Phineas and Ferb

She's the Mayor

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 14, 2010 on Disney Channel

• Candace is Mayor For a Day?... Wow! not only is a storyline like stupid but it is also a very bad episode. You want to know what the worst part of the episode is though? The very ending

Candace wins the DanvilleMayor for a Dayessay contest and utilizes her position in an effort to bust Phineas and Ferb when they build an old-fashioned Pioneer town in the backyard. Meanwhile, Roger Doofenshmirtz uses his day off to play a game of golf with his brother. However, Heinz finds the sport boring and uses a Time Accelerate-inator to speed through the game. But thanks to Perry, the evil doctor is thwarted, as is Candace just when it looks like she's certain to bust Phineas and Ferb. Here is another perfect example on why "Phineas and Ferb" is possible the worst Disney Channel animated show. I don't need to say this every time I review an episode of this show BUT... I hate hate hate Candace soooooo much. She proved to me right here why she is the most awful, most annoying, and most despised cartoon character in the history of cartoons. I wonder if Ashley Tisdale gets tired of playing Candace since all she says most of the time is "Mom, mom, mom". My score is only a little high because this episode delivered like maybe 3 or 4 laughs and that's it. The worst part of this entire episode was by far the ending because Phineas and Ferb actually got busted except they remind back all the way to the very beginning after that. Seriously? why do people like this cartoon... sure, from time to time, it delivers enjoyable episodes but how can people possibly think Candace is hilarious character. I've only seen this episode once and I remember hating pretty much everything especially the very ending. Overall, this was such a bad episode of "Phineas and Ferb". 3/10

• Great Episode!!!!!

Candace wins The Mayor for a day Essay Contest, and she csn make as many laws as she wants. Meanwhile, Phineas and Ferb build a pioneer village, without using any machines or tools.

Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz has to play a game of golf with his brother, with Perry the Platypus as his caddy.

Then, Mayor Candace holds a ceremony to bust her brothers. When mom comes back, she sees what the boys have done, but Dr. Doof's machine rewinds the whole day, and Phineas and Ferb were never busted.

This was a great episode. There were many funny jokes, and the plot was great.

Overall Grade:95%/A+
  • Normally, I never give any P&H less than a 9.5...

It was fun, and it was silly. Candace, like many a cartoon kid before her (Like the Teen Pebbles Flintstone) becomes Mayor for the Day--somehow wielding actual mayoral power. On the plus side, we get to see that Roger Doofenshmirtz is not actually better than his brother--just better at dodging his responsibilities. Of course, the boys build or overbuild an Old West town using actual Old West methods. Good crazy Povenmire fun in Danville, until...

Linda sees the town and busts the boys, followed by the reset. My problem here is, is this town really bust-worthy? No singing soldiers and Indians offering the history of that era. No gift shop. By P&H standards, this is a lazy day affair. And how does it prove everything Candace has ever claimed, from the Rollercoaster on through? The town is an amazing feat, but its not a freaking tower into infinity, and yet Linda looks prepared to come down on it like it was the space rocket. I would be stunned that two to four kids pulled this off, but its not bust-worthy. Alternately, it may be bust-worthy for the day, but not in the shut-down-forever way Candace seems to sometimes want.

Like the first Twilight Zone, there are no bad P&H eps. But some do a lot better than others.
  • Perfect

Candace wins mayor for the day and uses this power to make all sorts of crazy laws. Roger Doof, the actual mayor, spends the day with Heinz and Perry the Platypus needs to figure out his plan.

Good, this is probably the closest the boys have gotten to being busted, which was interesting to see. Candace was a little annoying throughout, I thought, but the overall episode was pretty nice and I thought it was handled well. My overall grade for this episode is an A+, one of the better late s2 episodes, I sure think so anyways. Just perfect