Phineas and Ferb Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2015)

Candace's Sanity

pixarprincess

[1]Aug 24, 2011
    • level: 13

I'm starting to worry about her. Really, I am.

Sure she's always been a little crazy, but eventually she's probably gonna go COMPLEATLY bonkers. And I mean "Black Swan" bonkers. I mean I've had nightmares where Candace went insane and started hallucinating. They were not pretty.

There's plenty of evidence that she's not compleatly stable anymore. She's been becoming more and more obsessed with her brothers, has a tendency to yell a lot, and just really acts insane sometimes.

At the same time it would be an interesting story-arc. Somehow she ends up ina nearby mental institution and then Phineas and Ferb, believing her to be innocent try to break her out. It's a little dark, but hey, remember the Smiles Away Reformatory School?

So what do you think? Has Candace gotten crazier or am I exagerrating a bit and being paranoid? Should they call attention to this behavioron the show? Discuss!

Edited on 08/24/2011 1:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]Aug 25, 2011
    • level: 25

Now that you mention it, you could be onto something. I mean, even though Candace is such a Sarge (I'm referring her to a Pixar character, believe it or not), I would bet that she'd take this craziness way too far, beyond what we've seen before. Candace being in a mental hospital and Phineas and Ferb trying to do something about it would make an interesting episode idea.

Boolia

[3]Aug 26, 2011
    • level: 23
    That would be an interesting Fanfic! You might of just given me an idea, thanks!

Fourarms10

[4]Aug 26, 2011
    • level: 24
    pixarprincess wrote:

I'm starting to worry about her. Really, I am.

Sure she's always been a little crazy, but eventually she's probably gonna go COMPLEATLY bonkers. And I mean "Black Swan" bonkers. I mean I've had nightmares where Candace went insane and started hallucinating. They were not pretty.

There's plenty of evidence that she's not compleatly stable anymore. She's been becoming more and more obsessed with her brothers, has a tendency to yell a lot, and just really acts insane sometimes.

At the same time it would be an interesting story-arc. Somehow she ends up ina nearby mental institution and then Phineas and Ferb, believing her to be innocent try to break her out. It's a little dark, but hey, remember the Smiles Away Reformatory School?

So what do you think? Has Candace gotten crazier or am I exagerrating a bit and being paranoid? Should they call attention to this behavior on the show? Discuss!

Good point. And lets not forget about the recent movie as well. But when I think about it, when she did bust the boys, she got over everything. "She's the Mayor"

edmasterchaos

[5]Aug 27, 2011
    • level: 41
    That's sort of the point, this is driving her to insanity, and she appears to be on a few meds (one can only assume some of them are because her parents think she needs them due to all the zany things she tells them P&F do) but, going by the future, it won't get Too bad and when she gives up she will regain composure for the most part.

MikeIsrael

[6]Aug 27, 2011
    • level: 1
    I guess as more days of summer pass by she becomes wackier and wackier.

nicknameless101

[7]Aug 28, 2011
    • level: 25

edmasterchaos wrote:
    That's sort of the point, this is driving her to insanity, and she appears to be on a few meds (one can only assume some of them are because her parents think she needs them due to all the zany things she tells them P&F do) but, going by the future, it won't get Too bad and when she gives up she will regain composure for the most part.
    Oh yes, I almost forgot about the Quantum Boogaloo episode! I remember she is supposed to be calmer as an adult.

pixarprincess

[8]Aug 30, 2011
    • level: 13
    Well, sometime between now and Candace's future in Quantum Boogaloo, she's got time to get the busting thing out of her head. But how? Yeah, she probably got bored of it and realized it was pointless, but if she's past a point where that could easily happen already, then something else should snap her out of it. Let's see, we've already tried hynotism, and it's been said that she's "flighty and unfocused". This leaves us with;

1. Meds (assuming she doesn't take them YET)

2. Mind Rape

3. Happy Helmet

4. Epiphany

Take your pick.

Disneynerdguy77

[9]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 2

I have a "busting theory" to inform you of. She tries to bust because she cares. She thinks that whatever her brothers do is dangerous and that they could eventually get hurt. She loves them and she does not want anything to happen to them. Maybe that is something that will be revealed in the last episode of the show (along with Doofenshmirtz going back to Charlene, realizing that he is not really evil). So, the more she fails, the more worried she gets, the crazier she gets.

Boolia

[10]Sep 1, 2011
    • level: 23
    Disneynerdguy77 wrote:

I have a "busting theory" to inform you of. She tries to bust because she cares. She thinks that whatever her brothers do is dangerous and that they could eventually get hurt. She loves them and she does not want anything to happen to them. Maybe that is something that will be revealed in the last episode of the show (along with Doofenshmirtz going back to Charlene, realizing that he is not really evil). So, the more she fails, the more worried she gets, the crazier she gets.

That is what think too.

Platypus57

[11]Sep 5, 2011
    • level: 3

I feel quite sorry for Candace. Not once has she ever officially got to bust the boys.

Fourarms10

[12]Sep 8, 2011

pixarprincess wrote:
    Well, sometime between now and Candace's future in Quantum Boogaloo, she's got time to get the busting thing out of her head. But how? Yeah, she probably got bored of it and realized it was pointless, but if she's past a point where that could easily happen already, then something else should snap her out of it. Let's see, we've already tried hynotism, and it's been said that she's "flighty and unfocused". This leaves us with; 1. Meds (assuming she doesn't take them YET) 2. Mind Rape 3. Happy Helmet 4. Epiphany Take your pick.

A tv troper I see.

Boolia wrote:

I think your theory is confirmed because in the movie she did state that she tries to bust them in order to keep themselves from getting hurt.

frosty_ice

[13]Sep 9, 2011

I don't know... maybe a little, but then again, I think that by the end of the Summer, she'll just forget about everything and start to behave normally. Even though she takes this obession of hers a little too far, that doesn't mean she's going "bonkers", my friends... or at least, not totally.

nopperabo

[14]May 17, 2012
    • level: 16

Doesn't she already hallicinate from time to time. I'm thinking of the zebra. Maybe the moss did some long term damage to her.

chimanruler15

[15]May 23, 2012

Disneynerdguy77 wrote:

I may not explain this well, but I have another "busting theory" to inform you of:

Candace may show concern for her brothers, but instead of talking to them about why what they're doing is dangerous, she tattles on them in order to make herself look good and to get a feeling of accomplishment. I don't really think that showing evil facial expressions and laughing evilly while trying to get two people in trouble is a sign of caring, rather than snitching. If she really cared for her brothers, she would teach them that what they are doing is dangerous (or say to her mother something like, "Phineas and Ferb are doing something dangerous! We have to stop them before it's too late!"), rather than simply getting them in trouble and being sadistically happy about it.

If she didn't want anything bad to happen to her brothers, wouldn't she simply tell them to stop with the schemes in order to keep them safe, rather than being a tattletale (instead of reporting them to her mother so safety measures can be taken)?

Candace has even tried to bust her brothers over non-dangerous things before, such as the time when they made a retreat on an island for survival. How is THAT caring?

Candace is angry with her brothers ALL the time, even while she's busting them. Here, her anger isn't a sign of caring. She's just fed up with their inventions and schemes and plans to stop it in order to benefit HERSELF, not to keep her brothers safe.

If Candace's brothers ever found out EXACTLY why she tries to bust them, they probably wouldn't be so forgiving about it.

chimanruler15

[16]May 23, 2012

Fourarms10 wrote:

pixarprincess wrote:
    Well, sometime between now and Candace's future in Quantum Boogaloo, she's got time to get the busting thing out of her head. But how? Yeah, she probably got bored of it and realized it was pointless, but if she's past a point where that could easily happen already, then something else should snap her out of it. Let's see, we've already tried hynotism, and it's been said that she's "flighty and unfocused". This leaves us with; 1. Meds (assuming she doesn't take them YET) 2. Mind Rape 3. Happy Helmet 4. Epiphany Take your pick.

A tv troper I see.

Boolia wrote:

I think your theory is confirmed because in the movie she did state that she tries to bust them in order to keep themselves from getting hurt.

Ah, so in the movie,she states that she tries to bust her brothers in order to keep themselves from getting hurt. However, she does it in the WORST way possible. She could simply tell her brothers that what they are doing is dangerous (or tell her mom that what the boys are doing is dangerous), rather than being a sadistic tattletale about it.

nopperabo

[17]May 24, 2012
    • level: 16

There is also the question of why, if she is so intent on busting them, she decides to (on several occasions) tell them she is going to bust then before doing it, which gives them time to cover up (if they cared to do so). Also note that she has decided that it has to be her who does the busting. There are any number of other people who have seen Phineas and Ferb's inventions (from Stacy to pretty much every resident of Danville). Any one of them could corroborate her story to her mom, and most would have no problem doing so (P&F don't seem to really care if anyone knows what they do, so there is no reason anyone would be asked to keep it quiet.) But it has to be herand her alone. Big ego grab.

frosty_ice

[18]May 29, 2012

Indeed, she does care about her brothers, that's why she does the things she does. And as for her being a little crazier than usual. I think she's exagerating a little more, but she's still pretty sane to me (then again, she's my favourite character, so I tend to defend her, lol).

BrookeParker

[19]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 12
    You've got a point there.

BrookeParker

[20]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 12
    But, sometimes, she can be a lil' farfetched. I've often said that she's a too old for that.