Phineas and Ferb

Tri-Stone Area

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 13, 2012 on Disney Channel

6.9
  • Just a little unoriginal, that's all.

Though it isn't worth watching many times, this one at least tried.

Basically, the whole episode is a rip-off of Spongebob still though, how it is introduced is quite nice, and well, that's it for me. However, this episode doesn't come without its faults. The song at the end was played TWICE IN A ROW, and it was quite annoying for me, and the plot is a little too predictable. But any who, I seem to be in the middle with this one.
  • Liked it!

The song alone is worth the price of admission....
  • Pure, unadulterated silliness, and I loved every minute.

Clearly this episode wasn't every viewer's cup of tea; reviews here seem to be all love or all hate, and I do get why some people just wouldn't be into it. But for me? It was pure gold. Such pure, wonderful silliness, I love that over the course of the episode, you can't help but pick up a bit of 'cave man' vocab. I love how they play off not only all the cave man cliches, but also the whole pile of their own running gags, each one twisted just enough. The prehistoric version of Gitchi Gitchi Goo is just fantastic. And the cameos by Dan and Swampy (photo animation, 'cause live action wasn't in the budget!), debating whether or not the whole thing was a bad idea, even showing off a few dance moves... That absolutely made the episode.
  • Sorry fans but I actually enjoyed this episode.

Ok Phineas and Ferb are in Preatoric times and they invent the wheel and I don't know what Dr. Doofensmirtz does in the subplot. Well Sorry fans but I found this episode really funny and enjoying. I thought it was cool that they were all cavemen. I thought it was funny that we couldn't understand. I was laughing a lot in this episode. Now I don't normally like cavemen episode but this one was really funny. Now I loved the song at the end Gitchy Gitchy Gitch Goo in cavemen version. I also liked the stampede of mammoths towards the end I believe that' what it was. Well this episode was perfect but Doof Dynasty was better and the Temple of Juachunde was way better believe or not. Overall a fun episode that got a lot of laughs 10/10.
  • What the (bleep) were the writers thinking?

The Tri-State Area is changed into the prehistoric Tri-Stone Area, and all the characters become cavemen and cavewomen. Man, this show is getting worse and worse and it definitely needs to end soon. The theme song said that there are 104 days of summer and it's already passed 104 episodes of "Phineas and Ferb" so they should've gone back to school by now. Anyways, the writers are REALLY running out of ideas and they are so desperate that they come up with an awful and boring prehistoric idea. Also, we can't understand a frickin' word that anyone was saying throughout this episode because it is cave-talk. Hello writers, not to sound rude but you could've at least put in subtitles (a.k.a. words in the bottom of the screen to translate) so the audience can actually know what they are saying. Okay then again, it doesn't matter because we know that prehistoric Candace will say "Oh Jeremy" or "Mom, Mom, Mom" but in caveman talk. Also, why would the writers put in the Gitchy Gitchy Goo song in caveman version. Like wow writers, you could've gone one episode without a song and you had to re-use that repetitive and awful song. All of the humor (oh, that's right there was no humor) were awful and just boring. This whole entire episode was just a filler. Come on writers, you make an episode where Phineas and the others make fart sounds in Ferb-Latin, an awful Christmas episode, an episode where potatoes invade Danville, and now an awful prehistoric episode. I don't even want to think about how tomorrow's new episode will turn out but I better be surprised because it's probably been 3 or 4 months since I've actually seen a good episode of "Phineas and Ferb". Writers, just either come up with better ideas or end this show because it's painful for me to even watch an episode this awful. My score would've been a 0.5 but the photo animation scenes with Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh were a little funny but they really don't save the mess of an episode by a lot. Overall, an awful Prehistoric episode of "Phineas and Ferb"... I'm gonna guess tomorrow's new episode will be awful as well but it will be a surprise if it does turn out to be good, I won't get my hopes up though. 1/10
  • What the crap disney channel? This episode shouldn't have evn existed.

1.5
    OK this is one the worst Phineas and Ferb episodes i have ever seen. This episode was so freakin terrible! This episode is about the Tri state area turning into the stone age where the cast was cave men and cave women and they spoke a language that no one understood. I think this show should be canceled already but its obious that the writers are running out of ideas. I mean this show came around Wizards of Waverly place it should end soon. Now the whole plot was stupid and terrible, i rolled my eyes when Dr. Doofensmert was telling his flash back in cavemen. Now the part when the writers make an apperance as human was just boring and pathetic. Now the song was pretty cool so that raised the score u pa little bit. Now what made this show terrible is the language, i couldn't understand a sing word they were saying. Now i thought that they should've used cations. Overall 1.5/10 If you missed this episode don;t watch it if you do you'll be sorry.
  • I usually do not like caveman episodes (Spongebob B.C), but this one is funny! I am not being biased, either.

In prehistoric times, caveman versions of Phineas and Ferb try to invent something new and exciting: the wheel! Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz tries to get his brother to move from his luxurious lifestyle by creating a stampede of mammoths. And, the real life creators of the show give input.

As stated before, I generally do not like caveman episodes. But this one actually works. It is fast-paced, funny, and creative. All of the cliches of the show and running gags and even the song "Zubada" was well executed. Sure, this episode wasn't the best, but it definitely stands out, and is different, funny, and good. I like it.

Overall, a fun and different episode, with plenty of laughs to go around.

My Grade: 9/10 B+
  • It's 2012 and Phineas and Ferb is off to a good start. Even in Prehistoric Time.

For those who don't know, this weekend will be about Phineas and Ferb going to differrent time areas. And thier first stop is in Prehistoric time.

In it Phineas and Ferb (as Cavemen) decide to create the wheel while a caveman version of Candace. tries to bust them. Meanwhile Doofenshmirtz (also as a caveman decides to take his brother Roger's place by using a stick that he will use on a heard of mammoth to cause them to stampede towards roger's place and scare him off.

For 2012, Phineas and Ferb is off to a good start. Not only is this episode good and fun to watch, it makes fun of a overused cliche, and making fun of overused cliches is one of the things that Iove about this show, (that as well as the songs and the characters.)

This episode has alot of funny moments. Here are a few:

* Throughout the episode, we can't understand what the characters are saying. That is why Dan and Swampy appear from time to time to explain what is going on in the episode in this wierd yet kinda cool stop photo animation.

* How Candace and Stacy use cell phones in prehistoric time.

* How the characters have prehistoric looks.

* The cameo by Conk.

* The caveman version of Gitchee Gitchee Goo.

And I also love Ferb's line at the end, but I am not going to spoil it.

Overall, "Tri-Stone Area" is a great episode to start off 2012 for the show.

And the Time Shift Weekend continues because in the next episode, Phineas and Ferb go to Ancient China.

Tri-Stone Area Overall Score - 10 out of 10.