Phineas and Ferb Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on Disney ChannelIn Season

Phineas and Ferb's feature film (2013) - News & Discussion Thread

alfa9delta

[1]Dec 26, 2011
    • level: 6

On January 10, 2011, during the winter press tour of the Television Critics Association, Gary Marsh, chief creative officer of Disney Channels Worldwide, announced that Walt Disney Studios was in the early stages of developing a Phineas and Ferb feature film.

It is currently being developed by Sean Bailey, Disney's president of motion picture production. Very little is known about this project except that, according to Marsh, it "will be live action and animation and will also involve the creators Jeff 'Swampy' Marsh and Dan Povenmire." The film has been written by Dan & Swampy, and will be released on July 26, 2013.

Media gossiper Jim Hill has said that Disney's plan for the film included having the Phineas and Ferb characters be portrayed by actors, though Povenmire has contradicted this, stating that the characters would remain animated like in the show.

On October 27, Michael Arndt, the Academy-Award nominated writer of Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 is announced as the new screenwriter and is now produced by David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films, the producers of the upcoming Disney movie, The Muppets.

It is also revealed that Todd Lieberman said that "It will be like Roger Rabbit, where we'd keep those characters and put them in the real world".

So, this topic is to us to discuss about the upcoming movie.

Edited on 12/26/2011 5:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]Dec 29, 2011
    • level: 25

Oh god, if Phineas, Ferb, and others will be in the live-action world, I just hope they'll remain animated. I can't imagine those adorable characters being portrayed by actors...

sunburst223

[3]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 1

if i recall they already made a Phineas and Ferb movie why make another one?

Egg_Bomb

[4]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 4

I think that this one will be released in theaters. Either that or so they can put in more action and emotion. In a regular 11 minute segment or 22 minute episode, you aren't able to stuff in every last detail, unlike where a 1 hour movie can be more detailed.

homestarfan14

[5]Sep 23, 2012
    • level: 1

If they have Phineas and Ferb in live action at any point of that movie. I might start to hurt people. I don't know when i'd stop

Boolia

[6]Oct 24, 2012
    • level: 22
    Bad news- I read that the movie won't be released until 2014 now.