Petshop of Horrors Forums

Tokyo Broadcasting System (ended 1999)

The Official Pet Shop of Horrors Forum Rules and Submission Guidelines

AriSky

[1]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 36

The Official Pet Shop of Horrors Forum Rules and Submission Guidelines

Forum Rules

I. Follow the Terms of Service (or ToS). Violating the ToS can lead to topics being locked or deleted, posts being deleted, being suspended, or permanent banning. Creating new accounts to bypass a ban is a ToS violation. For clarification on any of these rules, you can refer to the TV.com Community Terms of Service at any time.

II. Certain types of topics will not be allowed. These include, but are not limited to: website advertisements, topics aimed at a certain person (use the PM system instead), threads that discuss anywhere to download shows, music, or anything else that's illegal, and threads intending to annoy and/or offend other users.

III. Flaming, insulting, or bashing other users is not allowed. Also, if someone flames you, report it using the "Report Abuse to Moderator" option. Do not flame them back, as you will also be in violation of the ToS.

IV. No discussion of illegal activities (downloading shows for instance). This is not only illegal, but also a ToS violation.

V. Do not bump threads over six months old without good reason, it is considered to be disruptive posting.

VI. As per the TV.com rules, only up to four game threads are allowed to be open at a time on a show forum. If a fifth thread is created, it will be locked. You can PM me to discuss which game threads to keep open and which ones to lock. You can also ask a mod to move the game thread to the TV Show Fun & Games board if you want.

Submission Guidelines

What is Trivia?
    --Something that happens on-screen. You can see it when you watch the show, like a little detail that you might not notice when watching for the first time.

--It's not obvious if you don't watch closely. If it's really obvious, it's not good trivia.

--A goof. Something that you think is a mistake in the show.

What is a Note?
    --Something that happens off-screen, like the music that is played, something about the writer or production, when it was aired, etc.

--If you can see it when you watch the show, it's not a note, it's trivia.

What is an allusion?
    Something that refers to another show, movie, book, or a cultural reference.

"This thing comes from some Japanese folk tale, etc."

What is a recap?
    --A recap has the entire plot, it tells you everything that happened in that episode.

--It has spoilers. (If you see plot spoilers in a summary, it's a recap in disguise and you can rewrite the summary and submit the one with spoilers, but only if there is no recap for that episode).

--It's written in your own words.
    You are NOT allowed to take (copy and paste) a recap from another website. That is called plagiarism, and is frowned upon. Please also refrain from using a thesaurus to reword existing works, as it's easy to replace words without fully knowing their meaning or connotation.

--It should have good spelling. Use spellcheck or write it in Microsoft Word and paste it into the box. I'll fix minor mistakes, but if there are too many, I will send it back.

--Recaps should be detailed and thorough. They should be 500 or more words long.

What goes in a summary?
    --No plot spoilers. If it's in the preview in the previous episode, it's okay.

--It's usually short and a teaser and doesn't give away too much of the plot.

--It's written in your own words.
    You are NOT allowed to take (copy and paste) a summary from another website. That is called plagiarism, and is frowned upon. Please also refrain from using a thesaurus to reword existing works, as it's easy to replace words without fully knowing their meaning or connotation.

--It should have good spelling. Use spellcheck or write it in Microsoft Word and paste it into the box. I'll fix minor mistakes, but if there are too many, I will send it back.

Other info
    -- If you see a plagiarized summary or recap, you can rewrite it (be sure to mention in the comment section that the summary and/or recap is plagiarized, and that you have rewritten it).

-- Be sure to mention what you are adding or changing in the comments section of your submission.

-- I prefer quotes to be exact, don't try to write one based on memory, watch the episode and write down the quote. They should also be from the English version, if possible. If you find quotes that don't match that criteria, you can correct them.

--As said in the what is a recap section above, recaps should be long, detailed and thorough. Recaps will be at least 500 words. If you see a short recap, you can add more information to it.

What makes a good quote?
    --It should be interesting
    This is an example of a bad quote:

Count D: My dear detective.
    Leon: Stop calling me that.

--It shouldn't be a whole scene. It should be short. It could even be one line long, but probably shouldn't be more than six lines.

--It needs to have the correct format and spelling, or I will return it to you to fix and resubmit. See the official format below:

DIRECTIONS FOR SUBMITTING QUOTES (see below):

Quotes are specific dialogue between characters. Quotes submitted should always be specific to the episode, not the show, and should be formatted as follows:

Brooke: So that's the boy that beat Nathan?
    (Peyton nods)
    Brooke: Well, he's good from behind.

Here is the html:

< b>Brooke< /b>: So that's the boy that beat Nathan?
    < i>(Peyton nods)< /i>
    < b>Brooke< /b>: Well, he's good from behind.

Note: Some browsers don't display the html above properly, if your browser shows letter like "gt" instead of ">", then click on this link.

Please do NOT use any quotation marks.

Please do not use [ or ] tags.

Please put html tags for italics around any "action" (as shown above), using < i> and < /i>tags.

Please put the colon OUTSIDE of the < b> html tags.

WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO RESUBMIT YOUR REJECTED SUBMISSIONS USING THE CORRECT FORMAT ABOVE, THANKS.

Wonder who actually read all of that... Well if you have any questions about the rules or guidelines, you can send me a PM.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.