Phineas and Ferb

Candace Disconnected

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 18, 2011 on Disney Channel

• Good episode but the plot felt way too rushed

I thought that this was a good episode of "Phineas and Ferb". My score would've been higher if the plot to this episode just wasn't so rushed. The writers make the same ol' storyline for this cartoon that they don't realize the episodes are sometimes rushed. I feel like the writers need to focus on both the timing of the episode and the story in order for this episode to be better. Candace was only in Easter Island in the last 4 minutes of the episode. We should've saw more of Easter Island in order for the writers to make the right and NOT rushed timing and a well handled story that shows alot of Easter Island instead of Candace being in Easter Island in the last 4 minutes of the episode. There were some funny and enjoyable parts in this episode. Candace's new cell phone repeatedly getting ran over was very funny. Doofenschmirtz' new invention that drops off and picks up Vanessa from school was also funny. I also loved to see the "young Norm" in this episode as well. The scene with Doofenchmirtz and Perry doing their exercise or whatever it was was pretty good as well. The ending was also pretty funny. Score would've been better if the story didn't feel so rushed and Candace didn't use that "cliffhanger" joke. I said "OH MY GOD" after Candace said "Talk about a cliffhanger"... seriously, I came up with that joke when I was like 8 years old. Overall, a good episode of "Phineas and Ferb" that needed to have a well handled timing that would slow down and not rush through the episode and if it weren't for Candace using that cheesy "cliffhanger" joke. 7.5/10
  • Buford: ...so then Phineas was [Phineas teleports there] Nevermind, I'll finish my story later.

Sooo Linda gets Candace a new phone, but it's a basic phone with no gizmos and apps because she loses them freuqently. So then a dude giving stuff to P&F runs over it (on a gag that went on for FAR too long) and Candace asks the boys for a new one. The boys build one with several gadgets like a teleportation device & a rimshot app.

Candace didn't hear the tutorial and accidentally gets teleported to Easter Island while talking with Stacy and loses her phone. But Agent T (a turtle who was conviniently there) tells Karl and Perry uses Doof's inator (which I'll talk about later) to get her. Then Candace says she'll bust them for the cool phone and accidentally teleports herself to Timbuktu (sp?).

And Doof had to pick up Vanessa, so he invented a Pick'em-up-Inator, which works, and after excersising with Perry (don't ask) he decides to mass produce them but Perry then uses the original to pick up Candace, maing Doof lose the prototype.

Overall: Hilarious episode of Phineas & Ferb. Best gags where "Doofenshmirtz EvilBASEMENT", Norm's old head's snarky comments, the rimshot app, "Curse you unknown transportation thing", Doof & Perry dancing and excersigin together, Buford talking about the guys when they're not there, Vanessa & Doof's phone call & the ending. So as you see, it was a great ep with tons of highlights. 10/10.
DISNEY