Phil of the Future

Good Phil Hunting

Aired Friday 7:00 PM Sep 30, 2005 on Disney Channel

• And the solution is ....

And the solution to Phil and Keely's problem is Mr. Hackett's promise that the entire class wouldn't have to do homework for the rest of the semester. This would delay the issue till next semester.

Yeah, like this thought, the episode is just so. Well, other than Pim and static electricity. Why she is not using her wizard to solve the problem escapes me, I found this entire sub-plot to be the most fun of the episode. Mr. Hackett saying, "no smoking" broke me up.

The character development is the saving grace for this episode. Keely has yet more reasons to love Phil and Phil shows his love for Keely.
  • The development of maybe more then friendship.

In this episode it\'s very clear that phil and keely hug way to much to be just friends. I wish i hugged my friends who were girls that much. You can tell keely really likes to hug phil a lot. If you follow the series the whole thing keeping them from not being a couple is \"It\'s Complicated\" because phil could eave at anytime.
  • Phil uses future knowledge to solve one of Mr. Hackett's seemingly impossible math problems, but Keely inadvertently blurts out the answer and is promptly upgraded to advanced math class.

3.6
    Phil uses future knowledge to solve one of Mr. Hackett's seemingly impossible math problems, but Keely inadvertently blurts out the answer and is promptly upgraded to advanced math class. this was by far not my favorite episode..i though they hyped it up too much and then it turned out being a huge disappointment...i maybe liked it a little the first time i saw it, but then they kept playing it over and over again and it was not one of the ones i wanted to see for a second time...and 1101001 in computer language is the number 105 so i don't get it still...i just think it was stupid..the whole episode
  • Phil helps Keely out of a predicament when she blurts out the answer to a conundrum in math class. Pim seeks revenge on the fashion zombies. Entertaining but not too revealing. What does 110 1001 mean?

Keely once again shows her lack of self control in keeping future knowledge secret. She blurts out the answer to a math problem and is moved to the advanced math class where she needs Phil’s help to maintain the appearance of a math genius; a hard story line to maintain. The writers barely manage to resolve it without wrecking the continuity or direction of the series. Meanwhile, Pim decides to use static electricity to shock the fashion zombies. Those scenes were much funnier.
    Keely asks “How many times can the answer to the joke be 110 1001”. Phil thinks, then smiles but doesn’t tell her the meaning. ‘110’ is binary for 6 and ‘1001’ is binary for 9. Thus the answer is ‘69’ – a joke also used in “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure”. However, the binary number should have been ‘01000101’ to actually be 69. Keely is naïve to its meaning.
  • This isn't that great of an episode. It doesn't match up to the others.

7.3
    The plot in this episode seemed decent. It made a half hour drag on - which wasn't fun. I like the whole joke thing with Mr. Hackett and I thought that was pretty good. But other parts of the episode were just boring. I didn't laugh that much or I didn't keep my eyes glued tot he screen.
  • After Phil told Keely the answer to Mr. Hackett's superbly difficult problem, she accidentally blurted out the answer. Mr. Hackett thought she was a genius and booted her up to an advance math class. This presented difficult problems for Keely.

With Keely in advance math class, Phil had to sneak in and tell her all the answers so Mr. Hackett won't get suspicious. He had to do all of Keely's homework while she took her classmates to the mall. This causes Phil to get agitated and had an argument with Keely. Meanwhile, Pim tries to exact revenge on Candida for playing a prank on her by using static electricity.
  • Keeley takes advance math

Phil uses future technology to solve one of Mr. Hackett's seemingly impossible math problems, but Keely inadvertently blurts out the answer and is promptly upgraded to advanced math class. Rather than have Mr. Hackett even more suspicious of his family, Phil helps Keely continue to look smart among the other genius students - while Keely teaches her new classmates to navigate the shopping mall. After Candida pulls a static electricity trick on her, Pim shuffles her way to find the best method for acquiring energy.