Pirate Master Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

episode 12 discussion thread

mdrelliman

[1]Aug 14, 2007
    • level: 8
    THe vitls are that Ben and Laurel were black spotted and in a tie Captain Christa cut laurel adrift making herthe last ladie in the final four ofLouie Ben Jay and Christa. discuss here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

royboycrashfan

[2]Aug 15, 2007
    • level: 19
    I was ecstatic that they cut Laurel adrift. Now she won't be able to fly under the radar and somehow win. I wonder what they might do with only four pirates left. Probably for the next round, there are no Black Spots and all three vote for either one of the other two or the captain. As always, the captain would break a tie. I don't know if it will be a final three or two, but if two, they'll play individually at three.

jax_rerun

[3]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    Wow, how did Jay dodge that bullet? He is truly amazing. It'll be interesting to see what the devious threesome does, now that it is just them and Louie.

SoylentYellow

[4]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    As this shipwreck sputters to a close, the winner should be?..... Louie - the only contestant who is even remotely likable.
    Edited on 08/16/2007 5:54am

jax_rerun

[5]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    I thought Louie was kind of boring and dumb. Nice guy, but dull. I could see being friends with Ben and Christa. But I'd give the game to Jay if I could, bc he has played his heart out since day one.

spliced

[6]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 7

I had a feeling when they showed Christa and Ben talking about getting rid of Jay at the start that it was a decoy. Then when they showed Laurel taking I figured she was going since she usualy doesn't do much worth showing.

I can't believe Jay suckered in Christa. He pulled some great magic to somehow have Ben end up looking like the bad guy. I don't get this whole I want to go up against the best mantra of hers. I think she made a huge mistake not getting rid of Jay, but I don't know the rules for the end of the game so they may favor her in some way.

rottluver

[7]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 2
    I have been trying to figure out how to watch the last 3 episodes due to moving across country... can anybody give me any clues as to how to go about this? I tried going to cbs.com but it wigged out on me! let me know, aye?!? Thanks!

royboycrashfan

[8]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 19
    jax_rerun wrote:
    But I'd give the game to Jay if I could, bc he has played his heart out since day one.
    Same here. He's always been my favorite player as well as the smartest.

turtwigrocks45

[9]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 2
    royboycrashfan wrote:
    I was ecstatic that they cut Laurel adrift. Now she won't be able to fly under the radar and somehow win. I wonder what they might do with only four pirates left. Probably for the next round, there are no Black Spots and all three vote for either one of the other two or the captain. As always, the captain would break a tie. I don't know if it will be a final three or two, but if two, they'll play individually at three.

The cbs home page says that only one pirate will cast a vote in the final four (4 pirates- 1 captian- 2 black spots = 1 voter). Then in the final three, I believe that they'll seperate and search for the treasure by themselves and whoever wins chooses between the other two as to who stays and who goes. Then in the final 2, the first to find the last treasure wins Pirate Master.

geoffmaze

[10]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 5
    This was the best episode of the show! It seemed a no-brainer to get rid of Jay, but yet again he manipulated it so he didn't even get nominated! What a Player! I'm wondering how they address the next vote. IF the red team wins, do they bother nominating a new Captain? Secondly the two players would black spot two players, wouldn't they have to black spot BOTH Black players? Who then votes. Seems the only debate at Pirates Court would be whether to Mutiny or not. It would be nice to see that happen at least once on this show!

geoffmaze

[11]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 5
    OK I see the previous post says according to CBS (can we trust those Dogs?) that the losing team would be black spotted, one winner would be Captain and the other team mate would set whomever adrift. I guess the value of the Captaincy would be dividing the money, I could see Jay getting the Cpt. position then keeping all the money. Why not its almost the end and he's played the true Pirate role from Day 1 better than anyone else!