Phineas and Ferb

Friday 8:00 PM on Disney Channel Premiered Aug 17, 2007 In Season

Phineas and Ferb Fan Reviews page 8 of 11

• Ah Phineas and Ferb...the best show on EARTH!

Y e a h , P N F i s A W E S O M E times 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ! T h e r e is a r e a s o n w h y I a m d o i n g all the spaces: for higher word count. So to repeat: MY FAVORITE SHOW!!!!!! To raise it: l l ll l l l l l l l l l l l l l ll ll l l l l l
  • We see the same basic plot over and over again...........

Eh, personally I don't get what everyone likes about this show. Most of the episodes are just Phineas and Ferb build something, Perry the Platypus goes off and fights Dr. Doofenshmertz (sp?), Candace tries to bust Phineas and Ferb, and then something from the Perry the Platypus and Dr. Doofenshmertz side plot gets rid of any evidence that Phineas and Ferb built something crazy. It gets old after a while. There are some episodes that don't follow the usual basic plot, and these episodes are more entertaining than the others, but I think that all the episodes should be that unique. It's not like the usual episodes are carbon copies of each other, but they're ARE pretty similiar, and a change would be nice.

Also, we just see this basic plot with no explanation why. Why's Perry a secret agent? There are many questions that are never answered. The only really good thing about this series is that you can watch the episodes from time to time nad not have to learn about everything you missed.
  • Phineas and Ferb is Ferb-tastic. :D I had low hopes for this series at first, it doesn't belong on Disney, it should be on Cartoon Network or Nick.

When I first learned of this show I thought, "Oh no, it's made by Disney, just like Hannah Montanna, Johnas Brothers and all those other terrible shows/bands/franchises etc, however, when I first saw Phineas and Ferb I said to myself, "Well it's definately miles better than anything on Disney it better than Modern SpongeBob episodes" I continued watching and I came to a conclusion...Yes, this show is far much better than the new episodes of SpongeBob RepetitivePants.

Phineas and Ferb is set in a city that's based off of Dan Povenmires childhood town, Mobile in Alabama. In this town which is known as Danville there are many residents including, Phineas and Ferb, their sister Candace, a girl named Isabella who has her own brigade, a mad scientist named Doofenshmirtz, a platypus named Perry and a whole lot of other characters. Each character has their own colourful personality which just contributes to the shows that even a real word?

Each episode consists of two main sub plots combining into one, Phineas and Ferb and Perry the Platypus. Phineas and Ferb is basically Phineas and Ferb creating some bizarre machine or invention while Perry the Platypus focuses on Agent P, who is basically Phineas and Ferbs pet Platypus named Perry who is actually a secret agent who is often called off to go battle a mad scientist named Dr. Doofenshmirtz, who isn't as mad as he seems but he plays a big part to the story because his actions are usually what cause Candace to look like a complete idiot when she tells her mom that Phineas and Ferb have created some giant machine yet...Doofenshmirtz and Perry's skirmishes destroy it before she even sees it making Candace look stupid infront of her mother, however, there was one episode where Phineas and Ferb finally got caught!

The only thing that bothers me a little about this show is the constant singing in it, it reminds me of Sonic Underground because nearly every episode has a song in it, however, the singing is relatively good and some of the songs are really really catchy.

Anyways, this show still has alot of potential and we're only just done with Series 2, hopefully this series will continue on for a long, long time.

8.5/10.0 = A-
  • relatively fresh entertainment

One thing that I have to say about p and f is that it is pretty good comedy. When I first saw the trailers for this show, I thought that it would only mount to more stupid, backlot animated substitution for real entertainment (much like Camp Lazlo did a few years back). When I first tuned in, I was proved wrong. This show delivers its own brand of fresh comedy, funny situations (planned out so well that I'm surprised that the producers didn't copy them from another show at some point), and family values, with the title characters (Phineas and Ferb) not turning out to be snobby and cruel little brothers, but actually desiring to express their love for their sister, Candace, and trying to make her happy. For ONCE, great show, Disney Channel.
  • When I first heard of this show, I thought it was going to be terrible. But I was completely wrong...

This show is about Phineas and Ferb, two stepbrothers that can make a summer day anything but ordinary! I just love this show, the best parts would have to be how Candace is always getting the bad luck. Hilarious! Now, like I said before, I thought this show was going to be terrible when I first heard of it. But after watching "Lawn Gnowe Beach Party of Terror!" (the first episode I saw) on New Year's Eve, I started gaining interest. This show is getting better and better and there will be nothing that the two boys will not do. A great choice for people of all ages.

• If you're a fan of old-school Disney, then this cartoon should suit you just fine.

If you would, take a moment to recall the Dark Age of Disney Channel. For the uninformed, I refer to the period when numerous live-action shows were causing the premature ends of many cartoons on Disney Channel. The many years of seeing Disney Channel's backlog of self-made stars was somewhat brought to an end when a new cartoon was introduced about two years back. So if you haven't watched this show yet, then I suggest you do so to thank it for saving cartoons on that network.

I would say that Phineas and Ferb continues the trend of rather zany Disney Channel cartoons. We have a lot of imaginative characters with numerous settings that will engage the youngsters with a fun, exciting set-up and provide a surprising number of antagonists and some pretty good writing for those who want a good story. The show focuses on the two title characters, stepbrothers, as they look for ways to spice up what is otherwise a mundane summer vacation. As they go about building all sorts of crazy, just totally surreal inventions to create fun for everyone, the typical older-sibling-who-wishes-to-spoil-the-fun-for-the-characters, named Candace, constantly tries to catch them in the act and provide evidence to her parents. Not exactly the most original set-up, I know, but the other half of the show revolves around Agent P, who is typically seen masquerading as Perry the Platypus, the almost dormant pet that Phineas and Ferb keep. I can tell that this is not an afterthought because a lot of planning went into these sequences because they intertwine with the endeavors of Phineas and Ferb. As stated before, the idea of all these animal agents taking missions and fighting off a typically incompetent villain who's more of a comic relief really, as seen in many Disney Channel shows, is very surreal but for the mood of the show it fits.

Now if I may address a gripe here, it's that after a while all of the episodes start to look alike. What do I mean by this, you ask? Well, let's take a look at an episode. Phineas and Ferb get an idea for what they could do that day when the former notices that Perry the Platypus is missing. Agent P gets his mission and is deployed. Phineas and Ferb start building their invention and Candace takes notice. Agent P arrives at the stronghold of antagonist Dr. Doofenshmirtz (I think I spelt that right.) and is briefed on the intentions of the man, whose devices' name typically end in 'inator'. The two exploits continue and just when Candace seems ready to bust Phineas and Ferb, the invention and usually the machine of Doofenshmirtz simultaneously disappear and Perry returns to the boys. This is the layout for almost every episode I've seen and quite frankly, the show has an overall repetitious nature. You're going to be hearing the same quotes, the same characters, and seeing eerily similar plots in every episode. It can be grating after a while. Along with that, you've got some plots that I'm sure some people will find quite mindless and really feels like something that was perhaps half-baked. With that said, I find that at other times the writing is often very good in each episode and they can all be entertaining if watched in small doses.

Another step in the right direction is the art style that this cartoon takes. While animation giants Pixar and DreamWorks continue to dominate the film world with some extravagant CGI, Disney Channel went with a 2-D style for this show. The end results look very good with fluidly animating characters, often humorous character designs, and a lot of pseudo-3-D designs namely for the inventions of Phineas and Ferb. The backgrounds have a good number of details and there are a surprising number of environments that are all crafted quite wonderfully. If you're an animation fan who dreams of a return to form, then the style of Phineas and Ferb should suit you just fine.

Phineas and Ferb is lyrical. I mean, the show is very, very lyrical. And I really can't stress this enough…lyrical. If you don't like musical sequences, this show may not be for you. There is simply too much singing, way too much of it. Too many theme songs and just a lot of music that really could have been left out. To its credit, however, the songs can actually be quite good. The implemented rhythms and variety of styles can be quite entertaining but there are going to be times when you want to get back to the exploits of Phineas and Ferb or Perry the Platypus and you wish the vocalists would shut up.

Aside from that gripe, the show features a lot of very well-done voice work even though you can tell that Disney Channel resorted to their backlog of self-made stars for numerous characters but even then I think you'll be alright with it. The characters all have a personality that has been built on since they were introduced. Unlike a lot of other cartoons, there aren't very many throwaway characters here because each one has been the center of an episode at one point or another and you will get attached to these characters regardless of whether you like them or not.

There is just a lot to experience in Phineas and Ferb, whether you're watching it as a cartoon fan and just showing your support, an imaginative person who just wants to see something that is surreal and entertaining, or just watching it for what it is and taking in all the characters, stories, and perhaps many songs. The bottom line is you're going to have fun. That said, I don't find the show to be perfect. I do have some gripes with it, namely the general repetitiveness of the show with the possible application of "You've seen one, then you've seen them all" being used and then there are the large number of songs that will definitely not agree with everyone who watches it. That noted, this is still a very, very good cartoon and I think a lot of longtime Disney fans would do themselves good to watch it at some point in the future. You've found the symbol of animation for the network now and see if we can get that to continue.

Animation: 8.5 – The characters look great, everything animates fluidly, and the entire show just looks very colorful and is appealing to the eye.
    Sound: 8.0 – Aside from some well-done voice work, there are a large number of songs that may not be everyone's cup of tea. That noted, a lot of songs are well-written as is the show in general.
    Fun Factor: 8.5 – It's very surreal and something that can possibly release the imagination within you whether you like the exploits of Phineas and Ferb or the agent atmosphere of the segments of Perry the Platypus.
    Appeal: 8.5 – The show has turned out to be very popular and has sparked new life in cartoons on Disney Channel so I think that this will appeal to just about anyone who's willing to take a chance and immerse themselves in it.

Final Score: 8.5 – This is a great cartoon and I highly recommend it.
  • man i like this show alot

Phineas and Ferb is great show at first i dindnt like it because of the animation i thougt itwas a kid show but after is wasnt that bad and i liked it keep up the good work disney channel even though i live in canada a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a sorry for all the a's 100 words minimum ya
  • an average cartoon

this is a average cartoon or some thing this is a bout 2 step brother call phineas and Ferb trying to figure what to do during the summer and they start with a roller coaster and after that they built any thing huge and impossible to build in their back yard and as always there is a worst character that character is candce phineas and Ferb's lame sister who is the bit#hest character and she is a wantabee who wants to get phineas and Ferb to get busted what a complete bi##h every one show hate her and one of the best thing about this show is that the boys have a pet Pyauplus name Perry who is a sercet agent
  • Strange, addictive and funny.

There are the three words that I would use to describe this show. At first, you would say that this series is very bad, because you always have the same plot and the same characters, but it's actually one of the funniest animated series ever done by Disney, since Kim Possible.

The series tells us the adventures and misadventures of brothers Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher, who spend each and every day of their Summer vacations coming up with crazy inventions and plans to have fun. While these two cook up just anything with their bright imagination, their sister Candance tries desperately to bust them, by telling their mom what their up to, usually failing (Still, she loves her brothers and has save them when these two get into trouble). Let's not forget that sometimes she tends to participate in their schemes, because she also likes to have fun. Other characters include Isabella, Baljeet Patel, Buford Van Stomm, and of course, let's not forget Perry the Platypus and Dr. Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, who end up creating mass madness in the series. The animation is solid gold, and the characters are quite good too. Not to mention that the many songs that we hear are just amazing!

The voice cast is to die for. Vincent Martella, Thomas Sangster, Ashley Tisdale, Dee Bradley Baker, Alyson Stoner, Caroline Rhea, Mitchell Musso, Kelly Hu, are just some of the actors who make this series one of a kind, and unforgetable in all aspects. 10 out of 10!
  • A Disney show that I actually enjoy watching. Everyone complains about animation, music or repetition. The animation is cute. Just roll with it and see how fun it can be. The music is OK. Not bad. And the repetition works out well after a few episo

Phineas and Ferb is utter hilarity. The show that I never grow tired of watching. Every episode has such well delivered humor that both children and adults can enjoy if they just sit through the episode with an open mind.

When I first heard of this show I thought that it would be utter stupidity. My sister had watched it a few times and actually liked it. I thought she was crazy. Just the animation alone and seemingly repetative plots were enough to make me hate it without watching.
    I think that this is how most people view it. They see one episode, or bits and pieces from certain episodes, or even just commercials for it and instantly dislike the show. They don't pick up on the twists in the usual plot that every episode takes. Or the added humor that just makes you feel good to know that you picked up on it.

There's just a very fun and lively humor to this show that it hard to express in cartoons nowadays.

There's no better way to spend an early Saturday morning than in bed watching this show.
    Thumbs up to Phineas and Ferb, the only currently airring comedic cartoon that I can enjoy watching.
  • It gets repetitive...

The show is pretty good when it first started, but it gets more and more repetitive as the episodes go by.

It's the same plot almost every episode: Phineas and Ferb decide to do something extraordinary. Candace then tries to get them in trouble by calling her mom. At the same time, Perry the platypus tries to stop Doofenschmirtz and his evil (mostly really stupid) plans. Then just as Candace's mom comes along, somehow Doofenschmirtz managed to destroy Phineas and Ferb's creations. This happens every single time!

Overall, I gave it a 7/10 and hopefully, this show would improve once it gets some new and fresh ideas, instead of just recycling those old ones.
  • My first impression of Phineas and Ferb was that it was going to be another cheesy Disney cartoon. Actually, it's an alright show.

I didn't know what to expect from Phineas and Ferb. I had heard about it a few times at school and on Disney channel but I never paid much attention to it. Honestly, I could care less about a new Disney cartoon. With the way cartoons are going these days, why would I even bother to look at it? But, one day, my little brother came in my room looking for something to watch and turned it to Phineas and Ferb. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed the show! It was really funny and reminded me of the really old Mickey Mouse cartoons...

Phineas and Ferb is a cartoon about two brothers that come up with something weird and new to do each day and their crazed sister that's obsessed with busting them. It also has a sideplot of their pet platypus (yes, platypus) that's really an undercover secret agent.

I've been able to watch every single episode of Phineas and Ferb yet and love every one of them. I can't wait till the new season and I think I'll continue watching Phineas and Ferb for a very, very long time.
  • Two boys become stepbrothers.Sounds familiar.

The concept of Phineas and Ferb is mildly interesting, but its pulled off badly. Disney tried to make an animated Drake and Josh with a twist of building things. It is not pulled off well.Then the subplot of Candace trying to catch them and show her mom, not funny at all. They the other sub-plot, their platypus is a secret agent. Absolutely horrible. He always fights the same villian who is always making some machine that ends with -inatorinator. It's worse than it sounds. Now while it may deliver a chuckle once or twice it is so minor that i would never recommend this show.
  • It's cute and funny. I love the songs and the animation.

2 brothers build crazy things such as a tree house robot fort, crazy water slides and submarines. How funny! And their pet, a "normal" platypus is actually a secret agent who is called "Agent P" and fights the evil Dr. Heinz Doofenshmurtz (I'm not sure if that is how you spell his name) It had the same plot in the first few episodes, but then they switched it around a little and made new things happen. They sing a lot too, and the songs they sing are very catchy. Especially when they translate it into another language. Phineas and Ferb is good in any language. It is also kind of funny, and even though the characters look very simple to draw (which they are, I've tried drawing them myself), the animation is great, even though the characters have mostly simmilar designs. (The ones in the background, not main ones) Overall, this show is excellent!
  • It's about two step brothers who build stuff.

This is an amazing show with clever and exciting story lines. All the characters are well thought out and the voice actors are great. All the episodes are well planned and Doofenshrmirtz is a great character it is funny how the Linda always comes home when Doffs deleted the evidence of Phineas and ferb. The voice actors include Ashly Tisdale, Mitchael Musso and Dan Povenmire. The songs are great with great words and rhythms. There are also some great one liners. None of the story lines are the same. the only reason I did not give it a 10 is because the theme song is not that great.
  • WAY too repetitive!

Two step brothers named Phineas and Ferb are spending their summer vacation building a bunch of stuff in their backyard, it has a simple plot and this show was awesome for maybe I would say 5-6 episodes, but then after that every episode starts to be the same. Phineas and ferb build something their older sister, Candace tries really hard to get her brothers in trouble and tell mom, which backfires and the brothers get away with anything! I just wish those two boys would get in trouble for once,I mostly feel bad for candace most of the time, they are so annoying! Mostly everything is the same in this show, I'm not saying I really hate the show, I just liked the first few episodes, then it got out of hand...
  • I actually really liked it.

I actually really liked it. Well I only saw half an episode ocs thats all we got as the sneak peak "Roller Coaster" and I thought it was really good. It was really funny aswell. I like it when there on the rolar coaster and Phineas goes "Any body want fries?" and "Any body want a croissant?" anndd my favourite "This is the part when you go A-A-A-A-, then they go A-A-A-A-" I was actually Lmao - Laughing my ass off. I didn't think I would laugh but I did! :) .. I like Candice. Its funny how when she see's the boys get into trouble and then gets her mum and comes back and everything is back to normal. The mum is funny aswell! Overall I think it is a great show and look forward to seeing future episodes. Hopefully they will be as good as Rollervoaster! :D
  • It's hard to judge Phineas and Ferb after one episode.

When I first saw Phineas and Ferb, I thought that the animation was really bad, so I thought that the show would be bad too. I was wrong. I really liked it, even if I've only seen one episode. I thought that Phineas and Ferb was subtly funny. It didn't have a lot of physical comedy, but some of the comments that they make, or some of the things that happen are funny. I really thought that Phineas and Ferb would not be very good, but I think that it was way better that I expected. I hope that they change the animation, but other than that, the show is very good.
  • cute!

Phineas and Ferb is about 2 step-brothers who are always up to no good but never seem to get caught. The show aired right after High School Musical 2 and has some very talented voices in it. Ashley Tisdale was amazing one of the only reasons the show even semed worth watching to me and Mitchel Musso who is by far one of the best Disney actors ever is in it though I don't his character was in the first episode. Anyways its a good show very funny and Ashley Tisdale is in it!! That is probably the best thing about it!!
  • One of my favorites.

I really like this show. It isn't my favorite TV show, that is SpongeBob. But Phineas and Ferb is getting there. I like this show because it has some really funny jokes in it, and most episodes are really funny. I don't watch this show TOO much, and I don't know if I've seen all the episodes (If not I know I'm close), from what I've seen this show is really good. But the newer episodes they've been making don't interest me as much as the older episodes do. Also some of the earlier songs in the show are the best for me. I like this show.
  • A great show to watch........definitely worth tuning in for on the Disney Channel when it comes on. One of the best shows out there!

Though repetetive, yes, but it is very amusing, especially the schemss that Phineas and Ferb do, as well as the battles between Perry and Doofenschmirts. Overall, this is a great show to watch. I do wish we can see how the origin of Perry versus Doofenschmirtz started, but otehr than that, the songs are great, the plot lines are great, the characters themsleves are fun to watch to see how they interact with each other. I am the biggest fan of the inventions that Phineas and Ferb come up with to enjoy thier vacations.......I wish I could be as creative as they are in coming up with inventions that will make any summer day "the best summer day ever".
  • Its okay.... but It needs major fine tuning

PHinease and ferb is about two boys do everything before there summer break ends.First let me explain the animation in this its probably one of the worst looking cartoon shows Ive seen...well theres also the show pelswick.but anyways they have a sister named candice Who always try to snitch on them but fails all the time.So the story is very repitive .IT kind of makes me sad that we have lazy artists and writers Who dosent seem to look like they take there time or effort to make a good show.In fact almost all of disney programs looks as if they took this path as well.what makes it even more sadder its on disney channel .The company I knew that made beautiful animated movies lost most of its touch over the years after walt disney passed away. This show is not showing any hope for disney.And Im begining to lose hope on them too.

4.0 out of 10.00 sounds decent
  • A show about two brothers trying to make each summer day better than the last and a platypus that lives a double life. What more can you ask for!?

When I first heard of this show, I admit that I was a bit skeptical of it because it was a Disney show. But when I saw my very first episode, I realized that it was totally awesome. I mean, Phineas and Ferb are just two regular boys who want to enjoy their summer, and they have a paranoid sister who doesn't approve of their activities, a loving family, great friends, and a secret agent platypus.

The funny parts are definitely Perry's battles with his nemesis, Dr. Doofenshmirtz. The guy's a nut with a good heart who's just lost his way. Plus, I love the way Phineas's friend, Isabella, has a huge crush on him and doesn't know about it. That's a big flaw with these kinds of shows IMO: wait until the series finale to let the main characters fall in love. The viewers lose interest. But it's still pretty cute to watch.

The only thing I cannot stand about this show is Candace's attitude towards her brothers for being so creative, and it seems to get worse as the series progresses. If the creators were to just fix that, then this show would be totally perfect.
  • Half unrealistic, half realistic but a hilarious show. This review is exactly in 100 words (not including this summary)

The plot of Phineas and Ferb is not what makes it so great. It is the characters, songs, randomness and above all, humor. I have made several blog entries titled "What is your favourite Phineas and Ferb song?" and another one "What is your favourite Doofhinshmirtz Jingle?". Another thing great about Phineas and Ferb is that the episodes relate to each other. That is, if a question, event or quote happens in one episode it has effect on all the following episodes. My favoutite character is Doofhinshmirtz and my favourite song is either "Perry" or "The Aglet song". Goldstems- out.
  • One of my favorites.

I love this show! It's about step-brothers Phineas and Ferb building crazy contraptions and unpurosely making their sister Candace crazy! I think it's one of the best shows on Disney Channel!
  • ...

phineas and ferb is about two stepbrothers who have huge imaginations. every day they come up with great ideas, but their abnoxious older sister candace always wants to bust them for the stuff they do, which i dont get why. they have a pet platypus named perry who is actually a secret agent. perry always tries to foil the evil dr.doofenshmirtz plans and perry always wins. candace always calls her mom to tell her what phineas and ferb are doing, but dr. doofenshmirtz ineventions always make them dissapear, so candaces mom thinks shes crazy. a very funny show. plz visitt my profile!
  • This is soo dumb

Ok so i get the whole series thing and all that but who has a fighting platipus or however you spell it i mean the thing walks around making tht dumb annoying sound that it makes and then it goes under ground to a secret layer and gets these awsome fighting powers out of nowhere like the power rangers i mean come on and everyone know that these kida are not that smart you just giving younger kids the idea that it is ok to mess with stuff when it isn't also what girl has that much trouble talking to a guy most of the people i know it was the guy with the self confidence issue and was scared of the girl i think they should take this show off the air rethink the whole show then bring it back out at a later date
  • Probably the best Disney show I've seen in their ideas so far.

I was suprised to find that a show I randomly checked out because it was on, was so good. Though it only started with 15 minute segments, it now goes on for an almost full half an hour, which I love. A show that is not like most disney shows, Phineas and Ferb provides Cute and charming humour that can make anyone, of any age, laughing for a while. It has great running gags and amazing characters. Not only that, but it has catchy tunes that will keep you singing wherever you are. All in all, I'd have to say that this show is definitely worth watching...and watching over and over again after that!
  • The platypus detective, the HILARIOUS crazy evil genius, the two brothers who only want to have a good summer day by doing something outrageously crazy, and the sister who tries to bust her brothers but gets ironically gets thwarted by the evil genius.

This show is GENIUS.
    The ironic happenings, coincidences, the flukes. GREAT show.

The cool thing about this show is the ever-so-changing plot. Every episode is a different day and a different setting for the two boys. One day they're on the beach and another day they've made a rollercoaster in their back yard.

The show is also somewhat a musical. It has different songs every episode and they are different genres, which provides so much variety in this show.

The evil genius needs his own paragraph. He does stupid things, like making a "Make up your mind" machine. That's where Perry the Platypus comes in. He always stops the evil genius, but there's always a tiny permanent change.

It's one of the best feel-good shows.
  • Great kids' show. Could this be the new Sponge-Bob?

This cartoon is a masterpiece! Phineas and Ferb has cute animation and exciting plots, plus a secret agent that happens to be a platypus, wrapped up into one show. The main characters are good role-models, which isn't common with today's entertainment for children. Phineas and Ferb inspire kids to let their minds think up big ideas. There are two glitches I see: 1) The show is routine. The same things happen, which can sometimes be cute, but after awhile the outcome can be boredom. 2) Candice, Phineas and Ferb's older sister, isn't respective towards her brothers, and neither is the evil villian (I can't remember his name at the moment). Obviously, this show wouldn't be as exciting without the two, but it's still a problem. All-in-all, Phineas and Ferb is an adorable show that is better than any other cartoon out there today!
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11