Person to Person Forums

CBS (ended 1961)

The Complete Person to Person Series

AprilFox

[1]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 109

Welcome to the Person to Person TV series guide. I worked on this guide from scratch going thru old tvguides, magazines, newspapers and with the help of my good friend TomAlger. I hope you enjoy this trip down memory lane and come to know Edward R. Murrow the innovative journalist who pioneered celebrity interviews a television first with his Person to Person series. Several episodes are now available to be viewed online and you can even purchase a dvd of the show. Some of the names he interviewed are Marlon Brando, Marilyn Monroe, Senator John F. Kennedy, Harry S. Truman, Elizabeth Taylor, Groucho Marx, Sammy Davis Jr, Frank Sinatra, Leopold Stokowski, Gloria Swanson, Rex Harrison, Deborah Kerr, Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Bing Crosby, Tony Curtis, Janet Leigh, Kirk Douglas just to name a few. Murrow's style and indepth approach were respected by all. In 1959 Murrow withdrew to head another series and was replaced by friend and colleague Charles Collingwood. The series concluded on September 8, 1961. I hope you enjoy looking thru the guide and any added info would be greatly appreciated.

Edward R. Murrow

Person to Person tv series

Murrow and Monroe

Edited on 08/15/2009 7:40am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.