Pocket Monsters

Thursday 7:00 PM on TV Tokyo Premiered Apr 01, 1997 In Season

BAC510

Pocket Monsters Fan Reviews (9)

• great show!

Pocket Monsters is the story of Satoshi, a young boy from Masera Town. He receives his first Pocket Monster at the age of 10 from Dr. Ookido, and sets out on his Pocket Monster journey. Along for the ride are his six friends: Kasumi, Takeshi, Kenji, Haruka, Masato, and Hikari. Together, they journey through the Kanto League, Orange League, Jôto League, Houen League, the Battle Frontier and Shinou League. Pocket Monsters is the story of Satoshi, a young boy from Masera Town. He receives his first Pocket Monster at the age of 10 from Dr. Ookido, and sets out on his Pocket Monster journey. Along for the ride are his six friends: Kasumi, Takeshi, Kenji, Haruka, Masato, and Hikari. Together, they journey through the Kanto League, Orange League, Jôto League, Houen League, the Battle Frontier and Shinou League.
  • A WOW SHOW!

• The best series ever! (besides lilo and stitch)^^...

uhhm ... its really influential specially about pokemons I really love watching its series and its movies ....
    ^_^ My most favorite pocket monster is torchick I really like its ability ... when im playing games I always choose torchick as my pokemon because of its entire abilty and strength ... And my most favorite legendary pokemon is Rayquaza and Groudon ... I really liked when rayquaza stoped Groudon and Kyogre from fighting .... I hope there would be more pokemon's. I really love watching the series over and over... catching ash adventure evr'day is really fun.
    Well thatz all for now... ^^...
  • this is a great show! it is good for people of almost all ages.the first 3 seasons are the best in my opinion. is a great combination of many categories of entertainment.

pokemon is a wonderful kids cartoon based off of one of the greatest game series in the world. the first season is by far the best, but the second and third are also pretty good. there us a lot of action, comedy, and a little romance and drama. the show is a still making new episodes, but i prefer the earlier ones. if you like this show, you will also like the movies, or the other way around. the games are as great as the show if not better. i would recommend to kids older than six years old, because of all of the battles. a great show.
  • This show is awesome! Pokemon the way it was meant to be.

This show is fabulous. If you are a fan of pokemon, watch this. It is the same show, just with all the japanese stuff in it that was cut out of the american edition. Although, you will need to know japanese hah. anywayz, this is the show that started the animie fad that hasnt stopped! It has all the good elements, and keeps running long. This show is currently in its 10th season, so you know that its got a good fan base. Bad news is tho, if your american, you will either have to import this show on DVD or Video, or download it. But overall, this show is amazing and has really left its mark in pop culture. Any animie fan should watch this, or anyone that just wants to watch a fun and easy to pick up show.
  • The show before Pokemon USA wrapped its claws around it...

Pocket Monsters is the imcomparable legend of a boy named Satoshi training to be the world's best Pocket Monster trainer. It deserves a 10 clearly from originality, deep involving storylines, characters who are complete with personality traits and characteristics, and the Pocket Monsters themselves are perfect with many attacks, strengths and weaknesses that make up their own uniqueness, and their own individual Pocket Monster personality. With over 400 episodes and counting, the show is timeless, and has been around for a while now. You don't see many animes stick around for more than a few years, but Pocket Monsters has broken the mold with many seasons of endless adventures. I really wish it would be shown in the United States. I personally think if the had just brought it over uncut and subtitles, there wouldn't be so much trouble over the dub's VA's. Let us hope Pocket Monsters lives on forever.
  • Pretty dang good...for a Japanese Show!

Like I said, this is a really good show even if it is in Japanese. I've seen a couple episodes and although I don't understand what they are saying other than words that are the same in English, I still find the episodes to be good and I love the VA's! Haruka's is so cute! Plus some of the Pocket Monsters also have cute voices. Overall, even though I can't understand what the people are saying, I still find this to be a great show and I love as well as its dubbed version: Pokémon. This is one show that will live after it ends!
  • Pocket Monsters is the story of Satoshi's journey to capture Pocket Monsters

Satoshi and his Pikachu go around earning badges, frontier symbols, and catching more Pocket Monsters. He's not alone though, he has his friends Takeshi, Kasumi, Haruka, Masato, and Kenji, all of whom have traveled with him at some point. Haruka is also a big part of the story, as she tries to collect Contest Ribbons. I would say that the Houen region has been the best so far, but I haven't seen the Battle Frontier yet, so it could still be passed. Thank you for listening to my opinion about one of the greatest anime shows of all time, Pocket Monsters. :)
  • The world filled with monsters called Pokemon. They could either be treated as wild animals, pets or creatures to fight by the side of humans. A boy name Ash dreams of capturing all Pokemon in the world but he has to meet different and various challengers

6.7
    Pokemon is an original and unique story for me. It has a great and brand new system. The game of it is very addicting as well, seeing how popular it is. A downfall of it is its progress. As the episodes progress, it gets boring. Only some episodes steal the attention of the viewers. It shouldn't be also flame all the time since it is really for children. A great thing about it is the movies. The movies are just very magnificent. It has a focus unlike the episodes of it. I also noticed some character changes with the characters. I say, if only the episode progress is improvised, then the Pokemon series would be great. The music of it is fairly great as well. Since it has a lot of episodes and seasons, the opening and ending songs are created and it doesn't seem to be very well given effort.