Plain Jane Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Hopefully Cute Crushes aren't Cruel!

atc4gvn

[1]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 20

What do you think of the Plain Jane format? I hope that these "crushes" are already friends with the girls, and don't laugh them off when they tell them how they feel! The concept is kinda cute, but come ON, any guy that wouldn't give me the time of DAY until I got way hotter isn't worth MY time of day to begin with. Hopefully, the series will focus on the beauty WITHIN and bringing it OUT, rather than the attention a complete makeover can get you.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Uranium_OJ

[2]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 6

I like everything about this show EXCEPT the whole blind date aspect. I would much rather see the plain jane throw a party at her house or go to a friend's as a new person (kind of like What not to Wear, but with more incentive to flirt or whatever). That would be better for the self-confidence. Cause seriously, I don't think this should be a "How to get that friend to be a more than a friend" kind of a show. It's a makeover show.

The blind date is really an unnecessary part of the show in my opinion. It can also be humiliating when it doesn't go according to plan.

tjaman

[3]Aug 30, 2010
    • level: 32
    It's OK. The young women generally seem sweet. The blind date seems to be there to provide some kind of emotional high-wire, but the challenges seem designed to build up some inner confidence as well as just the makeover aspect.

atc4gvn

[4]Sep 8, 2010
    • level: 20

Now that I've seen a couple episodes I understand that the producers must "feel out" the situation first and somehow get a sense that the guy actually has reciprical feelings for the girl "friend" BEFORE the makeover. The kiss at the end of the perfect date is really just too much. It's a sweet ending, but in one episode the guy was SO bowled over by the makeover look that he couldn't stop staring, and was at a TOTAL loss for words! It was almost uncomfortable to watch! But, it IS cute to see the transformation, and I agree, the party idea or meeting up with a guy friend without the whole PRESSURE of the "blind date" would be great as well.