Playmakers

The Choice: Part 1

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Sep 09, 2003 on ESPN

7.4
  • Review

Part 1 of 2. Leon faces the possibility of a trade, DH must decide where his loyalty lies, and McConnell's in a slump. I thought that this was the best episode of the season so far. The storylines were solid from beginning to end, with everyone having something interesting in there storyline. I like how the episode started with the choice that DH had to make and then gave us all the information that happened during the week that made him end up with that final decision. I think the choice he made is best for the drama show and it should provide some interesting parts of part 2 of the episode. Leon hitting his wife was also a change in character. In the pilot episode I really had him pegged as the veteran leader of the team, but with the drugs in episode 2 and now this incident in this episode, he may have a little more under his belt then it would seem. McConncell and the Offensive Cordinator going off on each other in practice was done really well, but I was also impressed by the fact that they tied in the practice to the actual game. Speaking of the game, we actually got 4-5 minutes of football footage this time around which was a nice surprise. Overall, best episode so far.