Person of Interest

Triggerman

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 25, 2012 on CBS

• My hands are in this episode!!

The close-up shots of the character "Ochoa", lighting the match in the station and all the way at the end of the episode zipping up the bag of cash, putting the gun in his waist and leaving are my hands!! I just felt the need to share that....
  • Everybody can be saved???

At some point the show is going to have to show somebody who is not redeamable
  • A clever title goes here!

I loved this episode, it was a riff on David/Bathsheba and young lovers on the run. Reese was sympathetic and Finch was still under Stockholm Syndrome, with the R-word, "Bad code." The ending was awesome with Reese confronting the bounty hunter with "I'm not here for the money," and the CHESS game. Epic episode.
  • I love it

Really I'm emiesing
  • 2x04 - Triggerman

I enjoyed this episode. I really liked the female number from the beginning, the actress did a great job. I was rather disappointed by the low amount of screen time for Fusco and Carter, but that's because I really like it when the team works together. I did get a kick out of Finch slipping up and calling the male number bad code because it was a great way to show exactly how much Root had gotten under his skin, messing with him head and how, in the end of the episode, Reese is also helping him with that too just by being himself. Seeing Elias also made me super happy and I look forward to seeing more of him.
  • Bad Code

This episode was a basic case of the week, with a lot of convolution, so it was nice to have that little teaser bit of character development we're accustomed to with the show. The obvious one that we know must come to pass (going out of the library on his own) and the less obvious and more substantial (calling Riley bad code).

Oh man, that was my adrenaline moment of this episode. It was smoothed over at the end in that little bit of banter between Reese and Finch, but damn was it heart-stopping when Finch spit it out. It shows how deeply Root affected him, because until now, he's just had the terrified face on. Even if he was against the situation and claims to be against her, something stuck, whether he likes it or not. Now, I think it was executed a little sloppily, but for what it's saying, I'll take it.

Keep bringing the awesome episodes!
  • Testing the moral waters of Finch and Reese

The strength of this show lies in the relationship of finch and reese, Both these men have been broken by the world and have views that are bound to clash. This episode proved it. Finch was still suffering from Root centric PTSD a little bit and deemed anyone with a history of violence like this weeks POI was "bad code" and thus didn't deserve the benefit of their services. ( to be fair, no one asked:P) But reese, seeing the bigger picture and the similiarity of his own nature to Riley's decided that if a man is willing to forgo everything he knows to save an innocent woman, he's worth saving and when it comes down to it, their job, is to stop anything bad happening whether it be victim or perpetrator so if your "bad guy" is having a change of heart then shouldn't they go along with it? Aside from the thought provoking questions in the further goings on of finch and reese, this episode would have been quite forgettable if it hadn't been for the ten minutes of enrico cantolioni as Elias. The dude is a BAMF and he proves it time and time again. Instead of going around shouting and being kind of a pervy jerk like George Massey, low level irish mob boss, he plays it cool and runs NYC criminal enterprises from his jail cell. You gotta give props to the Enrico C, for playing him with such suave coolness. Even more, the show has proven with their better villains, that they are likeably psychotic. Elias, who initially could have been a revenge seeking one off villain, became this master of disguise who is bored with how flashy the criminal underworld runs things and seeks to change things, kind of like Finch and Reese who notice the government being big and flashy with who they decide to save so they go about saving the everyday joe. all in all a good episode, not for the actually content, that was a 7.5 but the fact that it gave you something to think about which nudges it to an 8.5 for me. Well... more Bear and i would go higher i guess.
  • 2x04 "Triggerman"

Another intense episode that asks questions about morality. Person of Interest is really pulling off a cannot make a mistake season. I wonder if are ever going to watch a bad Person of Interest episode.
  • Person of interest

This is the best action,thriller show of all time. Congratulations!!! Job well done,
  • Person Of Interest.

Another fantastic episode, so George Massey hired Riley to kill Sean, Annie

Delaney's husband. But she doesn't know that the man she fell in love with

after her husband's death Riley is the one who killed him. Interesting storyline

this week, Riley who is a member of the mob changes side's kills Massey's son.

In all reality Riley's plan could never have worked as Carter said you want me

to derail a homicide investigation. But in the end it all goes down Riley & George

shoot each other. So what did Reece take from Riley surely not a letter explaining

that he shot her husband. Annie could never find out the real truth about Riley or did

she already know...?
  • Again a great episode

Great episode. Acting was great, liked the comparison between Riley and Reese. Also, we now know Root had some kind of influence on Finch.

Elias was back, which was also great. And indeed that last scene between them was cool and they didn't even talk. Didn't expect Reese to find the hitman after that. And again the writers let us decide what we think Reese did to him. It was cool to see the fear in the hitmans eyes.

I also liked the girl. Especially in the scene where she spoke bad to George. And the part before, when she talked to Reese about taking her job. This show has a strange taste of humor. But it is always done right.

To Dec1964, the "letter" Reese took, was not a letter, it was the trainticket for the girl. She probably understood what Riley had done too. But decided to forgive him I think.

Again, a great episode. I'm really looking forward to next week, like any other week. But now even more because of the return of Zoe, I really like the chemistry between her and Reese
  • A clever title goes here!

This is another entertaining episode. Apart from the nice scenes that were already mentioned, I have to add 2 others that I think worth mentioning: Finch played with Bear in the beginning and he was rubbing his face with his bare hands. No more picking up the tennis ball with protection to avoid germs.

Secondly, when Finch visited Elias in the prison, Elias told the 2 prison guards:* you two can go now" and Finch looked at him in an unbelievable way.

The acting is flawless. Can't wait for another week.
  • Cleverly putting more Chess pieces on the board--oh, and the POI-of-the-week was nicely done, too!

If I were Detective Szymanski (assuming he's not dirty, of course--he does make an offhand comment early in this episode that makes you go hmm), I'd start to get a complex around Joss Carter. Every time he works a case with her, it gets derailed because of Carter's connection with Reese. Yes, folks, Mike McGlone's contract got renewed, which will satisfy all of his method-acting fans out there. Szymanski survived the end of "Baby Blue" from season one, and will likely have more botched cases anytime that the Bat-family--er, the Finch-Reese-Carter-Fusco co-op--gets a POI that happens to be on his radar as well. Whether he'll ever actually get his own collar, at least he's engaging to watch, and provides a nice alternate to FBI Agent Donnelly (who, unlike Szymanski, at least didn't leave season one empty-handed, courtesy of Fusco's anonymous email at the end of "Firewall").

The POI story was nicely done as well. Granted, it was similar to some prior ones in many ways, but I don't believe this is accidental or repetitive, as it teases you into the fun guess-the-ending debate, whether with others in your home, or even just with yourself. As usual in episodes like this, it also throws in a couple of new twists that add to the entertainment. Nothing earth-shaking, mind you, but faithful viewers will still get their "cookies" as always.

This episode continues the evenly-paced work of last week's "Masquerade" by taking the time to set up the season in the aftermath of the major events of the finale-premiere story arc. Nolan & company are allowing the foursome to find their footing and reestablish the rapport that makes this show so addictive, while sagely and cleverly reintroducing the recurring players a few at a time. Last week it was Stanton and Snow, this week it's Szymanski and Elias. Next up: Zoe, Donnelly, and Simmons (which will hopefully answer that nagging leftover question: "Hey, Fusco, did ya forget someone's name in that anonymous email? Seriously!"). Just like casually, deliberately putting each chess piece in place on a board.

And, like last week, they also didn't fall into the trap that so many other shows do--of acting like the ratings-boosting finale-premiere events never happened. Root's never mentioned by name, but still serves as Finch's foil in a very real sense.

Speaking of foils, the foil-crossover between Finch and Elias was to die for, both the banter and the "cookie" when Elias unknowingly or knowingly quotes someone else. And that last scene between them was awesome. (Did you notice it was all facial acting--no lines? Masterful stuff. The restraint level in POI is pure genius.)

Two episodes in a row without flashbacks--makes you wonder what's coming ... :)

• One of My Favorites Yet

I like the episode, more because the mob plot and of course the return of Elias. The action scenes still nice to see, but the question is: "It's possible cold killer be a good person?" I think yes, but this means a change, this means, face death and this episode show us how the things work when bad guys try to turn in good guys. Reese make the right choice try to protect both victims.

P.S: Thank god Reese have a vest.
  • depressing

...and I hate being depressed...

POI episodes always made me feel good after watching them, I'm sad to say this was different. I've seen in our poi this week a younger version of Reese (fresh out of the killing business) who found redemption and a new purpose in life through love yet it was short lived. the way he died was stupid and clich (even though i was hoping till the last moment that Reese will be back in time to save him).

What worried me more was Finch's reaction to this whole mess... he was completely against helping a killer and even called him a "bad code" just as Root would have done. He went back on his words in the end but i fear Root managed to affect, change something in him and until we know what and to what extent, I'm seeing Finch as a wild card again.

Carter and Fusco did their job right, i mean, the writers managed to find each of them something to do, but I'm a little worried about Carter...she starts to trust Reese too much, and it might cost her latter on. Lately she's been letting him do all sorts of illegal things (and she might have done a couple of those too in order to help him) , and overall it feels like he is more of a bad influence on her than she is a good influence on him.

And... i miss the flashbacks

• We all can be saved...

POI keeps on delivering weeks after weeks from every angle. This one touched on the question "is every number the machine gives deserve to be saved/protected?. Since it is a machine, it may not understand some humans "codes". Morality , redemption, etc. This week's POI Riley was a mob enforcer who was tasked by his boss to kill a lady who is also a widow of the former employee of the mob that the head had Riley kill "months" before. The twist was the Riley and widow had fallen in love in "months" after he killed her husband, and the widow didnt know. Incidentally, the mob boss knows about the romance and wanted his son to kill Riley.Riley instead, killed the son, and had to escape the city with the widow (Annie) thus both becomes in danger and on the run from the mob.

Now the fun part, the machine gave out the number of Riley, a killer, to use Root's word, Bad code, Finch say at the beginning that Reese should protect Annie since Riley is a killer, a bad code (flawed in design). Reese reminded Finch that there isnt much difference between Reese and Riley, they are both killers.You can argue that the machine gave out Riley's number coz Riley was protecting an innocent and he needed the protection, but i would like to believe the machine gave out Riley's number because he was WORTH SAVING. He may be a killer but he was a killer that had found a reason to be better, a reason to change and do good. As Reese said in the pilot episode "When you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different, someone better. When that person is taken from you, what do you become then?". For Reese that person was Jessica and tha why he understood Riley, because Annie the widow was Riley's Jessica. Riley knew Annie had to be saved and get out of the city but he was a better person enough to understand, if he runs with her, Annie will always be in danger. He was willing to let her go. Just like Reese was for Jessica. Annie was saved, Riley died and Reese in the end made "someone" accountable for Riley's murder. Reese drawing parallels to himself knew Riley was WORTH to get justice for.

As Finch stated in the end, Bad code only apply to machines!we are humans "we have the ability to change, to evolve" to be someone better.

CBS