Persons Unknown Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Is this show doomed? - moving to Saturdays

NinjaTurtleFan

[1]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 5

When they start moving shows from a Monday toa Saturday, I get quite worried about whether or not they are going to keep the show. When they do stuff like this, I think the show might be gone. I hope it doesn't leave. It's the best show of the summer for me, maybe even the best show of the whole year for me. They are cancelling all the other shows I liked too (on different channels but still) like Past Life, and Happy Town. If they cancel it, it's one thing, but not showing all the episodes online is terrible. I just want more, and I want as much as they have made. I think for Past Life, they aren't showing anymore even though they made more to show on tv.

Edited on 07/08/2010 4:37am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sugar2U

[2]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 9
    I think it is a 13 episodes show... so if you like the show you will look for it.. I sort of like the show.. at least it is NOT a 'reality' show so I will watch it...

puredieselbc

[3]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 3

NinjaTurtleFan, Persons Unknown is a 13 episode mini-series made originally for cable. Due to low ratings, NBC is moving it to Saturdays in order to play out the remaining episodes. CBS did the same last year for Harper's Island and that's more than ABC ever gave Happy Town. After ep#13 it's DONE. IMO that's how most serialize genre shows should be produced. Get in/get out. No filler eps or overstay their welcome like Heroes. Best way all around.

When alls said and done, it'll probaby be the best show of the year for me too. Execellent series.

danharr

[4]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 45

Yea it's just a mini-series it doesn't matter where they put it it'll be over soon anyway.

antdude

[5]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 27
    I guess the show isn't getting good ratings on Monday nights' 10 PM and 8 PM hours to be pushed to Saturday nights. Did all thirteen episodes get filmed?

KingofIPirates

[6]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 32
    danharr wrote:

Yea it's just a mini-series it doesn't matter where they put it it'll be over soon anyway.

Indeed, it's not like a complete series where it's more reliant on ratings to be picked up the following season.

QE-Zodak

[7]Jul 7, 2010
    • level: 16

NinjaTurtleFan wrote:

It's the best show of the summer for me, maybe even the best show of the whole year for me.

please tell me you are kidding. the whole year??

puredieselbc

[8]Jul 7, 2010
    Okay QE-Zodak, award-winning genuis tv writer, producer, director and all around oracle of television, enlighten us oh holy one what BROADcast network show do you consider the best? I await your answer...

NinjaTurtleFan

[9]Jul 9, 2010
    • level: 5

Yes, I understand it's short to begin with (13 episodes), but they only aired FIVE episodes yet, and are moving it to Saturdays. I'm kind of worried that they won't air them all.

tjaman

[10]Jul 12, 2010
    I'll watch it whenever they air it. NBC did run everything they had of "Kings" and that had low ratings as well, so I hope they do run all of "Persons Unknown."

Knightshade03

[11]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 13

Nowadays a move to Saturday is not a good sign; we're not back in the days of Love Boat and Fantasy Island. However, I do have to agree with what others have said, it's a miniseries so chances are they're putting it there to let it finish it's run and using the Monday slot for something that can generate higher ratings. On a bright note, at least they're going to let it air. I have Tivo so I don't care what day it's on. Maybe I'll watch it the Monday after just of old time sakes.

tony382

[12]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 6
    I just checked my DVR and was wondering why it was on tonight. This is ridiculous, like NBC has anything better to air? To me it's the worst network, the CW has better shows than NBC. They finally air a good show and they move it to Saturday nights?

sremnes

[13]Jul 19, 2010
    • level: 18

Its much better to just wait and see if it gets finnished properly before watching it. I have all the episodes downloaded, but will only watch it if it has a proper ending.

antdude

[14]Jul 24, 2010
    tony382 wrote:
    I just checked my DVR and was wondering why it was on tonight. This is ridiculous, like NBC has anything better to air? To me it's the worst network, the CW has better shows than NBC. They finally air a good show and they move it to Saturday nights?
    It's about ratings and money.

gothceltgirl

[15]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 13

Also when I look it up on here, it says that the next episode is set to air on Sat 8/21, but my lineup on my cable guidehas pre-season Football on all throughout the primetime slot that night. And no other mention of its airing at all. Very irritated by this! This happened with another show. The scheduled air date simply never happened for me. So unfair. YellI'm sure I'll simply watch online, but its very irresponsible of them. I love this show. And I love Joe!

stinger2001

[16]Aug 17, 2010
    NBC is cutting its "Persons Unknown" run short by one episode.

Said installment, "Seven Sacrifices," however will turn up online, a network spokesperson has confirmed to the site exclusively.

"Persons Unknown" returns next Saturday, August 21 at 8:00/7:00c with its 10th episode ("Identity"). That week, episode 11 (the aforementioned "Seven Sacrifices") will make its online debut before the show signs off with its two-hour finale ("And Then There Was One"; "Shadows in the Cave") on Saturday, August 28 starting at 8:00/7:00c.

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/persons-unknown-to-wrap-early.html#ixzz0wsxdRKdX

haldrey

[17]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 22
    Next Saturday 21 what I have in schedule is a football game. Please do not tell me that they are going to cut the show without a proper ending.

antdude

[18]Aug 21, 2010
    stinger2001 wrote:
    NBC is cutting its "Persons Unknown" run short by one episode.

Said installment, "Seven Sacrifices," however will turn up online, a network spokesperson has confirmed to the site exclusively.

"Persons Unknown" returns next Saturday, August 21 at 8:00/7:00c with its 10th episode ("Identity"). That week, episode 11 (the aforementioned "Seven Sacrifices") will make its online debut before the show signs off with its two-hour finale ("And Then There Was One"; "Shadows in the Cave") on Saturday, August 28 starting at 8:00/7:00c.

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/persons-unknown-to-wrap-early.html#ixzz0wsxdRKdX
    Ugh, how lame! Why skip last week then, NBC? Geez. When is the episode #11 supposed to be posted then?
    Edited on 08/21/2010 9:59pm

tjaman

[19]Aug 30, 2010
    NBC seemed to suggest the show might come back next summer. tv.com says it's ended. Comment?

KingofIPirates

[20]Aug 31, 2010
    Where was this suggested? They said the show was only going to last 13 episodes.