Pippi Longstocking

HBO (ended 1999)

Pippi Longstocking Fan Reviews (2)

6.6
  • I love Pippi, she's so funny! I hope she comes back to the United States soon.

Pippi Longstocking in animation is the funniest thing I've seen on the screen since Pee-wee Herman! I myself have read Pippi's books, and I can't get over what she does in the stories. This character created by Astrid Lindgren is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!

Pippi was brought to animation 10 years ago by Nelvana. I have seen the full-length animated movie, and it's one of my favorites. Pippi is one of my absolute favorite characters from children's literature, and I've always had a soft spot in my heart for her. She makes me laugh out loud! I just can't let go of that girl's brades! Do you think I'm madly in love with her?

The stories in the animated series are wonderfully detailed, the plots are good, the scenery is excellent, and the music heard in the episodes match the stories and the scenes very well. I love the characters, including Pippi herself, Tommy, Annika, and Mr. Nilson. Some of the episodes make a continuing story, like the South Seas episodes.

I began buying the Pippi series DVDs last year, and I really enjoy watching them. I crack up at Pippi's antics! The only thing about these DVDs is that they are released in Canada, and contain 4 episodes each. Wouldn't it be nice though if the complete animated series came out on DVD here in the United States? Better yet, her show should also be brought back on the aire. This show was originated in Canada and first broadcast in the US in the late 1990's, as well as in other parts of North America. I might have missed that show at that time. Besides, I didn't even have HBO Family, the channel that aired Pippi's series back then.

I have always loved animated Pippi since the first time I saw her on TV almost 10 years ago. Who doesn't love that super strong, freckled-face, red-haired girl with the stick-out pig tails?! There will come a day when she'll return on TV in re-runs. I know she will come back one day!
  • Pippi Longstocking is a great show about a nine-year-old who is the strongest girl in the world! It is a cute show that is very entertaining and humorous!

I remember watching this show when I was little and I always loved it! Now that I have younger siblings, they watch the show and they love it too! We eventually bought the DVDs and they watch an episode almost every day.

I really liked the plots of the episodes. The plot wasn't always a continuous one through out the series, but they sometimes linked episodes together. And sometimes they had three-parter episodes. I really liked the characters in this show, espeically Pippi, who was always makeing me laugh.

Another thing I liked about this show was the beautiful backgrounds. They were very well done and very detailed.

Anyway, this show will always be very speacial to me. And, even though it wasn't educational, like most children's shows, it was very enjoyable to watch!