Pinwheel

Nickelodeon (ended 1989)

Pinwheel Fan Reviews (4)

7.8
  • I grew up on this show. It got me on my way to school in the mornings. As a mother of three I would love for my kids to be able to see it.

Best children show ever! It had good guys and mean guys. The show had lots of teaching tools for younger children. Even the song was very uplifting. The catchy tune made you stop to see what it was. The show was very enlighting. Clean and wholesome. We don't have a lot of that now days. It is hard to believe that they stopped airing and sesame street is still on. Don't get me wrong I liked sesame street, too. But, they should have kept pinwheel. Or at least compile the episodes on dvd for us parents to share with our kids.
  • Back in the day, there was a fledgeling channel called Pinwheel. It was the world's first cable channel devoted to children's television. Today we know it as Nickelodeon.

Jake with his "sound boxes" that had noises and sounds like coughing and sneezing. Luigi with his produce cart of talking vegetables. My personal favorite was Silas the Snail. Did that brick wall he crawled across EVER end?

Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around. Look at my Pinwheel and see what I've found.
    Pinwheel, pinwheel, where have you been? Hello, how are you, and may I come in?
    Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around. Look at my pinwheel and see what I found.
    Pinwheel, pinwheel, breezy and bright. Spin me good morning, spin me good night.

I'm sure everyone has quoted the theme song, but it's just one of thosde that sticks with you.
  • Pinwheel Pinwheel spinning around, look through my pinwheel and see what i found, pinwheel pinwheel where have you been, hello how are you and may i come in............

awesome show when i was younger........... i really wish all these educational shows were still on for my boys to watch. there is such a different standard for what we consider to be a learning show these days and i really dont approve of alot of the shows.......... one example would be Oobi on noggin they talk in third person and use sentences that dont make sense to an adult let alone a small child learning to speak. i grew up watching nick and i turned out great, but kids these days are whack, maybe we should reconsider what we teach them
  • An 80s show that should still be airing...

maybe if we had a little more pinwheel and a lot less music videos, many of these kids wouldn't be so damn out of control!!! Pinwheel was education, funny a little creepy...but all in all one of my top 5 kids shows of the 80s. I wasn't allowed to watch too much tv growing up, but I could watch non-stop Pinwheel...aaaaah, the good old 80s!!!