Person of Interest

The High Road

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Nov 08, 2012 on CBS

• Married in the Suburbs

I agree with AriSky, and Mike that Zoey is under-utilized and more humor could be gotten from their interaction especially when playing a married couple ! I'd of like to see Reese sweat some from his normal cool demeanor when put to the test as a married man. All in all I enjoyed the episode and look forward to more of Zoey adn Reese.

• Batman and CatWoman play House

The parallels between Batman and this show are just pilling up and I love it. The batman comic book series is a rich source of inspiration and a lot of those stories can be adapted for TV and Nolan is doing a good job of that.

This episode was down right brilliant, the character development within the episode was great and the acting was brilliant. Carter is having a good influence on John, Zoe's reaction the merriage cover was telling, and John and Finch continue to get closer and closer. The POI was very intriguing and offered a great performance to show that he had changed, you couldnt help but root for him in the end.

Finally, the machine was just too cute, setting finch up with a woman; that was just too much, I couldnt help but smile while getting scared the hell out at the same time. As a software engineer, I'm not nearly as comfortable when AI becomes this good, but I love it.
  • Oh no, it's the black cop harassing the white guy in the suit!!!

A great episode! The humor in this series is actually funnier than 90% of the sitcoms out there. This proves how important writing is compared to actors. The interaction between the characters is just as vital as the kneecapping. An interesting development is the Machine as matchmaker. If only eHarmony was this good!
  • 2x06 - The High Road

This was another great episode! It had numerous low-key funny movements, a number who I really felt for and Finch backstory with how he met his future fiancee. While nothing was added to the longer arcs, I didn't even miss it because I was entirely sucked into what was going on with the story.
  • Great and yet missing

I agree with Artsky below so I'm essentially only adding to the comments... I particularly liked the small role by Carter because in that role she acts as a counterbalance to John's guns at dawn approach and also pokes the guys for constantly asking her to put herself/career ask risk for their objectives (tho thaeymatch with hers i.e. getting the bad-guy).

I'd like to see more of Zoe/Reece (she is a strong enough character to hold her own with his)... the machines developing abilities and what is Agent Snow being forced to do by Reeces ex-partner while all this is going on?

Finch having to enter the building and implement a hack is much more believeable than everything being at call from his appartment - stand-alone systems are deliberately developed to avoid distance hacking...
  • Happy Endings

There were a lot of great things about this episode: Finch "working" for Reese, Bear licking the donut John eats, Reese's reaction to a doorbell being to go for his gun, to name a few. It was enjoyable in that regard. There were the moments of the past when you realize the Machine is playing match-maker, which is so sweet, and a little creepy, but it helps cement how involved Finch is with the Machine, what their relationship is.

But then there were the short-comings. Zoe was severely under-utilized. And the tension between her and Reese is so palpable, I don't understand how they couldn't have him react to it. The case itself ended beautifully, but it was so plain around the middle that I hardly remember the details. In the beginning, I could have sworn the daughter had red hair, for example.

What really disappointed me was that there was nothing heavy in this episode. There's a definite pattern that when PoI builds us up to a happy ending, when the case is easy in and out, there's something hard-hitting from the past at the end ("Good night, Nathan" anyone?). But there wasn't here. We didn't really learn anything, either. I think Emerson (and the writers) loses focus when Preston is on the set. I feel like I'm joining the ranks outraged by her playing Finch's fiancee.
  • P.O.I.

Fantastic episode, always a pleasure to see Zoe & Reese work together & pretend to be married in this episode was the icing on the cake for me. I noticed the machine went to 2015,

was that a mistake or can it predict the future, if so 2 possibilities Reese & Zoe or Harold & Grace.? or both. Either way one of my favorite episode's, I Love This Show.

I have to ask this question did anyone see the Machine go from 2006 to 2015 at the beginning, because i just watched it again & mysteriously its not there anymore.?
  • just another episode,,,

,,, but it's still better than almost everything else in TV dramas; cute couple in the Burbs, dog licks donuts, Finch likes vanilla cones, Reese takes out three armed robbers,,,,,, ho hum, just another episode of POI, and it's just perfect.
  • POI meets the Suburbs

A simple episode, but still great. Reese and Zoey with a couple who knows, maybe in the future, in this episode we have a first taste. I noted how good is the machine knows the human behavior and make the connection between people, she suggesting Grace for Finch was such good idea . The case of the week is like would it have been an normal life for John and Jessica or a version of Finch and Grace lifes, the question is: if this could be happen in this past? The answer is no, like the case, the enemies of both return to hunt they.
Prophets