Pirate Master Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Do you think anyone will ever throw a challenge?

jax_rerun

[1]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 12

The captain's trio is really strong right now, and mutiny seems impossible, but couldn't all the lackeys agree that whoever gets randomly selected for Black will sabotage the team, so that a new Captain will get picked? They could agree that the Red team, upon winning, will share their gold with the sabateurs.

It could be an effecive way to get Azzy out of control. Agree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rocket16

[2]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    I think that throwing an expedition could happen, but only if the people who threw it are promised money from the rest of the crew.

tvaddict_10

[3]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 59
    I highly doubt that will happen. It is definitely a smart thing to do but it won't happen.

royboycrashfan

[4]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 19
    Wouldn't almost everyone have to be in on it, though? The crews are drawn randomly, so if they're all on the Red Crew (or if only one is on Black), their plan will backfire.

tvaddict_10

[5]Jul 16, 2007
    I think everyone except Jupiter would be for it and maybe not Kendra because of her deal. But if they band together they may succeed. How many people are left anyway?

AbbyN0rmal

[6]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 1
    The previews for this week's show leads me to believe that some, if not all, of the castaways are coming back. It will be interesting to see how this happens and what kind of "power" they might have. This could shake up the whole scenario.

AbbyN0rmal

[7]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 1
    Heck, maybe they'll declare a mutiny and overthrow the Triad!

kipwiz

[8]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    The girls could of stuck together and thrown the 'hunt', except Jupiter, but they didn't, I don't really think they are working like that or looking at the big picture, which they should be. I would love to see mutiny atleast once though.

atach1

[9]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 5
    I commented on whether or not they would or could throw a competition before , after all they are suppose to be pirates. I thought last week would have been their last chance to do it. When the got rid of JD, this made the ratio 5 women to 4 men, with only Louie on the red team. I like Louie a lot, he is my favorite, right after some of the hot women; but he is a liability. I thought that these had to be some of the dumbest people, who were looking only week to week after they cut JD adrift. I then started to think that they were either the most stupid or most coniving people on the earth. A couple of weeks ago they said something about an all women alliance. This would fit into cutting JD adrift, because most of the women could beat Louie. Maybe the women are trying to get it down to them and Louie. I also thought that they may be working on a mutiny since Jay said he would go for it. So there could be a lot of behind the scenes coniving or just a bunch of stupidity.

tvaddict_10

[10]Jul 16, 2007
    I truly believe Jay will win the whole thing because he's the only one looking at the big picture. He's gonna ride Azmyth all the way to the end. I can't wait for tomorrow.

halstein

[11]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 16
    I believe that throwing the challenge is a distinct possibility.It's nearly impossible to have a mutiny at this stage,since everyone but the captain, must be on side for this to work.

kipwiz

[12]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 13
    It's greed now, because nobody is thinking of throwing anything, because they don't get their measly hundred bucks if they don't, since the Trinity is keeping more and more every week.

Katelome

[13]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 15

Yeah, I think throwing the challenge would have been the way to go several times back...and even now, if one of the girls had "lost the key" like that doink on the ghost team what would have happened. Or if one of them suddenly "twisted their ankle" and slowed them up a bit...but it is a gamble, cuz if the ruse didn't work and the team won, well, black spot would be a definite wouldn't it? ;c)

Still, I think a smarter crew would have contrived SOMETHING, especially when the teams were more random early on in the game. If you had an alliance and wanted the current captain out since they weren't part of your alliance it seems like it would have been easy enough to come up with some way to lose.

royboycrashfan

[14]Jul 24, 2007

***SPOILER***

Synetech

[15]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 22
    Yup, Jay sabotaged Louie and Laurel's team, then Ben sabotaged Louie in the episode after that. Ben confessed, but Jay didn't, so Louie probably only feels half as bad as he could (stupid Ben should have kept his mouth shut).

The real question is will anyone ever mutiny? The short answer: No. Why was that even an option? I feel gypped because we did not get the whole experience since that aspect was never used.

It was because they were too cowardly. Voting for mutiny was dangerous at the beginning when too many pirates would have to vote for it; an unsuccessful mutiny would leave the ones who did as black-spot fodder. However, later on when there were fewer pirates and other reasons to black-spot, they should have grown a pair and done it rather than just talk about it. Also, requiring the two officers to agree to a mutiny made it that much harder and was a bad move.

Overall, it just wasn't that satisfying. While it may have been more true to real life, I was counting on more rotation in captains and officers, and more mutinies (anything is more than zero).
    Edited on 08/21/2007 11:57pm

royboycrashfan

[16]Aug 22, 2007
    It could be they were smart enough to know who would mutiny and why when it came down to small numbers. Yeah, this show should have had another season.