Pirate Master Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Pirate Master Ratings

SoylentYellow

[1]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 21

http://tvtracker.com/daily_ratings.php

"Week two of CBS reality dud Pirate Master lived up to that description, with a disappointing 4.3/ 7 (#2) from 8-9 p.m. Comparably, that was nine percent below its already disappointing week-ago debut (4.7/ 8 on May 31)"

For some reason Futoncritic.com reports even worse ratings: "Pirate Master" (households: 4.1/8, #6; adults 18-49: 1.9, #T6)

Edited on 06/08/2007 11:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kipwiz

[2]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 13
    Hopefully if it does get cancelled, we will find out who wins.

SoylentYellow

[3]Jun 8, 2007

kipwiz wrote:
    Hopefully if it does get cancelled, we will find out who wins.

Odds are CBS will burn off the rest of the episodes if they are already filmed. If they dont they could do a 2 hour show with the first hour being a summary of who gets knocked out and why then show the final episode where the winner is chosen. Then let people watch the others on Innertube.

As much as I dislike Pirate Master, CBS shouldnt leave viewers hanging with no conclusion. Though I doubt they would end up with 25 tons of Pirate Eye Patches in their mail room.... LOL!

royboycrashfan

[4]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 19
    I think they should finish the season, but even if it is axed, I'll still have Big Brother to watch on Thursdays.

tvaddict_10

[5]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 59
    This show is great and doesn't deserve to be canned. CBS should definitely keep it around.

kipwiz

[6]Jun 9, 2007
    Atleast its' something new to watch during the summer.

RoseRed1956

[7]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 5
    Admittedly, there are alot of reality shows that I don't watch (not interested) or can't watch (on cable only, and I don't get cable). But it seems that, at least during the summer, when there isn't as much competition, there is less chance of it being cancelled early. Hopefully they will keep it on through the end.

royboycrashfan

[8]Jun 13, 2007
    Effective July 10, Pirate Master moves to Tuesdays at 10/9c, following Big Brother. Hopefully, a good lead-in will boost the ratings.

SoylentYellow

[9]Jun 14, 2007

royboycrashfan wrote:
    Effective July 10, Pirate Master moves to Tuesdays at 10/9c, following Big Brother. Hopefully, a good lead-in will boost the ratings.

Who knows, it could, but I doubt it. The whole formula for how people get tossed is probably too complicated for most reality TV viewers.

Maybe it would help if they made losers walk the plank, while the captain poked them in thebutt with a sword,and jump into shark infested waters? (robotic sharks, not real ones,of course - they could drag that one from JAWS out of storage). Id watch that! LOL!

Edited on 06/14/2007 11:45am

etching

[10]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 22
    royboycrashfan wrote:

That's not until next month, though. Hopefully, the series will last the four weeks til then...

royboycrashfan

[11]Jun 14, 2007
    etching wrote:
    That's not until next month, though. Hopefully, the series will last the four weeks til then...

Thursday 8/7c is the only good time for it right now.

silverwraith720

[12]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 4
    i'll admit i like the show, but i don't want to see it go more than one season, it just seems like it's missing something, they go on an expedition and then they sit around on the ship circiling the same island until all of the treasure is found, it's just lacking that little extra, plus with everyone on the same ship, they really can't do much with twists

SoylentYellow

[13]Jun 15, 2007
    SoylentYellow wrote:

"Week two of CBS reality dud Pirate Master lived up to that description, with a disappointing 4.3/ 7 (#2) from 8-9 p.m. Comparably, that was nine percent below its already disappointing week-ago debut (4.7/ 8 on May 31)"

For some reason Futoncritic.com reports even worse ratings: "Pirate Master" (households: 4.1/8, #6; adults 18-49: 1.9, #T6)

Pirate Master sinks to (3.9/ 7) from 4.3/7 last week and 4.7/8 the first week. Will moving it to follow Big Brother help this sinking ship?

Writerpatrick

[14]Jun 16, 2007
    Summer ratings are not the same as ratings the rest of the year. The ratings don't seem strong enough to justify a second season, however, CBS will likely let it run it's course this year and just not bother with it next year. It's not like they have anything better to air anyways. They can at least keep it as filler until Big Brother airs.

bob07087

[15]Jun 16, 2007
    It beats the re-runs for the summer. Remember Amazing race in its first season was run the during the summer as a filler. Hopefully the episodes will get better.

royboycrashfan

[16]Jun 17, 2007
    silverwraith720 wrote:
    i'll admit i like the show, but i don't want to see it go more than one season, it just seems like it's missing something, they go on an expedition and then they sit around on the ship circiling the same island until all of the treasure is found, it's just lacking that little extra, plus with everyone on the same ship, they really can't do much with twists
    Sure, but keep in mind this is not supposed to be like Survivor.

kipwiz

[17]Jun 18, 2007
    I'll still be watching till it's over, since there is nothing else on, and it's getting more interesting. But I agree that walking the plank would of been a more fitting end to a Pirate ship.

SoylentYellow

[18]Jun 18, 2007

Writerpatrick wrote:
    Summer ratings are not the same as ratings the rest of the year. The ratings don't seem strong enough to justify a second season, however, CBS will likely let it run it's course this year and just not bother with it next year. It's not like they have anything better to air anyways. They can at least keep it as filler until Big Brother airs.

True, but even CSI rerun at 9PM got a 7.5 vs. 3.9 for Pirate Master.

It is likely CBS will let it runs its course, but it drops under 3.0 they might just speed it up and wrap it up early. IN any case they shouldnt leave viewer hanging.

Exile29

[19]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 8
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I enjoy the pirate-ish twist on everything, but I really hate reality shows. This show seems like it's not really bringing anything new to the table, and it seems a lot less epic and dramatic than I thought it would be at first. Nevertheless, I want to at least see the conclusion of season one. If they bring it back for another season, then that's cool. Otherwise, I'm OK with it.

royboycrashfan

[20]Jun 19, 2007
    At least it's a unique concept, unlike pretty much all other reality shows you see nowadays.
    Edited on 06/19/2007 3:39pm