Phineas and Ferb

Disney Channel (ended 2015)

Phineas and Ferb Fan Reviews page 4 of 11

• I don't get how anyone can give this show less than a 6.

The show obviously has it's problems, but really, it isn't a bad cartoon.

PLOT: Two stepbrothers (Phineas and Ferb) build amazing contraptions every day of summer, their older sister, Candace, tries to get them in trouble of their mom. Meanwhile, a German doctor faces off with Phineas and Ferbs' pet platypus named Perry, who lives a double life as a secret agent.

CHARACTERS: ....Well, their designs are pretty creative and they actually have personalities, so at least that's something. Phineas is basically the Disney version of Arnold Shortman. He always thinks on the positive side. Ferb hardly talks or has any facial expression what-so-ever. and I'm fine with that, because when he does talk, they're usually pretty good one-liners. I guess I like most of the characters. EXCEPT FOR ONE CHARACTER WHO DRIVES ME OUT OF MY MIND. And that's Candace.

Candace is one of my most despised characters of all time. I hate her because she's annoying, a horrible portrayal of a female protagonist , boy-crazy, and all she cares about is getting her brothers in trouble. She really gets on my nerves. I still harbor the opinion that Linda (the mom) should put Candace in a home.

Doofenshmirtz and Perry are the things I say I mainly watch this show for. They provide hilarious scenes, great lines, and comedic 'tragic' back stories. It can really deep into why Dr. Doofenshmirtz is so disturbed; he was disowned by his parents, forced to wear dresses all throughout his childhood.. heck, his parents didn't even show up for his own birth! But I do extremely enjoy the Doof/Perry plots.

HUMOR: Something about Phineas and Ferb that I like is that they use a WHOLE lot of pop culture references that most kids wouldn't get. The jokes are kinda either hit or miss (miss as in sometimes a joke or gag runs on for too long and gets annoying), but mostly it's a hit.

ROMANCE: Jeremy and Candace is kind of on the weak side. It's the only 'cannon' pairing in Phineas and Ferb, but I prefer the other romances over this one. Phineas and Isabella, in particular. At the start of the show, Phineas was oblivious to Isabella's romantic gestures (and still is.. sort of), in season 2, he started liking her a bit more, and now in Season three, I'd say the relationship is almost cannon. It's now Phineas that's making more of the romantic gestures. I really love how that's developing. Ferb and Vanessa.... well it'll happen eventually. It's got me intrigued.

One thing you should know about Phineas and Ferb before you watch it is that it's basically the same thing over and over again. That doesn't necessarily make it bad or dull for me, but I guess with other people it does. I've never been much of a musical person either, but some of the songs from this show are so good, it's just hard not to have them grow on you.

Phineas and Ferb: One out of the two good shows left on Disney Channel.
  • I know i'm to old to watch this show but I can't help it.

The theme song is addicting even though its kinda stupid but its catchy. This is disney's newest show and I think it's very popular because it has Ashley Tisdale (from Suite Life of Zack and Cody) and Michlie Muchio (from Hannah Montana). I only watch this though when nothing else is on. Phineas and Ferb are brothers who do everything together. From creating weird, wild, exotic things to just keeping it away from Candace busting them with their mom. I think this show is going to last as long as the Proud Family. Even though the Proud Family was a better cartoon. Children know Ashley better then Kyla Pratt.
  • Pretty good

Phineas and Ferb is probably one of the last good shows Disney has. It can be compared to some of the shows that the channel had in the early 2000's.

-Characters-P and F are a solid duo, as are Buford and Baljeet and Perry and Dr. doofenshmirtz.

Plot-Yes, it can be repetitive, but there are plenty of good episodes coming out of that plot.

Animation-Simple, but great.

Music-Don't really care for it, but sometimes it ties in with the plots, unlike the other shows where there are random songs thrown out there.

Drop in Quality and Lack of ideas-Show is starting to drop in quality, although the quality is still high. The show is also starting to run out of ideas. For example, I think they did a couple "flashback" episodes where they were in medieval times and in the Stone age, and they invent the wheel and go on an adventure to find a sword, which have been used by many different shows.

Overall, a pretty solid show, and I hope it lasts.

• Predictable

All that happens is:

They sit under the tree and phineas says: Im bored, then i know what we are going to do today then they start building then perry sneaks off, goes to the secret thing and goes to the doctors house while phineas is building. candace is talking on the phone when she sees the boys structure and scolds them. Perry tries fighting the doctor, the machine goes off and destroys the boys structure after they play and write a song about it. Candace starts crying mum comes home worries about candace. the end. although it is a funny series they should try a different storyboard cuz im sick a this.
  • Junk

this is Junk what happened to the good shows
  • One of the most clever cartoons arround

It's no surprise that Phineas and Ferb is still kicking arround in DIsney Channel: it's essentially the best thing they've pulled off in years.

The most impressive aspect here is the surprisingly clever writing that falls back on the same essential basic plot several times AND STILL manages to make it entertaining .

How? The absolutely CLEVER dialogue definitely manages to keep not only kids, but the older viewers entertained, and these last may find themselves laughing WAY more often than they exepcted due to the various tones and layers of humor, that definitely can at many times reach a level of sophistication that adults will absolutely get a kick out off.

With a lively and charming cast cast of relatable and well characterized characters (with special mention to Candace, who may just be the secret protagonist of the story), a simple and yet consistent art style, interestingly timed and well performed musical numbers, and a very basic premise that is so well executed to the point of reaching to al ages, P&F definitely surpasses all expectations based on it's premise and seriously deserves the top spot in terms of recent Disney Channel cartoons.
  • One of Disney Channel's only two good offerings.

Let's face it, Disney Channel can't even be considered a "Disney" channel anymore, nothing on there is even "Disney" related at all. This (along with Good Luck Charlie) is the only show that comes closest to being something Walt Disney himself would approve of.

Meet Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher, two boys wanting to get the best out of their summer vacation. The boys always embark on a grand new project, which annoys their older sister Candace (who always tries to bust them.. and fails). Meanwhile, their pet platypus Perry secretly becomes Agent P, a spy that always succeeds at foiling the plans of the evil, but dimwitted scientist, Dr. Doofenschmirtz. The plot is pretty formulaic, but it sure is a lot of fun fluff. You can't help but wonder what these two troublemakers will think of next. My favorite scene in the entire show was in episode 101 (Summer Belongs To You!). The scene featured a song called "J-Pop (Welcome to Tokyo)", and it parodied the internet meme that's incredibly popular in Japan, "Caramelldansen", and paid homage to Japanese pop culture. As fan of anime, I absolutely loved it.

Show creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh have crafted a smart and humorous show that both kids and adults can enjoy. Now, I hate to go off subject, but I've been reading many times about a 2D animated Mickey Mouse movie in development at Walt Disney Animation Studios, and if it gets the greenlight, Dan and Swampy should definitely be invited by John Lasseter (and Burny Mattinson, who came up with the idea) to direct the film. Overall, Phineas and Ferb is a great show, and is Disney Channel's best offering to boot.
  • This show is about two stepbrothers who do these extreme things during the summer while their pet platypus foils a mad scientist's evil plots to take over the tri-state area.

Let's see. I pretty much only watch this show for three reasons: The theme song is by my favorite band, Ferb, and Doofenshmirtz. It's pretty funny, but it gets repetitive. I mean REALLY repetitive. Every episode has the same plot as the last. Phineas and Ferb do something awesome. Candace tries to get them busted (and epic-ly fails because it magically disappears). Perry the Platypus foils Doofenshmirtz's evil plan to take over/get rid of something in the tri-state area. It's pretty much forced to be like that though, because whenever they go off from that, it just... sucks... I'll give the show a B-.
  • Disney finally takes a break from those horrible sitcoms and gives a brilliant cartoon

Disney is just like many channels nowadays, full of bad live action shows. However one show has risen up form that drek and shines above everyone else, Phineas and Ferb. The show is about two brothers who are on summer vacation and decide to make the most of it by building stuff and having adventures. Their sister, Cadence (sorry if wrong way to spell it), tries to catch them in the act but usually fails. The show has a tendency to be a bit repetitive with its stories. It's usually build something, sister tries to catch bros, invention goes away, everything goes back to normal, repeat. But the show can have plenty of variety, so it's not stale with ideas. I also like how the invention has a tendency to disappear in a very funny way and it's not even on purpose it just happens. The characters are excellent and bring their own type of humor to the show. There is also a running gag with the brothers' pet platypus named Perry, who is actually a secret agent. He fights the evil Dr. Dooscmisnef (again sorry for bad misspell) who tries to take over the tri county area. He and Perry usually do skits or gags that are humorous. The artwork is great, but I find it weird that Phineas has a triangle head, and Ferb has a cylinder head, but aside that the artwork is great. The animation flows smoothly in the show as well and is well paced. In an endless sea of bad shows on Disney, P & F stands up above them and can hopefully be a show that Disney can rebuild its foundation again and have their channel produce more good shows.
  • Now its too repetitve

Used to be good but now its too repetitive

1. Phineas tells ferb "hey, i know to do today"

2.they build something and invite other kids

3.candace sees what they are up to

4.Perry fights dr doofenshmirtz

5.Doofenshmirtz loses

6.Candace tells mom

7.Doofenshmirtz`s invention destroys P and F`s invention. gets home as soon as the invention is destroyed.

9.Perry returns.

10.Phineas says "oh there you are perry.

and ends the episode

So thats it
  • A decent show...

P&F is a decent show, but again, it has it's pros and cons. Usually I'd give this review in a lot of detail but let's explain the pros and cons:

The laugh track: The laugh track isn't there so at least It's A Laugh Productions didn't make this which is good, because the laugh track is tedious and annoying as it's used in 99.9% of Disney shows today because It's A Laugh Productions makes these shows.

The characters: The characters aren't the boring type of generic, one-dimensional stereotypes you get like in Austin and Ally or Jessie for example and at least everyone has their own and interesting personalities.

The style: The style is interesting and it reminds us of classic Disney shows in some way.

The plots(pro): The plots are both pros and cons in a way because at least the plots have some sort of interesting ring to it.

The jokes: The jokes are better but at least the laugh track (as I already mentioned) ain't there.

The cons:

There isn't really much problems, however there are a few cons l would like to point out.

The plots: The plots in a way is a con because it does get boring and it's repetitive in a way with the same sequence: Phineas says to Ferb: I know what we're going to do today, they get to work, Perry's a secret agent, Candace tries and fails to bust her brothers, Perry fights Doof and wins, P&F's friends join in and the day ends, so there's a point where you just get bored...

Overall, this is a decent Disney show but could've done better.

Overall rating:

Characters: 8/10

Plots: 5/10

Jokes: 7/10

Style: 8/10.

• Once was a good cartoon,now is an example of repetition

Phineas and Ferb was once a great cartoon,and was the only bright side of Disney. However,after a while,it turned from original and funny,to just annoying and lame. This show is about two kids who spend their summer building things like a roller coaster or a roller rink,while their sister Candance tries to expose them. Now,in the first two seasons,it was a great show,however,ever since the movie,it sucked. First off,the characters still act annoying. Phineas and Ferb are OK,but the others are just bad. Isabella is so annoying,and her catchphrase "Whatcha doin?" gets really annoying. Doofenswartz is a horrible villian,and can get easily defeated. Also,his inventions are lame. They always have to end with the word "Inator",and they always have to do with something that can get easily solved by the blink of an eye. Also,he is a rip-off of Doctor Draken from Kim Possible,since they both act like idiots. And his daughter Vanessa,acts like Sheygo. Candance is by far the worst character of the entire show. She has no life whatsoever,and wastes her free time trying the bust her brothers. She never gives up whatsoever,and her friend Stacy has more backbone and has a life. Baljeet and Buford are the only good characters,because they are funny. Second,the musical numbers. Seriously,most of them are just pointless now,and annoying. I mean,a song about aglets? Just WTH? And lastly,and the main reason,every episode is the same thing over and over again. It's always about Phineas and Ferb building inventions,Candance trying to bust them,she fails,and Perry beating Doofenswartz. Nothing is new to the show,and when they do,it gets worse. I mean,making them cavemen is nothing new. And plus,the designs look just weird,like how Phineas is shaped like a triangle. But it could be funny at times. But still,P&F is now nothing new,and when you see one episode,you see them all. Please watch Kim Possible,that was something underrated
  • Great Show

Candace is the show''s only flaw. She is so damn annoying. Other than that, this show is perfect.
  • Decent Show

The show is about two step brothers named Phineas and Ferb who each day invent big machines along with their friends Baljeat, Isabella, and the local bully Buford. Their sister Candace is always trying to tell her mom that they invented something, but each time the mom comes to see the machine is gone . The boys also have a pet named Perry, who secretly is an agent . His mission each episode is to stop the evil Doctor's machines. The show is decent
  • This is gonna be the best day ever!

Phineas and Ferb. One of the best Disney characters I've ever seen. Even though it's plot recycles every episode, it may consider the best. I like the Perry and Dr. Doofenshmirtz fights. They're the best when Dr. D does humor. Candace and Jermey's relationship means good. Isabella's crush on Phineas is great! Ferb rarely speaks. Baljeet's nerd to Buford's bulliness. Seriously looking forward to next year when the feature film is coming out, and Mission Marvel crossover! The movie and the crossover will rock! That's how I react to this show.
  • It went up

At first I really liked the series. The problem was, as Candace said, it was always the same routine: Phineas and Ferb do something, Doofershmith does something else, Perry stops him, but his invention destroys phineas and ferb's, making Candace look nuts (which actually is true). However, the newest episodes have broken this routine and now Phineas and Ferb have become one of the best.
  • jerkie jeebus freak

don't be a butt- jeebusfreak
  • It's a great show for KIDS!

From what I can get from the bad reviews is that they are teenagers or adults reviewing a show based on whether they were entertained. The show is made for kids as young as 6 yrs old. My daughter is 2 and is in love with the show and based on many of the young kids I've met within the age range of the show, it is entertaining for them as well. Of all of the shows meant for young children, Phineas and Ferb is one of the few that is still entertaining for a parent watching TV with their child (even my anti-kiddy-show husband will stop and watch an episode occasionally). Would I be watching this over the age of 14 if I wasn't a parent? No. But I probably wouldn't be watching the Disney channel or posting a review about any of their TV shows if I wasn't a mom. My rating is based on how much my child loves Phineas and Ferb and lights up every time she sees a picture of any of the characters from the show (especially Susie). Not saying repetition is good, but little kids like being able to predict what's going to happen. Helps them feel familiar with the show/characters. You know every 6 yr old is just waiting to shout out "where's Perry" every episode ;-)
  • It's good to watch when you're bored, but really not something you tune in weekly to

This show is okay, but not that great. It's one of those over hyped shows you see all over the internet and then you watch and don't really see why it has such a huge fanbase, but what are you gonna do? It always has the same plots and lately isn't even about P&F, but rather Candace (the annoying ginger) and Perry. Which isn't a bad thing since Perry and Dr. Doof are really what make the show funny. It has a lot of annoying things that they say over and over again that really aren't funny. Like I said above, it's not really something you watch weekly, just because it's not really worth it.
  • Phineas and Ferb is one of the worst Cartoons or Animations Disney has EVER released.

I gotta admit when i first watched this show i sort of liked it and thought it wasn't terrible. But as i watched a few more episodes i found out it's the same plot line and humor being used over and over and over and over again with different musical notes and situations. Here's a typical episode, Phineas and Ferb create a wacky machine meanwhile Perry their pet platypus as a Secret-Agent in disguise fights the evil villain Doffenschmurtz and Phineas and Ferb's oldest sister Candace tries to stop them with their weird machines and Doffenschmurtz some how destroys the machine and the mother of the sons and daughter realize nothing happened they think Candace is insane and everything is good again. THAT GET'S OLD REEEEEEEEALLY QUICK. This show has to rely on one plot line it's entire run and that's what a show cannot and can't do. That's like having Looney Tunes and using one plot line a segment already used the entire shows run it doesn't work. If anything i reccommend Looney Tunes obviously and even Disney's new show Fish Hooks i thought it would be terrible but it's terrific and actually 90's cartoon reminding.
  • Best cartoon on tv

These review are all talking about phineas and Ferbs plot, along with Candace trying to bust them witch is hilarious but the best part of the show is agent p vs dr. Doofenshmirtz. In my opinion dr. Doofenshmirtz is one of the funniest characters of all time any show, movie, ect., and his backstorys are the best thing the writers ever wrote.

• Best show in the whole world

phineas and ferb are in fire they are so cool
  • Show's pretty cool

phineas and ferb rule!!!!

the show has a great concept, ns all the episodes r very funny

its enjoyable for all age groups

the characters are great, all made to be admired.

only one little sad thing-

lately the episodes have candace focusing on her n jeremy's relationship.

it was better when she was nuts about busting her brothers.

hope that candace goes back to being normal soon
  • Not bad, but just too repetitive for me to be a superb show

Revised review...This show is about stepbrothers Phineas and Ferb making the coolest summer by making inventions while their older sister tries to bust them. B-Plot is usually Perry the platypus as Agent P stopping Dr. Doofensmirtz by taking the Tri-State Area. I'm changing my review...I don't hate it but the show is going downhill a bit. I'll put why it is later. I used to have it superb and great but now it just the same thing over and over again since the very first episode. I mean, the A plot is interesting to watch, but Candace always get in the way. B-Plot is better because there are rarely boring plots at all. Some of the music are great, but some might not be needed. Negatives are the running gags (they are getting old...I don't whatcha doing? anymore, especially Candace trying to show Linda the inventions but Doof's ruin it), Candace's behavior (like one of the users said, can't she just stop wasting her summer?), some of the later episodes. The later episodes are getting boring to watch and that's why I'm my review and a score to the 7. Overall this is just a decent cartoon...7/10
  • Phineas and Ferb you rock.....

I love this cartoon so much. Its my only the favourite show on disney channel. What a brilliant show. I love u Phineas and Ferb so much......
  • One of the best kid's cartoons on air

This show is original, funny and SMART. I thoroughly enjoyed this show, and though at times the plot can seem a little predictable, I would have no trouble saying that this show is one of the best children's cartoons on air.
  • Mark Jones - El Monte, Ca.

I'm going on 48 this week and I have to tell you this is the best series to come along since The Bugs Bunny Show ,The Simpsons, and Family Guy. I watch every chance I get - reruns too. Keep up the good work !!!
  • Disney Channel's Life Support

Summary: It's obvious that Phineas and Ferb is the hottest show on the Disney Channel, and the only thing keeping it steady. Phineas (Vincent Martella) and Ferb (Thomas Brodie Sangster) spend their summer break building the most wacky yet highly imaginative things known to man, such as: a roller coaster that covers half the city, a paper mache airplane, giant spin tops and so on. While the boys plan what they'll be doing for the day, their naive sister, Candace (Ashley Tisdale), trys her best to "bust" them by calling the mother and telling her about the crazy thing that the boys are doing...and ends up failing as the invention from the boys vanishes into the wind right before the mom witnesses the situation. While all of this is happening, the boys' pet platypus, Perry (Dee Bradley Baker) is a secret agent who's main objective is to stop the evil Dr. Heinz Doofenshirtz (Dan Povenmire), a wise-cracking mad scientist trying to destory the Tri-State Area who fails just as much or more so than Candace.

Characters: 10/10 What I enjoy most about the show is the characters, the characters are likable and interesting in every way. Their characteristics are in the right place and their appearances is one of the most creative things I have seen in a cartoon for years. Phineas has a good and positive about everything. Ferb may not talk much, but his actions are bigger than his words. Candace is hilarious on many levels especially when she's angry, and she has no common sense whatsoever when it comes to... just about everything... even with her obsession over Jeremy. Buford is another funny character, but unlike Candace, he doesn't have be a lunatic to be funny. Isabella is like the female counterpart of Phineas because they both have positive and confident attitudes no matter how stressful the situation is, and her "Whatcha Doin'?" catchphrase works every time. Next is Baljeet, who kind of reminds me of Butters from South Park because they're always victims of bullies. Baljeet may not do much, but he still belongs in the show regardless. Perry the Platypus is yet another great character added to the show who is an awesome, crime fighting, day saving, evil mad scientist butt-kicking, life rescuing, fashionable egg-laying mammal who can also make a good house pet. Last but not least, there's my favorite character, Dr. Heinz Doofenshirtz. Doofenshirtz has always been the best and will always be in my perspective due to his goofy comedic antics during his "serious" plans to take over the Tri-State Area/ get revenge on his brother. I also find him to be more humorous than Candace and Buford combined.

Humor: 8/10 The humor in this show has never cease to amaze me. The timing is perfect, the jokes fit in the right category and it's appropriate for all ages, although some of them may be edgy, but that's what makes it so great: some jokes for children, and some for adults/adolescents. However, there are some jokes in the show that annoy me. One is the giant, floating baby head. To me this actually was funny the first few times I have to admit, but the writers are starting to overuse it and it's getting frustrating; you see the baby head in almost every episode. Another thing I don't like is the overused term, "Yes, yes we are." which can also be used with different pronouns such as: "I", "You", "He", "She", "It" or "They". This usually happens when an adult asks the boys, "Aren't you a little too young to be (Insert situation here)?". Once again, another flaw that the show has in my opinion. If you like these two gags, than that's fine with you, I'm just sharing MY opinion about them.

Story 9/10 The whole storyline for the series is original in it's own way. The whole idea of two brothers creating ridiculous things to spend their summer vacation, while their stupid sister is trying to rat on them, and at the same time their pet platypus is on a daily mission to stop one guy, is...genius. The whole summer vacation thing may have been done before in an older cartoon series by the name of Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, but the difference between P&F and EEnE is that in EEnE, the boys spend their summer making easy money, while P&F on the other hand, spend theirs having as much out-of-this-world fun as they possibly can before it's time to hit the books again. I'm not sure which show is better, but let's not forget who is being reviewed here. ...You know what...both shows are unique in their own way, how's that?

Animation 10/10 I don't know what to say about the animation of the show, but it's perfect.

Overall: 8.5/10

Review Conclusion: Most of the profit and ratings that Disney is receiving is coming out of this one cartoon while all of Disney's other shows are getting down graded by it's previous fans if you know what I mean. Disney needs to throw away all of the obnoxious, tasteless and straight up annoying teen sitcoms and make way for more amazing cartoons, yes I said it, CARTOONS like Phineas and Ferb,... oh and by the way, Fish Hooks doesn't count. To end this review all I have to say is this: Phineas and Ferb is the Disney Channel's life support, without it, their ratings will drop faster than Osama Bin Laden in a room filled with Navy SEALS.
  • A Mess Up On The Show

on one of the episodes Dr. D buys a dog but its rely perry the platypus. and he is telling him his back story and he doesn't know its perry the platypus and he says something that was in a different back story and Dr. D says. well you remember that, he thinks its just a dog that he just got so why would he think that the dog would remember a back story that he told perry the platypus ?
  • Getting Boring.......

I used to think this show was good when it first started but now it's getting boring and repetitive. They really need to think about doing something DIFFERENT, like for example, they go to school instead of Candace trying to bust them and failing. Or maybe even do a spin-off with them going to school (or something else) and make friends and do what they do currently, a few times but most of the time, just being NORMAL!!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10