Phineas and Ferb

Friday 8:00 PM on Disney Channel Premiered Aug 17, 2007 In Season

Phineas and Ferb Fan Reviews (316)

• Defense to Phineas and Ferb

"Dan and Swampy are two of the most respected and proven show creators in the animation series business. They are incredibly gifted storytellers who have a track record of creating smart, original and relatable characters that are universally appealing to both kids and families.

This series has fresh, bold and intelligent characters, with complex arguments, and smart jokes that not underestimate the audience, since children are able to understand as well as adults.

So you're not too old not to see Phineas and Ferb.

Dan and Swampy never created simple and superficial characters. They were not traditional or stereotypical characters. They were original, complex and most of all, wonderful. Each in his own way.

In fact maybe too wonderful. Too all understand. That's why there have also been plenty of people who hated this series. While not all the characters were appreciated by the public and there have been some who had no pleasure at all, it is because we were very open. We had to see beyond.

Phineas and Ferb, for example, despite being only children, were extremely mature, full of patience and wisdom, respected their elders, respected his sister, helped and supported without thinking twice, and loved unconditionally, despite his tendency to want to accuse.

If you made mistakes and apologized recognized without difficulty. And despite its high efficiency and creativity they were always simple, humble and proud at all. And they shared their creations with all your friends.

Perry was a great platypus, he took over the affection of many, he became a character much loved by the public. It was quite professional, courageous, intelligent, very clever and highly skilled.

Despite all that, it still was not a god. Had defects (if, as hear, the had). And although Doof not possess the virtues of Perry, that this had lacked.

It was simple, open, sensitive, he enjoyed, he would not hurry, lived in the moment and not matter what their intentions are bad or good, never concentrated only in them, unlike Perry, stopped to smell the roses and He is enjoying the ride. Inators enjoyed building and enjoyed being with his enemy. He was friendly with him and unconditionally always had a smile for him, but not the return.

Both learning every day more and more of the other and complemented each other.

Perry the platypus has been shown that despite all the fights and confrontations had great loyalty, and always showed the end be fond of his nemesis.

He proved his friendship helping on many occasions when perhaps no one else had.

Dr. Doofenshmirtz was a man who in spite of all their blunders or mistakes; it was tender, gentle, lively, enthusiastic and kindhearted.

It was not a flat character, full of contrasts. Arguably it was the character with the rounder, complete and multifaceted personality of the series. He could wake up all sorts of feelings in people, he was funny, he could make you laugh with his antics and occurrences, as it could also make you mourn for her horrible past. And as our dear friend said Plushy Berry in one of your articles and I quote <>

Perry has shown that could accompany and follow Doof to the ends of the world if necessary.

No matter what happens to Perry, no matter what problems and trances where you are.

Perry would stay by his side. And chapters as "Act Your Age" show us that stay together no matter no longer have to face the scientist.

We are almost at doors saying goodbye to the series, and with it so frequently and famous phrases today also know very well will. For instance:

"Ferb, I know what we're going to do today"

"Hey, Perry?"

"Hi, Phineas what are you doing?"

"They are in trouble!"

"There are too young to do that?"

"It's a platypus, does not do

And of course, one of the most famous:

"I curse you Perry The Platypus!!!

Phineas and Ferb the best TV Show in the history of Disney Channel
  • Worst and stupid and repeated formula over and over even after the show ends

Okay let me phrase to any fans who stupid enough didn't see the truth behind it. okay let me explain whats wrong with this show even after the show ended.

1-The writing

its the same thing like the writer have lost the ideas on the episode. even the special episode which have guest star its all the same thing! nothing change at all. This is absolutly changes nothing, if you hoping to find the episode without the singing then you out of luck because in every single episode there will be singing!. just my god it didnt care where ever you go and which place you go there will be singing!.

2-The characters

Some of the character were good but some were bad. For prime example is candace, serisouly! this girl alright! this fucking girl! the boys do something dangerous yes she calls her mom which it end up dissapear!, then when the boys do something non dangerous, guess what? she trying to bust them too. seriously!? how even jeremy fall in love a girl like this?! mad scientist who have a bad life because of an idiot parents he sure is stupid, i mean seriously? inator? everything is inator on his stuff! get something original! and what you wearing is not a fucking labcoat you fucking moron!

Major monogram or monobrow is really unfunny,stupid and why the hell rely on animal to be a secret agent? dont you goverment have oh i FUCKING SOLDIER!!

3-the musical

OH MY is insane! are you insane there writer? even the show ended i am not going to miss the show! no serisouly every single fucking episode, special episode and mini-movie there is a musical every single time! Its fucking driving you isnane that which making you throw a remote control through the televison screen! you guys really needs to stop with the musical theme on it!!

soo there you go, for fans of phineas guys a fucking morons liking this show, i used to loved this show but when watching it over and over with new episode its getting annoying and repetetive! if you a fans then i suggest leave the phineas and ferb fandom ASAP! its eating your soul! and i suggest you leave before its too late. those who fans of this show and still dont understand then you guys a moron that this show is going to screw you on your ass!

I retract anything positive I had previously said about this show. In my original review of Phineas and Ferb, I stated that the first season was good. Now, I am really convinced that NOTHING is even remotely good about this show. And here is why. I don't apologize for what I am about to say to any idiot Phineas nd Ferb fans out there who love this show, so I should get that out of the way first. As a fan of Disney classic movies such as Lady and the Tramp and The Lion King, it really is an insult whenever I see Phineas and Ferb and any other character from this fucking show on Disney-themed merchandise such as board games. Phineas and Ferb is not Disney, never was Disney, and will never be Disney. It's just a show created by people who previously were involved with Family Guy trying to make one of the worst kid shows ever. In fact, it is the worst. Shows like My Life as a Teenage Robot and Rugrats were not this horrible and wretched. The ONLY good thing about this show is that it has ended. All of the characters in this show (sans Perry the Platypus) are HORRIBLE, especially Candace, whom is WORSE than Jenny Wakeman, Angelica Pickles, Plankton, and Dora combined. Candace is the worst character I have ever seen in any media, and I think Ashley Tisdale should never voice another cartoon character again. I never want to see Candace's ugly face again, or Phineas', or any other character's for that matter. Thank CHRIST we now have an actual GOOD show like Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil playing on Disney, and we also have Girl Meets World, which isn't good, but at least it reminds me of the old days of sitcoms. So, yeah, FUCK PHINEAS AND FERB.
  • Phineas and Ferb: The most amazing and underratd show in the history of Disney Channel!!

To all the haters: Here's why we love Phineas and Ferb so much:

1- The writing:

The writing on the show is just outstanding. Every joke hits, and there's not even one episode that doesn't make the viewer laugh just a little. Jokes often connect with others from the same episode, and sometimes with jokes from other episodes. The jokes and references aren't random, they make sense. They don't make the viewer cringe, and there was never, never a bathroom joke, while other shows have plenty of them. It always treated the viewer with respect, and because of it we treat the show with respect as well.

2- The characters:

The characters are very well written and far away from stereotypes. Their personalities, instead of being only one quality, have many. Phineas, for example, is always very optimistic, but we've seen him breaking down sometimes (Summer Belongs to You, Across the Second Dimension). Candace herself said that being popular and good-looking is not important (S'Winter), and she only likes one guy and one guy only. Lawrence is one of the only dad's of animation that is not stupid. He's pretty funny, but also seems very responsible, like an adult should be. Vanessa, even though gotic, is not a b#tch because of it, and she really likes her dad, even though he's annoying sometimes. Dr. Doof is a little dumb, but far from braindead or downright stupid. The best jokes of the show come from him the majority of the time, and every single time he and Major Monogram are together, you're in for a good laugh. Same with Perry and Doofenshmirtz. The female characters are very well written, because they have their own goals and objectives instead of always being linked with boys and only boys. No character is mean. Candace only want to bust her brothers because of fairness. She doesn't want to bust her brothers because she want to see them suffer, she want to bust them because she knows she would be busted if she was in their place. When she sees she can't bust them, she joins the fun (It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World, Wizard of Odd). Baljeat is very smart, but he isn't egoist nor he calls someone dumb. Buford is self-proclamed bully, but we see he has a lot of consideration for he's friends. Overall, the characters are very well written and likeable

3- Actually Good Musical Numbers:

The musical numbers are very varied and smartly written. For starters, there's a lot of Rock and Metal (Watchin' and Waiting Gimme A Grade, Bouncin' Around The World, Robot Riot, Kick It Up A Notch, Football X-7, The Way of The Platypus, Evil For Extra Credit, Hockey Z-9), great Pop numbers (Busted, Summer Belongs To You, Floor After Floor, Brand New Best Friend, Everything's Better With Perry, Summer (Where Do We Begin), Big Brain, My Sweet Ride, Un-Untiable Knot, Jump Right To It, One Last Day Of Summer, Tomorrow Is This Morning Again). Without mentioning this show has a lot of different genres. There's 70s pop (Mini-Golf Queen), 80s eletronic (Alien Heart), Jazz (Der Kimderlumper, Army Of Me) and even country (Yodel' Obey Me). There's a little of everything for everyone.

4- It isn't repetitive because there's no build up:

This show is not story driven, it's comedy driven. Because of that, it doesn't get repetitive because the focus is always the characters and the story takes a backseat. We don't go into an episode to see if candace will succed, we go to see how she will fail. We know that Perry's going to defeat Doofenshmirtz, so we want to see what's his new scheme is and how Perry's going to defeat him. It doesn't create expectations, so it doesn't bore us. A good example is the Roadrunner. We know that the Coyote will fail, but we still enjoy it imensely. We never expect the Coyote to win because we don't expect him to. Same with Phineas and Ferb, we know that Candace's going to fail, so we don't expect her to win. This, in turn, makes the show anything but repetitive, since the focus is always the intricate comedy.

5- Good until the end:

Different from what a lot of people think, the quality the show only decreased slightly. When you think about it, no other cartoon has managed to stay so tight and consistent after seven years in the air. The comedy was still great, and even when they were going trough a lack of ideas, they refused to give up, which gave us great episodes even towards the very end. The decrease in quality was natural and unevitable, and it passed trough the harder phases a lot better than others shows in their seasonal rots. Heck, the two last episodes are considered one of the best of the entire show. This show avoided seasonal rot entirely.

So there it is. That's why we love Phineas and Ferb so much. It's a very consistent show that definitively left it's mark in the world of animation. I wouldn't be surprised if this show gets remembered as a classic in the near future. It's just that good.
  • I don't understand the hate this show gets.

It's a nice series for both children and adults.
  • Phineas and Ferb

Its my favorite series i love it
  • Underrated show

Phineas and Ferb is proof that a children's show can have excellent script, memorable characters, catchy songs and good morals.
  • Biggest cash cow cartoon in Disney Channel History

You think this show is better than the teen sitcoms on Disney??!! GUESS AGAIN!!!! Phineas and Ferb really sucks as a whole!! Nothing makes sense!!! I hate this cartoon so much. This is literally the worst Disney Channel show ever made. WATCH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS!!!! Watch Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Kim Possible, Star vs the Forces of Evil, OR EVEN THE NEW MICKEY MOUSE!!!!! ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS CRAP!!!!
  • More like Pingas and Nerd.

This show sucks cock. I'm going to review this shit one by one.

Plot: explanable in only 5 sentences:

Ferb,I know what we're going to do today!

Where's Perry?

Behold, the WTFinator!

Curse you Perry the platypuss!

Oh, there you are Perry!

Characters: idiotic. Pingas is always a fucking genius and never cares about his mum or anything. Nerd is equal to Pingas, only mute. Peesabella is just a useless character that pretty much annoys the crap out of me EVERY time with her stupid whatcha dooin catchphrase. Indian kid is stupid. Pooford is another useless character. The rest are PRETTY MUCH THE SAME, USELESS.

Animation: SHIT. Just like Uncle Grandpa. Plus, the songs are spastic.

This is a really annoying and repetitive show. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!!
  • Overrated and Extremely Repetitive!!

Oh god, there are so many things wrong with this show. For one, the same thing happens in every episode. Yeah, Phineas and Ferb have a different idea, but half of the words spoken are the same in EVERY episode. I understand that most cartoons have repetitive plotlines, but this is probably the most repetitive cartoon I've ever seen. Also, the whole Perry vs Doof storyline is a blatant, and really bad, ripoff of one of my all-time favorite shows, Kim Possible. As for the show's main plot, here's what Phineas and Ferb is all about:

Phineas and Ferb get bored. Then Phineas gets an inspiration to do something and says "Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today", followed by "Hey, where's Perry?" Then Perry goes through some kind of hole or opening (Because Major Monogram seems to have the entire world connected to Perry's little secret base), gets his instructions and goes off to fight Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Meanwhile, Phineas' & Ferb's mom leaves to run an errand, and leaves Candace in charge, who tries really, really hard to bust Phineas and Ferb. The two kids order parts for their large creations (I still have no idea how they can pay for them). The delivery guy asks them "Aren't you a little young to-", followed by Phineas answering "Yes. Yes we are". Then cue Isabella, "Hi Phineas. Whatcha dooin'?" Meanwhile Perry gets to Doofenshmirtz Evil but gets immediately captured (You'd think he'd have figured out the pattern after doing it so many times). Then Doof tells a backstory, followed by "Behold! The --inator! (Seriously, can't he think of something else?). The kids get their contraption together, cue the pointless musical number thats always gonna be awful. Candace sees it and rushes to get her mom. Perry then breaks out of his trap and easily beats Doof, he screams "Curse you, Perry the Platypuuus!!", and his invention destroys P&Fs invention before their mom can see it, so Candace is left looking a little crazy to her. Finally, Perry shows up and Phineas goes "Oh, there you are, The End. There you go. That's your whole show.

For another thing, most of the characters of this show are not very likable. Especially Candace, who's whole life, apart from trying to bust her brothers, revolves around Jeremy. And why does she care so much about busting them anyway? Is she actually younger than her brothers but just had a growth spurt early? Or is she just really that immature and crazy? She's especially despicable when she tries to bust Phineas and Ferb when they try to help her out, like in Moon Farm or even on Phineas' birthday. Seriously, what a bitch! Also, Doofenshmirtz completely fails as a villain, not to mention annoying with all his ramblings, and he's not funny. I'll admit though that Phineas and Ferb themselves are pretty nice kids, and are the best characters in the show. Also, there's not anything really inappropriate in Phineas and Ferb, so it's a good show for little kids I guess.

In closing, Phineas and Ferb isn't good. It's plot is annoyingly repetitive, and it's B-plot is trying too hard to be like a much better Disney cartoon. And I completely HATE the fact that this show actually surpassed Kim Possible's record of the longest running animated Disney Channel Original Series. Yes, Phineas and Ferb actually made it to FIVE seasons! God, kill me! The fans can hate me all they want, but It's just my opinion, Phineas and Ferb is one of the most overrated cartoons ever made and unless your a little kid, its not worth watching.
  • Therry

show is not sooooo good.
  • Phineas & Ferb

This animated show is just amazing I love their innovative ideas and innovative planning and structures they create! secondly everything they crate vanishes or disappears before their mom could see!!! 3

• A mix of awesomeness and creativity

At the start of Season 4, I was quite excited (I watched the movie a week before the first episode aired), and when I saw the first episode, I said: "hey, this is cool!". Than the other episodes came, and it started feeling repetitive. I stopped watching the show. Recently, I saw a trailer to the newest episode that's gonna air next Monday, and I decided to catch up. I loved it! I got my faith into the show again, and when I saw the "Night of the Living Pharmasists" Halloween special, I loved it! An honest 9.5/10! It deserves it!
  • Nauseating

This show is just the same garbage episode over and over again. The characters are unlikable (Except for the villain, he's mediocre) and they are very boring and bland, and I seriously get disgusted watching them. This is the plot summed up:

Phineas: I'm going to build something.. also where's Perry?

*builds thing*

Cadance: OMG moooooooom Phineas built the thing!

Villain: Haha perry this machine-inator will destroy blah blah blah

*machine ends up destroying Phineas's thing*

Cadance: Wutt where did Phineas's thingy gooo?

Phineas: oh there's perry

SERIOUSLY the show is just the same thing over and over. Plus, the songs are spastic, annoying and not catchy.
  • Creative at first, recycled and stagnating now

The show was quite creative at first, incorporating ideas that were definitely not unique in its formula. Though it wasn't very original, it still felt like a nice start. The comedy was pretty good and the characters were charming... that is until Disney dropped the ball with this one.

Now the characters are incredibly lame, robotic-like, lacking any sort of depth, and it's all thanks to the recycled plots in this show and the repetitiveness of the episodes. It's quite sad, considering this was once the flagship cartoon for Disney. Now it's a sinking ship ready to fall into obscurity, destroyed by the very same ideas that propelled this show and made it popular.
  • its pretty good........ well, at least it use to be good

when i was little, it was like the BEST show ever!!! but now, since phineas and ferb save summer, the show is not sooooo good. I mean now the characters look different and its tooo hd. phineas and ferb star wars episode didn't have the same plot and just made no sense. the latest episodes just are to gland and plain and i seriously felt like changing the channel. I mean it used to be my favourite show and i would buy their t shirts, stuffies, and any kind of merchandise there was. But now......... im ashamed to watch this show. Please make the show better, im begging.
  • So sad that there are very few saviors of Disney Channel. This is one of them... Not anymore! An edited review!

Now, it's just mundane.

Same thing every episode, nothing has changed even years have passed.

The show only follows ONE plot formula that has been used and recycled for every seasons. It's just boring!

The titular protagonists gets to invent something, their pet goes to foil the loony old guy's plan and succeeding, and their sister trying to do the same thing over and over again like a child.

Also, it's always summer on this show. For some reason, their earth must have been staying in one place in the orbit. The episodes are MORE PLENTY than the actual days of summer itself!
  • I know what I'm gonna do today

and every single day this show is on. I'm going to change channel.
  • When will it end?!

It's so repetitive! it was creative and fun at first but
  • This show seems decent

A mean sister trying to "bust" her smart and creative brothers? Seriously?
  • Deterioration in quality

At first this show was incredibly witty, smart and funny. But after a while it becomes boring cause every episode always has the same dull monotonic plot formula.
  • eh...

its ok. I use to love it when i was little, but now its pretty boring and cheesy. but its not super bad like oobi or barney
  • the definition of insanity

Have you ever watched a show, and 2 seasons in, you expect stuff to change, but everything keeps going the same exact way? This is how I feel with this show. While far from the worst, it falls right in the buttcheeks of dissapointing. Why is that? It is disney channel's currently most popular cartoon, and its critically acclaimed! well, I dont care what they say, because this show has 3 issues that overshadow what I enjoy about it.

1. the voice acting isnt very good. I hate ashely tisdale, and the voice of phineas is as irritating as having toxic waste poured in my ear. it also doesn't help that the characters themselves are bland.

2. its formula. many shows like scooby-doo have a flowing, repeating formula that is followed the whole series. Some shows end up standing the test of time because people remember and love the characters, but once you know exactly what happens word for word before the episode even comes out, that becomes an issue. Phineas and Ferb plays it safe and has kept it safe for so long it's going to eventually bite back. even with the occassional what-if episode, it all feels the same, and by now, that's a problem.

3. the songs.... not every episode needs a song.. even the marvel special acted like a musical (but to the special's credit, it was the closest it got to a new, different turn, and despite the songs, it was fresh).

bottom line is this show is the least bad of the disney channel line-up. there are way worse shows out there, and this is half a step above new spongebob episodes. I dont plan on watching it since i get a bad taste in my mouth from the voice acting. That, and I know exactly what they will do and say when it reaches its next season. While its bad, its alright if you like it.
  • Best animated cartoon ever

Phineas and Ferb is a really great comedy animation show for kids, tweens, teens and adults. This show is different than any Disney shows. The jokes and humor as well as breaking the "fourth barrier" is quite hillarious at the plots are repetitive. But that's how the show is. That's how they create storylines for each and every episode. Not all episodes necessarily follow that plot. Some are slightly different. But there's a rule to it. For example, Phineas and Ferb can't get busted. That's where the Perry defeats Doof plot comes in. The inator fires at the boys' invention and it's not there anymore when their mom arrives. Doofenshmirtz on the other hand is an absolutely hillarious evil scientist. One of the funniest characters in P&F. True, the show declined slightly in Season 3. But the new season 4 is completely different. There's the new 1-hour specials such as "Save Summer" and "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars". Some people tend to criticize the cartoon, but it's actually amazing. The songs are pretty cool. The series is known for its catchy songs, either short or long. For example, one of the people's favourite is "Summer Belongs to You", a spectacular song in the P&F special titled with the same name. The duration of the song is just as long as any other pop song is definitely a very memorable song, depicting how great summer is and all the adventures they had on that they. From the new 1-hour special of "Save Summer", the song "Summer All Over the World" took place all around the world saying that it doesn't matter where you are, but we can all celebrate the joy it's amazing how the creators are able to create songs for the episodes in just a span of 1 hour. The best part is where all the famous guest stars come in. I mean come on, if they love this show, who wouldn't? One particular guest star was Slash in the song "Kick it Up a Notch" in the "Phineas and Ferb Movie: Across the Second Dimension". There's also the interesting thing about this series where every episode relates to the next. You can notice character development from season to season. Instead of just focussing on the few main characters,new characters are always introduced, and somehow, these characters end up in future episodes as well. Thus, increasing the bonds of each character. In the new season, the animation has also been improved. Some may not notice, but there are many uncommonly used words in the series, and this helps people to learn more words, especially for the kids. This can open their horizons. Besides, this series wasn't meant for kids only, the series was also made for adults of all ages to enjoy. This is by far one of the best 2D animation series ever. This is my opinion though, and definitely the opinions of all P&F fans around the world. If you don't like it, watch every single episode from the start up until "Save Summer" and be sure not to miss out on "Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars" premiere.
  • Phineas' VOICE

Great show, but the last three years have been tough to watch. The actor who reads Phineas for some reason now puts the accent on the last word of every SENTENCE. No matter the SITUATION. He barely enunciates the line, until he gets to the last WORD. Like he doesn't read the script until ten mintues before RECORDING.
  • The Cartoon That Rewrote The Book

For years we have been bombarded with grotesque looking Cartoons that rely on heavily on surrealism and dark humored themes. Then in 2007, Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh came along to prove that Cartoons need to be fun and not restricted to one audience. The result was Phineas and Ferb, an absolute breath of fresh air that reminded us that Cartoons need to be made for positive attributions. PF has taught us to never let the greatest of life's moments slip away and to always have confidence in ourselves that we can achieve any goals we set (any age group can relate to this theme). The characters are can be related with and are a joy to watch, the music is fun and most of all it has a brain (the writing is genius in its simplicity). I recommend this show for anyone of any age group! The best cartoon ever made and I'm a 90s child!
  • Great except for the schmusic...

We recently discovered Phineas & Ferb (via Netflix) and completely enjoyed most of what I'm guessing were the first two seasons. However, the past ten episodes or more (we're now a bit past the Lake Nose Monster show) have been ruined by idiotic musical interludes. Did someone at Disney start poking his or her big fat nose into the production at that point? "Hey, we need to really DISNEY-up this great cartoon by sticking in pointless musical numbers!" Unlike some posters here, I don't mind the repetitive plots, as long as they remain clever. But the musical stuff (other than over the opening/closing credits) is a complete drag. Sadly, the show seems to have jumped the shark (or the Lake Nose Monster?). But long live Perry the Platypus!
  • Awesome show!

I don't know why people are hating it. I love the episode Return Policy and you're going to love It's No Picnic. I've watched Return Policy and Live and Let Drive.
  • One of the only decent shows on Disney Channel.

The animated shows on Disney/Nickelodeon are the only good shows on today's TV.
  • The most creative show of all time

this show made me laugh, realise that it is something close to my heart.. i feel this is the most creative one and also gives kids great morals.. the unusual elements bring us the idea of wide range thinking and really this generation kind of show.. i love this on no matter what.. the best cartoon i've ever seen..