Phineas and Ferb

Skiddley Whiffers

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 26, 2011 on Disney Channel

• This, another fantastic episode of Phineas and Ferb, deserves higher than a ten! That's how good this is! Fresh humor, originality (as usual), and a different, albeit less funny look at Candace, not to mention a bit of emotional depth.

This, in my personal opinion, is one of the finest episodes of Phineas and Ferb in a while (the movie doesn't count), if not one of the greatest cartoon episodes in a long time. This episode showcases brilliantly showcases everything that makes this show great; originality, laugh out loud humor, and strong emotions.

Candace is shown in a different light in this episode. Still the typical older sister, she is shown claiming to be better than her brothers at the game known as Skiddley Whiffers. In my opinion, she is LESS funny than normal. Her increasing insanity and trying to get her brothers in trouble is one of the shows main humor points, and this is just not her character. Although I did like the character, I just prefer her usual self over this.

Doofenshmirtz's plan in this episode is different as well; no -inators here! He plans to keep his daughter safe. And we learn that he experiences something many parents feel; not wanting their kids to grow up. He tries to help, but ends up looking like a fool, which is almost side-splitting! When Perry was dressed as the little bear, and Vanessa reprimanded him, that was extremely funny!

But what I really liked about that scene was the conversation between Dr. Doofenshmirtz and Vanessa. It was something new to any animated show; REAL. That is what it would actually be like in real life, and that's one of the many reasons why this cartoon is so great.

Doofenshmirtz was willing to cover himself in honey to lure bees away from his daughter and her friends, who are all allergic to bees. Doof, who himself is allergic to bees, lured the bees away to save the group. It really shows how much he really cares about Vanessa.

But at the end Candace returns to her funny, original self and tries to bust Phineas and Ferb frantically, but failed. She admits she had fun and enjoyed herself, and had a good day.

I noticed a writer that I recognized from several Steven Spielberg shows; Tom Minton. He wrote for Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, and Pinky and the brain, all excellent shows. Now he has found another excellent show to write for.

Another interesting tidbit is that this episode was directed by a former writer for SpongeBob. Jay Lender, along with Dan Povenmire (co-creator of Phineas and Ferb), wrote several episodes for that lovable (yet sometimes annoying meant in a good way) sponge. Jay is now working as a director for Phineas and Ferb. In fact, a lot of people left Spongebob to work on this show... no wonder Phineas and Ferb is great! But enough of SpongeBob. After all, they ARE two different shows.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode, and it is a highlight of what appears to be the best season yet!

10/10= I wish I could give it a higher rating!