Phineas and Ferb

Disney Channel (ended 2015)

TVvuer69

Phineas and Ferb Fan Reviews page 4 of 11

• Boring and Repetitive.

Ugh,this show? This was amazing when it came out until 2009 when they repeat the same goddamn stuff over and over!What the fuck,I never thought this show would suck,but its been 5 years,call it quits and this was the only reason I would watch disney. Ferb now talks way too much,and has to deal with Phineas and Candace fucking riding his ass all the is it so bad that they are making machines?,most the fucking time their making it for you,you red headed ***!

Perry and Doofensmirtz-The peanut butter and jelly of both are the reason its still on,they are so fucking funny,not like baljeet who has to give some fucking lecture to people.
  • Ugh, really! End the horror!

Can't stand this show. Same shit happens in EVERY episode. It starts when Phineas & Ferb thinking about what they're going to do that day, Perry goes missing, Isabella and her stupid catchphrase "Watcha doing?"...Ugh....The characters are SO ANNOYING! I would give it a 0 if I could. -_-
  • Started off well But now it NEEDS TO STOP!

The show started off really strong. The inventions were actually pretty realistic. Not the kids making them but the inventions themselves. Phineas and Ferb never really had any good jokes but it was a fun show to just sit down and watch as Phineas created inventions and Candace freaked out.

But after five years of it simply needs to stop.

Every episode is--and I mean this quite literally--the same thing. And it's getting annoying. How long is their freaking summer. Every episode goes like this:

"Hey Ferb, I know what we're gonna do

"Agent P, Doofenshmirts is up to no good. Find out what it is and stop

"Gotta bust my

"Perry the Platypus, let me tell you about my latest story of his childhood)

"Mom, the boys have built a (whatever it is) in the backyard

(Doofenshmirts and Perry fight. Perry wins then flies

"Curse you Perry the

"Mom, come in the

"I don't see anything,

"But,

"Who wants some pie?"

"Ooh, I

Episode ends.

It needs to stop right now. After Meep came I just gave up on this show.
  • Great show love it

this show is fun to watch... and I don't if others realize this but almost all shows carry thier own same repetetive storylines lol this must not be noticable to those that lose interest in shows after 10 mins.
  • One of the best shows on TV now...just amazing.

What can I say? I love this show. It's enjoyable, relatable, and is very interesting. My favorite character is Doofenshmirtz, and I also like Perry, Phineas, and Ferb the most of all characters. It's one of the few cartoons on now to show ingenuity and have its own charisma and a unique and awesome plot. Highly recommend this to anyone. Sure it's repetitive but it's still a good show and it still remains hilarious yet serious when it needs to be.
  • Repetitive, but still a good show!!!

This is Phineas and Ferb, it's about two boys by the name of Phineas and Ferb who try to have the best summer ever by building awesome things. Things such as a Rollercoaster, a water silde, a beach, and a golfing course.

When this show first came on, I used to love it. I watched every episode everyday and I never got tired of it. But then after that awesome movie "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" things started to go down. I nothiced that the episodes were getting boring and repetitive, and when I say repetitive, I mean repetitive. This is what all the episodes are like:

Phineas is bored, then he get's an idea and says "Ferb, I know what we're going to do today!" and then says "Hey, where's Perry?"

Perry the Platypus, their pet, is a secret agent that goes into this strange place where he his told his mission. It usually is about Dr. Doofensmartz doing something evil.

It cuts back to Phineas and Ferb, who are starting to build whatever Phineas thought of. Isabella comes in and says "Watch doing?" and helps Phineas and Ferb on what they're doing. Candance, their sister and is quite possibly the most hated character in the series because all she ever does is try to bust the boys and fails. C'mon Candance! Stop trying to bust Phineas and Ferb when it's going to dissapear. Do something else for a change! She also has a crush on a boy named Jeremy. That's all she ever talk's about! Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy! In the old episodes she wasn't that annoying, but now she's extremely annoying in Season 3. Anyway, she sees what the boys are doing and says "Ooh, I'm telling Mom!" and runs off to tell Mom. It cuts back to Perry who is about to enter Dr. Doofensmartz's lair and gets captured by one of Doofensmartz's traps. The Evil Dr. Doofensmartz comes out and explains his evil plan to Perry. He shows him his invention and the names of them are so pathetic. They all end with Inator. It cuts to some random pointless musical number of Phineas and Ferb playing with the invention they just made. It goes back to Perry who escapes the trap and defeats the Evil Dr. D. Dr. D then says "Curse you Perry the Platypus!" Also while Perry and Doofensmartz were battling, the invention Doofensmartz made get's activated and makes Phineas and Ferb's Invention dissapear. Candance and Mom come home and Candance shows her what the boys made only to find it's not there. She then acts like an idiot, the Mom gets pissed, and goes inside to make food. Perry comes back and Phineas says "Oh, there you are Perry!"

Let the credits roll.

Overall, Phineas and Ferb is a great show, but it's getting way too repetitive.

Final Score: 8.5

Grade: A-
  • Repetitive. The most used word that could describe phineas and ferb.

Humour: 9/10: It's great.

Animation: 7/10: They played it safe.

Plots: 6/10: I'n not even going to say the word.
  • totally repetive! thanks, people!

Ok, first of all, this is an ok show, but get some new ideas! Sure, it was funny the first few episodes when candace fails at busting her bros, or when Doofenshmirtz failed, but now.... eh. Just stop it or change it. When phineas and ferb across the second dimension came out, i liked that because it was different. Who knew phineas would find out about perrys secret agent secret? But they hsd to ruin it with a happy ending whete no one even REMEMBERS what happened! At least have them remember the adventure! Now forgetting perry, i understand. But it ALL?? And i dont think theres even that many days in summer. I only have like 70!!! Sheesh. Just end it already. But, hey, i guess perry is cute, kinda...
  • Repetitive

I liked this show at first, but now everything is just too repetitive. The plot for every episode is this- boys build something, Candace tries to bust them, Doofenshmirtz (is that how you spell it?) has some invention that ruins Candace's attempts, and Perry comes back home. It's just way too repetitive. Also, why does Candace even try to bust her brothers? She's already gone to the future and found out that it'll be like 20 years before her first bust, so why waste her teenage years trying? The songs in every episode make a good attempt to be different and catchy, but it's really just annoying and repetitive. Oh another thing, WHEN DOES THEIR SUMMER END?! It's just weird how they magically jump from summer to Christmas or Halloween. The theme show says 104 days of summer vacation and there's been like 150 episodes. Isn't it time they give it a rest?
  • I don't get how anyone can give this show less than a 6.

The show obviously has it's problems, but really, it isn't a bad cartoon.

PLOT: Two stepbrothers (Phineas and Ferb) build amazing contraptions every day of summer, their older sister, Candace, tries to get them in trouble of their mom. Meanwhile, a German doctor faces off with Phineas and Ferbs' pet platypus named Perry, who lives a double life as a secret agent.

CHARACTERS: ....Well, their designs are pretty creative and they actually have personalities, so at least that's something. Phineas is basically the Disney version of Arnold Shortman. He always thinks on the positive side. Ferb hardly talks or has any facial expression what-so-ever. and I'm fine with that, because when he does talk, they're usually pretty good one-liners. I guess I like most of the characters. EXCEPT FOR ONE CHARACTER WHO DRIVES ME OUT OF MY MIND. And that's Candace.

Candace is one of my most despised characters of all time. I hate her because she's annoying, a horrible portrayal of a female protagonist , boy-crazy, and all she cares about is getting her brothers in trouble. She really gets on my nerves. I still harbor the opinion that Linda (the mom) should put Candace in a home.

Doofenshmirtz and Perry are the things I say I mainly watch this show for. They provide hilarious scenes, great lines, and comedic 'tragic' back stories. It can really deep into why Dr. Doofenshmirtz is so disturbed; he was disowned by his parents, forced to wear dresses all throughout his childhood.. heck, his parents didn't even show up for his own birth! But I do extremely enjoy the Doof/Perry plots.

HUMOR: Something about Phineas and Ferb that I like is that they use a WHOLE lot of pop culture references that most kids wouldn't get. The jokes are kinda either hit or miss (miss as in sometimes a joke or gag runs on for too long and gets annoying), but mostly it's a hit.

ROMANCE: Jeremy and Candace is kind of on the weak side. It's the only 'cannon' pairing in Phineas and Ferb, but I prefer the other romances over this one. Phineas and Isabella, in particular. At the start of the show, Phineas was oblivious to Isabella's romantic gestures (and still is.. sort of), in season 2, he started liking her a bit more, and now in Season three, I'd say the relationship is almost cannon. It's now Phineas that's making more of the romantic gestures. I really love how that's developing. Ferb and Vanessa.... well it'll happen eventually. It's got me intrigued.

One thing you should know about Phineas and Ferb before you watch it is that it's basically the same thing over and over again. That doesn't necessarily make it bad or dull for me, but I guess with other people it does. I've never been much of a musical person either, but some of the songs from this show are so good, it's just hard not to have them grow on you.

Phineas and Ferb: One out of the two good shows left on Disney Channel.
  • I know i'm to old to watch this show but I can't help it.

The theme song is addicting even though its kinda stupid but its catchy. This is disney's newest show and I think it's very popular because it has Ashley Tisdale (from Suite Life of Zack and Cody) and Michlie Muchio (from Hannah Montana). I only watch this though when nothing else is on. Phineas and Ferb are brothers who do everything together. From creating weird, wild, exotic things to just keeping it away from Candace busting them with their mom. I think this show is going to last as long as the Proud Family. Even though the Proud Family was a better cartoon. Children know Ashley better then Kyla Pratt.
  • Pretty good

Phineas and Ferb is probably one of the last good shows Disney has. It can be compared to some of the shows that the channel had in the early 2000's.

Pros

-Characters-P and F are a solid duo, as are Buford and Baljeet and Perry and Dr. doofenshmirtz.

Plot-Yes, it can be repetitive, but there are plenty of good episodes coming out of that plot.

Animation-Simple, but great.

Cons

Music-Don't really care for it, but sometimes it ties in with the plots, unlike the other shows where there are random songs thrown out there.

Drop in Quality and Lack of ideas-Show is starting to drop in quality, although the quality is still high. The show is also starting to run out of ideas. For example, I think they did a couple "flashback" episodes where they were in medieval times and in the Stone age, and they invent the wheel and go on an adventure to find a sword, which have been used by many different shows.

Overall, a pretty solid show, and I hope it lasts.

• Predictable

All that happens is:

They sit under the tree and phineas says: Im bored, then i know what we are going to do today then they start building then perry sneaks off, goes to the secret thing and goes to the doctors house while phineas is building. candace is talking on the phone when she sees the boys structure and scolds them. Perry tries fighting the doctor, the machine goes off and destroys the boys structure after they play and write a song about it. Candace starts crying mum comes home worries about candace. the end. although it is a funny series they should try a different storyboard cuz im sick a this.
  • Junk

this is Junk what happened to the good shows
  • One of the most clever cartoons arround

It's no surprise that Phineas and Ferb is still kicking arround in DIsney Channel: it's essentially the best thing they've pulled off in years.

The most impressive aspect here is the surprisingly clever writing that falls back on the same essential basic plot several times AND STILL manages to make it entertaining .

How? The absolutely CLEVER dialogue definitely manages to keep not only kids, but the older viewers entertained, and these last may find themselves laughing WAY more often than they exepcted due to the various tones and layers of humor, that definitely can at many times reach a level of sophistication that adults will absolutely get a kick out off.

With a lively and charming cast cast of relatable and well characterized characters (with special mention to Candace, who may just be the secret protagonist of the story), a simple and yet consistent art style, interestingly timed and well performed musical numbers, and a very basic premise that is so well executed to the point of reaching to al ages, P&F definitely surpasses all expectations based on it's premise and seriously deserves the top spot in terms of recent Disney Channel cartoons.
  • One of Disney Channel's only two good offerings.

Let's face it, Disney Channel can't even be considered a "Disney" channel anymore, nothing on there is even "Disney" related at all. This (along with Good Luck Charlie) is the only show that comes closest to being something Walt Disney himself would approve of.

Meet Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher, two boys wanting to get the best out of their summer vacation. The boys always embark on a grand new project, which annoys their older sister Candace (who always tries to bust them.. and fails). Meanwhile, their pet platypus Perry secretly becomes Agent P, a spy that always succeeds at foiling the plans of the evil, but dimwitted scientist, Dr. Doofenschmirtz. The plot is pretty formulaic, but it sure is a lot of fun fluff. You can't help but wonder what these two troublemakers will think of next. My favorite scene in the entire show was in episode 101 (Summer Belongs To You!). The scene featured a song called "J-Pop (Welcome to Tokyo)", and it parodied the internet meme that's incredibly popular in Japan, "Caramelldansen", and paid homage to Japanese pop culture. As fan of anime, I absolutely loved it.

Show creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh have crafted a smart and humorous show that both kids and adults can enjoy. Now, I hate to go off subject, but I've been reading many times about a 2D animated Mickey Mouse movie in development at Walt Disney Animation Studios, and if it gets the greenlight, Dan and Swampy should definitely be invited by John Lasseter (and Burny Mattinson, who came up with the idea) to direct the film. Overall, Phineas and Ferb is a great show, and is Disney Channel's best offering to boot.
  • This show is about two stepbrothers who do these extreme things during the summer while their pet platypus foils a mad scientist's evil plots to take over the tri-state area.

Let's see. I pretty much only watch this show for three reasons: The theme song is by my favorite band, Ferb, and Doofenshmirtz. It's pretty funny, but it gets repetitive. I mean REALLY repetitive. Every episode has the same plot as the last. Phineas and Ferb do something awesome. Candace tries to get them busted (and epic-ly fails because it magically disappears). Perry the Platypus foils Doofenshmirtz's evil plan to take over/get rid of something in the tri-state area. It's pretty much forced to be like that though, because whenever they go off from that, it just... sucks... I'll give the show a B-.
  • Disney finally takes a break from those horrible sitcoms and gives a brilliant cartoon

Disney is just like many channels nowadays, full of bad live action shows. However one show has risen up form that drek and shines above everyone else, Phineas and Ferb. The show is about two brothers who are on summer vacation and decide to make the most of it by building stuff and having adventures. Their sister, Cadence (sorry if wrong way to spell it), tries to catch them in the act but usually fails. The show has a tendency to be a bit repetitive with its stories. It's usually build something, sister tries to catch bros, invention goes away, everything goes back to normal, repeat. But the show can have plenty of variety, so it's not stale with ideas. I also like how the invention has a tendency to disappear in a very funny way and it's not even on purpose it just happens. The characters are excellent and bring their own type of humor to the show. There is also a running gag with the brothers' pet platypus named Perry, who is actually a secret agent. He fights the evil Dr. Dooscmisnef (again sorry for bad misspell) who tries to take over the tri county area. He and Perry usually do skits or gags that are humorous. The artwork is great, but I find it weird that Phineas has a triangle head, and Ferb has a cylinder head, but aside that the artwork is great. The animation flows smoothly in the show as well and is well paced. In an endless sea of bad shows on Disney, P & F stands up above them and can hopefully be a show that Disney can rebuild its foundation again and have their channel produce more good shows.
  • Now its too repetitve

Used to be good but now its too repetitive

Plot:

1. Phineas tells ferb "hey, i know to do today"

2.they build something and invite other kids

3.candace sees what they are up to

4.Perry fights dr doofenshmirtz

5.Doofenshmirtz loses

6.Candace tells mom

7.Doofenshmirtz`s invention destroys P and F`s invention.

8.mom gets home as soon as the invention is destroyed.

9.Perry returns.

10.Phineas says "oh there you are perry.

and ends the episode

So thats it
  • A decent show...

P&F is a decent show, but again, it has it's pros and cons. Usually I'd give this review in a lot of detail but let's explain the pros and cons:

Pros:

The laugh track: The laugh track isn't there so at least It's A Laugh Productions didn't make this which is good, because the laugh track is tedious and annoying as it's used in 99.9% of Disney shows today because It's A Laugh Productions makes these shows.

The characters: The characters aren't the boring type of generic, one-dimensional stereotypes you get like in Austin and Ally or Jessie for example and at least everyone has their own and interesting personalities.

The style: The style is interesting and it reminds us of classic Disney shows in some way.

The plots(pro): The plots are both pros and cons in a way because at least the plots have some sort of interesting ring to it.

The jokes: The jokes are better but at least the laugh track (as I already mentioned) ain't there.

The cons:

There isn't really much problems, however there are a few cons l would like to point out.

The plots: The plots in a way is a con because it does get boring and it's repetitive in a way with the same sequence: Phineas says to Ferb: I know what we're going to do today, they get to work, Perry's a secret agent, Candace tries and fails to bust her brothers, Perry fights Doof and wins, P&F's friends join in and the day ends, so there's a point where you just get bored...

Overall, this is a decent Disney show but could've done better.

Overall rating:

Characters: 8/10

Plots: 5/10

Jokes: 7/10

Style: 8/10.

-ayamesushi23
  • Once was a good cartoon,now is an example of repetition

5.5
    Phineas and Ferb was once a great cartoon,and was the only bright side of Disney. However,after a while,it turned from original and funny,to just annoying and lame. This show is about two kids who spend their summer building things like a roller coaster or a roller rink,while their sister Candance tries to expose them. Now,in the first two seasons,it was a great show,however,ever since the movie,it sucked. First off,the characters still act annoying. Phineas and Ferb are OK,but the others are just bad. Isabella is so annoying,and her catchphrase "Whatcha doin?" gets really annoying. Doofenswartz is a horrible villian,and can get easily defeated. Also,his inventions are lame. They always have to end with the word "Inator",and they always have to do with something that can get easily solved by the blink of an eye. Also,he is a rip-off of Doctor Draken from Kim Possible,since they both act like idiots. And his daughter Vanessa,acts like Sheygo. Candance is by far the worst character of the entire show. She has no life whatsoever,and wastes her free time trying the bust her brothers. She never gives up whatsoever,and her friend Stacy has more backbone and has a life. Baljeet and Buford are the only good characters,because they are funny. Second,the musical numbers. Seriously,most of them are just pointless now,and annoying. I mean,a song about aglets? Just WTH? And lastly,and the main reason,every episode is the same thing over and over again. It's always about Phineas and Ferb building inventions,Candance trying to bust them,she fails,and Perry beating Doofenswartz. Nothing is new to the show,and when they do,it gets worse. I mean,making them cavemen is nothing new. And plus,the designs look just weird,like how Phineas is shaped like a triangle. But it could be funny at times. But still,P&F is now nothing new,and when you see one episode,you see them all. Please watch Kim Possible,that was something underrated
  • Great Show

Candace is the show''s only flaw. She is so damn annoying. Other than that, this show is perfect.
  • Decent Show

The show is about two step brothers named Phineas and Ferb who each day invent big machines along with their friends Baljeat, Isabella, and the local bully Buford. Their sister Candace is always trying to tell her mom that they invented something, but each time the mom comes to see the machine is gone . The boys also have a pet named Perry, who secretly is an agent . His mission each episode is to stop the evil Doctor's machines. The show is decent
  • This is gonna be the best day ever!

Phineas and Ferb. One of the best Disney characters I've ever seen. Even though it's plot recycles every episode, it may consider the best. I like the Perry and Dr. Doofenshmirtz fights. They're the best when Dr. D does humor. Candace and Jermey's relationship means good. Isabella's crush on Phineas is great! Ferb rarely speaks. Baljeet's nerd to Buford's bulliness. Seriously looking forward to next year when the feature film is coming out, and Mission Marvel crossover! The movie and the crossover will rock! That's how I react to this show.
  • It went up

At first I really liked the series. The problem was, as Candace said, it was always the same routine: Phineas and Ferb do something, Doofershmith does something else, Perry stops him, but his invention destroys phineas and ferb's, making Candace look nuts (which actually is true). However, the newest episodes have broken this routine and now Phineas and Ferb have become one of the best.
  • jerkie jeebus freak

don't be a butt- jeebusfreak
  • It's a great show for KIDS!

From what I can get from the bad reviews is that they are teenagers or adults reviewing a show based on whether they were entertained. The show is made for kids as young as 6 yrs old. My daughter is 2 and is in love with the show and based on many of the young kids I've met within the age range of the show, it is entertaining for them as well. Of all of the shows meant for young children, Phineas and Ferb is one of the few that is still entertaining for a parent watching TV with their child (even my anti-kiddy-show husband will stop and watch an episode occasionally). Would I be watching this over the age of 14 if I wasn't a parent? No. But I probably wouldn't be watching the Disney channel or posting a review about any of their TV shows if I wasn't a mom. My rating is based on how much my child loves Phineas and Ferb and lights up every time she sees a picture of any of the characters from the show (especially Susie). Not saying repetition is good, but little kids like being able to predict what's going to happen. Helps them feel familiar with the show/characters. You know every 6 yr old is just waiting to shout out "where's Perry" every episode ;-)
  • It's good to watch when you're bored, but really not something you tune in weekly to

This show is okay, but not that great. It's one of those over hyped shows you see all over the internet and then you watch and don't really see why it has such a huge fanbase, but what are you gonna do? It always has the same plots and lately isn't even about P&F, but rather Candace (the annoying ginger) and Perry. Which isn't a bad thing since Perry and Dr. Doof are really what make the show funny. It has a lot of annoying things that they say over and over again that really aren't funny. Like I said above, it's not really something you watch weekly, just because it's not really worth it.
  • Phineas and Ferb is one of the worst Cartoons or Animations Disney has EVER released.

I gotta admit when i first watched this show i sort of liked it and thought it wasn't terrible. But as i watched a few more episodes i found out it's the same plot line and humor being used over and over and over and over again with different musical notes and situations. Here's a typical episode, Phineas and Ferb create a wacky machine meanwhile Perry their pet platypus as a Secret-Agent in disguise fights the evil villain Doffenschmurtz and Phineas and Ferb's oldest sister Candace tries to stop them with their weird machines and Doffenschmurtz some how destroys the machine and the mother of the sons and daughter realize nothing happened they think Candace is insane and everything is good again. THAT GET'S OLD REEEEEEEEALLY QUICK. This show has to rely on one plot line it's entire run and that's what a show cannot and can't do. That's like having Looney Tunes and using one plot line a segment already used the entire shows run it doesn't work. If anything i reccommend Looney Tunes obviously and even Disney's new show Fish Hooks i thought it would be terrible but it's terrific and actually 90's cartoon reminding.
  • Best cartoon on tv

These review are all talking about phineas and Ferbs plot, along with Candace trying to bust them witch is hilarious but the best part of the show is agent p vs dr. Doofenshmirtz. In my opinion dr. Doofenshmirtz is one of the funniest characters of all time any show, movie, ect., and his backstorys are the best thing the writers ever wrote.

10/10