Pirate Master Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Episode 13 discussion thread

mdrelliman

[1]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 8
    basically the crews were Ben and Louie on the red and Jay and Christa on black black won 40,000 $ Christa Put ben and loiue up on the black spot and Jay votedfor Loie to be cut adrift next episode the ghosts return to decide the pirate master and the final expedition awaits
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

royboycrashfan

[2]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 19
    It made the most sense to cut Louie adrift. Christa would Black Spot Louie because he's more likely to mutiny, and either Jay or Ben would vote for him. Also, some of the pirates might have voted for Louie instead of Jay at the end.

geoffmaze

[3]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 5
    Sorry to see Rupert, er... Louie, go! He was a good guy and a good fit for the show. Seems pretty naive to not suspect Ben of dragging his feet. Not sure why he didn't just go looking for the underwater clue, but oh well. I did think that was mighty decent of Jay, Christa and Ben to give him $5K. I didn't realize that the "Ghosts" came back to be part of the jury, that may make it tough for Jay to win. I thought this was a pretty good show, got better as it went along, there are definitely things that could be used in its more standard version (Survivor!) like finding money to use to buy influence etc....Glad to see that at least in the one and only PM regardless a deserving winner will be Pirate Master.

Synetech

[4]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 22
    Boo! Boo!

Ben was stupid for throwing it. If red had won, either Ben would have been captain, in which case Louie would have cut Jay, or else Louie would be captain, and Ben could choose whomever he wants, not to mention not feeling guilty. Duh.

It was really dumb that they still had pirate's court. Once it hit four pirates, they should have changed to something else rather than stick with the court process; the one-man's-whim thing was stupid.

Jay was dumb for cutting Louie. What reason does he have for keeping Ben? None. In fact, by keeping Ben-who is fit-he makes it harder for himself to win.

Jay could also have cut Christa-who is also fit-since he no longer needs her: with just three pirates, there will no longer be a court nor teams; it will be everybody-for-themselves.

I figured that it was Louie who got cut because Cameron looked clearly sad and upset when he saw the card; obviously he was personally pulling for Louie, either because he likes Louie (likely the fan favorite as well), or at least because-like me-he doesn't like the others.

I don't really care about the show anymore because I don't like the remaining pirates and don't want any of them to win.

By the way, do they get to keep their gold when they are cut? I've seen a couple of them holding a satchel on the raft and figured that was their gold (they don't have anything else; no clothes, souvenirs they've picked up, etc.?)

jww047

[5]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 16
    I felt really bad for Louie, I think Jay should have got cut adrift because he has lied so many times. Only three left.

Iraq_Stretch

[6]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    That was the best moment of PM ever. I nearly cried when Louie talked about his skin on the ropes, and did cry when Ben owned up to Louie.

Right now I'm rooting for Ben, Christa... Meh... I don't like her attitude. She is simply stupid. I feel for Jay's family and all, but that is NO reason to keep a dangerous man on there.

Ben is a young man with a band and a dream, I think he needs the money to start his life.

geoffmaze

[7]Aug 22, 2007
    Synetech- I agree with your post about Ben throwing the challenge, I guess Ben, Jay and Christa really DO have a bond... I also thought the same about giving all the power to one Pirate, but after watching it I thought that was kind of cool. Christa really had to give her selection some thought because whomever she chose could have mutinied against her...that made for some drama. Finally it APPEARS that there is some sort of "Pirates court" to determine the winner...I had been under the impression they had to find a final treasure, but we shall see.

turtwigrocks45

[8]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 2
    If you ask me, I think the 13 other pirates will vote to get rid of one more person (which means jay is screwed) then the final two will go on a expedition and whoever finds the treasure wins.

royboycrashfan

[9]Aug 25, 2007
    Then how come three people are on the expedition according to the preview? The setup you're suggesting isn't as fair. The 13 could easily rob a deserving player of winning, and then an expedition determining the winner would reward the strongest and not necessarily who played the best.
    Edited on 08/25/2007 6:35pm

jax_rerun

[10]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 12
    Maybe they can do the expedition, then use their money to bribe the ghosts to vote for them as Pirate Master. LOL!

royboycrashfan

[11]Aug 28, 2007
    turtwigrocks45 wrote:
    If you ask me, I think the 13 other pirates will vote to get rid of one more person (which means jay is screwed) then the final two will go on a expedition and whoever finds the treasure wins.
    They did end up doing that, but at least the final two recruited ghost pirates to be on their crews.

geoffmaze

[12]Aug 28, 2007
    Guess I could wait until the Ep 14 thread comes up, but I really liked how they had a challenge with the final 3 and the winner automatically going to the finals, The other finalist determined by ALL the former Pirates was an interesting way to settle it. I thought Jay would get a little more love for his tough game play, but I guess they felt he was too much of a throat cutter. Also I liked how Ben and Christa selected 3 Ghost Pirates each to help on the final challenge and gave them a chance to earn more money.

royboycrashfan

[13]Aug 30, 2007
    Same here, geoffmaze. At the final two, Ben and Christa had to reflect on past expeditions and decide based on that who would join them.

etching

[14]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 22
    royboycrashfan wrote:
    Same here, geoffmaze. At the final two, Ben and Christa had to reflect on past expeditions and decide based on that who would join them.

So the ending turned into a Survivor/Apprentice hybrid, in the sense that the 13 castoffs voted only to determine the finalists and not for the actual winner, and that the two finalists had to pick three castoffs ala The Apprentice.

Hmmm...That's an approach that I haven't seen before, and I hope other reality shows in the future use this model. IMHO, I'd rather see the winner determined on the field, than simply by vote. Too bad there wasn't a second second, oh well...
    Edited on 09/02/2007 9:58am