Pinky and the Brain

The WB (ended 1998)

numberonecubsfa

Pinky and the Brain Fan Reviews (35)

• Clever quips mixed with humorous slapstick and several jabs at celebrities and politicians make Pinky and the Brain an incredibly funny show.

When I first watched this show about ten years ago, I was too young to really understand the in-depth jokes of the series. Now, ten years later, I look back at Pinky and the Brain and say, "Damn, this show was funny!"

Starring two genetically altered lab mice, the show follows Pinky and Brain as the latter continually attempts to conquer mankind with ludicrous, yet ingenious schemes. Both characters are well-voiced and play to their roles extremely well; Brain is a highly sophisticated individual, whilst Pinky clearly has his lights on, yet no one home. The way the two interact is truly amusing, and I'd call you a liar if you said you didn't laugh while watching them.

Though by today's standards its jokes might not be entirely valid, Pinky and the Brain took a big risk in making multiple insults toward celebrities and political figures, such as Bill Clinton, Paulie Shore, and various others. And you know what? It worked: the jokes are extremely clever and seem to be like a lightweight version of what would be shown in Southpark. These are mixed in with other clever jokes that are bound to put a smile on your face.

If you're ever in need of a good laugh, try to find an episode of Pinky and the Brain to watch. You'll probably laugh yourself to tears.