Person of Interest

The Fix

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 27, 2011 on CBS

• Quite arguably the strongest episode yet, on a number of levels.

We're beginning to see bits of humanity peeking through the cracks of the armor that Finch and Reese always wear. These are no longer just cold, detached supermen who happen to be fighting the good fight...these are actual human beings riddled with personal failures, regrets, and guilt that motivate their present-day ideas and actions. Despite their constant habits of suppressing emotions and evading relationships with others, they are slowly bonding as kindred spirits in need of some reconnection. Episode 6 "The Fix" is strong-paced and suspenseful, with a cat-and-mouse plot and intriguing new characters. Of special note are TV/film veterans Dan Hedaya and Brian Murray...excellent actors who sadly are unlikely to play recurring roles. Paige Turcois is well-cast in the lead, and hopefully recurring, "fixer" role in what could be a nod to her similar work on The Agency (although I always associate her with American Gothic,and god-help-me the TMNT sequels). Her mercenary and businesslike performance is almost as good as Jodie Foster's in Inside Man...almost. And her onscreen chemistry with Jim Caviezel is undeniable, walking the line between trust and betrayal (Remington Steele, anyone?). All in all, well done. More of the same, please?

• Another great episode.

This episode gave us, the viewer, a closer look at the mysterious Mr. Reese through his interaction with the 'person of interest' this week. Things with Carter are finally starting to get interesting and I have a feeling that she's really starting to get some substantial leads on the man in the really nice suit. While the show does have some over all show plot I feel that there needs to be something more. Well one can dream.

• The actors are starting to settle in to their characters.

It's nice to see that the actors are starting to feel more comfortable in their roles and are settling in to their characters. Especially welcome is seeing John become a bit more human.

BTW - does anyone know who did the jazzy/lounge version of "New York, New York" near the end? She had a wonderful voice. I'd love to hear the entire song.