Pitchmen Forums

Discovery Channel (ended 2011)

Thoughts on First Episode?

THE_DSP_HYBRID

[1]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 1

It really was just what I expected. No more, no less.

It's really cool to see Billy Mays get a show, though.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iamgeniusrnti

[2]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 1

A couple weeks ago I htought of a show for Discovery while watching Mythbusters. I thought; why not make a show that tests all the products on infomercials to see if they are being truthful. Then a couple weeks later, I am watching a Discovery show that looks at the infomercial world from the sales persepctive LOL!

Well here are my thoughts...

Once a couple years ago, I bought a product advertised by Billy Mays. It was a piece of crap. I don't remember what it was, but when they sold me two for the price of one there was a reason, the first one was broke.

Ever since, I avoided all Billy Mays products and did not like Billy at all.

After watching the human side of Billy, I no longer dislike him, but I doubt I will buy his products.

parkds

[3]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 5
    I actually thought the show was pretty good. Better than I expected actually. I had no idea that Billy Mays was so involved with all the products he sells. The show is an interesting snapshot of people putting everything on the line to achieve the "American Dream" and how they either do or do not achieve it.