Latest Episode Discussion (may contain spoilers)

drdan2410

[1]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 52

OK. I think it is about time to have a place to discuss this show as it is really shaping up now. The only thing I didn't like was the way that half of episode one takes place after all of Zwei's training (which happens in episode 2,3,4) and half of it is his origin. It just added an unnecessary confusion. But apart from that it is awesome! I especially like the contrast between Zwei and Ein.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darkchaostitan

[2]May 29, 2009
    • level: 3

For me this was an anime that I had just stumbled upon. I've got to say I was impressed with the beginning theme song, I really love it. I also like the contrast of Zwei and Ern, but as it progresses they begin to get closer together as zwei learns his indentiy, and Eren now begins to follow. This sorta reminds me of when I was watching gungrave, gungrave focused more on friendship, loyalty, freedom, ambition, and the supernatural(Necro-rise, just as the phantoms are to Phatom) . While phantom explores the human condition of self indivulalism which is a strong contrast to what the role of a Phantom is. This show has many conflictions, and as I'm not sure what exactly ties me to this series so much, I heavily await the next episode. Whcih relases idr when, but I hate waiting. >_>

It seems there are not really any releases as to DVDs goes, so I can't find a proper quality other than watching sub sites. I wonder if they'll incorperate english anytime soon. I seriously hope this show does well in japan. One other series I was watching(Air Gears) got cancelled after ep25, i don't know why I got addicted to that(usually isn't rly my style), but I hope for the best for Phantom: requiem for the Phantom..

Oh yeah, requiem for the phantom just sounds depressing, like the show can just fall at anymoment. It seems like a jinx to me, like saying Macbeth while performing/practicing it.

Oh yeah...I'm looking for good wallpapers for this series. Any1 know of any?

Edited on 05/29/2009 6:26pm

dogpawz5

[3]Aug 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    dude i completely agree this storyline just keeps getting better ^^ Phantom wa sugoi des! xD

dogpawz5

[4]Aug 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    grrr!! i wish i knew when the english subbed version of episode 18 came out! i can watch the raw version but i like the subbed version more...