Phineas and Ferb

Lotsa Latkes

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 18, 2011 on Disney Channel

5.3
  • The shows doesn't go any lower than this...

4.5
    opinion to the fans no less.

I can agree with many people that the main plot is quite incoherent. And though the Doofensmirtz subplot is slightly better, it wasn't entertaining enough (so was the song). The only I liked however, was the ending.
  • One of the worst episodes ever.

Out of all of the bad episodes, this one takes the cake.

The episode is about Phineas and the gang going to some potato event. The event is out of potatoes so the gang make duplicate Buford's last potato chip to make more potatoes. The potatoes reek havoc across the town and it's up to the gang to end the chaos. For Perry's subplot, Doof uses his potato-powered "Historical Army Retrieve-Inator" to summon a spartan army to take over the Tri-State Area. However, it summons Mongol army instead and Doof decides to dress up to match the army costumes to convince them that Doof is their leader. The main plot is just dumb. I mean how is the "Potato monsters attacking Danville" a good idea? Doof's plot however was pretty good. Doof's still a cynical airhead as usual. Phineas and the gang get the potatoes and bring them to the event. Dr. Doof fails as usual and that's it.

The only good parts of the episode is the subplot and the "Frienemies" song Buford and Baljeet sang. The show is showing it's age. My suggestion is that they should either have P&F go to school, or just end the show with a big finale.

Final rating: 3/10
  • Can this show get any more worse?

When all the potatoes in Danville go missing, Phineas and Ferb decide to clone some using Buford's last potato chip so that Isabella's Nana can make latkes for the Latke Festival at the Danville Senior Lodge. Unfortunately, Buford's DNA also merges with the potatoes, creating mischievous Potato Gremlins all over town. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz's plans on using a potato-powered "Historical Army Retrieve-Inator," to summon the Spartan army and command them to take over the Tri-State Area. But things go awry when a Mongol army appears instead and run amok all over Danville. Man, I can't believe how bad this season is getting right now. It's even worse than Season 2. At first, this third season started out great and the storyline were enjoyable to watch. But after "Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension", this season started to go down the drain. Candace is getting worse and more unlikeable every time. Characters really are no longer funny and just say jokes that we heard before. Perry'Doofenschmirtz plot is still pretty good though, I mean, it's weak some of the times but at least it's watchable. This episode was just awful though. Seriously, a world where potatoes are invading Danville. Like wow, can this show get any more stupider. I still don't understand how fans can like this show. I mean, I understand Season 1 since that's probably the best and I understand just a little bit of Season 2 but NOT Season 3. Well, at least the second half of Season 3. First half of Season 3 was actually good and very funny. So yeah, the humor in here was just lame and the storyline is pure stupid. I enjoyed the Perry/Doofenscmirtz plot just a little bit but even that plot couldn't save how incredibly bad the main plot was. Sorry fans but this show just isn't good anymore and it's getting worse now. Overall, an awful episode of "Phineas and Ferb". 1/10
  • This episode was bad

3.5
    When all the potatoes in Danville go missing, Phineas and Ferb decide to clone some using Buford's last potato chip so that Isabella's Nana can make latkes for the Latke Festival at the Danville Senior Lodge. Unfortunately, Buford's DNA also merges with the potatoes, creating mischievous Potato Gremlins all over town. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz's plans on using a potato-powered "Historical Army Retrieve-Inator," to summon the Spartan army and command them to take over the Tri-State Area. But things go awry when a Mongol army appears instead and run amok all over Danville. Eh, this is just is just a bad P&F episode. Although I got bored of reviewing the first season, I decided to review some of the recent Phineas and Ferb episodes. I am just checking how the new episodes are looking this episode, the main plot was awful to watch. I only laughed at that song. As for the other plot, it is still the highlight. The main plot was just stupid...enough said and I don't really want to talk about it. Overall, a bad episode. Stick with the subplot instead if you don't wanna suffer. 3.5/10