Pirate Master Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Finale anticipation Forum

Who will win

  • Avatar of Josseppe95

    Josseppe95

    [1]Aug 21, 2007
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 726
    Alrite guys this is the finale anticipation thread just post your thoughts on what will happen in the finale. Personally I think Christa will win even though she is a complete idiot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of royboycrashfan

    royboycrashfan

    [2]Aug 21, 2007
    • member since: 05/01/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 5,476
    If all 13 eliminated pirates vote, here's my predicted breakdown:

    Jay- 10
    Ben- 2
    Christa- 1

    Christa should get more votes, but the pirates cut adrift earlier probably don't know her well and the pirates eliminated later know Jay is a great player. Some people might feel resentment towards Jay and not vote for him, even though they shouldn't.

    If it's just the last 9:
    Jay- 7
    Ben- 1
    Christa- 1

    Or the last 7:
    Jay- 6
    Christa- 1
    Ben- 0
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SoylentYellow

    SoylentYellow

    [3]Aug 21, 2007
    • member since: 10/05/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,331

    There are only 12 ex-pirates since Cheryl is dead. I wonder if they will make any reference to her death?

    Mikhail Bakunin aka Patchy from LOST should be the one to pick the winner. He's more a Pirate than any of these losers.

    If I had my way Patchy would bring the LOST submarine and fire a couple of torpedoes into the ship and declare himself the real Pirate Master! Arg Matey!!

    Edited on 08/21/2007 12:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Synetech

    Synetech

    [4]Aug 22, 2007
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,286
    SoylentYellow wrote:

    There are only 12 ex-pirates since Cheryl is dead. I wonder if they will make any reference to her death?



    It's not a live episode. She died July 27th, so it's possible (perhaps even likely) that the episode was filmed before that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Iraq_Stretch

    Iraq_Stretch

    [5]Aug 22, 2007
    • member since: 08/18/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 7
    Synetech wrote:
    SoylentYellow wrote:

    There are only 12 ex-pirates since Cheryl is dead. I wonder if they will make any reference to her death?



    It's not a live episode. She died July 27th, so it's possible (perhaps even likely) that the episode was filmed before that.


    But I expect she'll be cut out with editing, or at least the show will be dedicated in her memory.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of royboycrashfan

    royboycrashfan

    [6]Aug 22, 2007
    • member since: 05/01/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 5,476
    I think they'll shy away from any allusion to her death. They must keep them in sequester until the game is over.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of etching

    etching

    [7]Aug 24, 2007
    • member since: 11/11/06
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 885
    Synetech wrote:

    It's not a live episode. She died July 27th, so it's possible (perhaps even likely) that the episode was filmed before that.


    Has there been a Mark Burnett reality show that didn't have a live ending episode? Was one originally planned for Pirate Master? Just wondering...
    Edited on 08/24/2007 11:07am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Josseppe95

    Josseppe95

    [8]Aug 24, 2007
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 726

    etching wrote:
    Synetech wrote:
    It's not a live episode. She died July 27th, so it's possible (perhaps even likely) that the episode was filmed before that.
    Has there been a Mark Burnett reality show that didn't have a live ending episode? Was one originally planned for Pirate Master? Just wondering...

    They probaly decided to film 1 during the time the show was airing because of the incredibly low ratings.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Josseppe95

    Josseppe95

    [9]Aug 24, 2007
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 726

    royboycrashfan wrote:
    If all 13 eliminated pirates vote, here's my predicted breakdown: Jay- 10 Ben- 2 Christa- 1 Christa should get more votes, but the pirates cut adrift earlier probably don't know her well and the pirates eliminated later know Jay is a great player. Some people might feel resentment towards Jay and not vote for him, even though they shouldn't. If it's just the last 9: Jay- 7 Ben- 1 Christa- 1 Or the last 7: Jay- 6 Christa- 1 Ben- 0

    I normally would pick Jay to win but I'm just having this strange, premonition type fealing that Christa is going to win. I had the same feeling with Earl in Survivor Fiji.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of royboycrashfan

    royboycrashfan

    [10]Aug 25, 2007
    • member since: 05/01/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 5,476
    But then again, they might think Christa just rode coattails (which she didn't, but these people aren't smart).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rocket16

    rocket16

    [11]Aug 26, 2007
    • member since: 05/26/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 95
    I don't like any of them, but I want Jay to win because he played the best.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jax_rerun

    jax_rerun

    [12]Aug 28, 2007
    • member since: 04/12/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 829
    I picked Ben, bc the person who deserves to win (Jay) never wins. Prove me wrong Pirate Master, prove me wrong.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of royboycrashfan

    royboycrashfan

    [13]Aug 28, 2007
    • member since: 05/01/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 5,476
    I thought it was really silly to vote out Jay, the person who played the most intelligent game, over Christa, someone who mostly rode coattails to the end, but if it wasn't Jay, I'm glad it was Ben. Both Ben and Christa had one of the two strongest females (Jupiter and Nessa) and one of the two strongest males (Jay and Azmyth), but ultimately, they had to depend on themselves. Christa's not very strong mentally or physically, and that cost her the half million.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Synetech

    Synetech

    [14]Sep 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,286
    What's odd is that until Christa became captain, I didn't even notice her much. She and Laurel kept blending into the background and I just thought of them as "those others". In fact, there were a couple of others in that group as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of royboycrashfan

    royboycrashfan

    [15]Sep 1, 2007
    • member since: 05/01/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 5,476
    Synetech wrote:
    What's odd is that until Christa became captain, I didn't even notice her much. She and Laurel kept blending into the background and I just thought of them as "those others".
    I agree. I think Christa only had about one scene before her captaincy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Synetech

    Synetech

    [16]Sep 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,286
    Well it looks like I was right; it was pre-taped because not only was Cheryl in the Ghost crew, but she was on the hunting crew too. In fact she even won about $25,000 more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.