Pirate Master Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

what's with the accent?

Ninja_Ziva

[1]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    what is with that accent that asmyth did when he became captain? it just kind of bugs me because he doesn't normally talk like that. does his accent bother anyone else?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

royboycrashfan

[2]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 19
    I haven't really been noticing it.

Ayn_Ilial

[3]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 20
    It is easily the most entertaining thing on the show...how sad is that? I cannot tell you the time I have spent snickering at that preposterous accent. I especially love it when he gets talking fast and suddenly forgets it and then quickly switches back. It happens almost every pirate court.

robosquid

[4]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 11
    Ayn_Ilial wrote:
    It is easily the most entertaining thing on the show...how sad is that? I cannot tell you the time I have spent snickering at that preposterous accent. I especially love it when he gets talking fast and suddenly forgets it and then quickly switches back. It happens almost every pirate court.
    It drives me crazy, but at the same time it's halarious! Asmyth needs to get over himself!

kipwiz

[5]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 13
    It's sad yes that I admit to to liking it, I too love when he goes to fast and forgets it. It's corny but funny. Got to have some entertainment.

Ninja_Ziva

[6]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 8
    i see your point. that is funny when he talks too fast and forgets it

Synetech

[8]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 22
    You’re people are pathetic and lame, especially Lauren. Azmyth is throwing himself into the game and having fun. Lauren is a real bring-down, making the game so serious and boring. I suppose you expect him to wear a suit and tie too? Would you people be okay if he used a more stereotypical “pirate accent”? I’m with Azymth, he has every right to have fun with the game because he can’t do stuff like that normally, so he may as well take advantage of the opportunity.

Besides, would you nag him for speaking French or German? Why is it that when someone speaks British, Australian, etc. they get ragged on? Those aren’t even “accents”; they are languages (well dialects) in their own rights. Just because some people are too dumb to differentiate them, doesn’t give them the right to act all uppity by putting them down.