Pet Alien

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Pet Alien Fan Reviews (23)

4.7
  • Good thing this atrocity has ended.

It's really bad that it made me agitated for hours.

Plot: An alien crashed through his house. He's treating them as pets. They make bad annoying stuff around, and that's all.

Characters: Annoying, a little poor designed. most of them are source of annoyance for me. They also copied some designs from Jimmy Neutron.

Humor: This is the one that gives the irritating plague, they suck that I can't even understand them.

Art: They stole some designs from Jimmy Neutron. That doesn't qualify as a good character art.

Overall: 0.0, this show irritated and dragged me. I did scratch my wounds a lot when watching this. Really annoys me. Worst as Fanboy and Chum Chum, except I'm aware from receiving that kind of outburst again that I evaded from that show.

• I can't even remember this show. What was it about again?

That's how bad it was. On my birthday in 2005, this show ended and--I couldn't remember any of it. Not that I wanted to, but it was lame from the start and possibly the first (next to Butt Ugly Martians, which wasn't half bad) show to skyrocket the ripoff Alien-crashland story phase again. I barely can remember it, so I have nothing to back up this review, but please, don't criticize me for it...I have a short memory span when it comes to remembering things...

"I'm afraid I can't put it more clearly," Alice replied, very politely, "for I can't understand it myself, to begin with; and being so many different sizes in a day is very confusing."

-Alice in Wonderland
  • Send these aliens back to space

CN's Pet Alien is basically the equivalent of Nickelodeon's Butt Ugly Martians, and you know that is not a good thing at all. In Pet Alien it is about a boy named Tommy, who one day finds a group of aliens and make them his pets. They all live in this lighthouse and have adventures involving other space aliens and the aliens having to get used to Earth life. So not only is the premise somewhat like BUM, it has to also be very generic in every way. The characters on this show are flatter than a piece of paper. Tommy comes off as very annoying. The aliens themselves are the worst and have uninspired personalities to them. One is a troublemaker, another is smart, one is always hungry, there is one who is always hyper, and a dog like alien. Even the villains and side characters in this show are bland and have no personalities to them. The villain is a disgrace and not threatening in the least bit. His greatest weakness is Musical Chairs of all things. I wish I was making this up. The cartoon is another CGI cartoon, and while I have seen worst, it still looks awful. The characters have terrible designs, the sets are uninteresting and are way too colorful, and the animation for the CGI is very stiff. The plots are weak, but some of them are OK and are passable, but at least there is some creativity to them even if there was very little to them. The humor in this show is wretched. They try to do gags or jokes that come off awkward and are really stupid, and I never smirked or even had a funny thought when I saw this show. I can gladly say the only good thing in this show was that it lasted only 38 episodes before getting the ax. If you want a show about an alien invading Earth and dealing with Earth, go see Invader Zim instead.
  • Pet Alien is Easily one of the worst cartoons ever made on Cartoon network and it's failed miserably by a Poor animation company, TAFFY Entertainment. This cartoon Sucks... Badly!!

My 79th review after an AWFUL Spin-off of a Girl's toyline, Bratz.

This cartoon is such a Disgrace to CGI Animation. It's about some stupid 13 year old boy that has misadventures with a Bunch of Brainless Alien Characters. I nearly therw up all over my TV like 5 times and it has Terrible CGI Animation. The Quatily is so bad it's like you're watching a Horrible cartoon from the 1990's!!!! Another reason why this cartoon sucks is because none of the idiots are funny! Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob Squarepants and Donkey Kong Country have Funny Idiots! I don't give a *beep* what any says that they like this show. Pet Alien Sucks! This cartoon can kiss my Hairy Butt! This cartoon Does not Deserve another season. It should Permanently Be off the air and put it on other Unpopular channels and blocks like Spike TV, Discovery Kids, Nick Jr, or even Tickle U! We are not watching this Alien Garbage! It smells 10 times worse then a Goat's Rear! This show gets an E-. Here the Results:

Voice-acting: C+ 6.5/10.0 Average and Solid Voice-acting. There's one good thing about this cartoon.

Animation: F-- 1.5/10.0 The true reason why this CGI cartoon failed. It was terribly drawn with Ugly Characters, Hideous Backgrounds, Horrible Textures and Layers and Abysmal Layouts!

Graphics: F-- 1.5/10.0 The Graphics are in Terrible Quatily and in a Very Dark theme. It's like you're watching a Horrible 1990's CGI Cartoon!!!

Sound: F- 2.2/10.0 Horrible Accrodan Music with Ugly Sound effect. Accrodan's Make the worse music EVER!!! Dialouge: E+ 3.0/10.0 Ugly, Annoying, Repetitive, and Horribly Written.

Lasting Appeal: F-- 1.0/10.0 Umm... Hang on I'm still working on the Answer.... I got it now! Well... No. There is none.

Overall: E- 3.0/10.0 One of the Worst cartoons I ever seen in my Life. These people that worked for TAFFY Entertainment and made the show must have been Out of their minds! Come on now. Even Nelvana can do so much better then this. Nelvana must teach TAFFY Entertainment how to do BETTER CGI Animations with better Textures, Layers and Layouts. Nelvana can do better with Computer Animation so try again TAFFY Entertainment.
  • A boy and his alien.

1.8
    It's about a kid named Tommy who meets these aliens and they become good friends. The writing sucks and the voices don't even match the characters and the CGI animation is ugly and the jokes are annoying I saw one episode and I didn't want to watch TV. This show is Lilo and Stitch meets Invader Zim in a bad way i'm supprised people like this. So I rate this a 1.8 out of 10 because this show makes Atomic Betty look more enjoyable which was another bad Science fiction animated series take them to Sci-Fi with Tripping The Rift which is canceled as well.
  • Aliens crash land in a lighthouse in in Despray Bay,and meet a young teenage boy named tommy,a normal kid who likes to hang out and has it easy going.They meen well,but usualy get tommy into truble,to tommy's annoyance.

Why does everybody hate this show,its not bad,most people just hate it just to have something to say,but never watch it.Its a great show,and its original.Here are my reasons,

Setting:in a lighthouse,in a bay,in a nice town,i live where there is alot of ocean towns,so i am familure with the setting.Every show i like has its own unique setting and location.Geez,wish i lived in a lighthouse all to myself,in a bay,in a convenient town,thats my dream home.

Characters:Every good show has good characters,crazy aliens from a conformist galaxy,and a kid who lives in a lighthouse,ALL to himself!

Originality,Uniqueness,Creativity:Pretty original if you ask me,non-conformist aliens from a conformist galaxy, a KID who has a whole lighthouse TO HIMSELF!who ever heard of that?A parot alien,a dog alien a strong alien who is afraid of everything.

I rest my case.
  • pet alien sux.

0.0
    I hate this show a lot.it's just a plain discrace to cartoon network like why would they want to air a show about a kid with a pet alien i just doesn't make any sense.The humor sucks the voices are poor and this show doesn't deserve to get on weekday schedule.I don't really have anything else to say except this show scuks.
  • Officially the worst cartoon ever aired on TV!

Why did Cartoon Network agree to air this crap?!

Do they think that all kids will enjoy anything that's animated?!

The idiots in other shows are funny, but the idiots in this show are just annoying!

They can't tell that those things are aliens, even though they aren't wearing disguises!

Things that don't make any sense (Like that time Swanky somehow made it into the box even though he was nowhere near it) are funny in SpongeBob SquarePants, but not in this!

I hope the people who made this never work in television again!

The only reason I'm giving it 1 instead of 0 is because this retarded site has a bug that's stopping me giving shows a rating lower than 1!
  • Pet Alien Sucks!

2.6
    What the hell is this?!!? This is the most boring, stupidest and the worst show of all time in CN.In every single episode nearly shock me because it is horrific. I hate this show. Remember this folks, when I said I hate this show, I HATE THIS SHOW!!!! Good Bye Everyone!!
  • This show invaded Cartoon Network but failed to. Pet Alien is a seriously crappy show and should of never been thought of.

So anyways, this show has one of the most horrible ideas ever. "Hey look! It's a whole bunch of creatures and we don't know what they are so we'll take them as pets!" and such ... the whole plots lame and shows like Invader Zim make this show look like pre-kinder garbage ... I was happy that this show got canned and canned good. I never want to see this show on Cartoon Network ever again and if I do, I will shoot myself so hard ... this show's seriously messed up. That's final, and I'd rather watch Barney instead of this trash. That's all.
  • Not my personal favourite. In fact, it's one you'd love to hate.

2.2
    My brother is addicted to PET ALIEN, and so I have to watch it with him when he comes home from school. When it first came on, I thought it sounded like a good idea. But then I realised that it seriously needed very fine tuning.

The storylines I've no complaint about, but I've always been weary about computer animation, being a fan of the old school. As such, I think that cartoons ought to have at least some decorum and some sense of accuracy in their drawings. Unfortunately, all the humans have heads so big that they would make Gerry Anderson puppets look like ordinary humans.

What I can't stand in the least, though, are the characters in general. The voice actors did their best, I'm sure, but characters like bratty b**** Melba Manners and the quarterback with the annoying catchphrase of "Ah ha ha" will forever stand out as some of the worst cartoon characters in animation history.
  • Nice show, but not nice enough

6.6
    "Pet alien" is a show about a young boy named Tomy who has five aliens (Dinko, Swanky, Gumpers, Scruffy and Flip) as pets. Tomy tries to teach the aliens how to act on Earth and communicate with other humans. That's about everything that happens on the show.
    Some of the jokes used on the show aren't bad, but they make you laugh for about five seconds and afterwards the show becomes even more boring then it was.
    The first season was better than the second, and by the looks of it there won't be a third season, which I don't know if it's a good or bad thing; you decide.
  • You think it's bad but Pet Alien is the best! I love it!^^

At the beggining I tought it was a bad show, but my brother said I must watch it and now...This is my second personal favorite show! lol I love it, I watch it!^^(Thanks brother) This is the funniest cartoon, and if you think there is a bad cartoon is because you never watched it at all! You must watch the show first and after you can review!Granville is very cute :)
  • It's very generic and not interesting at all to watch.

0.1
    I can't watch stuff like this. They do things that are repetitive and they make it tedious. They rip off our old favorite cartoons.

There are characters to hate. That obnoxious kid with problems of his own (Think Timmy Turner or that Johnny Test guy). That short, green alien who is nuts and annoying. And... some other characters, I don't know.
    The animation is bleh, it looks like a videogame from Playstation 1 or Nintendo 64.
    If you like lighthouses (If you're an old man who lives by the sea and has nothing going for him) and crazy aliens and guys named Tommy (Well... there are people who like Tom Cruise), this is the show for you?
    Cartoon Network looked like they didn't give a rat's ass when they picked Pet Alien up. They were probably desperate to put something in that Sunday morning time slot.
  • Anyone who hates this should watch better cartoons. No, really. They should. They haven't watched it. They think this is bad as Robot Jones.

I love Pet Alien. And I was so sad when I saw how much it was hated. :cry:

Pet Alien isone of the few cartoons which is in 3-D. It's cool. It's got halirious episodes. Especially 'The Day the Food Expired' 'Unleased Beast of Fury' and 'The Time Time Ended'.

And the characters are great. Dinko's halirious, Flip is so good he made me watch the show, Gumpers makes me smile, Scruuffy is so cute and Swanky is just funny. He is annoying at times but he has his moments.

So why does everyone hate this? Believe e, if you hate this I believe you haven't watched 2 minutes of this.
  • this is a decent show.some times it is a little weird.

It is ok i guess.sometimes i think it's sort of dumb.it is better than some of the other shows on tv.like bo-bo-bo,and fairly odd parents.those shows are a complete waste of time.i'm just saying that it is better than some shows and it is not as good as some shows.
  • Season 1: lol Season 2: Bore

6.9
    It was good in is first season but they got a bit cocky by they're 2nd season.
    Anyone agrre that the new eps suck? THe first ones were good and the animation is good (very good.) Thats why I don't give this someting like 2.0 of infect 0.0! Because it is past it's prime.
  • Pet Alien is the worst cartoon ever along with What ever Happened to Robot Jones, Atomic Betty , Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and Ren and Stimpy.

0.0
    This show dosen't make sense at all. I has bad jokes. Bad Animation and the worst idea for a cartoon. The animation looks SO old. COME ON it looks like a show from the 90s. And the show is called Pet Alien. But there is are more than one alien! And the characters are most stupitest things ever created. This show needs to get canceled NOW!! No matter how new it is. I saw all the reviews for this show and there is never a good one. Meaning that everyone in this planet hates this show. The way Tommy screams is really annoying. And Dinko is just plain stupid. I want this show to get cancelled now or else(talking to creator of the show).
  • A disgrace to CN.

0.5
    Im sorry Pet Alien lovers, but if this is what I think of the show.

Pet Alien is one of CN's few shows to use 3D graphics. Now, the animation is really poor and I can't really make out what is going on.

Tommy is the smartest person in the show because no one else cares that there are ugly creatures on Earth! And as for the orange-haired girl, she looks alot like Mindy (Billy and Mandy). But she looks uglier.

The aliens are unoriginal, the leader, the sly one, the bird-like thing, the big dumb one, er i mean COME ON! This is all stolen from other cartoons.

I cant believe all the voices are wasting their time doing voicing for this show.

ANd again, im sorry Pet Alien lovers.
  • Ow... comon, find something better.

0.5
    First of all, 50% of red grade, i thoght that would be more then 99%. . .

I really dont know how someone can lose his precisous time, watching and making this kind of show, it's a non sense show, everyone see this at propagandas. . . comon, find something better, close tv, change the channel i dont know, but your life is better then this show.

Everyone who want to try watch it, prepare to erase your mind, you wont like to think that you lost time watching this. . .
  • i hate this show how did it even get on the air that is a question i MUST know

0.0
    i hate the fact that stupid new shows like these
    are steling cn's line ups and great cartoons are getting canceled every day like ppg,courage the cowardly dog,dexters lab,johny bravo and more so please cn cancell this show can't u see no one likes it and bring back the great cartoons
  • Ugh, who's the idiot who green-lighted this piece of crud?

I always try to give new shows that appear on channels a chance. In other words, I watch the first episode and see what I think. Usually I like it (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go! being a prime example), but this time, I hated it. It lacked any sort of humor. The CGI doesen't work well. It would have been at least a tiny bit funnier if it was hand drawn instead of Computer animation. It would actually have soul! The characters aren't really original. There's the big dumb one, the evil mastermind, the crazy lunatic bird thing...... yawn. Come on people, get rid of this piece of Bantha Poodoo and put something decent in its place!
  • I hate this cartoon more than any other cartoon on TV! My biggest problem with this show is how none of the idiots are funny. The Fairly OddParents, Invader Zim, The Simpsons and many other shows have really funny idiots! Pet

0.0
    I hate this cartoon more than any other cartoon on TV!

My biggest problem with this show is how none of the idiots are funny.

The Fairly OddParents, Invader Zim, The Simpsons and many other shows have really funny idiots! Pet Alien's writers suck!

The idiots in Pet Alien are too stupid. The aliens never bother to wear disguises and people still can't tell that they're aliens.

Tommy is the smartest human in the show, but he still thinks Granville is Norwegian when he's obviously English!

I also hate how some of the endings make no sense.