Playmakers

The Piss Man

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Sep 02, 2003 on ESPN

• Review

7.2
    The league drug testing official a.k.a. "The Piss Man" is coming: no one knows which two players are on the list. They better be clean - otherwise it's automatic suspension. Guard Dog tempts Leon with a way to get his mojo back, Olczyk needs to calm his demons, while McConnell's deals with pain management issues. There was no football in this episode, just a lot of drug drama. I really don't mind them not showing us a lot of football, as I think those scenes would simply get repeative and boring to watch. What I didnt really like about this episode is that it seemed like the pilot, just repeated and introducing a new character. I thought McConnells character was introduced weak, with him having a condition that should make him see the Injured Reserve, but instead he just keeps on playing with the help of drugs. I was surprised to see Leon sink to that level and at the same time thought DH's beating the system technique was funny. In fact, the way that DH was able to be the piss man is the only thing that really saved this episode. The comedy in the scene with the doctor was great. Eric still having depressed thoughts about putting the guy in a wheelchair is getting old as well. The drama needs to move on, not recycle.