Phineas and Ferb

Friday 8:00 PM on Disney Channel Premiered Aug 17, 2007 In Season

TVvuer69

Phineas and Ferb Fan Reviews (300)

• eh...

its ok. I use to love it when i was little, but now its pretty boring and cheesy. but its not super bad like oobi or barney
  • the definition of insanity

Have you ever watched a show, and 2 seasons in, you expect stuff to change, but everything keeps going the same exact way? This is how I feel with this show. While far from the worst, it falls right in the buttcheeks of dissapointing. Why is that? It is disney channel's currently most popular cartoon, and its critically acclaimed! well, I dont care what they say, because this show has 3 issues that overshadow what I enjoy about it.

1. the voice acting isnt very good. I hate ashely tisdale, and the voice of phineas is as irritating as having toxic waste poured in my ear. it also doesn't help that the characters themselves are bland.

2. its formula. many shows like scooby-doo have a flowing, repeating formula that is followed the whole series. Some shows end up standing the test of time because people remember and love the characters, but once you know exactly what happens word for word before the episode even comes out, that becomes an issue. Phineas and Ferb plays it safe and has kept it safe for so long it's going to eventually bite back. even with the occassional what-if episode, it all feels the same, and by now, that's a problem.

3. the songs.... not every episode needs a song.. even the marvel special acted like a musical (but to the special's credit, it was the closest it got to a new, different turn, and despite the songs, it was fresh).

bottom line is this show is the least bad of the disney channel line-up. there are way worse shows out there, and this is half a step above new spongebob episodes. I dont plan on watching it since i get a bad taste in my mouth from the voice acting. That, and I know exactly what they will do and say when it reaches its next season. While its bad, its alright if you like it.
  • Best animated cartoon ever

Phineas and Ferb is a really great comedy animation show for kids, tweens, teens and adults. This show is different than any Disney shows. The jokes and humor as well as breaking the "fourth barrier" is quite hillarious at the plots are repetitive. But that's how the show is. That's how they create storylines for each and every episode. Not all episodes necessarily follow that plot. Some are slightly different. But there's a rule to it. For example, Phineas and Ferb can't get busted. That's where the Perry defeats Doof plot comes in. The inator fires at the boys' invention and it's not there anymore when their mom arrives. Doofenshmirtz on the other hand is an absolutely hillarious evil scientist. One of the funniest characters in P&F. True, the show declined slightly in Season 3. But the new season 4 is completely different. There's the new 1-hour specials such as "Save Summer" and "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars". Some people tend to criticize the cartoon, but it's actually amazing. The songs are pretty cool. The series is known for its catchy songs, either short or long. For example, one of the people's favourite is "Summer Belongs to You", a spectacular song in the P&F special titled with the same name. The duration of the song is just as long as any other pop song is definitely a very memorable song, depicting how great summer is and all the adventures they had on that they. From the new 1-hour special of "Save Summer", the song "Summer All Over the World" took place all around the world saying that it doesn't matter where you are, but we can all celebrate the joy it's amazing how the creators are able to create songs for the episodes in just a span of 1 hour. The best part is where all the famous guest stars come in. I mean come on, if they love this show, who wouldn't? One particular guest star was Slash in the song "Kick it Up a Notch" in the "Phineas and Ferb Movie: Across the Second Dimension". There's also the interesting thing about this series where every episode relates to the next. You can notice character development from season to season. Instead of just focussing on the few main characters,new characters are always introduced, and somehow, these characters end up in future episodes as well. Thus, increasing the bonds of each character. In the new season, the animation has also been improved. Some may not notice, but there are many uncommonly used words in the series, and this helps people to learn more words, especially for the kids. This can open their horizons. Besides, this series wasn't meant for kids only, the series was also made for adults of all ages to enjoy. This is by far one of the best 2D animation series ever. This is my opinion though, and definitely the opinions of all P&F fans around the world. If you don't like it, watch every single episode from the start up until "Save Summer" and be sure not to miss out on "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars" premiere.
  • Phineas' VOICE

Great show, but the last three years have been tough to watch. The actor who reads Phineas for some reason now puts the accent on the last word of every SENTENCE. No matter the SITUATION. He barely enunciates the line, until he gets to the last WORD. Like he doesn't read the script until ten mintues before RECORDING.
  • The Cartoon That Rewrote The Book

For years we have been bombarded with grotesque looking Cartoons that rely on heavily on surrealism and dark humored themes. Then in 2007, Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh came along to prove that Cartoons need to be fun and not restricted to one audience. The result was Phineas and Ferb, an absolute breath of fresh air that reminded us that Cartoons need to be made for positive attributions. PF has taught us to never let the greatest of life's moments slip away and to always have confidence in ourselves that we can achieve any goals we set (any age group can relate to this theme). The characters are can be related with and are a joy to watch, the music is fun and most of all it has a brain (the writing is genius in its simplicity). I recommend this show for anyone of any age group! The best cartoon ever made and I'm a 90s child!
  • Great except for the schmusic...

We recently discovered Phineas & Ferb (via Netflix) and completely enjoyed most of what I'm guessing were the first two seasons. However, the past ten episodes or more (we're now a bit past the Lake Nose Monster show) have been ruined by idiotic musical interludes. Did someone at Disney start poking his or her big fat nose into the production at that point? "Hey, we need to really DISNEY-up this great cartoon by sticking in pointless musical numbers!" Unlike some posters here, I don't mind the repetitive plots, as long as they remain clever. But the musical stuff (other than over the opening/closing credits) is a complete drag. Sadly, the show seems to have jumped the shark (or the Lake Nose Monster?). But long live Perry the Platypus!
  • Awesome show!

I don't know why people are hating it. I love the episode Return Policy and you're going to love It's No Picnic. I've watched Return Policy and Live and Let Drive.
  • One of the only decent shows on Disney Channel.

The animated shows on Disney/Nickelodeon are the only good shows on today's TV.
  • First good now not so much anymore.

This show used to be Good. However. This show just Sucks Now because it's running out of idea's and each episode has the same plot over again.
  • Overrated and Extremely Repetitive!!

Oh god, there are so many things wrong with this show. For one, the same thing happens in every episode. Yeah, Phineas and Ferb have a different idea, but half of the words spoken are the same in EVERY episode. I understand that most cartoons have repetitive plotlines, but this is probably the most repetitive cartoon I've ever seen. Also, the whole Perry vs Doof storyline is a blatant, and really bad, ripoff of one of my all-time favorite shows, Kim Possible. As for the show's main plot, here's what Phineas and Ferb is all about:

Phineas and Ferb get bored. Then Phineas gets an inspiration to do something and says "Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today", followed by "Hey, where's Perry?" Then Perry goes through some kind of hole or opening (Because Major Monogram seems to have the entire world connected to Perry's little secret base), gets his instructions and goes off to fight Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Meanwhile, Phineas' & Ferb's mom leaves to run an errand, and leaves Candace in charge, who tries really, really hard to bust Phineas and Ferb. The two kids order parts for their large creations (I still have no idea how they can pay for them). The delivery guy asks them "Aren't you a little young to-", followed by Phineas answering "Yes. Yes we are". Then cue Isabella, "Hi Phineas. Whatcha dooin'?" Meanwhile Perry gets to Doofenshmirtz Evil but gets immediately captured (You'd think he'd have figured out the pattern after doing it so many times). Then Doof tells a backstory, followed by "Behold! The --inator! (Seriously, can't he think of something else?). The kids get their contraption together, cue the pointless musical number thats always gonna be awful. Candace sees it and rushes to get her mom. Perry then breaks out of his trap and easily beats Doof, he screams "Curse you, Perry the Platypuuus!!", and his invention destroys P&Fs invention before their mom can see it, so Candace is left looking a little crazy to her. Finally, Perry shows up and Phineas goes "Oh, there you are, The End. There you go. That's your whole show.

For another thing, most of the characters of this show are not very likable. Especially Candace, who's whole life, apart from trying to bust her brothers, revolves around a boy named Jeremy. And why does she care so much about busting them anyway? Is she actually younger than her brothers but just had a growth spurt early? Or is she just really that immature and crazy? She's especially despicable when she tries to bust Phineas and Ferb when they try to help her out, like in Moon Farm or even on Phineas' birthday. Seriously, what a bitch! Also, Doofenshmirtz completely fails as a villain, not to mention annoying with all his ramblings. I'll admit though that Phineas and Ferb themselves are pretty nice kids, and are the best characters in the show. Also, there's not anything really inappropriate in Phineas and Ferb, so it's a good show for little kids I guess.

In closing, Phineas and Ferb isn't good. It's plot is annoyingly repetitive, and it's B-plot is trying too hard to be like a much better Disney cartoon. The fans can hate me all they want, but It's just my opinion. Phineas and Ferb is one of the most overrated cartoons ever made and unless your a little kid, its not worth watching.
  • The most creative show of all time

this show made me laugh, realise that it is something close to my heart.. i feel this is the most creative one and also gives kids great morals.. the unusual elements bring us the idea of wide range thinking and really this generation kind of show.. i love this on no matter what.. the best cartoon i've ever seen..
  • Was once great, now they are running out of ideas

This used to be my favorite show. Seasons 1 and 2 were great. The plots might be repetitive, but the shows were amazing. In Season 3, it started to go downhill around the episode "Bad Hair Day" and it became unbearable in season 4. The plots are lazy written and the animation is now terrible. They are clearly running out of ideas. Doof is not even trying anymore and phineas and ferbs inventions are now very boring. I give it an 8 for seasons 1 and 2. But please END SUMMER! END THE SHOW!

UPDATE 2-1-14 Another thing I forgot to add on my orinigal review is that now they are WAY too smart for their age. They are supossed to be 5th graders going on to 6th. Now they talk about math and things that are too advanced for their age. Baljeet is an exception. The others are not.
  • Two Words: CAN-CEL

Phineas and Ferb was actually a decent show when it first aired on Disney Channel. The ideas were creative and fresh with good humor and excellent plots. But the fact that it's been running for over five years is kind of surprising. Just like the 'Kidz Bop' series, Phineas and Ferb has been dragging on for far too long. Shall I pull out zee list?

Plot- The storyboard for this show used to be entertaining, but now it's too predictable. Phineas and Ferb start talking about some random subject and create an invention based on it. Then, their older sister Candace will try to bust them. Meanwhile, the family pet platypus fights the rookie evil scientist Dr. Doof. After Perry defeats him, Doof's evil invention will explode and fire one last ray, which will hit P and F's invention, causing it to vanish. Then Candace will look stupid, Mom will serve snacks, and the credits will roll. See, same thing every time, talk about BORING!

Characters and Animation- The characters are undeveloped and annoying, to sum it up. Don't even get me started on that mess they call animation!

SINGING- Why is the that in EVERY single episode there's some kind of dumb song to go along with the headlines? And WHY are people always randomly singing in public, and not getting called crazy for it?

Unrealistic- 'There's 104 days of Summer vacation' my butt! In Phineas and Ferb, Summer basically lasts until the end of time! And plus, no average kid can make an expensive invention EVEY SINGLE DAY. I mean, doesn't someone have to PAY for all that?

I have an idea for a new episode; why don't you have an episode where it's the last day of Summer break? And then, following that, have an episode where they return to school. And after that, get rid of this dumb show! It's gone on for far too long, cancel it already!
  • kind of stupid

5.5
    The creaters must be running out of ideas because this show Is going down the I wanted to watch a bad show I would have gone to cartoon network. I love Disney channel but its not the same anymore. Its mediocre, and needs to have serious changes if they expect me to watch anymore of it.
  • Surprisingly good if you can get past the repetitive plot.

I can see why a lot of people don't like Phineas and Ferb, because they get tired of seeing the plots repeated over and over again. Sure, there are a lot of shows that are repetitive and suck such as Pokemon and Johnny Test, this however is something different.

Phineas and Ferb is about two step brothers on summer vacation that like to spend their summer break creating lots of inventions. Candace sees what they're doing and wants to get them busted practically because what they're doing can be wrong and their a little too young to be creating stuff like that (they say a catchphrase like that in the show). They usually wonder were Perry is and when they ask where's Perry the scene cuts off to Perry sneaking out of the house to go to Doofenschmirtz Evil Inc to fight Dr. Doofenschmirtz. I'm going to stop here because all of you who have watched the show know it's plot.

What I have to say about P&F is that its a great cartoon and the best show on Disney Channel at the moment. The premise, while its plot is repetitive, its' very original and well thought out. The animation is very smooth and unique, the songs are catchy and very funny, the humor is very funny and the characters are very likeable. Unlike Johnny Test or some other shitty cartoon that has a repetitive plot this show can be repetitive and actually be good. I reccomend this to all who enjoy Disney cartoons, or cartoons in general. Rating: 10/10
  • Classic show for the future!

This is an amazing show! lovable characters, great plot, they are funny and it puts A LOT of other cartoons to shame. its very incredible and I would recommend it to others! but a lot of people think johnny test has repetitive episodes but it does not. this show has repetition as well since all cartoons have that! if the show is about 2 kids inventing something and the sister tries to bust them over and over every the point of the show not repetition. just like johnny test. he gets an invention, it goes wrong and he needs to fix it. its the point of the show and what makes it famous just like this show! this show reminds me of johnny test too.
  • While it's a fun cartoon, it is too repetitive and formulaic to be considered great

This is a show that stored the best for first. When it started, everyone enjoyed it. Here we are about 5-6 years later, and while it is still passable and even a little fun, each episode is predictable if you've been watching since it's origin. It's almost as if Disney is running out of ideas at a rapid pace. Is it worth watching? To pass the time at most. It's nothing I would willingly watch unless there is absolutely nothing else on Television.
  • Lost its greatness a long time ago.

I watch this show for Phineas and Ferb, contrary for Perry and Doofenschmirtz. It started out pretty good. Phineas and Ferb build something, Candace sees it, finds mom, but Doofenschmirtz's invention backfired after Perry kicks his ass. Simple. But sometime around 2009 or something, bear with me, it just started to lose its feeling to me. I guess it was because the pals of Phineas and Ferb made more prominent appearances, or Perry and Doofenschmirtz had something happen to him, what that is I don't know. It's unexplainable, but it just doesn't seem to have the charm it used to. But one thing I do like, is the different songs per episode thing. I'm leaving with a positive note.
  • Reasons Why This Show Should Rot In Hell.

1. The jokes. Every joke in this show are repeated over and over and it annoys me. They all feel forced and tired.

2: The plot. The plot is the same damn thing in every episode! Deja Vu much? Except it's not like Deja Vu. It's bad enough that Phineas and Ferb always win in every episode. COME ON!

3: They're never in school! I mean... come on! We get like 3 months of summer and these guys have infinite. Can someone just educate the f***s?

4: The constantly annoying voice acting. 4Kids's terrible dubbing is more enjoyable then their god awful voices.

5: It's overrated! Come on! Just come on! How does this stuff get so popular! I've lost faith in humanity. Screw this show. It's a disgrace to the human race. I bet Satan hates it too.
  • TOO REPETITIVE NOW! JUST END IT AND MOVE ON!

Seasons 1-2 were great so that is why I gave the show 5 out of 10

After Season 3, the show is just too repetitive, Phineas comes up with an idea, Perry defeats Dr. Doofensmertz, Candace trys to bust her brothers, repeat.

I didn't mind it at first but now it seems like the show is in an endless repeat mode with every new episode that comes out. Disney NEEDS to end this show and either do a spin-off of this show in a school setting or JUST MOVE ON!
  • New ideas!!

The show must have new ideas, enough with summer dan and swampy! kids and teenager bore with summer plotline! already summer that,summer this! sheesh! NO MORE SUMMER! get straight into your tick skull dan povemire!! summer is not fun anymore in phineas and ferb!

you should shame of yourself!! spanish and portugese teenage girl and boy make phineas and ferb fan comic teenager and they freaking go to school!

take that idea numbskull! no more summer get it!? NO MORE SUMMER PHINEAS AND FERB!

make phineas and other go to school! immediatly!

no more music!! pls no more music!! i had enough music!! make phineas and ferb show with no

freaking music!!!

its boring, at least make 4 show with no music at all!!

not great idea to made a marvel crossover with this show cuz phineas been a jerk!

and stop making candace obsesed with jeremy! GOD she bcome a freaky stalker now!

stop it! stop making her being freaking adn wanna bust her brother!!! make her a normal girl!!!

enough with summer show! enough! there no summer! make them go to school!!

we tired with summer show! make them go to school!

get it!?

good!
  • Well, The First Season Was Good

4.5
    I enjoyed the first season of Phineas and Ferb. It had good animation, interesting and creative plots, not to mention most of the characters were fun to watch. However, this show has gone pretty downhill since then. First off, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ANIMATION? How can a show go from having good animation to having nauseating animation that quickly? I almost had a panic attack the animation is so lazy in the newer episodes! Secondly, about the villain, Dr. Doof. A villain is supposed to hate his nemesis, not plan playdates with him as if they were kindergarteners. Now, Dr. Doof is just a hopeless coward, like Plankton from SpongeBob. Thirdly, Candace, who was always an annoying stereotype to begin with, really needs to get off of her brother's case and focus on her relationship with Jeremy. Is it really worth setting up these elaborate plans in order to "bust" your own siblings if it fails every time? What's the point of trying? UGHHHHHHHH. Overall, Phineas and Ferb is a show that really needs to be improved in order for it to be as good as the first season.
  • The angel has fallen

Before i disgust this wreck it,horrid waste of my me get this clear to all the P&F fanboys I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS SHOW,i don't care if he had good episodes after this basing my review on the current state of the show me hater all you want i will gladly reply with the next words:Screw you .Now with that out of the way let's begin.

Plot:2 kids get bored and try to do something different everyday of the summer and sing a song while doing a platypus"James bond"type agent gets a daily job assignment to stop a "Evil doctor dropout" from taking over the world but inadvertently helps the kids to clean their mess and their sister is looked like a complete repeats EVERY SINGLE TIME and the plot wasn't as good to begin with.

Animation:The series biggest flaws come form are way to many colors are unappealing and some of them can every time phineas turn his head vertical is adds nightmare fuel that even nightmare moon will smell from the freaking moon.

Characters:Where do i begin with these f**kers????How about the most obvious characters lack character development,nether of them have changed their are still bland,one dimensional characters and let's analyze them one by one shall we ??

Phineas:This guy is just boring to watch and his voice doesn't help at all with anything.

Ferb:He's the blandest of them all,we don't much of his personality or character other than being a plot device.

Isabella:This girl ticks me off every time that she say:"Whacha doing ?". Ughhh the less i talk about her the better.

Buford:He's just 1 of the 3 comedy have nothing else to say.

Baljeed:This guy is second worst stereotype character in the show,i'll get to the Worst is just a insulting representation of Indians everywhere by being a dull,anti charismatic character with no motivation on being with phineas and ferb what so he's the second comedy relief and 2 of the 3 are not funny at ALL!!!!!

Irving:THIS GUY. I hate this character with a burning passion because he's the worst stereotype in the show and STEREOTYPING THE FANBOY CHARACTER!!!!!He's not was no clue or build up to this character existing on the show and his way to interact with the main characters is just insulting to your intelligence.

Candace:I fell sorry for this girl even she's annoying because she has to dealt with these 2 and she hasn't gotten help to put that obsession to rest.

Linda:She's the living example on how not to do a parent character. I rest my case.

Perry:The only two dimensional character in the guy is overrated because everytime he faces the bad gut he always win with not even sweat and that's a role model not a character.

Dr. Doofenshmirtz:HE JUST characters has to be one of the lamest villains in animation,his back story is not tragic,his plans have flaws always and he has charisma of petrified wood.

Creativity:THEY DO EVERY KIDS INVENTION CLICH IN THE BOOK!!!!!!They don't nothing creative or amazing and when they do they destroy the reputation of another character.

Humor:BLAND,CHEESY,CHEAP AND UNCREATIVE.

Final verdict: 1/10 This show has to die.

• Decent. It's WAAAAAAAY better than those crappy teen sitcoms and fish hooks, but not as good as gravity falls and wander over yonder.

I used to love this show a few years back, but then I lost interest in the show. The show is okay, but nothing special. Here's the pros

1. The show's humour is actually funny and doesn't rely on immature toilet humour.

2. Some of the songs are catchy.

3. Perry the platypus is frickin' awesome.

4. The show had an epic movie.

Here's the cons

1. Every episode is basically the same thing.

2. The animation is not that good.

3. Candace is annoying.

4. Most of the episodes after the movie are boring and unfunny.

So overall, a good show, but it unfortunately went downhill after the movie, just like spongebob.
  • What was Disney Channel thinking?

THIS I apologize. Normally I can be a bit more discreet when writing a review, but this show does not deserve the right to exist. I honestly have no clue as to what Disney Channel staff were thinking when they let this show be on the air. Here's a few of my thoughts toward the show.

Animation : Vomitous (All the coloring is very unappealing, and some characters or grotesquely angular (especially Phineas, the walking triangle head).

Storyboard/ideas/creativity : Rudimentary (So darn repetitive! I mean,for land's sake! Come up with some thing new for once!)

Humor : Repugnant really missed the mark here. The jokes are never

Rating : 1 or F-----------------

Sorry to all of you Phineas and Ferb (spits) fans, but this show's gotta go.

• Good Job, Disney

The characters are great, and the stories, even though they're repetitive, are still pretty good in my book.

It might get old after a few seasons, but hey, I'd watch it anyday.
  • A bit formulaic, but overall a solid watch.

Phineas and Ferb build something, and Candace wants to bust them. Meanwhile, Perry the Platypus is sent on a mission to thwart Dr Doofenshmirtz evil plans of the day. This is generally the Formula of most episodes. If the Formula is already a turn off for you, then Phineas and Ferb isn't your thing.

But if you can look past formula, You may find a great deal of enjoyment out of Phineas and Ferb. The humour is genuinely funny, pretty clever, and rarely ever goes the gross/random route. Characters are mostly likable, with none of them falling under the "asshole" or "idiot" category. The songs can be pretty catchy at times. Overall, it's a great show.
  • Bad, boring show

Ok, yeah, I know I reviewed this before, and everyone hated it, but oh well, because this show is making me so mad that I had to review it again. First, I loved the show when it came out. Season 1- amazing. Hilarious, clever, good message. I loved it. Then came Summer Belongs to You, which wasn't good, but wasn't bad either. But AFTER that? After that everything came to a screeching halt. I have no idea what happened, did the writers of the shows have a coconut dropped on their head or something? Every episode became a blur of unfunny jokes, cheesy gags, and no originality what-so-ever. Every episode is the same- Phineas and Ferb, wearing their smug little smiles, will build something 'out of the ordinary' and 'amazing', their sister Candence will have a spaz attack throughout the show, Phineas' invention disappears in a over-the-top convenient way, Candence cries, roll the credits. I love the Doofensmirtz bits, they are great.

But wait, there is more! Because, last week, I saw a commercial for what? FOR PHINEAS AND FERB MEET THE MARVEL SUPERHEROES! Because kids like super heroes, right? Because they need to make two goofy, child characters more 'EPIC', right? I see what is happening. "Hey GUYZ, what can we do to make these two lugs Phinny and Ferb more EPICZ????" "Oh, I know! SUPERHEROES! SUPERHEROEZ are EPIC, amiright guyz?" And that is how this horrible special was born.

Before you say, "It's a kid show, deal with it, you don't have to watch it", you don't think I know that? I just can NOT believe this over-hyped piece of garbage that everybody is in love with. I HATE Phineas and Ferb. Absolutely HATE it. One of the worst shows with the biggest fan base.
  • excellent show

Great show that is very funny and very clever. One of the best things about the show is that the characters are all smart and none of them are dumb or jerks. My favorite part of the show is Candace and Jeremy's relationship and how they are now boyfriend and girlfriend. The episodes I enjoy the most are the ones that have a canderemy moment or two. This cartoon is the only cartoon I watch and is a very good show. I also I like the songs that are in almost every episode. This cartoon is the best cartoon I have ever watched. So I easily would give it a 10/10.
  • crappy show

My review

Plot:3.2 They make something then it falls apart, same thing everytime

Animation:4.2 It's suckish

Characters:I don't like really any of them, and that platypus is ugly

Jokes:2.1 boring

Cuteness:1.1 boring

Humor:4.2 boring

Overall:2.2 it is really boring the show

Rating;3.0<3.1>