Pimp My Ride

MTV - Music Television (ended 2007)

Pimp My Ride Fan Reviews page 4 of 9

• Great show

Great show it´s just fantastic i tell you.The form that they pimp the cars it´s absolutely fabulous they put so many things in just one car that is what make the show special they put plasma, computers, great columns,and things accordance with the style of the conductors but I make a question for same me, yes they pimp the cars but later he is alone of given hand? or they pay to one little price? I liked to know.but it is a program that I have pleasure in seeing and not dumb the channel! the thing funniest is as some girls cry out in such a way when they veêm the X-Zibit!
  • basically about cars getting pimped out

i personally like it mainly for the reason because guys, well mostly all guys love cars and it seems very guyish but u dont have to be a guy to like this show. because its basically decorative but to a car. i find it very intresting tho i onli like shows that have plot lines or sumthing adventerous its sumwat entertaning and enjoyable. and even tho most ppl dont kno i realli do like this show even tho supposedly out of my element of usually stles and genres of shows. its also fun to watch how ppl react to see something that was once a piece of nothing transform to something unbelievabily cool.
  • My husban watchs this show everyday, I think its his 2 home, he's dream about this show for years.the things thay do with cars & trucks just makes his day he was a body man & custom painter for years in tx.its his dreams to get his 1986 s10 done by you

You know i've sign him up so maney times for the show its not funny. maybe im not doing right. My dearms is to get his truck done be for we lose him he's had 2 heart atacks& other health pr.when he was able to work on it he put a [dog nose][doors][bed][rims ][try to do the in side.he got the truck from my grampa 5 years ago after put a big umy bro. hit a tree with itput a big U in the front.its primer gray got 86 to 91 parts on it I just pray one day he can get done. Thanks for your time Tanya
  • Best fixer-upper show on TV

you people always have something to gripe about. take the stick out your backside. xzibit is a great host. he has the personality to match the leitmotiv of the show. very likable guy. they go through a very extensive process of selecting the most needy individuals. a previous individual on here stated a lot of the do-dads are unnecessary, and i think that is a biased statement. when you compare the salvageness (lol) of these cars prior to the pimping against the finished product, well, you do the math. i particularly like the ice cream truck. i'm sure this will boost the man's profits. i believe most of the pimped customers are college students who, most times, can't afford much more than a pack of ramen noodles. there are other shows that waste money on individuals who can very well make the modifications themselves. pimp my ride serves a different purpose. Great show
  • Pimp my ride is here to rock your motoring world.

Ever wondered if you were very rich what customisations you would carry out on your ideal (dream vehicle)? Well live the dream, pimp my ride crew and staff make this come true for unexpecting / deserving people from all across america. Sometime the add TV's to the vehicles / entertainment items, playstations, mobile satalites, its the stuff of dreams for the members of public who get to appear on the show. Its fronted by xzibit for the main part but also in later seasons has guess stars like tim westwood / lil john etc. I can watch this program for hours and hours, the interest is always in the creation of the vehicle and what unique features it has. If you have a creative mind then this is the show should get you fired up.
  • A decent show which sees xzibit present and West coast custom pimp Peoples Cars.

A decent show I think its a show you can be halfway through the day I love how hi tech they can go and the ideas for the cars out of this world they could have monitors popping out of any where in the car and were they put the speakers are great West Coast Customs also sometimes put personal computers in the cars. There is also individual people for every aspect of the design which include car painter and the hi tech dude etc for me a decent show which is worth watching aty certain time a decent show.
  • Hi my name is redfin We live in Aust and my 7 and 14year old boys love this show. My wife owns a 74 vw combi and loves this van more than she loves me . She sits 4 hours stearing and day dreaming in this kombi. Please come down under

This show has me thinking about my wifes kombi. I would love to pimp her ride, she deserves it after everything shes been through. The one show on the planet she wont miss is pimp my ride, so she can get ideas from the show, and shes not even a moter head. The thing is we had the moter done and the only thing she can do, is dream. Seems a shame, shes been dreaming her hole life and the one dream that come true was her beloved kombi.(and me as well). She would love 4 the show to come down under so she might have a chance at fixing up her ride. If for some lucky reason pimp my ride does come to aust please email us and let me know so i can submit her kombi . Great show and thanks. Redfin
  • This is a great show about cars.

This show is one of those shows that I definitively enjoy watching because the people who work on the cars can turn old cars into new cars. I truly enjoy that and it becomes better every season of it with new cars and things. I also like this show because the cars that Xzibit makes look awesome and cool in my opinion. Also in many episodes I liked the way they added a bathtub into a car and even a pool table, and I liked that because it looked very good and everything in this show is good and it deserves to be given a good rating.
  • the cars are kool

6.8
    yea its a good show and i watch it sometimes...but i just like to see the before and after cuz thats the most interesting part. i want one of the cars they "pimp" cuz there awesome.history:Xzibit and the good people at West Coast Customs make people's cars go from dirt to pimped in this 30 minute series.A pimped out car is usually worth $20,000 to $30,000."Pimp My Ride," returns for an all-new season, with an all-new garage. Once again, rap superstar and car enthusiast Xzibit and car customization specialist Mad Mike take aim on the biggest clunkers on the road.
  • Xzibit and the crew at west coast customs get down and diry with some of the most wasted cars in the whole history of wasted cars. Watch turn heap of metal in to a pimped out heap of metal!

Xzibit is always gonna be there when he sees a disgrace of a car. He will hount you down and tell you off, not only that, he will take the car away from you and practically buy you another one. you will be amazed when you see this happen to you and eventually it will unless you get your ride Pimped Out!
    The crew use top equipment to create the ultimate car customized to your standard of living. They'll even put a tumble dryer in your van or maybe a Play Staion or Xbox in their just for you. Wtch your back. The Amerian hit Tv Show Pimp My Ride is exclusive to MTV.
  • People take run down cars and "pimp" them to make them go from drab to fab!

I was just changing the channels one day looking for something to watch when I came across this show. All I saw was this shiny looking car with a chocolate fountain in the back and I immediatly got interested. But that was just the ending. When I actually saw a whole episode and I really got into it! They took these ugly horrible cars and made them look great with a new paint job and everything, and they even made it fit the person's personality. Like if your into comics, they would make the inside look like a comic book car or something. Its a really great show.
  • Awesome Show! Funniest thing I've seen on TV in ages, for real. Check out http://www.xzibitcentral.com/pimpmyride.php for more Pimp My Ride information!

Awesome Show! Funniest thing I've seen on TV in ages, for real. Xzibit is the best host I can think of to play the role of host in Pimp My Ride - so much better then that dodgy host they have on the british version of the show. It was good to see the episode that went back to the houses and checked out the cars to see if they were all beat up again, sold, or even crashed!

West Coast Customs was the better Pimpers in my oppinion, but GAS are pretty cool too!

• Your show is off the HOOK! We Love your show We watch it all the time. My son (10) watches all the episodes and My wife (57) loves it

Your show is off the HOOK! We Love your show We watch it all the time. My son (10) watches all the episodes and My wife (57) loves it and has a classic 1965 2dr Falcon wagon that she would love to have pimped! Do you ever do an Orange county PIMP? The car has been in our garage for two years and has become a storage bin for junk. It does not run. She is looking to make if the classis suburban Mom sruizer with DVD for the boy and room for her stuff. Looking for a real fun project. Let us know
  • just to let you now you should go to other countries to pimp the rides

hi your show is fabolous but the problem is only for Americans.I stay in kenya Africa All ways watch your but dream off my car being pimped. You sholud go other country come to Kenya i nw its to much to ask but it will boost ur show hope ull try my name is Hussein from Kenya Nakuru email husla786@yahoo.com hope recive it please mail me thanks tell X-bit hi wzup how are you. Your show rocks in kenya but its a dream for us to pimp our rides to thanks alot cheers hope it not to much to ask bye tc
  • Yeah, really cool show.

Xzibit is a really cool presenter and is a really funny guy. The designs of cars are amazing and make me wish I had a car to pimp out. I am a Brit and the American version is soooo much better than it. Seriously the UK version sucks, and is badly presented by Westwood. The car designs in the UK version are rubbish in my opinion. Pimp My Ride is simply amazing with the sort of stuff they do, ad must cost a lot of money to maintain a car that has a 40" tv screen in it. Love it!
  • the host xzibit gos and pimps out cars

The show picks young car owners (requirements limit participants to ages 18-28, according to the recent audition rules on the GAS website--see below) living in the Los Angeles/Southern California area. An episode of Pimp My Ride generally begins with the participant showing his or her car off, and convincing MTV why it needs to be "pimped". After this segment, rapper Xzibit shows up at the participant's house, takes a look at the car himself, makes wisecracks about the particular things that are wrong with it, and promises the owner a complete makeover of the vehicle.

After examining the car, Xzibit takes it to a custom body shop, West Coast Customs (WCC) in Seasons 1-4; replaced by Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) in Season 5), where the shop team generally replaces most of the components and rebuilds the interior and exterior from scratch.

Each car is a custom "pimp", tailored to the personalities and interests of the owners. For example, a Need for Speed: Underground fan had his car painted to look like one specially customized in the Need for Speed: Underground 2 game, while a bowler had a ball washer installed in his trunk, and a surfer got a full-size dryer (or at least one that fit) in the back of his Volkswagen van. Work usually includes new paint, accessories, chrome, tires and rims, and internal electronics (DVD players, video games, TFT screens of excessive size and other top notch gadgets). Most changes are only cosmetic, and mechanical work is generally only done to enable the car to run; the show has replaced entire engines with new engines. Both WCC and GAS are well-known for putting their own whimsical touches in their work, such as the aforementioned dryer, or an electric fireplace in the trunk of another vehicle.

At the end of the show, a car is revealed to its owner, as well as all the details of the renovation and the custom features; in addition, the participant is usually given a gift somehow related to the car or the owner's hobby.

[edit] Notes

[edit] Seasons 1-4
    On only three occasions did the show not "pimp" the automobile. In the first instance[1], the car-to-be-pimped was actually two halves of Ford Escorts welded together to make one car ('cut and shut'), and was considered unsafe. In the second instance[2] the "Pimpee" was studying to be an auto mechanic, and WCC decided to let him "pimp" his car as a study project. In the most recent such incident [3], Xzibit felt the "Pimpee's" car wasn't worth fixing, as heat from the car's engine was leaking into the cockpit. In all these cases, the "Pimpees" were given brand new cars, with extensive modifications to customize the new car for the owner.

Much of the appeal of the show comes from the personalities involved. The WCC employees are an eclectic mix of outgoing personalities, such as:

Owner Ryan (who was preceded by the good-natured manager Q) The appropriately named Big Dane Electronics (and outrageous engineering) expert Mad Mike Tough-looking interior and fabric maven Ish The heavily pierced tire-specialist Alex Paint and body expert Buck (Earlier episodes feature paint and body work by Aren Fanning.) Both host Xzibit and West Coast Customs have experienced boosts in business due to the show: Xzibit has gained wider attention for his music career (as well as hosting and movie gigs), and WCC had to expand their facilities, due to the international exposure Pimp My Ride gave their work. After the third season however, WCC manager "Q" announced that he would not be willing to take a role in the show anymore. It is also shown that Paint & Body's Buck was replaced by another person named 2Shae. Q cited a desire to expand the company's business with a customs shop in St. Louis, Missouri. Ryan Friedlinghaus, the owner of WCC, was featured in season 4 as the "lead" for discussions on what customizing will be done on the incoming cars.

Some of the show's pimped rides have found their way onto eBay, including, but not limited to, Ezra's Nissan Maxima Station Wagon[4], Krissy's Volkswagen Baja Bug[5], Jake's Buick Century[6], and Cristi's Chevrolet Panel Van[7].

[edit] Season 5-6
    Beginning with the fifth season, the show moved to another garage, Galpin Auto Sports (GAS), as Ryan, the WCC Owner, moved his shop to Corona, CA and has signed a deal with another television production company. However, the show retains Mad Mike (who apparently is a free agent who freelances with other customizers), now dubbed a "car customization specialist". The new cast includes the employees of GAS:

"Owner" Beau Boeckmann (In reality, Vice President of Galpin Auto; the owner of Galpin Auto is his father, Bert Boeckmann [1]) Electronics Expert And "The Wizard of Wiring" Mad Mike, The Wheels & Tires Specialist Gyasi, Paint & Body Luis, Accessories specialist Diggity Dave, Interiors Rick. Fabricator Cabe. [edit] Pimp My Ride worldwide
    Pimp My Ride is one of MTV's most popular shows in nearly all of its worldwide subsidiaries (numbering nearly 100), and also in the U.S., where it is second place to The Real World (which is generally much less known outside of the United States). Country Music Television, also owned by MTV parent Viacom, has a show called Trick My Truck that operates on the same principle, but only customizes semi-trailer trucks.

Canada's music network, MuchMusic, also aired the show until MTV Networks signed a deal with CTV, which resulted in MuchMusic losing their rights to MTV programs. MuchMusic's sister station in Quebec, MusiquePlus, airs the show subtitled in French under the title Pimp mon char ("char" is Quebec French for "car").

A UK version of the show launched on 26 June 2005, presented by the DJ Tim Westwood. Carisma Automotive are the customisers for the UK version.

The German-language MTV Central Europe has three adaptions of the show called Pimp My Fahrrad (English: "Pimp My Bicycle") and Pimp My Whatever. On Pimp My Fahrrad [2], the bike shop Elbcoast Psycles redoes almost the entire bicycle, usually leaving only the frame intact. While the show could be seen as a parody of the American original, it is also a loving tribute, using all the elements of the American show with a bicycle twist (Germany's safety guidelines are among the strictest in the world, and getting a road permit for thoroughly customized vehicles borders on the impossible. Similar rules apply in most of continental Europe). It is hosted by German actor Oliver Korittke. In Pimp My Whatever [3] ElbCoast Psychos return once more to pimp anything from a bathroom and a doghouse to a Birthday party or even someone's brother. Pimp My Whatever is hosted by MTV presenter Patrice Bouédibéla. Both shows are located in Hamburg.
    The original US Pimp My Ride is shown in English language with German subtitles.

MTV Italy also features a different version of Pimp My Ride, called Pimp My Wheels. Hosted by the Italian hip hop group Gemelli DiVersi, Pimp My Wheels turns old rusty motorscooters or motorcycles into brand-new shiny vehicles.

Pimp My Ride is currently broadcasting in almost all European countries with Pimp My Ride International, a European version of the show where cars are pimped from all over Europe in the Netherlands at All Stoff. The show is hosted by Lil' Jon and Fat Joe.

Pimp My Ride broadcasts on weekdays in the middle east in the channel MBC Action

ِAn Arabic version has started broadcasting on MBC 1 called Dale' Sayaratak (Arabic: دلع سيارتك "Spoil My Car").

A Maori language version airs in New Zealand.

MTV Brazil have started the Brazillian Pimp My Ride version, presented by the rock singer Jimmy London, from the group Matanza.

[edit] Cars featured on the show

[edit] U.S. Version

[edit] Season 1[8]
    Wyatt's Daihatsu Hi-Jet (1988) $20,000 of goods put into the Hi-Jet, painted in "Hi-Jet" blue with silver/grey flames. The "micro-van" was done with a Jet theme, including authentic airliner "fasten your seatbelt" plaques and a large spoiler/wing. The rear of the van included a wrap-around couch, wall mounted 15" TV and tiny fridge. Wyatt (tying to start a band) was given a preamp and guitar to be able to play music through the stereo system, and a mini camera was installed in the grill and displayed on the internal monitors. Nile's Cadillac Sedan de Ville (1978) Nile bought the car for $700 because it was "big and strong", and she wanted to show that big cars are "not just for guys, the girls can roll too." Painted in candy pink pearl and fitted with 20 inch wheels, the car had a see-through DVD changer in the dash and a plexiglas-encapsulated "river" (playing off the River Nile). And when the trunk opened, a shoe rack full of new shoes automatically extended, replacing the pile of old shoes Nile had stashed in her trunk. Logan's Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (1986) Christine's Honda Civic (1992) 3 days after Christine's episode aired, her grandmother died of gastric cancer.[citation needed] Revealed that she only drives the car on weekends and keeps the car on blocks to prevent theft. Antwon's Mitsubishi Mirage (1989) Mary's Ford Mustang (1967) The car was originally fitted with special exhaust pipes that shot out flames when the engine was started. However, due to concerns of the WCC owner Ryan that such devices could be illegal, they were quickly removed. Jared's Ford Ranger (1985) The Ranger was given a pearl orange paint job and lowered 3 inches. Under the truck bed cover was a ping-pong table which slid out to reveal a couch and a TV with a Nintendo Gamecube. Danelle's Pontiac Trans Am (1981) When the Trans Am was being pimped, some of the WCC crew made references to Smokey and the Bandit. This pimped-out vehicle had a coffee maker installed in a center console and a chandelier in place of the dome light. Neil's Chevrolet LUV Truck (1974) Shonda's Ford Mustang Convertible (1989) During the episode, Xzibit made several references to Vanilla Ice because the car featured had an extreme resemblence to the car used by Vanilla Ice in his music video for Ice Ice Baby. Ezra's Nissan Maxima Station Wagon (1984) The Nissan was referred to as the 'identity crisis' because of the Datsun and Nissan badges. The Wagon was turned into a mobile DJ booth by WCC. Krissy's Volkswagen Baja Bug (1960) Brian's Honda CRX (1987) This was the first car to visually get a brand new engine, as the old engine died before Xzibit could pull it into the shop. Gabriella's Toyota Land Cruiser (1972) A pick-ax with a padlock came with the Land Cruiser. Kerry's Ford Escort (1988/89) This was two halves of two Ford Escorts welded and "gummed" together; therefore the car was considered too dangerous for him to continue to own. To replace this car, WCC and Xzibit procured a 2004 Scion xB and "pimped" that instead. [edit] Season 2
    Ron's Cadillac Eldorado (1984) The rims put on it were 24 karat gold plated 18 inch Daytons, and were worth more than the car originally. Kiearah's Ford Escort (1991) Turned into a replica of a BMW M3 Ryan's Volkswagen Bus (1958) Since Ryan loves to surf, so an automated surf rack was installed on the roof. Also a 40 inch TV was placed in the back, making it the largest TV WCC has ever put in a car. A fold-out stop sign that read "CHILL" (like the kind found on school buses) was put on the side. Alice's Chevrolet Suburban (1985) WCC installed a working sink in the back along with a "mirror" since Alice wanted to be a make-up artist. Erin's Chevrolet S-10 Blazer (1987) Fitted with a fireplace in the back and flames on the side. Josh's Acura Legend (1988) Quoc-Viet's Nissan 240SX (1989) Produced as a replica tie-in with the video game Need for Speed: Underground 2. Of note is that the game uses a fastback, while the pimped car was a coupe. West's Ford Fairlane (1963) The 19-year old owner was hoping to become a mechanic, so WCC and Xzibit decided to let him restore his car himself and procured a 2005 Toyota 4Runner to "pimp". This is the only time that the car intended to be pimped was returned to the person without being worked on, and the only time in three "replacement pimps" (to date) that the person got back the old car AND received a new pimped vehicle. [edit] Season 3
    Nate's Ford Econoline (1985) Formerly a Municipal Van, turned into a Limousine for the band that the owner played for. The hot tub in the rear was so heavy that hydraulic airbags were required to support it. Sara's Chevrolet S10 (1988) Brooke's Chevrolet Cavalier Convertible (1991) A digital projector was mounted on the trunk lid, which could pivot so that the projector faced forward and could turn any wall into a drive-in movie theater. A popcorn maker was also installed in the center console, and individual DVD players were also stuffed into the headrests so the rear passengers could each watch their own movie. Tom's Chevrolet Caprice (1996) This was a former Police car. Since Tom is a skateboarder, WCC equips the Caprice with grind rail from the rear bumper, with Impala-like body kits, custom gold paint, and super hi-beam lights inside the trunk. The car has been equipped with police lights via microphone. Tom also received a WCC skateboard. JT's Honda Civic (1988) Jekara's Chevrolet Bel Air (1955) Dubbed Big Bertha by the owner. Vivian's Toyota Wonderwagon LE (1986) Was given a dog grooming area in the trunk, and a recreated 80's Arcade table-top game in the passenger cab area. Eric's Mitsubishi Eclipse (1998) To reflect his job as a baggage handler at the airport, the hatch area had three belts that simulated a baggage claim area. On each belt, was a Sony PSP. Given a half/half paint job, where one side was one color scheme, while the other side was another color scheme. [edit] Season 4
    Jessica's AMC Pacer (1976) The owner of the vehicle was studying to become a nutritionist. The car was fitted with a huge cloth sunroof, a rear wing with a solar panel to power the electronics, and a juicer in the trunk. The entire interior of the car was retrofitted with yellow shag carpeting; when he saw it Xzibit promptly joked, "Who killed Big Bird?" This car was infested with rat droppings; indeed, the mechanics found a live rat inside the car. Consequentially, Xzibit's gift to the car's owner was a cat, which Jessica named "Pacer". Josh's Toyota Corolla (2003) The car had suffered a lot of superficial body damage before it was "pimped". The reverse gear was also broken, which WCC had repaired. Intriguing features of this car included four liquid crystal displays mounted in the left and right of both front and rear bumpers. Since being pimped, Josh wrecked the car, as he brought it to the "Where are They Now?" episode sans hood. Xzibit mockingly told Josh that they don't do Re-Pimps. Xzibit also revealed that, 15 minutes after giving Josh his rental car - MTV gives rental cars to the owners whose cars are being pimped - he also wrecked his rental car (a Chevrolet Malibu). Heather's Chevrolet C10 (1986) This truck was "pimped" so that the entire truck bed could come out at an angle. Also, the driver's seat included a special raise/lower feature, as Heather (a very short female) had difficulty seeing out the back. The truck had its brakes nearly completely gone (which emits a very loud screeching sound); the show featured the truck hitting an egg (before the brakes were fixed), then rerunning the same stunt with fixed brakes, where the egg was not hit. The electronics in the back of her truck coast more than $30,000. Tin's Dodge Caravan (1988) Since the owner was a full-time student who often slept in his car, the van was installed with a custom fully-reclining Maybach-style seat positioned between two waterfalls. It also included a 17" LCD flip monitor, a built-in DVD player. In addition, Tin was given a laptop with wireless internet, a wireless keyboard and a USB compatible microscope. Alex's Chevrolet Chevelle convertible (1968) An all-new small-block Chevy V8 engine was installed in the car in order to live up to its reputation as a muscle car. Also, since the driver practiced magic, it also had its sound system concealed, only to be revealed by a secret incantation. Alex revealed on the "Where are They Now?" episode that he wrecked the car the first day he got it back. Rashae's Ford Taurus (1989) This car was fitted with memory foam seats for the comfort of the driver, and since the owner had aspirations to be a Hollywood stuntwoman, the trunk was fitted with a professional stunt cushion. The Taurus's front door hinges were altered to swing upward (Lamborghini style) and the rear doors opened horizontally without hinges. Jake's Buick Century (1986) The WCC crew removed the backseats and replaced it with the MTX JackHammer, a 22" subwoofer weighing 369 lb. A decibel meter was installed in the dash to alert the driver to keep it down. Uniquely, due to wanting a retro 50's nature for the car, this would perhaps be the only car in Pimp My Ride's history to have flat black paint, and alloys replaced with regular steel wheels, whitewalls, and hubcaps. Cristi's Chevrolet Panel Van (1957) The owner was of Italian descent. The WCC crew installed a copy of Michelangelo's famous mural painting The Creation of Adam on the ceiling of the truck. Prior to "pimping", the van had a large bullet hole through the passenger's side windshield. [edit] Season 5
    Calvin's Chevrolet Malibu (1977) Having stated that Calvin had seen a UFO (known as the Flying Saucer) after living in the desert, his car was painted silver with green glow-in-the-dark crop circles and featured doors that opened automatically via a remote control. Erin's Volkswagen Thing (1973) The 181/Thing was equipped with snakeskin and crocodile interiors. The GAS crew equipped it with a 200-horsepower turbo engine in order to go off-road. Monique's Mitsubishi Galant (1994) The Galant was painted sky blue with a white sun on the hood and doors. The GAS crew swapped the rear seat for a chaise longue, featuring 6 LCD monitors and a laptop which could be pulled out. One of the more notable features was a scrolling LED marquee installed on which Monique could display her spoken word poetry. Dante's Ford Econoline Ice Cream Truck (1976) This was the first actual business vehicle to be pimped, which means Dante could receive a tax deduction if he gets taxed for everything put into it.[citation needed] The truck was painted sapphire blue with icicles on the side. Ice cream-related features included a touch screen order system, a robotic arm which can dispense the ice cream to the customer at a kid level, and a full stock of ice cream. He still sells ice cream in the north side of Long Beach, California.[citation needed] The GAS crew found a family of eight mice in this van when stripping it. Jason's Toyota T100 (1994) Having been completely stripped of all parts and stolen, only the actual frame and cabin remained (he still can drive it because California state law says that in order to drive a car, it must have working headlights, which it has). The car was painted in a camoflage style purple, white and black, nicknamed "glamoflage" (sticking out instead of blending in as camoflage does). The car also had bullet proof seats. Other than a complete "pimping" of his car, Jason also received a Yamaha Raptor 660 All Terrain Vehicle which was also pimped. The GAS crew put two LCD monitors and a DVD player on the ATV. This vehicle was also for sale on ebay for an asking price of $12,500 however, it didn't sell. Joe's Cadillac Deville Limousine Xzibit was stopped by a LASD policeman while driving the car to the GAS garage. Having replaced the divider with a 50 inch plasma monitor, a Pneumatic Tube system was installed so the passengers could communicate with the driver. A rumble seat was installed in the trunk, with a 28-inch plasma TV that flipped up from the roof. Joe was warned not to drive the limo with anyone sitting back there. Shawna's Toyota Celica (1990) Given typical ricer mods like Lambo-style doors, bodykit, outrageous paint scheme and other related modifications. Installed in the trunk was an Apple PowerBook laptop with 2 terabytes of hard drive space, via external hard drives. It could also be controlled with a 7-inch touch screen in the front. In the console, GAS gave Shawna an iPod Nano and a Palm Treo cell phone, which Shawna did not know how to use, as she had never owned a computer or a cell phone. Tad's Land Rover Range Rover (1989) Xzibit finds the graphics on the SUV and he does not know what kind of graphics these are. The Range Rover was given an orange paint job with a white stripe. In the rear a water bed and water machine were installed. On the roof GAS installed a satellite dish which could connect to the internet from anywhere in the world. Gerald's Chevrolet Monte Carlo (1978) Gerald's Monte Carlo was given the Southern "Box" treatment. It was painted black with leopard flames on the front. The car was given 24-inch spinners which raised it by 8 inches. This is a GAS record for the largest rims installed on a car. Ellyn's Ford Contour (1996) Xzibit finds a car marked with claws that Ellyn explains was attacked by a bear while she and her friends were camping. The GAS crew equips her car with green and orange tear graphics and the muffler-like salmon cannon in order to prevent a bear from attacking her car again. John's Mercury Cougar (1968) Xzibit found one spinner on the car's tires Car painted black base with canary yellow racing stripes. GAS also installed a 450 hp Roush racing motor. Special feature was the 32 foot inflatable projector screen Xilomen's Ford Probe (1995) Car's Aztec-style paint scheme by street artist Man One; interior seats done up with Aztec pyramid designs; trunk made to hold art supplies for Xilomen's art classes; car can "paint" via paint guns in each tire's wheel well. Tyler's Chevrolet El Camino (1965) A football fan's El Camino becomes the ultimate tailgating machine. Metallic purple paint job with yellow flames. New 350 cubic inch, 350 hp engine with birdcatcher blowers. Satellite TV with five plasma monitors, 5000 W audio amplifier, and Playstation 2. Also includes a propane grill and Wunder Bar condiment dispenser. In addition, Tyler received tickets to the 2006 Oakland Raiders season opener, as well as a Randy Moss NFL jersey. Tyler's grandfather had won this car playing poker and had given it to him. Lawanna's Volkswagen Bug (1968) Car's body parts placed with the Porsche and Ferrari body kits by the GAS crew. The car's theme was "Hair Force One". This is due to the fact that Lawanna was a hair stylist who was about to enter the air force. In the trunk in the car's front was installed a sink with shampoo and conditioner dispensers, as well as waterproof speakers and an iPod nano. Inside the car was a high-power hair dryer which got air via a scoop on the car's roof. The cockpit featured airplane-style gauges and a flight navigation system. Xzibit also gave her a plane toy that includes flight lessons in order to fly a real plane. Josh's Chevrolet K5 Blazer (1987) The snowboarder's ride was given an RC car-style paint job, 6 subwoofers in the trunk, and a 60-inch flip-up LCD monitor in the rear. Presumably inspired by Mad Magazine's Pimp My Ride parody, the truck received diamond-plate mud flaps with 7" monitors installed in them. Josh also received a new Burton snowboard with a 7-inch monitor built in. Mary's Nissan Pulsar (1988) (replaced with a new Ford Mustang GT (2006)) The Nissan Pulsar was a former Japanese car. Due to the high temperatures the engine was giving off to the cockpit, Xzibit replaced the Pulsar with a brand-new Ford Mustang GT to be pimped. This is only the third time in the series history, and the first time using GAS as the customizer, that the vehicle was replaced rather than pimped. The new Mustang GT was painted bright green with chrome on the front end. The interior featured 17 monitors between the pillars, sun visors, dashboard, and head rests. In the trunk were three additional monitors, including a 20-inch monitor which could pop out, tilt, and spin around. This is a PMR record for most monitors installed (20 total). [edit] Season 6
    "Where are They Now?" Episode Xzibit revisited the pimped cars of "Big" Ron (Cadillac El Dorado), Dante (Ford Econoline Ice Cream Truck), Josh (Toyota Corolla), Nile (Cadillac DeVille), Ryan (VW Bus), Christine (Honda Civic), and Alex (Chevrolet Chevelle). Two of the cars have since been wrecked: Josh's Corolla (he also totaled the rental car they gave him) and Alex's Chevelle (which was totaled the first day he got it). Tenita's Ford Thunderbird (1965) Equipped with a new Ford Racing Engine, Kumho racing tires that makes pink smoke if the driver does a burnout, windows that roll up by snapping, and a trunk where it takes pictures when the trunk lid is opened. Mike's Grumman Kurbmaster (Bread Truck) (1978) Mike had bought the van from the Wonder Bread company for $300 when they retired their fleet. Mike had done a pimping job on his own car. The back of his car contained a chandelier, a couch, a surfboard, a TV, and a Super NES; making it the first car on the show that had a video game system in the car before it was pimped. Mad Mike hooked up two MTX Audio JackHammers into the car. Christopher's Chevrolet Impala SS (1965) This show featured Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was equipped with GM's 6.6L Duramax turbodiesel, mated with an Allison Transmission, and intended to run on biodiesel. The show was working in correlation with MTV's Break the Addiction campaign. The GAS crew also equipped the car with hemp covered seats, which prompted Arnold to remind the crew that hemp was illegal in Califronia. Spechelle's Mercedes-Benz 300 SE (1981) GAS paints the car pink with a redish-pink symbol on the front, they took the Mercedes symbol off and made a big "S" made out of diamonds (actually rhinestones). Monitors were put in all of the head rests (Facing forward for some strange reason, making it so people in the front seats would have to turn their head around to watch them). Also, it included fake beaver skin seats. At the end they gave her custom made pink Roller Skates. GAS crew equips with a special "crunk trunk", which opens and closes repeatedly. However, this show features GAS crew Jason, placing his arm on an open trunk. Mad Mike then tests it out, and his arm becomes amputated. Jason says that it's "only a flesh wound". The blood nearly stained the car. The forward facing head rest monitors were dubbed "Extreme Hatervision" by Mad Mike and Xzibit. Robert's Chevrolet Van (1984) The GAS crew equips with a slot machine in order to open the sliding door, the owner must get a jackpot. A Craps table floor and a keyboard piano with a Roulette table built inside were installed. Laila's Plymouth Voyager (1998) [edit] UK Version - Pimp my Ride UK

[edit] Season 1 (2005)
    Bethan's Morris Minor (1961) Bethan wanted her car pimped so it could be her wedding car. The headrests had custom embroidered "Mr." and "Mrs." (Mrs on the driver's side, naturally), as well as a matching love seat in the boot. Surfboards were resting on a new roof rack, and since Bethan was "really into" photography the garage install a laptop, printer, digital camera, plus a cell phone to upload pictures on the go. Asif's Volkswagen Golf (1989) The Golf was made over with Lamborghini-Style doors. Jay's Ford Granada Hearse (1983) The funeral car was pimped for Jay and his band to perform gigs in. Armick' Fiat Panda (1987) The Panda was pimped with a trailer containing skate equipment. Sean's Ford Capri (1986) The interior was decorated with over 1000 Swarovski crystals. Also the car is not owned by him anymore. (Retro Ford Magazine. Issue 3 Confirmed) Bez's black cab (1988) Starring also Davina McCall from Big Brother. Ironically, the car was originally a sleeper before being rebuilt, With Bez having spent his Big Brother Prize money on a Chevy V8 and race exhaust. The sound and video system included a Dj turntable, twenty speakers, eight amps, two DVD players, fifteen TV screens and a camera on the grill linked to one of the screens. The sign on top of the car saying 'TAXI' was changed to say 'PIMP' [edit] Season 2 (2006)
    Chris's Nissan Sunny (1988) Chris won his car in a Poker game. Due to the rough condition of the bodywork, a mint-condition donor car was used for its parts. Adam's BMW 316 E30 (1989) Adam obviously didn't have trouble sleeping before filming. Instead of answering the door, Westwood had to wake him up! Zoë's Volkswagen Split Screen Camper (1967) Zoë was actually conceived in her own campervan dubbed "The Beastie", The car had been in her family for nearly 40 years. Lana's Volkswagen Polo (1990) Lana had been a flight attendant and was trying to earn a Private Pilot License at the time of the filming. The car was fitted with actual Boeing 747 seats. Jamie's Suzuki Swift GTi (1991) Jamie was given a hand cast of his favourite actor, and of course Westwood. The car was covered in vinyl stickers in his favourite Japanese style. Sheerin's Volkswagen Beetle (1969) Lawrence's Ford Anglia (1959) As Lawrence was a fan of 1950s culture, the car was pimped in the style of a 1950s hotrod. An American style diner was installed in the boot. It was advertised for sale in the March 2007 issue of Custom Car Magazine. Hannah's Kia Pride (1991) On the way to the garage, Westwood blew up the engine. Bedford Rascal (1990) Volkswagen Type 2 Pickup (1979) No fewer than 12 panels were replaced before paint, then a hot tub, complete with colour changing (chromotherapy) jets was added. [edit] Series 3 (2007)
    LDV 400 Series Minibus (1994) This was pimped as part of the 2007 Comic Relief appeal, the "Community Volunteer Transport" of the Staffordshire Moorlands. The van features an LCD screen bingo game which is linked behind each seats of the bus for its elderly passengers which it ferries around on. Oli's Renault Clio RT (1991) Robin's Ford Transit (1992) The van was used as a tourbus for Robin and his band. It had a recording studio with a sofa in the rear, and the outside was decorated with the band's logo and a picture of the band members. Abi's Daihatsu Hijet (1999) Dave's Ford Fiesta (1994) Jaguar XJ (19??) Special (2006)

Madonna's Volkswagen LT (2000) The interior of the van was pimped for the music video "Sorry". The exterior was kept original. [edit] Pimp My Ride International

[edit] Season 1 (2006) Marek's Trabant 601 (1981) (Presented by Fat Joe) The chassis of the car was completely rusted out, and needed a donor car to replace many of its parts. Since the owner was practising to be a chef, a stove and table were installed in the trunk. The car was fitted with 16" white rims, given an orange paint job, and a checkered roof. Ronny's Datsun 310 Cherry (1981) (Presented by Lil' Jon) Painted in cherry red with 2 race strips down the middle of the whole car. Custom twin round lights were fitted front and rear, giving the car a 'mini' muscle-car look. This car was used by three generations of Gouveia family. Cecila's Citroën ZX (ca 1993) (Presented by Fat Joe) Emil and Jonas' Audi 80L (1973) (Presented by Lil' Jon) The car was owned by identical twins, who lived together in Sweden and both performed in a black-metal band. The car was modified to give a 'goth' appearance. Unique touches included plastic human body parts embedded under leather on the car's bonnet and roof, and a grille to scare off forest trolls. Djibril Cissé's Dodge Ram Van (1984) (Presented by Fat Joe) The van belonged to Djibril Cissé who, after pimping his own prestige cars, wanted to see what the garage could do to his old van. Airbrushed with an A-Team style1 paint job and fitted with a fully custom hand-made 300c body kit. Carolin's Opel Kadett Cabrio (1990) (Presented by Lil' Jon) This car was a rigged convertible top and hatches of spiders inside the car. [edit] Pop culture references
    Main article: Pimp My Ride in popular culture
    Since the show's debut, Pimp My Ride has been referred to numerous times by other television shows and comedic acts; several similar shows have aired on other networks. Other companies, including MTV itself, have spoofed the series on their own shows, acts, or television commercials. For examples of references to this show, see Pimp My Ride in popular culture.

As part of a 2006 advertising campaign, Volkswagen created a series of television commercials called Un-Pimp My Ride, starring Swedish actor Peter Stormare as an effete German engineer named Wolfgang. The ads were created as a parody of the Pimp My Ride TV Show. The three 30-second spots became something of an internet phenomenon when popular automotive news website Leftlane News uploaded the ads to video distribution service YouTube.

[edit] Legal action
    Viacom, the owner of the Pimp My Ride franchise, has made legal threats against a number of small business owners over the use of the words Pimp My... in business names. Businesses using the names Pimp My Pet and Pimp My Snack have been threatened with legal action for an alleged breach of a trademark owned by Viacom. Pimp My Snack is now known as Pimp That Snack.

[edit] Similar programs
    Monster Garage: Also features outrageous custom engineering of vehicles, albeit within an entirely different program format. Overhaulin': Like Pimp My Ride, Overhaulin' features automobiles in poor condition being restored to show-quality. However, Overhaulin' places emphasis on performance enhancements, works with a set time limit (usually a week), tricks vehicle owners into parting with their cars, and is aimed for a more mature audience. Although ostensibly a competitor of Pimp My Ride, one episode featured a WCC paint job. Trick My Truck: CMT's equivalent to Pimp My Ride features the Chrome Shop Mafia customizing semi-trailer trucks for lucky fans. American Chopper = A show in which custom motorcycles are built. Pimp My Room: Like Pimp My Ride, is affiliated with MTV in The Netherlands, and features some friendly competition between three students to see who will win the university student bedroom/apartment overhaul. Subsequently the room is 'pimped'. Ride with Funkmaster Flex Unique Whips: The East Coast equivalent of West Coast Customs Pimp My Fahrrad: a German Parody on Pimp my Ride, where bicycles are pimped by ElbCoast Psycles. Pimp My Whatever: also a German Parody where anything can be pimped. Meke My Waka: A similar program shown on Māori Television in New Zealand. Pimp My Car: Indonesian version of Pimp My Ride. This program is affiliated with MTV Indonesia. [edit] External links

[edit] References
    ^ Season Finale of Season 1 ^ Season Finale of Season 2 ^ Season Finale of Season 5 ^ Diken, Christopher (June 27th, 2004). "Pimp My Ride" wagon on eBay; Xzibit sheds a tear. Autoblog. Retrieved on 2007-4-23. ^ Diken, Christopher (October 21st, 2004). Another Pimp My Ride POS on the auction block. Autoblog. Retrieved on 2007-4-23. ^ Mays, Erin (December 17th, 2005). Get a piece of Pimp My Ride on Ebay. Autoblog. Retrieved on 2007-4-23. ^ Mays, Erin (May 25th, 2006). Ebay find of the day: PIMP'd Chevy panel truck. Autoblog. Retrieved on 2007-4-23. ^ MTV/Xzibit. Pimp My Ride The Complete First Season [DVD]. MTV Home Entertainment/Paramount. [edit] Official links
    Pimp My Ride entry in MTV.com Virtual Pimp My Ride via vMTV site Pimp My Ride (UK) website Official Pimp My Ride (UK) Car Close-Ups Game Unofficial Pimp My Ride (UK) Car Close-Ups Game West Coast Customs website Galpin Auto Sports website Pimp My Fahrrad/Pimp My Bicycle website in MTV.de Xzibit - Official Site Carisma Automotive website Tim Westwood Site Pimp My Ride International Mad Mike's Site - Pimp My Ride Video Game Review
  • This show is great

The greatest thing about Pimp my ride is that it features young people. Most reality makeover shows barely feature youth. So I would say that this show is great, and it's on a great media for the youth, MTV.
    Pesonally I liked the guys at West Coast Customs more than those at GAS. The show lost alot of it's originality when they changed the shop. Nomore of Q,Alex and Big Dane.
    The show wouldn't been the same without Mr X to the Z: Xzibit. I feel that his personality blends together very well with the personality of the show. Even if his jokes are scripted (I think?)
    You've officially been reviewed...
  • Ever dreamed of finding a head-turning car? For the lucky participants of Pimp my ride, this dream becomes a reality when experienced car-detailers transform the most modest of wheels into deluxe hip-hop machines.

Pimp my ride is a great tv show hosted by Xzibit. The show is basically about people's cars being transformed from broken down eye-sores to popular street attractions. It is a show that helps people whose cars look like they are on their last legs get a new lease of life. Installing state of the art technology like new high performance motors, state of the art exhaust systems, radiators, chrome wheels, spinners, recycling water fountains, dvd players, plasma tv's, surround sound systems with more speakers on every door and trunk, laptop computer docking stations, wireless internet and even reclining seats with seat warmers, new classy seat covers which compliment the paint job and car type, top of the line convertible tops and badminton net mountings in the trunk (boot of the car) with a remote control shuttle-cock launcher for the sports enthusiast. It is a fantastic show and the guys at West Coast Customs do a fantastic job as they give the cars a really big shake-down with the final custom paint job. MTV has done a fantastic job backing the show and the guys at WCC have done an exceptional job bringing the show to us.
  • Really nice stuff!

This is a fun reality show. The basic plot is about someone who has got a rundown car and this guy called Xzibit and his car crew turn these rundown cars into exotic cars.

The best thing about this show is that everyone can enjoy it - no bad language, nudity or violence.

The atmosphere during the show is friendly as everyone who is watching it are amazed by the wizardry of these cars being customized.

Not only are men getting their cars "pimped up", there are more women having their cars decked out in shiny new paint jobs, thumping stereos, smooth interiors, flash mag wheels, and sweet exhaust notes.

One car is pimped up over the 30 minutes of every show. There is the background of the vehicle and the owner, the pimping crew go over how to pimp up the car.

The car doesn't take itself too seriously, as it's all about creativity and imagination (for the automated mind).

No one loses in this show, everyone's a winner.
  • pimp

Xzibit and the good people at West Coast Customs make people's cars go from dirt to pimped in this 30 minute series. A pimped out car is usually worth $20,000 to $30,000. "Pimp My Ride," returns for an all-new season, with an all-new garage. Once again, rap superstar and car enthusiast Xzibit and the super cars are being pimped ................I love this show and if it ever stoped i would...wel i would relly be upset and i love it when they do up convertables they look a thousand million hundred times better and xzibit dosnt even do anything to the cars !!
  • its an O.K. SHOW i think its pretty good. cause i like MTV2

pimp my ride is a good show. i think some times they are good but sometimes not that good. i ussaly watch it when im bored. but i ever got a chance to get a pimped out car i would take it. i've seen some episodes with "lil" jon it was pretty sweet. i like the ones with Xzibit to. i always wondered if those cool cars have good performance. they probbaly do. Xzibits crew is awsome at bulding those cars. they sure put good time into thoose cars. it is a pretty ballin show i love it some times. ITS A COOL SHOW!
  • its iight

6.6
    if i were to watch MTV this would be the show i would watch Because they actually help people on this show. and the cars on the show are looking BEAT the hell up and almost to the scrapp yard but then Exzibit comes threw and expects the car and takes it to the West Coast Customs Shop to get it turned out. season 1 was the best. havent seen then the show in a while but the last time i seen it the people that hook up the cars were trying to act... lets just say thats why i dont watch it anymore i could not stand watching them try and fail at acting... just do like season 1 and just fix up the d*mn cars and shut up
  • AWESOME!!

Well, I love Pimp my ride. It is so cool how they help out people who need it. It is amazing how they bring in such pieces of crap and bring out the hottest car with the best features. It is insane. Since I hadn't watched it in a while I didn't know it changed, and I am definatley disappointed!!! I loved the original and secondary casts. I guess this one is just gonna take a little getting used to. Other than that, I think it is a really cool show, with hidden humor. If you have a brain or a sense of humor you will watch it!!!!
  • Congrats, Xzibit!

All cars are not only modified with design and performance, also quality check and safety are the important rules on modifying a vehicle prevents future accidents. Replacing the old 15 inch to the extravaganza 26 inch is a quadruple plus advantage for the vehicles. Replacing the car's original Chrome Bumper into a colored bumper and excellent spoiler underneath is a best idea for the car's ventillation and improvement of the car's speed. Adding a aerofoil is also important in modifying a vehicle. The next season will surely have its improvements of the said above this review and the more the gadgets inside the vehicle, the mo the popular it is. Remenver, Don't get excited to prevent accidents in the future.
  • OK, but not great.

6.9
    I like this show, but I think it's going downhill. They should've never left West Coast Customs. The people working on the cars from WCC are much better than from GAS. Good thing they brought Mad Mike with them. Too bad they couldn't bring everyone else.
    Sometimes, I get the feeling that the owners of the cars bought the car with intentions of getting it on Pimp My Ride. Also, I wonder why they do the things they do. Why do they put TVs in the back of the car? I would be afraid to drive a car that got pimped on this show. I do enjoy seeing the auto makeovers and it is cool all the technology they do end up recieving.
    It's a decent show to watch, even if it does get that repetitive feeling.
  • Needs fixing up a bit.

This show is pretty cool, but after a while, it can get really repetitive. Every episode, basically the same thing happens, but just with different cars! I must admit though, it is really funny seeing how bad the cars look before. And when they are fixed up, they look really cool. Its also cool to see the look of joy on their face when they get their cool car. It is interesting though to see how Mad Mike and his crew fix up the old clunkers into beautiful cars. However, I think that this show needs a little spicing up. After a while, it gets boring to watch. But overall, this show is good, and its interesting to watch once in a while.
  • Pimp my ride is the best show on TV.Take trash, to treasure, recycle, is a upstanding quality many more people should follow. You're hosts are the BOMB. The crew is awsome. Talent is unquestional. I can't wait to see what they will do next. Pimp on guys!

I would'nt change a thing, this show is fabulose. Why change perfection? Everyone involved, seems to love wat they do, and I can see why. The changes, and suprize looks, from the owners are truely heartfelt. A car is a persons own style, and to pimp it out, is like the cherry on top of the sunday, it's allways the best part, till ya dig in and find the flavour, of you're dreams!! one after another. It just keeps getting better Take in my 97 LIncoln, It needs a DOGGY STYLE pimp out! It's a real pimp car! Ruff
  • Dear all, I'm egyptian, I'm not located n the states,but i like ur show very much,I'm 28,I'm quite person,I like my car to be great and beautiful,So I would like u to help me to try to make my car as i imagine Regards for all pimp my ride's team.
    Dear all pimp my ride;
    In the beginning I wish to u all a great health & more success n ur show, u really help many people to change their mode, their image & even their personality through the modifications that u make n their cars, So I would like to be one of htose guys that who change their mode of life, Especially that i locate n Egypt, The people's mind differ than n the states, Guys I want u (Pimp my ride) to change my car totally with all the word means (Fiat Regata 1988), I wish u know this model of car.....

Finally I wish to receive a reply from u sooner.

Really like u all even f u don't agree to change my car.

Regards....

Islam

• pimp

well in pimp my ride there is this guy that com and look at your car and makes fun of it. well then he gets in the carand drives to the gorge for it to get pimped out. when the car gets there the mancanches look at it. then they go have a metting and talk about the car and what there going to do to it. after the metting they would start working on it. when there done they call in the onwer of the car and the ownetr starts jumping up and down like their slaphappyand start yelling omg omg and juming on them. there is another tv show called trick my truck (seimi-trucks). i like to watch this show because it is funny and i like to hear them make fun of there car.
  • pimp my ride rocks you should see it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9