Petticoat Junction

CBS (ended 1970)

FredScuttle

Petticoat Junction Fan Reviews (12)

• An amusing, classic television show whose ambeince is highly missed in these days of television.

Don't get me wrong- I have nothing against television these days, in fact I love it- yet there is something to be said about Petticoat Junction and such shows of the past. Petticat Junction is- in my mind at least- a great example of the original shows. Infused with great characters, humorous plot lines and lots of laughs, Petticoat Junction is not only funny back then but also today. The characters- particularly Kate's girls were so steryotyped it was funny. There was Billie Jo the total flirt, Bobby Jo the bookworm, and Betty Jo the jock. However, I think the most humorous character in the show was Uncle Jo- after who the girls are all named. A great show, it was ended far too soon after its decline that resulted from the untimely death of Bea (the actress who played Kate). All together one of my favorite older shows, Petticoat Junction is definitley worth picking up an old dvd set.