Phineas and Ferb

Friday 8:00 PM on Disney Channel Premiered Aug 17, 2007 In Season

TVvuer69

Phineas and Ferb Fan Reviews page 6 of 11

• The show suffers from a number of issues, not least of which is the fact that every episode is practically the same.

3.5
    My main issue with Phineas and Ferb is that every episode has pretty much the same plot. What's even more annoying is the fact that the series constantly pokes fun at this. It's as if the writers think that it's okay to be lazy if they constantly acknowledge it.

Another huge problem with the show is the characters, who are completely one dimensional. Everyone in the show can pretty much do anything. No one ever gets so much as a scrape, everyone can sing, and there seems to be no limit to what they can do. This is very annoying because it makes the characters completely unrelatable, and it means that there's never any sense of danger. You never find yourself interested in what's going to happen next because it always plays out the same. Phineas and Ferb's mom will never find out about their crazy schemes (despite the fact that everyone in town could vouch for Candace) and Doofenshmirtz will never take over the Tri-State area. There's no suspense, no drama, and there are no surprises.

The humor itself is minimal. Every episode recycles the same jokes and lines, such as characters acknowledging strange events with comments such as "yes, yes it is," or Doofenshmirtz naming all of his inventions "something-inators". The jokes are tired, unoriginal, and completely predictable.

A big focus of the show is music. As I mentioned earlier, it seems that every character can sing with ease. This makes for a lot of cheesy musical numbers that feature bland lyrics and tunes that aren't afraid to completely rip off real songs. The show would be much better if less time was spent on these overdone musical numbers featured in every episode (sometimes multiple times) and more time was spent developing the characters, plots and humor more.

The animation is, at best, sub-par. The colors, shapes, and character designs all have a "been there, done that" feel, and artistically there's nothing that pops. Shows like SpongeBob feature cool painted backgrounds and interesting character designs, but Phineas and Ferb is perfectly content with using rudimentary shapes and basic colors for its look.

The characters are unlikable. Phineas is too happy, but will occasionaly, for no reason, start acting sarcastic for no real reason at all. Ferb hardly ever talks, and the humor that stems from his deep English accent wears thin after he's muttered a few words. Candace comes off as a total jerk, who acts almost psychopathic and is completely intent on busting her brothers for no reason other than to get them in trouble. The rest of the characters are all forgettable, with the exception of Perry the Platypus.

Perry's scenes are probably the only decent ones, with some funny lines coming from Doofenshmirtz. There's a humorous villain/friend relationship between Perry and Doofenshmirtz, with them mostly fighting each other but occasionally hanging out and doing stuff like watching fitness tapes together. If the whole show was about Perry the Platypus then it could be a lot of fun, but instead his plots are reduced to side stories that only serve to break up the main plot.

Phineas and Ferb is not an enjoyable show for anyone over the age of ten. You may get a kick out of the first few episodes you see, but it's not long before it grows tiresome, and the laziness of the writing starts to show. There's nothing here that hasn't been done much better on other shows, and it doesn't have the charm or artistic flair to make up for its dull storylines and bland humor.
  • Phineas and Ferb is a good show...

This is a pretty good cartoon. I like how every episode has the same formula: The boys invent things and Candace tries to bust them. Then Perry and Doofensmertz(did i spell that right?) battle and always get rid of the boys' inventions before their mom can see them. I thought that was pretty funny, but that can get repetitive. I used to watch this show all the time, but it just got old. I think I've seen almost all of the episodes since every time I go to the show, it's an episode I have already seen. This show rips off Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, and Dexter's Lab though, so I think this show is unoriginal. But that doesn't make the show bad. One thing that annoy me is that Perry the Platypus is overrated. I constantly see someone wearing a shirt of Perry, and that annoys me. Also, Perry is just a rip off of Monkey from Dexter's Laboratory. Phineas and Ferb is a pretty good show, but it gets old, it gets repetitive, is overrated, and is unoriginal.
  • Phineas and Ferb is an actually pretty great show. This is my review on it.

Once when I was watching Family Channel, me and my sister were about to watch a movie. Right before the movie, the first episode of Phineas and Ferb was on. I was like "Hey, what's this? Is this like a flashback in the movie or something??" Then I saw it on the next day and that's when I started to like the show. The show, after the song "Gitchie Gitchie Goo" which I'd say was a mediocre song, apparently that's when they started to put a song in every episode. At first I've seen every episode so far, but then once when I took a nap, I woke up during a new episode "Crack That Whip". That's when I started losing track of the episodes. I'm looking forward into the movie "Across the Second Dimension" on Aug. 5th. Anyway, this has been my review on Phineas and Ferb.
  • Very good show for today's standards, but the plot kinda become repetitive after the 2nd (or 3rd?) season, let me explain...

Phineas and Ferb, aired around 2007, seemed to be the long waited return of Disney Channel's former glory.

At first, it was very fun and amusing to find a show on Disney without the "I've got a huge secret I can't spill!!!" plot. Phineas and Ferb's anatomy in the show is unique and creative, the personalities of the characthers have been barely or not used in any TV show I've ever seen.

The main plot is about two kids in a normal neighborhood deciding to do things to kill off summer time, but they do all sorts of massive stuff like roller-coasters, beaches and such, Candace is you typical teenager, but when she realizes her brothers are doing all sorts of crazy stuff, she goes for her one and only resource; Mom.Perry seems like your average stupid or dull mascot characther every fan-girl falls in love with, he has a double life becoming a secret agent in order to stop a semi-evil scientist which always has a rather hilarious backstory to begin with, the little musical scenes at first were very, cute fun and creative. The plot always bases around two or more histories.At the end of every episode, Agent P (or simply Perry) manages to destroy Doctor D's machine, wiping away what Phineas and Ferb do, making Candace look like a loonatic in front of her mother.

Now I shall conitnue on with my review on how this show is getting bad:

The plots at first were a little more variated, but then it all became the same plot over and over again, with the exeptions of Summer Belongs to You and the movie, as some others too.The once hilarious and cute musical shorts became boring, stupid and bad sounding, it seemed the writers were getting out of ideas for the rythm, because it started to lose it's peculiar "touch".Another thing I noticed is that Phineas and Ferb suddenly lost their innocence (in the way of not knowing what they were doing was "bad") in the episode when they split Candace apart in two personalities, even Phineas stated "Why hasn't it dissapeared like the other times?" when their machine didn't get taken.The movie and specials aren't very good now either, you won't really lose much of the plot if you lose them, by some reason they unlinked that stuff to the overall plot. The movie was mostly just Phineas being angry at Perry for discovering his alter-ego, and the extra-dimenssional Candace talking about protecting her family, the movie it's not linked with the show either.

Overall: If they can get better inspiration to keep this show good, that's fine, but if they can't, Fish Hooks will then be the only cartoon in Disney Channel, and that would not look good. Sadly.

• It's a very good show for what it is - good humour, characters, plot and animation. But it gets old fast.

The show is good but it gets repetitive. It's the same story each episode. But each one has it's own unique twist to it, so they're not all exactly the same. The characters are likeable, some of them more than others. For example, Buford is basically ripped off from the simpsons, and Baljeet is an indian stereotype. Candace is the main antagonist of the show, aiming to 'bust' the boys. She can be really annoying though.One of my main gripes with the show are the music numbers. I can't stand them. They're unneeded. The show would have been much better if they scaled back on the music. It's every episode, some cheesy song plays. The animation is nice and smooth, and colourful. Nothing revolutionary, but acceptable.

The Perry the Platypus shorts are the main reason why I watch this show. It's a nice change of pace from the Phineas and Ferb segments. Speaking of Perry himself, he's a very unique and original character. A platypus secret agent. You can't deny that sounds cool. Doofenshmirtz is hilarious, with his wide array of 'inators.'

The show has more or less the same kind of humour for each show. It's the case of 'it'sbeenusedbefore' syndrome. But it's still funny. The jokes are clean and understandable for most children.

The plot is largely the same each episode, too. Phineas and Ferb build something or go off somewhere, while he has his friends over and Candace tries to bust them. Doofenshmirtz comes up with a 'inator' and Perry is sent out to defeat him. He does, and the boys escape trouble. It's a neat formula but it does get a bit tiring.

The voice acting is good. The characters come from all sorts of backgrounds and have fluid, true to their nationality accents. You have to admit, Ferb has a nice voice.

Overall, this is a good show, but it can get monotonous after a while. Children of all ages will like this show, and it's got enough content to keep adults amused too.

• the thing i love about this show is how they make it obvious that the plot is the same everytime, and embrace it!

the show is about two stepbrothers who do the impossible and their teenage sister, candace (voiced by ashley tisdale) who always tries to rat them out. But everytime their mother responds to candace's calls, the evidence is suddenly swept away, usually by dr. Doofinsmufs, perry the platypus's evil enemy, the boys pet,who is actually a secret agent in disguise as a house pet.
    the point of the show is that the plot is easy to follow, being that it is the same basic outline everytime. there have been several episodes where they mention how they "do the same thing everytime". the show is extremely funny and crazy. it is really my favorite show all my friends love it and i do too.
  • Okay, this time I've actually seen it and I didn't laugh one bit.

Okay, this time I've actually seen it and I didn't laugh one bit. And I thought this show was bad because it features Disney stars. This time I was sure I was gonna hurl.

Well, let's start with the animation. Phineas' head is shaped like a triangle! And some of the other heads are weird-shaped, too. It's worse than The Replacements! They really could have done better.

And secondly, the theme song sucks. Especially the ending. "Mom, Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence"???? What is up with that?? That's not funny and they need to get rid of that.

Thirdly, I was hoping Dee Bradley Baker, the only professional voiceover on the show, would do good. But he didn't even speak! Which really makes me wonder if the voiceovers are gonna be on Disney or Nick anymore. Grey Delisle, Candi Milo, Tara Strong, Jeff Bennett, Maurice LaMarche, Cree Summer, Kath Soucie, Phil LaMarr and Daran Norris, come back!

The only character I'm actually fond of in this show is Isabella, voiced by Alyson Stoner. But she's nowhere near as cute as any of the characters in TBOM.

Overall, I can say that they should have brought The Buzz on Maggie back for its second season instead of airing this piece of crap. Why are you doing this, Disney Channel?
  • Eww!

This show is so poorly animated and deformed, how come the simpsonsisnt in the realted shows? I could barely stand looking at this show, it's basicly so ugly it's disturbing. How could Ashley Tisdale be in this show? The must have payed her aloooot of money to do that. Even if this show had the best storyline and script in the world (whitch it doesnt) I wouldn't watch it. Eww, I said when I fist saw the charactors. A triangle head? Who thought of what? Gosh this show is so duscusting. It's probably not as bad as doug though, so I may watch it in a time of extreme bordom when there is nothing on, but swive sweeper informercials on a boring saturday morning/night. Wow, did Ijust say I might watch this? I'll ave to wait and see if some weird twist of fate makes me watch it.
  • This show is a bad influence where i think it is pointless and also kind of irritates me.

2.5
    What a bad show, i completely disapprove of this show, as it just shows kids thinking they can get away with anything by building the most bizarre inventions. It completely destroys something else in its place and does it look like they are even given permission? Nope. To me they are just rule free troublemakers that i fear that kids will want to copy them which won't make a pretty setting. Even though it takes place in the summer, if kids want to do it all year then there will definitely be trouble. this Animated show was a bad idea from the start, even though a lot tend to like it, i think they are hypnoitized into its goofing off rule breaking vortex. Even worse is this show seems to be the result as to why Brandy and Mr. Whiskers and The Buzz on Maggie are canceled, and they were good classics that showed better influences. They had creative ideas and great show themes where this show looks to be whipped up in an uncontrolling rushed frenzy which made the character designs look as if they were pulled out from a washing machine. The character designs look majorly unrealistic, and the plots are lame. this is a show where i get kind of bored watching it for more than five minutes and more than a few episodes. I see no respect for authorities and adults in this show because they all make them look really unrealistic since they never catch on to Phineas and Ferb's destructive ways of replacing things with things THEY want, seems kind of spoiled. oh, but if it is one thing i can't stand about this show is Candace, none of the characters are nowhere NEAR as bad and annoying as her, seriously, in every episode it is the same thing, she tries to get them in trouble by saying the same annoying line, "MOM! Phineas and Ferb are doing something bad!" Wicked childish and not in the good way, nobody likes a tattletale. Sure i was just saying that it is bad for the two boys to get away with everything thinking they can do whatever they want when they can't, but i find it best for regular mature adults to discover it and not immature tatteltales. I like Ashley Tisdale, i really do, i just don't like the type of character she has to voice act in this show, so i feel bad for her. Finally, for users who like this show, i respect you guys too as i am not saying i have a problem wih people who like this show, it is okay if they do, i am just saying in my own opinion that this show has some bad influences that worries me because you never know if somebody might actually want to copy this show. Again, i will also say i like Disney channel, but this show idea is one where i think isn't exactly the "right" thing to watch. Thus ends my five-hundred word rant that i tried to control. Hopefully some people have some time to read this and agree or disagree with me here on this review.
  • Just cancel it... Please!

Phineas and Ferb just plain sucks. It never was good and never will be. Just cancel it and completely remove it from youre line up Disney please! The only good animated show on Disney was American Dragon Jake Long but Disney has to cancel every show that was actually good and replace them with crap like Cory and The House and this heap of crap called Phineas and Ferb. This show was never once good and will never appeal to anyone over the age of eight! The plot to the show is 100% unoriginal, boring and pointless. Don't waste your time watching this crap.
  • An annoying show.

4.5
    Phineas and Ferb is an OK show. I'll admit it they've got some funny jokes in there and there have been some times where I laugh. However I also think that Phineas and Ferb is a very annoying series. They basically do the same thing in every freakin' episode; Phineas and Ferb decide they're going to build something crazy, so then Candace finds out what they're doing and instead of leaving them alone, like I would, she has to go and tell her Mom about it. Then, Perry leaves to go fight Dr. Doofenshmirtz because he's building some kind of thing that always ends in ator. Back with Phineas and Ferb, the boys are still building something, meanwhile Candace is trying to bust her brothers. But no matter how hard Candace tries she can't because the mother is either too busy with something to see or some of the evidence Candace has is destroyed. So then Perry stops Dr. Doofenshmirtz and just as Candace is about to bust her brothers, one of Doofenshmirtz inventions destroys what Phineas and Ferb have made. Does this sound like any of the episodes? Well, to me, it sounds like just about all of them! Sure, there are some episodes that I like, such as that Treehouse one, but most of the time it's what happened in the last episode. There was 1 episode where we thought Candace finally busts her brothers, but it turns out to be a dream. One more thing I wanna bring out is the animation. It seems as though the animators can't draw the boy's head like normal heads, yet they can draw all the other characters with normal looking heads. Weird. Also, I wanna bring out the voice acting. They didn't pick the right voices to play certain characters. Phineas sounds too old and Candace's voice is annoying. So in short, Phineas and Ferb is both annoying and also repetitive. Grade: 45/100.
  • A show to watch when you're very bored.

This show is VERY repeative. This is how all eps go:

EVERY DAY (How long is summer for them anyway?) Phineas and Ferb are bored so they make up some unrealistic invention (like building a Roller coaster), while building that invention, Phineas always asks to Ferb, "Where's parry?" The next scene show Perry (Some kind of animal that acts like a human), going to some evil Doctors lab (Forgot the name) to foil his plans for destroying the tri-state area (They wanted to be original but failed).

Now Candace (Phineas's sister) want's to bust her brothers by telling her mom on them about the invention. Though ALWAYS in EVERY episode her Mom is ALWAYS busy (Shopping, etc..) and doesn't take her daughter seriously. In the end of the episode Perry fights the doctor and destroys his plans. Though in EVERY episode his invention (Usually a Plane, Missile, etc...) destroys Phineas's invention. Then after it's destroys, THEN Candace's mother has the time to pay attention to her, though since it's destroyed she thinks Candace was lieing.

That was the description of all the episodes in the series. To top it all off, almost every episode has a crappy musical scene. The jokes are kinda lame though the animation is alright. (I've seen worse) I'll only see this show if I'm SUPER bored.
  • An okay show to a terrible show.

2.5
    The first thing I have to say is there is way too much singing. There is always a stupid song on every episode and almost all of the time, the song is bad.
    Sometimes, the song is good, but good chances are that the next new episode has some lame song. Season 1 was good at first. It had good humor all the time. Then, the humor started to die down a little nearing the end of Season 1. Then, Season 2 came and is almost humorlous. Right now, there is only 2 episodes I want to give an A. Most of the episodes in my opinion are in the F range. Lastly, I thought the plot for this show is real dull. Phineas and Ferb want to build something. Then, their pet platypus, Perry, a secret agent, goes to defeat Dr. Doofenzmertz from firing something that destroys the tri-state-area. After Phineas and Ferb finish playing with whatever they build, Candace goes to get them in trouble. When she's doing that, Dr. Doofenzmert's weapon destroys whatever they build. Then, Candace goes to get them in trouble and doesn't realize its gone. Then, when she shows her mom, she realizes that it disappeared and her mom says she is crazy. Then Perry comes back. Ta da! That is what happens in 75 percent of all episodes.

Overal, I give this show an F. It can be much better in many ways. We need a show that doesn't repeat one plot in many episodes.
  • Very Overrated

This show is about 2 kids named (yep, you guessed it) Phineas and Ferb, who try to make the days of summer count before school starts. The first time I watched this show, I thought it was good, it was decent humored, an ok plot, some ok characters, not bad. Then I watched a couple more and then I realized something: it's the same thing EVERY EPISODE! And then they do an annoying musical number every episode since season 2, and since season 2 it's not been even remotely funny. I'm sorry fans, but I just don't like this show. 2/10 F-
  • Horrible show.

I remember catching the first few episodes about two years ago (if I'm right). I thought it was decent. Decent characters. Decent plot and it did have a few funny lines, at least for little kids. However, after catching more episodes, I have to say I am SICK of this show. It is nothing but repetition. Believe me, if you've seen one episode then you've seen them all. Phineas and Ferb build some crazy contraption. Crazy sis Candace tries to tell on them to their mother. Meanwhile pet Perry the Platypus (who is actually a secret agent) fights with Dofen-whatever. As they fight, they destroy P&F's crazy contraption before their mom sees it. Even the musical numbers that they use desperately without any reference but just to have a musical number can't save this show. Alas, this is Disney so they'll keep it on air.
  • The only good cartoon show to come out in the last 5 years. It's not terribly original, the plots are just average and the animation is very strange. The thing that sets it apart from the droves of other terrible shows is it's good-hearted nature.

Phineas and Ferb reminds me of a show from the 90's or early 00's. It's not as good as many of the classics from that back then, but it shares the same honest nature. Most of today's shows try to be as outlandish as possible and throw in as much potty humor and cheap gross-out jokes as possible. The writers of today's productions honestly seem as stupid as their shows. It's refreshing to see a cartoon that actually tries to be a good show.

Phineas and Ferb has good intentions and is a very well meaning series. The show is never hilarious, but it's usually entertaining and has a good sense of humor. Phineas and Ferb are both good characters that work well with one another. Some of the other characters, such as Perry the Platypus and Dr. Doofenshmirtz, are even more entertaining.

I'm glad to see that not all cartoon shows have gone to the dogs. Finally a decent show with good writing, decent characters and a good sense of humor. There is still hope for the cartoon world.

• Such a cute show! I love Phineas and Isabella! What a cute couple! Candance reminds me of my cousin her and Jeremy are meant for each other! Love the Christmas special!

Candance is a peepy teenager, who always loves to "bust" her younger brothers.....Its like my cousins profile! Isabella is so sweet, and its so adorable how she LOVES Phineas her catch pharse "Whatcha' Doin'" is soooooo funny and the fact that she gets a hunch when people say it, is even funnier! The show has only one flaw..... the songs are sung by dudes... and girls sing it!!!!!! Its cute but i have to take off points for thhe singing! They should make a season when they are in school, I would LOVE that! My favorite episode is the Christmas Special!! Gotta love it!!!
  • Imagine a good 90s cartoon. Add some gags and what you get is Phineas and Ferb.

PLOT
    The main plot is basically about Phineas and Ferb. Two stepbrothers who spend their days of summer in the best way as possible. However, their sister Candace is always trying to bust them for doing many dangerous things, but as anyone would expect, she fails. Besides this, there's their pet platypus Perry, who is also a secret agent who fights Dr Doofenshmirtz. The plot sounds crazy and surreal, but that's what made the 90s so good.

HUMOUR
    The humour is brilliant. No toilet humor, no stupid characters. What would you expect from the creators, who worked on Rocko's Modern Life?

STORYLINE
    The show doesn't need a big interest to follow the continuity. It's like The Simpsons, there's no problem if you miss an episode, but the new characters or actions have an influence in future episodes.

WRITING
    The stories aren't very interesting in short-lenght episodes, but it's the jokes what makes it have a perfect writing.

===================LAST OPINION===================
    If you liked Rocko's Modern Life or the early SpongeBob episodes, you're most likely going to love this show. If not, I'd suggest giving it a try, or else you're missing a big thing.
  • A surprisingly great show. One of the future classics. (To all Spongebob fans that read this: don't forget to read the note at the end.)

I admit, when I first heard about the concept, I was skeptical. I used to be exactly like those guys who gave it a 1/10 in the other reviews. I had only watched about one or two episodes, and unfortunately, one of them was Rollercoaster, an episode which still had sarcastic, wisecracking Phineas instead of the one we know now, and I wasn't all that impressed. But then, I watched "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted", one of the best episodes of the series, and I got interested. I started watching some back episodes on YouTube a month ago, and now I've already finished the entire series so far. With that having been said, I can honestly say that Phineas and Ferb is the best cartoon to come out in the last few years.

Everyone complains that the show is formulaic, but for me, that's one of the reasons that makes it great. They play around and mess with the formula to make each episode different yet familiar. It's not just some random stories strung together by the fact that they feature the same characters. It's a show that gives you something new every episode, but still gives off the feeling that all these wild escapades are connected somehow by something greater than just featuring the same people. The sense of continuity the show has developed is what sets it apart from other shows today.

The show has also done a superb job with character development. Kids cartoons usually just establish one main point about a character (Timmy Turner's jerk with a heart of gold persona, Spongebob's almost-unbreakable optimism, etc.) and Flanderize it to oblivion. Phineas and Ferb, so far, has managed to avoid that, giving us well-rounded and deep (for a kids' show) characters that, unlike most kids' shows, give off a touch of humanity in their 2D lives.

Another point people usually complain about: the songs. I don't get it, the songs are great. It's an accomplishment for the writers that they're able to make a song fit into the story perfectly most of the time. The musical numbers are one of the things that make the show unique and great. They range from funny, to heartbreaking, to heartwarming, and to epic. It's not easy to write songs for a kids' demographic without sacrificing some musical dignity, but they pull it off and then some. I'd recommend "Little Brothers" and "City Of Love", but anyway, moving on.

I've read a lot of the bad reviews given to this show on this site, and a lot of them completely miss the point. They complain that the show isn't packed with gags like Spongebob, but it's not supposed to be. People complain about the characters, especially Candace and Doofenshmirtz, but every character is exceptionally well-defined (for a cartoon) personality-wise, unlike Spongebob, where every single character (except Sandy, Mrs. Puff, and Squidward) has been flanderized into a complete jerkass. People complain about the formula, but the formula keeps the show from going overboard with the randomness. Sure, randomness is good in small doses, but sometimes you can't tell if it's a story or a spotfest anymore.

Personally, I think the public opinion on the show suffers because cartoons are usually associated with humor, and if a cartoon isn't primarily a comedy, it's a failure in people's eyes. Phineas and Ferb is more than just a comedy. It's a remarkably well-written show that has a little bit of everything in it. It's Spongebob, without the annoyingly dumb characters. It's the Simpsons before Homer became a jerkass. It's been the best cartoon ever since Spongebob started slipping, and (I know this a massive hyperbole, but why not?) it's the Sgt. Pepper of Disney Channel.

(NOTE: I never meant to insult Spongebob in any way while writing this review. It's definitely one of the top 10 greatest cartoons of all time. I'm just making an observation that every character on the show (again, except Sandy, Mrs. Puff, and Squidward) has become somewhat hateable. It's gotten so bad that I can't root for Spongebob when I watch the show anymore. In TV Tropes terms, the heroes are becoming the Scrappies.)
  • Do my eyes deceive me? Is it a sitcom? No. Does it have a laugh track? No. Is it a cartoon? YES!

Let's see...Phineas and Ferb. Oh but wait! Do my eyes deceive me? Is it a sitcom? No. Does it have a laugh track? No. Is it a cartoon? YES! Phineas and Ferb is an animated series made by Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh. For a modern cartoon, it's pretty good. It may be repetitive but it's in the good way. I noticed that some episodes aren't centered around the same formula as I know well what would happen at the end of an episode but I look at what's in between those segments. I don't have a favorite but Ferb is pretty cool. I can't wait for season 3 to air! All that needs to be done is some songs. I'm not saying I hate all of them, but I feel that some episodes don't need songs.
  • wow great show

6.6
    when i saw the first episode during high school musical 2. the show was great and i love the characters in it two brother doing danger stuff and Candace trying to them in trouble i think that classic and she fall in love with boy who works in the mall and i just it get better every episode. this is like filmore and recess and papper anna and some others cartoon. i hope there some cool episode i will like. the two brother are just the coolest kids who does danger stuff and they dont get in trouble. the csrtoon is little poor but it great i just want it to be like kim possible and other but i think i will see how it will go.
  • Personally, I can't stand it.

I tried to give Phineas and Ferb many chances, I really did. But I was never impressed by it. I will admit that I do think it's better than the stuff we have on Disney Channel-or heck, every kids' network-nowadays, but it's still nowhere near as good as some other cartoons I've seen. First of all, unlike a lot of people, I just don't find it funny. On the contrary, I think the humor is really annoying. It seems to me that the jokes aren't very well thought out, and the writers just come up with it within a few seconds. Most of the stuff, I could come up with easy! Okay, so there is some good stuff in there that makes me laugh, but not enough. But the one thing that's irritating the living crap out of me is how repetitive this show. Every episode is the same, and the same thing happens over and over and over again: Phineas and Ferb are doing something boring and then all of a sudden, Phineas thinks of a crazy idea; Perry runs off to his secret lair to get information on something that Dr. Doofen-whatever-his name-is is building; Candace notices what her brothers are doing and tries to put a stop to them, but something goes wrong; Perry finally arrives at Doofenshmirfs evil incorporated, where his arch enemy, Dr. Doofenshmirfs, captures him and announces some kind of new invention he created that always ends with "ator"; Candace gets some kind of proof of what her brothers are doing; Perry finally stops Dr. Doofenshmirfs, and something destroys any proof Candace has; and just as Candace is about to tell the Mom what her brothers are up to, suddenly whatever they built vanishes and now Candace looks like an idiot. Does it sound like any episode you know? To me, it sounds like EVERY episode in existence. The only episode that I really liked was the tree house one as well as the one where future Candace goes to the past to bust her brothers. Other than that, I hate every episode. Not only that, but the characters are annoying: Phineas is bland and has absolutely no personality traits that make him interesting; the mother and father are idiots and oblivious to everything their sons are doing-if you don't know either of your two songs are geniuses, you've clearly failed as a parent; Ferb never talks, which I know is supposed to be a joke, but I think he's just pointless to the show; and Isabella is just annoying period. Candace is the worst: she is the stereotype of teen girls-girly and boy crazed-and needs a life. Why does she care what her brothers are doing? If I had brothers like Phineas and Ferb who could build stuff like they can, I would think that it is cool, not try to get them in trouble. Plus her scream makes me want to punch her out. The voice work is appalling: Phineas sounds completely emotionless, which describes his personally well; Isabella's voice is too high-pitched; and Candace just sounds irritating. I know a lot of people like this show, but honestly I just don't understand why. This is one show that is literally painful for me to watch.
  • Teach children that summer is more than just playing and wasting time.

One of the best new shows to come along for children, and those of us who still remember being children, in years. A lesson many adults could learn from. Too often when we have free time we set by the TV/computer and do nothing.
    Two brothers who view nothing out of their reach. A sister who place too much on what her brothers are doing rather than getting own with her life. Another lesson for many adults. And the show is just fun. The music isgood and you can watch it with your kids and enjoy it with them, unlike so many other children's shows.
  • Phineas and ferb are gonna do it all

Phineas and Ferb is a pretty good show. It's on my top 20 favorite TV show list at number 18. It was good at first but it got way too repetive. The same things happen in every episode. Phineas and Ferb are bored so they build something. All thier friend come over to try it ot. Then thier sister Candace finds out and calls her mom. Her mom doesn't bielive her. Meanwhile, Phineas's pet platypus Perry goes undercover as a secret agent to stop Dr. doofenshmirtz from destroying The Tri state area. somehow Doofenshmiritz's evil contraption destroys Phineas and Fwerb's invention leading thier mom to never find out
  • Good, but...

5.5
    Well, I never thought I'd say this, because I honestly love the show-but does anyone else think P&F is becoming stale and annoying now? I loved most of the episodes and thought they had creativity, but when they came up with A MUSICAL of Rollercoaster with songs like that being wasted behind stock footage of the first episode with different dialogue, ("Hey Ferb" and the others come to mind) I lost faith and touch with it; it was like they milked the fact they were a musical show and just threw out an episode. To me, it just didn't have the charm it had garnered back when it was climbing up the "household name" ladder. It just sounds cheap, overrated, and very unimaginative now as it makes more and more episodes. Even Doof is annoying now, and Coltrane is officially Stacy's boyfriend?! Seriously?! Why? They just tack him on as her BF so she can even up with Candace. And they busted a good fan-ship with Vanessa and Ferb, pairing her up with a Universal Man called Johnny who appeared for 2 episodes with no personality.

...all in all, watch the first few seasons, skip the others...or just watch P&F for the songs...
  • How can one describe this show? Well, its definitely what I would call a mixed bag. There are some really good things about it, but then again, there are some really awful things as well.

5.5
    Phineas and Ferb is a show that can be entertaining at times I'll have to admit, but it can also be really off the wall too.

One of the good things about this the constant struggle of Candace trying to bust her brothers. Yea, I know its a gag that gets old, but I still thinks it's funny. Every episode, when it looks likes she's gonna finally bust them, something goes wrong, and they're cleared of any punishment. I just laugh at the reaction of Can dance when she fails. It's a riot! As for the cast of characters, most of them are very likable. Phineas is kind of a cool kid, though I don't know how he comes up with all these inventions so quickly. Can dance is another I enjoy watching, as she's just what I would call your average teen girl, trying to act cool and win over her crush, Jeremy. I also enjoy Stacey in the show, as she's like the exact opposite of Can dance, someone who tries to talk sense in her crazy friend's mind. And last, but certainly not least, I have to give some respect to Isabella, Phineas' love interest. While she doesn't contribute much to the show, who can deny she looks cute and absolutely adorable? A solid character I might add.

But, other than that, this show really is bad I hate to say.

Where do I start? Well, let's start with the fact it has one of the lamest villains ever made, in Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. He is not just incompetent, he's a complete buffoon. Tell me, do you know anyone else who would actually put a self destruct button on the inside where the hero could easily press it? What was he thinking? He's so pathetic, I actually believe his daughter Vanessa could do a better job. I mean, at least she looks the part as a villainess.

Or how about the fact a platypus from a secret organization is the only who can stop him? What, are you telling me none of the people apart of that spy group can stop that moron Doofenshmirtz except for him? Seriously, even Phineas could stop Doofenshmirtz if he tried. He is not a threatening villain at all.

And then the songs in the show... Man o man, talk about bad! Some of them though are ok, but most of them are just crap! I seriously wonder why they have songs anyway? Does it really add anything to the show at all? I do not think so at all.

All and all, this show isn't horrible, but it definitely is not a classic. It very childish, too over the top goofy and just not that realistic. I mean, I can accept the fact they were trying to make a show about a kid's wild imagination, but could they not have at least kept it a bit realistic? I mean, there is no way things like a 3 mile drop from a roller coaster or getting an underwater package makes any sense. I guess its not supposed to, but to me, it just doesn't work.
  • Best Disney cartoon

This is one of the best shows I have ever seen. It's about two step-brothers named Phineas and Ferb, who are on a summer vacation, and they find ways to spend it. But, their older sister, Candace, is always aware of their plans, and she tries to get them in trouble, but her plans always fail. Meanwhile, their pet platypus, Perry, is a secret agent who always finds ways to foil the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz's plans to rule the world. They are such good arch-nemesises. I also like Dr. Doofenshmirtz because of his German accented voice. His daughter, Vanessa, is also really cute.
  • My Thoughts about Phineas and Ferb

This is by far the Best Disney Cartoon at the moment. Other than Phineas's head, everything seems to be proportionate, and I always love comedies about Geniuses. Though at times it is a bit random, it beats out all of those other weird Cartoons on Disney in my honest opinion. Perry the Platypus is my favorite part of the randomness, they go off and do/build something exciting and Perry just disappears and goes on a mission to stop Dr. Doofensmirtz. Candace trying to get them in trouble, however, is a stupid part to me within the "Show", it's just senseless. Heh.
  • Phineas and Ferb try and do everything that is fun, Candance tries to bust them, and Perry the Platapus fights his mortal enemy.

I thought Phineas and Ferb's imagination is off the chain! I don't know what is Candance's problem with it, they are not hurting anyone and they would never embarass her. I guess Candance is jealous because she is not very creative. She needs to get a life; like hanging out with her friends or Jeremy. And as her Perry, doesn't he ever get tired of taking down Dr. Doofensheertz and foils his ridiculous evil plans? And why doesn't Dr. Doofensheertz try take over the world instead of the Danville tri-state area like a regular villian? I hope they make an episode where Phineas, Ferb, and Candance find out that Perry is a secret agent, that would be so cool.
  • lol

i dont usually pay attention to the phineas and ferb plot
    perry the plattypus: brilliant i love it its just lol class funny i mean you have a wannabe villain who cant tell a spoon from a fork and a crossing storyline but er the p&f plots are normally unimaginative but its forgiveable. random word time: negkysgadfn ag k gkig gkki fg rkg krzg , g fkij rg kjdkigvser ed uirglkdgkisgkjd g hghihug i iu sedhsediugh ui i uhgjdli iill hi ls hlii slsuhli lh sli uisdig il sdkklsdyhku y fkull ykufd kul kl kfd ykl kl fh hf cake.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10