Phineas and Ferb

Disney Channel (ended 2015)

Phineas and Ferb Fan Reviews (328)

• This show is great.

This show is great. Not as amazing as SVSTFOE and GF, but still rocks. GREAT SHOW!
  • I Liked it, But It Was Only A Good Show To Me, Not A Great One

Phineas & Ferb is a likeable, kind hearted show that does have some creativity to it, and it does work with most of the stories they tell, even if I wasn't as invested in part of the main plot for each episode as I was with the other part. The plot involves two likeable & curious boys named Phineas, who creates ideas on what they will do "today". The other is Ferb, who is the brains of the duo. This part of every episode involves them building new things to do cool activities in the 104 days of Summer they have, without having Candace their sister spoiling the beans on the parents. This is the first part of the plot of most of each episode that I honestly wasn't that interested in. They were absolutely creative and they for the most part succeed in good writing, but that honestly repeated itself every episode & I felt like I was getting a bit tired of it. The other part of the plot, which is some of the best of the entire show, involves their pet platypus named Perry who goes undercover as a detective to find out what a mad scientist is doing in order to I suppose take over the world(or something). The mad scientist I think is the greatest character of the show, he is hilarious with what he says, his ideas, & his reactions to everything. The platypus, though he doesn't talk, I honestly think has this cool personality, he had me more interested in himself than I was in the actual sister character. Overall: Phineas & Ferb is a respectful, fun, & charming show for kids of any age that even though it repeats its main plots throughout every episode, it still gives creative ways of telling those two plots, & it does have some very memorable characters. Not one of the best Disney created, but it's a good one.

3/4 Stars
  • why did it ever cancel?

How Phineas and Ferb build awesome designs of machines and lots of others!

Keep this airing nonstop Disney Channel!
  • My favorite show of the history of Disney Channel

Great characters, intelgent humor, awesome and memorable songs, great script, in another words this is my favoirte show of Disney channel, a show with the spirti of the cartoons of the 90.
  • Surprisingly underrated

Don't listen to the haters-- Phineas and Ferb deserves a lot more love than it gets. This is the only Disney Channel cartoon I've ever laughed at.
  • Love It

I loved this show. Rock On Phineas and Ferb, Rock On.
  • Love it

• Started off clever and charming but got old

Phineas and Ferb started off as a wacky offbeat show that got viewers hooked on it but it became repetitive with almost every episode and plot revolving around the two stepbrothers building some device, creating some invention, or going on some outlandish adventure just to annoy their sister/stepsister Candace who can't prove it to the mom and dad. (Yeah you can't do that forever unless your audience is either brainwashed or just a bunch of die hards for this It did introduce other fun and funny characters like Perry the Platypus with their own plot lines that gets other to watch for those reasons. Although I do admit some of the songs are catchy and fun to listen to which makes this show even more addicting. At least the creators don't treat all audience members as dumb which I have to give them points for that. Many of the jokes are funny but it was annoying that for a while that there seems to be no other cartoons on Disney Channel besides this for a long while.
  • Deserves All the Love it Receives and More

This show is among the funniest, cleverest, most brilliant to come out within the last ten years. It appeals to a wide variety of people, it's catchy, the writing is smart and I really like all of the characters. This show is also so nice and pleasant to watch. Some of the jokes... Oh my god there's hilarious. I love it when they refer to the Wildebeest as agent silent G (Gnu is another name for Wildebeest). It's jokes like that, which may go over a child's head, which are the most enjoyable. And, maybe they don't. The creators don't treat children like they're stupid, and I really admire that. They know part of the fun is trying to figure out why something is funny in the first place. I would recommend showing this to your kids, if you have any. But honestly, it's even more enjoyable as an adult.
  • I like it.

Not that funny, but once you start watching it, it's addicting. It's doesn't make you laugh out loud, but the stories are really interesting, and although the plotlines are really childish (I mean come on. How lucky are they?) they are uniquely childish. They actually interest you, and the characters are great and steriotypical, which are the only way good kids show characters can be.
  • Terrible

I hate Phineas and Ferb along with Gumball and My Little Pony.
  • Defense to Phineas and Ferb

"Dan and Swampy are two of the most respected and proven show creators in the animation series business. They are incredibly gifted storytellers who have a track record of creating smart, original and relatable characters that are universally appealing to both kids and families.

This series has fresh, bold and intelligent characters, with complex arguments, and smart jokes that not underestimate the audience, since children are able to understand as well as adults.

So you're not too old not to see Phineas and Ferb.

Dan and Swampy never created simple and superficial characters. They were not traditional or stereotypical characters. They were original, complex and most of all, wonderful. Each in his own way.

In fact maybe too wonderful. Too all understand. That's why there have also been plenty of people who hated this series. While not all the characters were appreciated by the public and there have been some who had no pleasure at all, it is because we were very open. We had to see beyond.

Phineas and Ferb, for example, despite being only children, were extremely mature, full of patience and wisdom, respected their elders, respected his sister, helped and supported without thinking twice, and loved unconditionally, despite his tendency to want to accuse.

If you made mistakes and apologized recognized without difficulty. And despite its high efficiency and creativity they were always simple, humble and proud at all. And they shared their creations with all your friends.

Perry was a great platypus, he took over the affection of many, he became a character much loved by the public. It was quite professional, courageous, intelligent, very clever and highly skilled.

Despite all that, it still was not a god. Had defects (if, as hear, the had). And although Doof not possess the virtues of Perry, that this had lacked.

It was simple, open, sensitive, he enjoyed, he would not hurry, lived in the moment and not matter what their intentions are bad or good, never concentrated only in them, unlike Perry, stopped to smell the roses and He is enjoying the ride. Inators enjoyed building and enjoyed being with his enemy. He was friendly with him and unconditionally always had a smile for him, but not the return.

Both learning every day more and more of the other and complemented each other.

Perry the platypus has been shown that despite all the fights and confrontations had great loyalty, and always showed the end be fond of his nemesis.

He proved his friendship helping on many occasions when perhaps no one else had.

Dr. Doofenshmirtz was a man who in spite of all their blunders or mistakes; it was tender, gentle, lively, enthusiastic and kindhearted.

It was not a flat character, full of contrasts. Arguably it was the character with the rounder, complete and multifaceted personality of the series. He could wake up all sorts of feelings in people, he was funny, he could make you laugh with his antics and occurrences, as it could also make you mourn for her horrible past. And as our dear friend said Plushy Berry in one of your articles and I quote <>

Perry has shown that could accompany and follow Doof to the ends of the world if necessary.

No matter what happens to Perry, no matter what problems and trances where you are.

Perry would stay by his side. And chapters as "Act Your Age" show us that stay together no matter no longer have to face the scientist.

We are almost at doors saying goodbye to the series, and with it so frequently and famous phrases today also know very well will. For instance:

"Ferb, I know what we're going to do today"

"Hey, Perry?"

"Hi, Phineas what are you doing?"

"They are in trouble!"

"There are too young to do that?"

"It's a platypus, does not do

And of course, one of the most famous:

"I curse you Perry The Platypus!!!

Phineas and Ferb the best TV Show in the history of Disney Channel
  • Worst and stupid and repeated formula over and over even after the show ends

Okay let me phrase to any fans who stupid enough didn't see the truth behind it. okay let me explain whats wrong with this show even after the show ended.

1-The writing

its the same thing like the writer have lost the ideas on the episode. even the special episode which have guest star its all the same thing! nothing change at all. This is absolutly changes nothing, if you hoping to find the episode without the singing then you out of luck because in every single episode there will be singing!. just my god it didnt care where ever you go and which place you go there will be singing!.

2-The characters

Some of the character were good but some were bad. For prime example is candace, serisouly! this girl alright! this fucking girl! the boys do something dangerous yes she calls her mom which it end up dissapear!, then when the boys do something non dangerous, guess what? she trying to bust them too. seriously!? how even jeremy fall in love a girl like this?! mad scientist who have a bad life because of an idiot parents he sure is stupid, i mean seriously? inator? everything is inator on his stuff! get something original! and what you wearing is not a fucking labcoat you fucking moron!

Major monogram or monobrow is really unfunny,stupid and why the hell rely on animal to be a secret agent? dont you goverment have oh i FUCKING SOLDIER!!

3-the musical

OH MY is insane! are you insane there writer? even the show ended i am not going to miss the show! no serisouly every single fucking episode, special episode and mini-movie there is a musical every single time! Its fucking driving you isnane that which making you throw a remote control through the televison screen! you guys really needs to stop with the musical theme on it!!

soo there you go, for fans of phineas guys a fucking morons liking this show, i used to loved this show but when watching it over and over with new episode its getting annoying and repetetive! if you a fans then i suggest leave the phineas and ferb fandom ASAP! its eating your soul! and i suggest you leave before its too late. those who fans of this show and still dont understand then you guys a moron that this show is going to screw you on your ass!

I retract anything positive I had previously said about this show. In my original review of Phineas and Ferb, I stated that the first season was good. Now, I am really convinced that NOTHING is even remotely good about this show. And here is why. I don't apologize for what I am about to say to any idiot Phineas nd Ferb fans out there who love this show, so I should get that out of the way first. As a fan of Disney classic movies such as Lady and the Tramp and The Lion King, it really is an insult whenever I see Phineas and Ferb and any other character from this fucking show on Disney-themed merchandise such as board games. Phineas and Ferb is not Disney, never was Disney, and will never be Disney. It's just a show created by people who previously were involved with Family Guy trying to make one of the worst kid shows ever. In fact, it is the worst. Shows like My Life as a Teenage Robot and Rugrats were not this horrible and wretched. The ONLY good thing about this show is that it has ended. All of the characters in this show (sans Perry the Platypus) are HORRIBLE, especially Candace, whom is WORSE than Jenny Wakeman, Angelica Pickles, Plankton, and Dora combined. Candace is the worst character I have ever seen in any media, and I think Ashley Tisdale should never voice another cartoon character again. I never want to see Candace's ugly face again, or Phineas', or any other character's for that matter. Thank CHRIST we now have an actual GOOD show like Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil playing on Disney, and we also have Girl Meets World, which isn't good, but at least it reminds me of the old days of sitcoms. So, yeah, FUCK PHINEAS AND FERB.
  • Phineas and Ferb: The most amazing and underratd show in the history of Disney Channel!!

To all the haters: Here's why we love Phineas and Ferb so much:

1- The writing:

The writing on the show is just outstanding. Every joke hits, and there's not even one episode that doesn't make the viewer laugh just a little. Jokes often connect with others from the same episode, and sometimes with jokes from other episodes. The jokes and references aren't random, they make sense. They don't make the viewer cringe, and there was never, never a bathroom joke, while other shows have plenty of them. It always treated the viewer with respect, and because of it we treat the show with respect as well.

2- The characters:

The characters are very well written and far away from stereotypes. Their personalities, instead of being only one quality, have many. Phineas, for example, is always very optimistic, but we've seen him breaking down sometimes (Summer Belongs to You, Across the Second Dimension). Candace herself said that being popular and good-looking is not important (S'Winter), and she only likes one guy and one guy only. Lawrence is one of the only dad's of animation that is not stupid. He's pretty funny, but also seems very responsible, like an adult should be. Vanessa, even though gotic, is not a b#tch because of it, and she really likes her dad, even though he's annoying sometimes. Dr. Doof is a little dumb, but far from braindead or downright stupid. The best jokes of the show come from him the majority of the time, and every single time he and Major Monogram are together, you're in for a good laugh. Same with Perry and Doofenshmirtz. The female characters are very well written, because they have their own goals and objectives instead of always being linked with boys and only boys. No character is mean. Candace only want to bust her brothers because of fairness. She doesn't want to bust her brothers because she want to see them suffer, she want to bust them because she knows she would be busted if she was in their place. When she sees she can't bust them, she joins the fun (It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World, Wizard of Odd). Baljeat is very smart, but he isn't egoist nor he calls someone dumb. Buford is self-proclamed bully, but we see he has a lot of consideration for he's friends. Overall, the characters are very well written and likeable

3- Actually Good Musical Numbers:

The musical numbers are very varied and smartly written. For starters, there's a lot of Rock and Metal (Watchin' and Waiting Gimme A Grade, Bouncin' Around The World, Robot Riot, Kick It Up A Notch, Football X-7, The Way of The Platypus, Evil For Extra Credit, Hockey Z-9), great Pop numbers (Busted, Summer Belongs To You, Floor After Floor, Brand New Best Friend, Everything's Better With Perry, Summer (Where Do We Begin), Big Brain, My Sweet Ride, Un-Untiable Knot, Jump Right To It, One Last Day Of Summer, Tomorrow Is This Morning Again). Without mentioning this show has a lot of different genres. There's 70s pop (Mini-Golf Queen), 80s eletronic (Alien Heart), Jazz (Der Kimderlumper, Army Of Me) and even country (Yodel' Obey Me). There's a little of everything for everyone.

4- It isn't repetitive because there's no build up:

This show is not story driven, it's comedy driven. Because of that, it doesn't get repetitive because the focus is always the characters and the story takes a backseat. We don't go into an episode to see if candace will succed, we go to see how she will fail. We know that Perry's going to defeat Doofenshmirtz, so we want to see what's his new scheme is and how Perry's going to defeat him. It doesn't create expectations, so it doesn't bore us. A good example is the Roadrunner. We know that the Coyote will fail, but we still enjoy it imensely. We never expect the Coyote to win because we don't expect him to. Same with Phineas and Ferb, we know that Candace's going to fail, so we don't expect her to win. This, in turn, makes the show anything but repetitive, since the focus is always the intricate comedy.

5- Good until the end:

Different from what a lot of people think, the quality the show only decreased slightly. When you think about it, no other cartoon has managed to stay so tight and consistent after seven years in the air. The comedy was still great, and even when they were going trough a lack of ideas, they refused to give up, which gave us great episodes even towards the very end. The decrease in quality was natural and unevitable, and it passed trough the harder phases a lot better than others shows in their seasonal rots. Heck, the two last episodes are considered one of the best of the entire show. This show avoided seasonal rot entirely.

So there it is. That's why we love Phineas and Ferb so much. It's a very consistent show that definitively left it's mark in the world of animation. I wouldn't be surprised if this show gets remembered as a classic in the near future. It's just that good.
  • I don't understand the hate this show gets.

It's a nice series for both children and adults.
  • Phineas and Ferb

Its my favorite series i love it
  • Underrated show

Phineas and Ferb is proof that a children's show can have excellent script, memorable characters, catchy songs and good morals.
  • Biggest cash cow cartoon in Disney Channel History

You think this show is better than the teen sitcoms on Disney??!! GUESS AGAIN!!!! Phineas and Ferb really sucks as a whole!! Nothing makes sense!!! I hate this cartoon so much. This is literally the worst Disney Channel show ever made. WATCH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS!!!! Watch Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Kim Possible, Star vs the Forces of Evil, OR EVEN THE NEW MICKEY MOUSE!!!!! ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS CRAP!!!!
  • More like Pingas and Nerd.

This show sucks cock. I'm going to review this shit one by one.

Plot: explanable in only 5 sentences:

Ferb,I know what we're going to do today!

Where's Perry?

Behold, the WTFinator!

Curse you Perry the platypuss!

Oh, there you are Perry!

Characters: idiotic. Pingas is always a fucking genius and never cares about his mum or anything. Nerd is equal to Pingas, only mute. Peesabella is just a useless character that pretty much annoys the crap out of me EVERY time with her stupid whatcha dooin catchphrase. Indian kid is stupid. Pooford is another useless character. The rest are PRETTY MUCH THE SAME, USELESS.

Animation: SHIT. Just like Uncle Grandpa. Plus, the songs are spastic.

This is a really annoying and repetitive show. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!!
  • Overrated and Extremely Repetitive!!

Oh god, there are so many things wrong with this show. For one, the same thing happens in every episode. Yeah, Phineas and Ferb have a different idea, but half of the words spoken are the same in EVERY episode. I understand that most cartoons have repetitive plotlines, but this is probably the most repetitive cartoon I've ever seen. Also, the whole Perry vs Doof storyline is a blatant, and really bad, ripoff of one of my all-time favorite shows, Kim Possible. As for the show's main plot, here's what Phineas and Ferb is all about:

Phineas and Ferb get bored. Then Phineas gets an inspiration to do something and says "Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today", followed by "Hey, where's Perry?" Then Perry goes through some kind of hole or opening (Because Major Monogram seems to have the entire world connected to Perry's little secret base), gets his instructions and goes off to fight Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Meanwhile, Phineas' & Ferb's mom leaves to run an errand, and leaves Candace in charge, who tries really, really hard to bust Phineas and Ferb. The two kids order parts for their large creations (I still have no idea how they can pay for them). The delivery guy asks them "Aren't you a little young to-", followed by Phineas answering "Yes. Yes we are". Then cue Isabella, "Hi Phineas. Whatcha dooin'?" Meanwhile Perry gets to Doofenshmirtz Evil but gets immediately captured (You'd think he'd have figured out the pattern after doing it so many times). Then Doof tells a backstory, followed by "Behold! The --inator! (Seriously, can't he think of something else?). The kids get their contraption together, cue the pointless musical number thats always gonna be awful. Candace sees it and rushes to get her mom. Perry then breaks out of his trap and easily beats Doof, he screams "Curse you, Perry the Platypuuus!!", and his invention destroys P&Fs invention before their mom can see it, so Candace is left looking a little crazy to her. Finally, Perry shows up and Phineas goes "Oh, there you are, The End. There you go. That's your whole show.

For another thing, most of the characters of this show are not very likable. Especially Candace, who's whole life, apart from trying to bust her brothers, revolves around Jeremy. And why does she care so much about busting them anyway? Is she actually younger than her brothers but just had a growth spurt early? Or is she just really that immature and crazy? She's especially despicable when she tries to bust Phineas and Ferb when they try to help her out, like in Moon Farm or even on Phineas' birthday. Seriously, what a bitch! Also, Doofenshmirtz completely fails as a villain, not to mention annoying with all his ramblings, and he's not funny. I'll admit though that Phineas and Ferb themselves are pretty nice kids, and are the best characters in the show. Also, there's not anything really inappropriate in Phineas and Ferb, so it's a good show for little kids I guess.

In closing, Phineas and Ferb isn't good. It's plot is annoyingly repetitive, and it's B-plot is trying too hard to be like a much better Disney cartoon. And I completely HATE the fact that this show actually surpassed Kim Possible's record of the longest running animated Disney Channel Original Series. Yes, Phineas and Ferb actually made it to FIVE seasons! God, kill me! The fans can hate me all they want, but It's just my opinion, Phineas and Ferb is one of the most overrated cartoons ever made and unless your a little kid, its not worth watching.
  • Therry

show is not sooooo good.
  • Phineas & Ferb

This animated show is just amazing I love their innovative ideas and innovative planning and structures they create! secondly everything they crate vanishes or disappears before their mom could see!!! 3

• A mix of awesomeness and creativity

At the start of Season 4, I was quite excited (I watched the movie a week before the first episode aired), and when I saw the first episode, I said: "hey, this is cool!". Than the other episodes came, and it started feeling repetitive. I stopped watching the show. Recently, I saw a trailer to the newest episode that's gonna air next Monday, and I decided to catch up. I loved it! I got my faith into the show again, and when I saw the "Night of the Living Pharmasists" Halloween special, I loved it! An honest 9.5/10! It deserves it!
  • Nauseating

This show is just the same garbage episode over and over again. The characters are unlikable (Except for the villain, he's mediocre) and they are very boring and bland, and I seriously get disgusted watching them. This is the plot summed up:

Phineas: I'm going to build something.. also where's Perry?

*builds thing*

Cadance: OMG moooooooom Phineas built the thing!

Villain: Haha perry this machine-inator will destroy blah blah blah

*machine ends up destroying Phineas's thing*

Cadance: Wutt where did Phineas's thingy gooo?

Phineas: oh there's perry

SERIOUSLY the show is just the same thing over and over. Plus, the songs are spastic, annoying and not catchy.
  • Creative at first, recycled and stagnating now

The show was quite creative at first, incorporating ideas that were definitely not unique in its formula. Though it wasn't very original, it still felt like a nice start. The comedy was pretty good and the characters were charming... that is until Disney dropped the ball with this one.

Now the characters are incredibly lame, robotic-like, lacking any sort of depth, and it's all thanks to the recycled plots in this show and the repetitiveness of the episodes. It's quite sad, considering this was once the flagship cartoon for Disney. Now it's a sinking ship ready to fall into obscurity, destroyed by the very same ideas that propelled this show and made it popular.
  • its pretty good........ well, at least it use to be good

when i was little, it was like the BEST show ever!!! but now, since phineas and ferb save summer, the show is not sooooo good. I mean now the characters look different and its tooo hd. phineas and ferb star wars episode didn't have the same plot and just made no sense. the latest episodes just are to gland and plain and i seriously felt like changing the channel. I mean it used to be my favourite show and i would buy their t shirts, stuffies, and any kind of merchandise there was. But now......... im ashamed to watch this show. Please make the show better, im begging.
  • So sad that there are very few saviors of Disney Channel. This is one of them... Not anymore! An edited review!

Now, it's just mundane.

Same thing every episode, nothing has changed even years have passed.

The show only follows ONE plot formula that has been used and recycled for every seasons. It's just boring!

The titular protagonists gets to invent something, their pet goes to foil the loony old guy's plan and succeeding, and their sister trying to do the same thing over and over again like a child.

Also, it's always summer on this show. For some reason, their earth must have been staying in one place in the orbit. The episodes are MORE PLENTY than the actual days of summer itself!
  • I know what I'm gonna do today

and every single day this show is on. I'm going to change channel.