Phineas and Ferb Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on Disney ChannelIn Season

Mr. Flynn and Mrs. Fletcher

nopperabo

[1]May 17, 2012
    • level: 16

Hi,

I was wondering does anyone think we will eventually hear about Mr. Flynn (i.e. Phineas and Canadace's actual dad) and Mrs. Fletcher (i.e. Ferb's actual mother). Are they going to show up at some later point. Are we in for a "very special" (read "very sad")episode down the road? I know that there are some people who have speculated that Dr. Doofenshmirtz is Phineas's real father, but for several reasons, this is not likey. So your opinion.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]May 17, 2012
    • level: 25

I think this topic was addressed in another thread. Are you new here, though?

nopperabo

[3]May 17, 2012

New to this forum, not to TV.com. I don't recall seeing an adress of this question, but then again I haven't read every post in the forum yet.

nicknameless101

[4]May 18, 2012

nopperabo wrote:

New to this forum, not to TV.com. I don't recall seeing an adress of this question, but then again I haven't read every post in the forum yet.

I see. Well, Phineas and Ferb's biological father and mother, respectively, are probably dead or divorced.

nopperabo

[5]May 18, 2012

As much as I hate to say it, "dead" is probably more likey, as even if they were divorced, you think that one or the other would have popped by to see thier kid once or twice even Mrs. Fletcher (who probably still would live in Great Britian, if she was alive.) Depending on when it happened. Phineas and Ferb may not even have known thier other parents (in Phineas's case he may not even have been born yet) Candace, on theother hand probably did. Actually there might be a very interesting episode there (a movie lengh one), that the real root cause of Candace's busting compulsion is becuse of whatever happened to her dad (maybe he was killed doing something that Candace caught him at once, but did not tellMom about, soshe blames herself. That also could explain her growing out of it in the future; once Phineas and Ferb reached an age where candace was convinced they could take care of themselves, she felt she no longer needed to protect themso constantly, and her busting urge wentaway. There is also the fact that, if Mrs. Flethcher is still alive,it is likely she would have gotten custody of Ferb. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Fletcheris a great dad, but he isn't exactly the kind of guy who would impress the courts as a good responsible parent if it came to a custody battle.

nicknameless101

[6]May 19, 2012

nopperabo wrote:

As much as I hate to say it, "dead" is probably more likey, as even if they were divorced, you think that one or the other would have popped by to see thier kid once or twice even Mrs. Fletcher (who probably still would live in Great Britian, if she was alive.) Depending on when it happened. Phineas and Ferb may not even have known thier other parents (in Phineas's case he may not even have been born yet) Candace, on theother hand probably did. Actually there might be a very interesting episode there (a movie lengh one), that the real root cause of Candace's busting compulsion is becuse of whatever happened to her dad (maybe he was killed doing something that Candace caught him at once, but did not tellMom about, soshe blames herself. That also could explain her growing out of it in the future; once Phineas and Ferb reached an age where candace was convinced they could take care of themselves, she felt she no longer needed to protect themso constantly, and her busting urge wentaway. There is also the fact that, if Mrs. Flethcher is still alive,it is likely she would have gotten custody of Ferb. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Fletcheris a great dad, but he isn't exactly the kind of guy who would impress the courts as a good responsible parent if it came to a custody battle.

You've got a point.

my_life_rules_6

[7]Jul 27, 2012
    • level: 7
    I read something something recently that was an interview with the creators that said a post- divorce family. I'm pretty sure they were talking about the Flynn- Fletchers but I have always thought of the missing parent as dead. I mean it is possible that they have full custody of their kids because of something terrible that has to do with the missing parent but it just makes more sense that they have died because the creators wont let us on in what happened. Anyways it sounds like whatever happened when the boys were just babies because they only know Linda and Lawrence as their parents. I think they should adopt the kids then they would all be Fletcher. Lawrence would legally be their father and Linda would legally be Ferbs mom that would be so sweet. Maybe someday they will let us in on what really happened to them.