and losing needs to find it way back to how it was during the first two years, the show needs to put Samaritan to rest....
  • Love the show, geat cast but

Samaritan is Person of Interest's Red John. Dump it before it kills the show.
  • New plot

A quite good episode for the upcoming ones. It is again the beginning of an end, I like it.

Ok there was not much action in this one, but there will be, as told. The storyline is ones again being build up, soon there will be a qlimax where a main character will be killed of... My guess is Shawn..
  • Still decent

The 1st season was great, but each year has gotten a bit less spectacular as they pull away from the original premise of what the show sold us on.

That being said, when they really get their stuff together for an episode or 2, its still at the top of the game. Carters murder last year, the ep where Scarface gets killed shows that the show can still grab you & keep you tuned in sometimes.

More shocking to me is.... although it took what, 2 years to happen, I don't really hate Shaw anymore. She was insufferable & pointless for the 1st year & a 1/2. Now she at least has either grown on me finally. Still my least favorite character, but at least I don't hate her anymore.
  • Not quite there

I'm a huge POI fan but this particular episode I thought was less well written than many... the possible romance between Shaw and the thief guy was laboured and Root's inquiries and interest a bit heavy handed... there were also a couple of continuity problems... and not enough Reese.

Still enjoyable enough and moved the plot forward.... but not as slick and entertaining as usual. One of POI best qualities is it's 'smarts' and this episode may have been dropped on it's head while being penned ;-)
  • More and more impressed with each episode.

I have seen over 45 shows ,person of interest is SO FUCKING AWESOME.
  • I have tried, really, but not without Carter!!

After 3 or 4 episodes after Taraji Henson left PoI I stopped watching show.

• POI Just Continues to Get Better

And it was great to begin with. continues his fascination with the idea of stories that strain our definition of just who the enemy really is. The dialogue is sharp and never wasted. The stories themselves are complete within themselves, and yet the greater story evolves and traps you into really caring about all these characters, and, yes, Bear too! This is a show that is definitely set in the possible now, but is not afraid to examine the consequences of where we are all heading, into a horrifying future of our own creation. If you're looking for humor, it's here. If you're looking for mystery, it's here. If you're looking for a techno-thriller, it's here. Most of all, Person is a show that involves each one of us. If you've seen all the seasons, and you still don't feel involved, you're not paying attention.