Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain

The WB (ended 1999)

Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain Fan Reviews (7)

• The bad spinoff to the good show.

Pinky and the Brain was truly one of the greatest shows of all time. When word was released that Elmyra from Tiny Toon Adventures, arguably the worst character Warner Bros. has ever created, was going to be added to the cast in a spinoff to the show, there were petitions with thousands of signatures to stop this from happening. Everyone knew that it would mean the end of WB's silver age, and it did.

Tiny Toons was a great show, don't get me wrong, but it had one fatal flaw. That flaw was Elmyra. The only good thing that came out of Tiny Toons' cancellation was that we would no longer be subject to Elmyra's annoying, animal-abusing antics. Then someone at WB got the brilliant idea of adding the worst character they've ever created to the cast of one of the best shows they've ever created. It's no surprise that the show only lasted one season.

It's just another example of execs and their stupidity. For God's sake, listen to your fans! We know what we want to see! We do not want to see Elmyra ruining our favorite show! I can't believe they actually cancelled the original Pinky and the Brain for this... they practically killed the legacy. Well, not really, since most people remember Pinky and the Brain from their glory days at Acme Labs. That's the way it should be. If this show becomes viewable again in the near future, might I suggest not bothering to watch it unless you're just curious. This show was the disgrace that put an end to WB's silver age of cartoons.