Pitbulls and Parolees Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on Animal PlanetBetween Seasons

Your application for a permit

bexaminer

[1]Nov 12, 2011
    • level: 1

Hello,

I just watched the show for the very first time. I'm not a fan of Pit Bulls, but I love dogs. At any rate, I was watching the episode where you had to appear before the county board of supervisors for a permit to have your dogs at your new place. If your presentation had been in writing you might have had a chance. But the problem was really clear to me. It was the physical appearance of you and the others. I'm not trying to be mean here at all. I know, you have a right to have the ink etc. But you have to consider that you were appearing before the "establishment"so to speak. Like it, don't like it, but they have the power. I think that if you all had make an effort to dress more appropriately and do what you could to hide the ink you might have been successful.

The problem is simple. You are trying to convince these people that you are going to be an asset to the community. Yet you present yourself exactly the opposite of that community. Your actual appearance has a huge impact and people can deny that all day long. But you know what a stereo type is and you all fit the wrong profile. I've never seen a more in your face example of opposition in my life. I just have to say that I watched it all and I feel confident in saying that is what your problem was. Not the dogs. Not even the number of dogs. You should have consulted a PR person first I think. If you find yourself in this position in the future, do yourself a big favor and get some advice on how best to present your side of the argument.

I hope you take this advice in the spirit in which I offered it. I think if you think about what I've said you'll see my point.

James Graves

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shannonmueller

[2]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 1

where you are watching a show... i am watching a documentry. the hard wortk the blood the sweat the tears. this is not just for pits but for people. with broken roads.

their dress was fine. what your stating is simply what she impressed. thank your for reminding us that biggist sitting up in pwr is alive and well. they could have been dressed for the freaken ball and the only thing people heard was pitbulls and perolee's. i hope everyone that has blocked tia and her dogs have done more research on who your other neightbors are. whos a sex offender. whos beat his wife or child. Tia bring your Dogs to indiana

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.