Phil of the Future

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

SrRui

Phil of the Future Fan Reviews (309)

• Phil of the overdone future.

If I was a little younger (say about 6 years), this could easily have been one of my favourite shows.

The storylines are relatively interesting and the cast do a nice job.
    However, the show is known to go overboard and make outlandish situations even more outrageous. Despite this fact though, the relationship between the characters is enjoyable to watch.

There is the relationship between Keely (Alyson Michalka) and Phil (Ricky Ullman) - great friends, but clearly, both of them are also into each other. Problem is, they just can't seem to admit it to one another (well, not until the final episode).

Then there is the (hilarious?) relationship between Debbie (Kay Panabaker) and Pim (Amy Bruckner) - Debbie on the one hand is a real "goody-goody" and Pim is "pure evil". Debbie is always trying to reach out to Pim - but Pim always tries to take advantage of the situation, of course it usually blows up in her face. The show seemed to lose a little momentum when Debbie left.

Then there are the parents Lloyd (Craig Anton) and Barbara (Lise Simms) - both clueless about how this century operates, and usually paranoid that "their secret" (that they are from the future) may get found out.

I'm sure that we will be seeing more of the cast in the future - as they are good at what they do. The storylines are interesting as well, it's just a shame that they are sometimes interrupted by the show going overboard.

Still a good show for kids though, and if you are in the 12 - 16 age group, you may enjoy it. My sister and cousins did.
DISNEY